PDA

View Full Version : Team managing tutorial anyone!?!

iBeSkatin
02-25-2013, 05:33 PM
Come to conclusion most teams already have to many people so want to start my own but not sure how to run a team O.o

PoppySquidJr
02-25-2013, 06:29 PM
Hang around for a while first. People have to know you before you start anything if you want it to work, dude.

Antwan
02-25-2013, 07:59 PM
It can be hard if you do it wrong and easy if you do it right.
Find people that are on at similar times and down to get footage when deadlines are involved.
A big part of this community still ripping is old heads on old teams.
You might be better off looking elsewhere..
I guess We do get new guys here all the time though.
I suppose you gotta start somewhere.
Just don't get discouraged..
Maybe session with some people for a while, develop your skate and filming styles.
So when it comes time to execute you've got no worries.
Learn from each other. Get inspired by each other. That's what a teams all about right?
As far as I'm concerned I'm on the FluckIt Team. I learned most of what I know from the community.
Don't be a dick about it but start approaching people that you think have potential.
If you did want to approach some of the older members
I think a clothing or board line would be a best bet.
A team is a big commitment.
Organization, Decent Graphics, Good Video Editing, Good Skating.
It's not going to be easy this late in if you're not already familiar in those regions.

momadaddy
02-25-2013, 08:13 PM
start a team that runs itself. people will come and go so find people you trust to make decisions that are team based without you if need be. and most importantly it is a game. do not be overly serious about it.

InsideManager
02-25-2013, 08:41 PM
I kind of joined this site and like most new guys wanted to also jump right into teams and filming videos, but the really best thing you can do is just hang around, I think everybody naturally develops about 6 or so guys they skate with regularly and are friends with and that's a solid foundation for a team. Also the footage I got when I first came here is awful compared to what I get now, you have to kind of see what the community does, and then interperet and make that your own. Basically I guess you should just cool off on starting or joining a team, post in some threads, make some friends, almost everybody I skate with regularly I met just from checking out their parks and them seeing my graphics and just building a rapport, that's the best way to do it.

iBeSkatin
02-25-2013, 10:01 PM
Thanks guys yea it is kinda late ima do what you all suggest makes sence ill just get all my skills down get some friends start from there thanks :D