PDA

View Full Version : Skate 4 Kickstarter

Mark_Murderous
02-10-2013, 04:09 PM
So since EA is full of lame, why doesn't the community do a Kickstarter. They're all the rage these days in gaming. I know you want it, and I know some of you guys have money. The community for this game has outgrown EA. Cuz is Dead on an overdose of maple syrup and Hockey. If we want a Skate 4 that we want. I know a team of designers that are out of work. Forget Corporate whore mongers that dangle tasty awesome games in our faces and rape our wallets. Be the community that gets shit done and gets the game it deserves. I'm calling on all of you to look deep and realize what you want and know that you can make this happen. We don't need big developers with fat wallets. we need unity to develop what we all want. Who's fucking with me????? *Drops $10 in the kickstarter Skate 4 fund*

Ohmidineffect
02-10-2013, 05:42 PM
IF you actually know people this community is filled with people with loads of ideas and what not. I'd be down for a kick starter BUT you need to get A REAL business plan set up, expenses, time, etc. If we do it without pros we can get a good game going. All we need is a decent enough create a guy system that allows us to build pros and I'd be satisified. BUT we need a real presentable idea so we can get outsiders to throw money at it.

yumpancakes1
02-10-2013, 06:13 PM
set up a plan but try to keep the community involved i'd drop 100$ if its not bullshit
just sayin'

Antwan
02-10-2013, 07:53 PM
I just don't see Skate 4 Ever happening
Not like we wouldn't be able to pull it off but
Legal issues.. The Name being owned.. Flick it being owned..
The only thing I think we could do at this point is try to bring something up from scratch
but you need to realize with a different team the game isn't going to be the same as we remember.
Maybe I'm wrong. Skate seems to be a dead franchise at this point.
Maybe you could purchase rights to those things. I have no idea.

i am a snail
02-10-2013, 08:14 PM
i've actually been thinking of loads of possible ideas for a new game lately, not even necessarily skate 4 but fuck it just a new game in general.

i would support a kickstarter despite lack of hope of it ever getting off the ground.

Ladd279
02-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Honestly based off how the franchise has gone I don't really want a "skate 4". Based off how unrealistic skate 3 became compared to og and 2, I'd be timmed about it. I'd be more involved/hoped for another franshise coming in and keeping feel of skate,s2 with a more advance park editor

Antwan
02-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Ok so here is my thoughts on a Skate 4..
If we were feeling the terrain or not did Not seem to be the issue.
I remember reading things about the hype these games produced that had people scared.
However we all embraced the change, and made the most of it.
What I'm saying here is maybe skate 3 didn't meet EA's expectations at first
but it is still a thriving game and the only ones that appear to still be up and functional are the sequels.
There seems to be newcomers all the time. In this community and in online sessions.
I think a skateboarding game really does need to factor in pleasing all parties in a nice and tight package.
With a crew and company dedicated to the right things instead of the money coming in
It just might be a feasible, quality and in time maybe even a successful thing.
Even some of the backing to these projects were into skating a bit nutty when possible.
Let's say we got the old blackbox crew back together but we ran the operation.
Are we really up to the tasks that come along with all of it?
I think these are things you need to consider when calling this operation "Skate 4"
If you really want it to be a Skate 4 that is..
There are several different ways we could approach a new skateboarding game.
We will Surely need funding. If we want it to look nice and polished.
It could take several Years at the least to do something like this.
Not to mention every skate game incorporated new tricks that hardly affected gameplay.
This is pretty mashed together but the last thing I'm thinking on is
are the people involved enough into the idea to keep it going without pay coming in?
That certainly seems like something that could be very real with
all of these new games that are constantly coming out.

Noodlezer
02-11-2013, 12:02 AM
I really really doubt that this could work, even a bit.

A big company like EA wouldn't let people get the funds for them, it would be crazy for them in terms of commercial image. I think that even an online and worldwide petition would work better (though it wouldn't work anyway since EA seems to reffer only to the sales games make...).

And I'm also not sure that you can run a kickstarter project without EA involved in the project. For exemple, there are way more fans of Shenmue than fans of our skate game, and they're unable to launch a kickstarter project because of SEGA.

Sorry if my english is a bit hard to read when it comes to development of ideas :)

bohemian
02-11-2013, 03:25 AM
i heard soulex still roam the deserts on afghanistan

m.seven
02-11-2013, 07:35 AM
just look at any "we want skate 4" type thread and you'll see a cluster fuck of "longboards,bmx,i want my board to break,can i pick my bearings,will p-rod blow me" ideas.
and god forbid you don't put in somebody's suggestion...e-rage for days

InsideManager
02-11-2013, 07:39 AM
I don't think I trust anybody from this website enough to contribute the amount of money needed to legitimately fund a kickstarter. I mean for this to legitimately work we'd probably need at the very minimum thousand of dollars, and as much as I support and want a new skate game, I can't see it happening from here.

On that note though, I think it would be cool if there was a random board break that happened after like every certain hours of gameplay or something, and occassionally at random, even if it was just an animation and your board regenerated it would be cool I think. :mad:

Slamooh
02-11-2013, 08:09 AM
kickstarter is an interesting system for people or groups of people who have a project in mind AND skills to make it happen.

Just forget about it already

i am a snail
02-11-2013, 08:17 AM
"will p-rod blow me"
10/10 ign game of the year

Dzyne9
02-16-2013, 09:13 AM
There was a game called star wars galaxies. sony online ran it. was a huge mmorpg. they shut down the servers about a few months back.

more importantly, the reason the game declined was that earlier they nerfed alot of the indepth mechamics that made the game complicated and dumbed it down.
a group of people decided they wanted the old game back, so even bfore they shut the severs down they started working on ripping the code and re creating the old game. now the old game is up and running as an swg emulater. no intrusion from sony. this was done by people coding for free using the games models in a slightly altered state and the same basic code. however since it is not the code verbatem, i think that is how they get away with it.

what im saying is, you could for instance use the aspects of the code and game elements, but expand on them and tweak them to your liking. do things like add terrain limits and new items in cap, remove elements you think are useless and replace them with more useful ones. no use reinventing the wheel.

im not a lawyer, i dont know how it all works. but as far as i understand, if you dont call it skate 4 and try to make money off it, then its probably do able. people make games all the time that run off another games engine. so a dlc type game that ran off skate 4 and was free for download.....

Mark Murderous
02-16-2013, 01:32 PM
There was a game called star wars galaxies. sony online ran it. was a huge mmorpg. they shut down the servers about a few months back.

more importantly, the reason the game declined was that earlier they nerfed alot of the indepth mechamics that made the game complicated and dumbed it down.
a group of people decided they wanted the old game back, so even bfore they shut the severs down they started working on ripping the code and re creating the old game. now the old game is up and running as an swg emulater. no intrusion from sony. this was done by people coding for free using the games models in a slightly altered state and the same basic code. however since it is not the code verbatem, i think that is how they get away with it.

what im saying is, you could for instance use the aspects of the code and game elements, but expand on them and tweak them to your liking. do things like add terrain limits and new items in cap, remove elements you think are useless and replace them with more useful ones. no use reinventing the wheel.

im not a lawyer, i dont know how it all works. but as far as i understand, if you dont call it skate 4 and try to make money off it, then its probably do able. people make games all the time that run off another games engine. so a dlc type game that ran off skate 4 and was free for download.....

but can you rip code from a pure console game that never had a pc release?

Dzyne9
02-16-2013, 02:30 PM
not sure but it does have a game disc that contains all the data. im no programmer or what not, but im sure there is a way to view that data. if they can burn it on to a cd with a computer, you can retrieve it with one. its not like they build a game on the console itself, everything is ported over from a desktop/server.

Fecal Face
02-16-2013, 03:23 PM
How many people on this forum work with/for EA?

Mark Murderous
02-17-2013, 09:43 AM

I stalked Cuz for a Summer. Does that count?

Ladd279
02-17-2013, 07:26 PM

Mark the sith does

Fecal Face
02-17-2013, 09:55 PM
and Demz