PDA

View Full Version : HIPPIE FLIPS with markus4gtown & Kubrick37

markus4gtown
02-10-2013, 04:02 PM
my newest hippie flip montage. put much work in this one. in my opinion my best work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BGb8MpSBGI

Legba
02-10-2013, 04:27 PM
A lot of it was just too arcadey for my taste, but still an entertaining watch!
Like whateverthefuck you call what happened at 4:35 and pretty much all the stuff with the slide prop.
Great filming & editing too, the intro was brilliant!
I enjoyed it.

pawnluvguitarist
02-10-2013, 04:29 PM
So good man, definitely the best hippy flips vid I've seen. I really liked the variety of tricks, set ups and the mixture of realistic and arcade. Filming and edit were top notch as well.

Goat
02-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Mindblowing stuff, guiz
positively insane

InsideManager
02-10-2013, 05:22 PM
First off, the intro and editing is very clever and well done, right off the bat. And second off, I have never successfully completed any hippie flip in s3 even though I've tried a few times, so much e-props. So many of those tricks were just so ridiculous and entertaining even though it was arcadey, the double hippies, and the one between the square of the guard rail were sick. Now two suggestions to make it even more spectacular.

1. Hippy flip to stall on that QP that was in the beginning of the video.
2. Dress like Richie Jackson.

echoturbo
02-10-2013, 05:43 PM
this is my shit

NotedDerk
02-10-2013, 07:36 PM
3:09 was fucking nuts, super swag!
and that banger, god damn!

Razorlike Blue
02-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Its been a while since i've had so much fun just watching a vid.

[Moose]
02-10-2013, 09:07 PM
You guys are the only ones who can get away with posting hippie-flip videos
Your editing and overall style is in this sweet spot between arcade and realistic

In short: tits

m.seven
02-11-2013, 06:38 AM
hippy flip kings!!
this was a blast to watch!

knexzor
02-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Switch 360flip nosegrind... Wow. And that bottle shit. Wow. Really really impressed. Fucking doubles routines with hippy flips

momadaddy
02-11-2013, 12:05 PM
wow

somedude
02-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Holy Fuck! I will never understand how you guys can do that, mind blowing.

markus4gtown
02-11-2013, 12:31 PM
i wanna thank u guys for the nice feedback. really apreciate it :)

pawnluvguitarist
02-11-2013, 03:37 PM
I am interested to know how long it took you to get some of these tricks and how consistent you are with them. You've got em in lines too so you must have them pretty dialled.

madsser
02-11-2013, 04:33 PM
I haven't done a single hippieflip in s3 and you come out with this. Holy fuck.

How you do this, I don't know. Respect though. :)

Antwan
02-11-2013, 04:42 PM
I could never do these.. I guess I didn't really want to learn as I had already seen whole teams dedicated to it.
If I got one it wouldn't be half as good as the stuff the teams are putting together.
Only thing I didn't like was landing into sideways grinds. Made those sequences less enjoyable for me.
Other that that I enjoyed it. Was impressed by the multi-flip multi-prop stuff
double flips through two obstacles. Don't think I've seen that one.

exoskate89
02-11-2013, 08:05 PM
I have just beeb mindfucked

markus4gtown
02-11-2013, 09:36 PM
well it depends on what trick ur trying, but normally its the same process for every hippie. first it all happens in ur head. if u got an idea, u just think it trough. and most times u know. "yea that has to be possible". than the hardest part is done. u go to the park. adjust the rail hights, runway, get ur perfect marker. and then go for it, can take 5 mins, but also 2 hours. doesnt matter. if u know its possible,ur not gonna stop.
as example: my noseslide nollie flip out on the polejam spot.
set everything up, trying so long till i get a really close one, that i can let the rail at that hieght. after like 20min i got it the 1st time, but i landed left to the polejam and bailed in the water. now u know theres no way back. all in all took like like 1,5hours. so to antwan: thats y i dont redid it. when i land in sideway grind ;)
if u hav specifiv questions about tricks. ask

Noodlezer
02-12-2013, 01:21 AM
I haven't done a single hippieflip in s3 and you come out with this. Holy fuck.

haha :) same here! Good job

Seanne1986
02-12-2013, 03:07 AM
That was dope as hell. Not much for arcade videos, but I can watch hippieflip videos all day, if they are good enough. This was a great watch guys.

bohemian
02-13-2013, 01:36 AM
possibly the difficultestest gameplay ever recorded of this game.. no idea how youdo this consistently.. mad props

fallingskyline
02-13-2013, 02:06 AM
honestly i didn't ever like any hippy flip videos, but this was really dope. every trick in it would have made me destroy my controller. most difficult stuff i've seen in a while. clever edit and nice cams sealed the deal. <3

kriza
02-13-2013, 02:52 PM
nice man....i noticed some beast ones in here. looks like normal and easy mode. maby only for some idk. either way it was beast mode park hippis. I do mine in the world environment on hardcore

Hobbs
02-13-2013, 02:58 PM
awwweeesome, i gotta add you!

markus4gtown
02-13-2013, 08:49 PM
a few also were hardcore. especially at the last spot

Fecal Face
02-13-2013, 09:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8jyVrSY.gif

Antwan
02-13-2013, 11:10 PM
well it depends on what trick ur trying, but normally its the same process for every hippie. first it all happens in ur head. if u got an idea, u just think it trough. and most times u know. "yea that has to be possible". than the hardest part is done. u go to the park. adjust the rail hights, runway, get ur perfect marker. and then go for it, can take 5 mins, but also 2 hours. doesnt matter. if u know its possible,ur not gonna stop.
as example: my noseslide nollie flip out on the polejam spot.
set everything up, trying so long till i get a really close one, that i can let the rail at that hieght. after like 20min i got it the 1st time, but i landed left to the polejam and bailed in the water. now u know theres no way back. all in all took like like 1,5hours. so to antwan: thats y i dont redid it. when i land in sideway grind ;)
if u hav specifiv questions about tricks. ask

I don't see myself investing so much into making a board go under something.
I've personally dedicated my time on this series to finding out everything else.
I respect it, It's tough. I already Know that from trying.
I just don't see much coming from it personally..
I like what you did with a couple new setups
but it another light, I've seen every fliptrick under something at this point.
Respect for keeping things fresh but maybe just tighten up the loose ends.
A banging video with a couple eh tricks is dope but a banging video with no flaws is sick.
We've all got our opinions though. It didn't seem to bother anyone else.
Keep doing what you do. ;)