PDA

View Full Version : Real time memory editing

Sleeper097
02-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Not sure what this forums policy is on "hacking/modifying" games, but I recently found out that people have discovered how to do real time memory editing for the PS3 ( I think this has been going on for a while on 360) Now i'm not into the hacking scene and I know nothing about it, but I sure am interested in it, and from what I understand real time memory editing allows you to do all sorts of awesome things for games.

http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/ps3-debug-dex-real-time-game-memory-modding-tutorial-2866/

I first became aware about this through Gran Turismo 5 as recently with the abillity to do real time memory editing people have produced 3,000BHP (and more) cars, a Honda Civic in particular, VTEC JUST KICKED IN YO!!11!! There have been several other cars made since then.

I wonder if any of you here are tech heads and are able to do this, would be interesting to see what could be done with Skate 3,

Unlimited Terain in CAP?
New objects in CAP?
Adjusted physics?

Who knows? I don't, but the posibilitys could be endless.

XImortalDEATHX
02-17-2013, 12:10 PM
That actually sounds awesome.

Hobbs
04-10-2013, 05:43 PM
i fugured id bump this brings up a topic

PoppySquidJr
04-10-2013, 06:13 PM
How did I miss this? This is actually pretty cool. I don't think stuff like this is reasonably approachable with EA Games, due to the heavy DRM and monitoring, and certainly not on Xbox. However, this is a cool concept nonetheless.

Hobbs
04-10-2013, 06:17 PM
well truthfully, i dont think ea really pays attention to skate it seems possible imo