PDA

View Full Version : Bills sign dynamic WR Owens

K05T0N
03-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Bills sign dynamic WR Owens

Chris Brown, Lead Journalist
Posted Mar 7, 2009

Bills fans get your popcorn ready. With Bills owner Ralph Wilson stating last season that his team was in need of more talent, took a big step in solving that issue with the signing of veteran wide receiver Terrell Owens.

“A great day for the Buffalo Bills organization,” said Bills COO Russ Brandon. “We’re excited to have one of the premier playmakers in a playmakers’ league.”

“I’m very excited to be here,” said Owens. “I want to thank the Buffalo Bills organization, Mr. Ralph Wilson. I just got off the phone with him after talking to him briefly and this is an opportunity for me where the story will kind of write itself.”

The Bills moved quickly to secure the services of the dynamic wideout flying to south Florida to pick Owens up with his well known agent Saturday morning.

“When you have a chance to get one of the top receivers in league history, you need to strike quick,” said Brandon. “We flew down to Miami this morning and picked up T.O. and Drew (Rosenhaus) and came back and spent a great day with each other.”

Released by the Dallas Cowboys earlier this week, Buffalo swooped in to sign the talented wideout that is coming off his ninth 1,000-yard receiving season in the last 11 years.

“It’s been a pretty couple of interesting days for myself,” said Owens. “And now I must move on. This is another new beginning for me. I’m looking forward to this opportunity and helping this organization out.”

Buffalo was in need of another proven weapon on the offensive side of the ball and hosted free agents like Laveranues Coles and Joey Galloway. Owens production on the field is far and away better than what either of the previous two visitors have been able to muster.

“We all know of his tremendous ability and look forward to what he will bring to our offense,” said Bills owner Ralph Wilson in a statement.

“I’m looking forward to getting with Trent, Lee and the guys and putting some points on the board,” said Owens. “That’s what I’ve done wherever I’ve been and it’s going to continue so I’m looking forward to the opportunity.”

Where he’ll help most is in the scoring department. Owens has recorded double digit touchdowns three of the last four seasons, with 10 TDs last season for Dallas. He’ll also pull attention away from top wideout Lee Evans and force defensive backfields to make difficult decisions on a weekly basis.

“I know one thing,” said Owens smiling. “That’s not going to be my problem.”

Granted it’s an NFL marriage that may have caught most of the league by surprise, but there’s no denying that the addition of Owens can change Buffalo’s playoff fortunes overnight.

“This might not be the most ideal place for a lot of people, but I’m my own guy,” said Owens. “I beat to my own drum, go with my own thinking, my own intuitions. And this is going to be an interesting situation. No matter what uniform I put on I perform.

“I saw how the Bills started the season out last year and they made some eyes open last year so if I can be that extra added piece to the puzzle to get them to the playoffs and make something happen then that’s what I’m here for.”

WOOOOOO LETS GO BUFFALO!!

Roccityroller
03-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Haha, didn't even realize this happened until this afternoon when my buddy saw something on facebook.

This could be super good or super bad for them tho, we'll see how it pays off. either way, i think i may actually have to make the drive over for a game now.

joker
03-08-2009, 06:51 AM
If you think of all the teams that TO distanced himself from, this is not going to be good for Bufalo. At least that's my opinion. He will be a huge disruption to any QB that he plays with. "Throw me the ball, throw me the ball...." then drop 40 percent of them.

I NEVER like TO.

EDIT: this in no way an attack on you koston, I didn't even look at your picture and location until after I posted my thoughts on TO.

ps. never ever liked him.

Nelson
03-08-2009, 07:30 AM
TO is a team killer.

Bad move Bills.

joshmutiny
03-08-2009, 08:02 AM
TO is a team killer.

Bad move Bills.

agreed.

buster_nb
03-08-2009, 08:22 AM
I felt better when he was way down in Texas. Now this is too close for comfort even several states away. Buffalo doesn't need any recievers anyway--lee evans, rosco parrish. They need an O-line!

K05T0N
03-08-2009, 01:02 PM
TO is a team killer.

Bad move Bills.

probably is

but with all of the marshawn lynch shit going down its nice to have another superstar on the team. we'll just have to see how this will effect the bills, it could be positive and he'll do great OR he'll complain a shitload, and the bills will be the same. so either way it cant get any worse, so im pretty psyched on this signing.

K05T0N
03-10-2009, 05:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okhiJjuefPw

hahaha hitler is a bills fan!

ERIKDOTCOM
03-12-2009, 08:39 AM
Holy shit the Bills picked him up? Wow. I'm glad to see him go cuz he was kinda an ass.