PDA

View Full Version : new edit enjoy!

shrednbunch
03-06-2013, 07:12 PM
here is my new edit i took your guys advice and tried to make this one better enjoy feedback is welcome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbFKzVf4BR4

m.seven
03-06-2013, 07:20 PM
not bad,work on keeping your cams more steady.there were clips where it kinda had a standing in a boat feel if that makes sense.
keep at it though man.the more vids you do the better they'll get.

Roccityroller
03-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Cool cool. Like m said just try to smooth those cams out. Less key frames is sometimes better.

exoskate89
03-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Try not to cut the skaters head when filmimg lines

i am a snail
03-06-2013, 09:01 PM
try to keep your skater fully in-frame, ESPECIALLY when your camera is following the skater.
watch for pan backs at the ends of your clips
a lot of these tricks felt kind of iffy to me, like you weren't necessarily trying to go for anything specific on a spot, just trying to stick any trick you could, which resulted in a couple things that looked kind of weird to me, like that bs feeble heelflip out where you caught the board on the opposite side of the rail. on the opposite side of the spectrum, there was that one clip that was just the flatground nollie inward heelflip, which seemed kind of just thrown in there.

keep at it, you'll get more of a feel for it the more videos you make and watch, and the more you play the game.

KRiSPY_ENJOISK8R
03-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Try to work with 10mm-15mm when following this will help keep the skater in full frame
when doing long lens say no for vignette
Decent intro would have been better with more shots like that so it could have a better flow with the beat(how i would have probably done it, but doesnt mean you have to)
tricks were basic, but i understand your still getting the feel of it
keep it up man, i know these things arent pulled off over night they take time im still trying to have great vids mine have just barely crossed pretty good

Ayreon
03-06-2013, 11:19 PM
listen to what others have said. I liked the intro shots. Cue those up to beats, ad some titles and your on your way.

A lot of your shots focused on the feet. These shots can look interesting for sure but it makes it hard to focus on the tricks sometimes.

If I do a foot shot, its either just for broll like your intro but not skating clips. If it is a skating clip, it will be a second angle. I'd find an interesting angle for a trick that may not show it off well. Then after that play the clip were the trick is in the center of the screen so you can see what I did.

Filming was a tad shakey like some said but not bad at all. U'll be real good at it in no time

schnavolda
03-07-2013, 01:02 AM
when doing long lens say no for vignette

he filmed with a cap card and therefore can't turn of the vignette.

KRiSPY_ENJOISK8R
03-07-2013, 03:38 AM
he filmed with a cap card and therefore can't turn of the vignette.

it clicked after i said it but i was to lazy to correct myself leaving it just bad for everyone

shrednbunch
03-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Thanks guys for the feedback ill try to make my new edit better.