PDA

View Full Version : Another Solo Montage

XxskydermanxX
03-07-2013, 10:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq52USMxZ7c&feature=player_detailpage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq52USMxZ7c&feature=player_detailpage

I'm stll not use to this but Hope you like it, it took me a while to make so yeah I hope you like it

KRiSPY_ENJOISK8R
03-07-2013, 11:59 PM
you have potential man. i liked it for the most part. nice tricks. smooth camera work for a few clips.
now for the constructed criticism.
1. get closer when filming use 10mm-15mm(best ranges)
2. if your going to do different tricks on the same obstacle try using a different angle.
3. watch out for the pull backs and the end of clips.. easy fix just place a marker on the point where the pull starts
4. try to generally keep the sound of landing synced to the beat.(not every clips has to be)
5.when uploading have about 1-2secs of footy before and after clips so you wont have the click sound in the beginning of clips and so you can have more room for putting clips together.
also for long shots choose no for vignette
6.try not to have to many quick jerks in the filming and keep it flowing as sad before "sometimes less key frames is better
7. watch other vids, learn and apply.
8. Keep it up man you got potential

m.seven
03-08-2013, 07:11 AM
krispy pretty much covered it here.
i'll only add that you might wanna trim the end of clips off more after the last trick,gets rid of some of the roll away time and keeps the pace flowing.
keep making vids man,practice makes for better vids :)

XxskydermanxX
03-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the advice i'll try it out and thanks m.seven for the tips aswel aha glad you liked it

Ayreon
03-08-2013, 09:30 AM
the main thing crispy said with tip 5.

Film longer and trim the first second off each clip. it will get rid of that click.

after one trick you pushed again then the clip ended. Try and stay away from pushing on your roll away.

not a big deal but it makes it look like what happened was an accident and you were just going to keep skating

he also said editing to be beat.

Dont have to do much. With that song the chours kicked in with a nice drum and cymbal hit that would make for a good camera cut or landing smack.

at some kind of intro title would be nice

for sure got a style going tho and tricks were good

XxskydermanxX
03-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Thanks for that and yeah i'll try in my next one but i couldn't get enough speed to roll away fast enough but yeah Thanks :P

XxskydermanxX
03-08-2013, 11:50 AM
you have potential man. i liked it for the most part. nice tricks. smooth camera work for a few clips.
now for the constructed criticism.
1. get closer when filming use 10mm-15mm(best ranges)
2. if your going to do different tricks on the same obstacle try using a different angle.
3. watch out for the pull backs and the end of clips.. easy fix just place a marker on the point where the pull starts
4. try to generally keep the sound of landing synced to the beat.(not every clips has to be)
5.when uploading have about 1-2secs of footy before and after clips so you wont have the click sound in the beginning of clips and so you can have more room for putting clips together.
also for long shots choose no for vignette
6.try not to have to many quick jerks in the filming and keep it flowing as sad before "sometimes less key frames is better
7. watch other vids, learn and apply.
8. Keep it up man you got potential

Number 5 right i'm not sure how to do that is ther a tutriol?

KRiSPY_ENJOISK8R
03-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Number 5 right i'm not sure how to do that is ther a tutriol?

There really isnt a tutorial for #5.
easy break down
1. after filming before you upload make sure you have a 1-2 before you begin your first key frame and about 1-2secs after you land your trick
2. when editing your video shrink those extra seconds from the beginning to eliminate the *click* noise. and at the end if the roll away is too long

Antwan
03-08-2013, 02:22 PM
10mm Is fucking rough to start filming in.
There is no real point to it unless you have angels that basically
have the skater chilling on one side of the screen.
That's the only time things seems to "pop out"
Far off shots feel way too damn far off. Not a huge fan of 10mm personally.
24 Does the job just fine, gets close without distorting.
I mean do what you want. Always. I don't think anyone needs to use 10mm though.

XxskydermanxX
03-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Thanks it helps for all the tips that you guys are giving me so yeah I'll try it out and see if it works

KRiSPY_ENJOISK8R
03-08-2013, 06:14 PM
10mm Is fucking rough to start filming in.
There is no real point to it unless you have angels that basically
have the skater chilling on one side of the screen.
That's the only time things seems to "pop out"
Far off shots feel way too damn far off. Not a huge fan of 10mm personally.
24 Does the job just fine, gets close without distorting.
I mean do what you want. Always. I don't think anyone needs to use 10mm though.

ive always used ten. the video i posted today was the first time i ever actually used anything other than ten or a long lens..i used 15mm