PDA

View Full Version : BMX The Game : Modifying Terrain

Goon_Panda
03-08-2013, 11:00 AM
This is how the terrain modification tool in the upcoming BMX game is gonna work.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/182476_554154164617330_629750836_n.jpg

"Control points"... Move 'em up and down etc.

PoppySquidJr
03-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Reminds me of Avatar Golf on XBLA, good shit.

NotedDerk
03-08-2013, 11:05 AM
I like how the vignette looks just like skates, why it's on during park editor? no idea!

emericaridr11
03-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Oh dang

Goon_Panda
03-08-2013, 11:32 AM
There are also rumors of unlimited merge.

Fecal Face
03-08-2013, 12:19 PM
I like how the vignette looks just like skates, why it's on during park editor? no idea!

that vignetting is ugly

Ruben_Williams
03-08-2013, 12:28 PM
Finally a BMX game coming out but all we get to see is a lump of grass!

Antwan
03-08-2013, 02:17 PM
It's more than that though..
It's already giving me ideas.
I'm guessing every dot can be dragged up/down
Imagine doing like full on dirt parks in the style of snow stuff..
Like Dirt ledges.. Dirt half pipes.. shit. List goes on.

BladderBoy
03-08-2013, 04:12 PM
This mockup has a beautiful interface.

Just kidding.

These guys need an art director sooooooo bad.

Still watching this tho...

bengrover
03-08-2013, 04:37 PM
I hope they change those shit fonts, design and genral layout.

Lot of possibilities with this though.

Dzyne9
03-08-2013, 05:19 PM
If they are actually going to use this style of control and combine it with a non-uniform rational b algorithm ( which it looks like) and their code is smart enough to know to weld adjacent vertices within constraints then it means perfectly smooth merging of sections and unlimited control over hips and curves. hopefully they have another control type in mind that will allow for sharp corners and edges, because this wont.

BladderBoy
03-08-2013, 05:33 PM
hopefully they have another control type in mind that will allow for sharp corners and edges, because this wont.

Unless you get Bezier control over each point. That would be nice.

Dzyne9
03-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Unless you get Bezier control over each point. That would be nice.

This

I know i wouldnt even want to be part of any team that has to take a modeling tool and incorporate it into a control mechanic in game. sounds like a nightmare. not sure how many people have done nurbs, nurms or editible patch modeling, but it can be a nightmare looking for that one vertice that didnt weld and left you with a seam. or when three weld together accidentally. I just see glitch free-for-all there.

Ayreon
03-08-2013, 07:55 PM
holy shit balls.

Im sure thats just for dirt. Wth the sharp points and all that, I'd bet they have objects to put in to. But that looks amazing

Goon_Panda
03-08-2013, 10:11 PM
It's for dirt only. Non-dirt will be pieces like in S3.

Ruben_Williams
03-09-2013, 09:44 AM
well do u have alink to more than a mole hill? haha I dont wanna sound rude. . . sorry. Its just I been waiting for a good BMX game since skate, and finally someone emerges with this? ha (ud be frustrated)

PoppySquidJr
03-09-2013, 10:01 AM
well do u have alink to more than a mole hill? haha I dont wanna sound rude. . . sorry. Its just I been waiting for a good BMX game since skate, and finally someone emerges with this? ha (ud be frustrated)

They have a lot more screenshots of the Nike 6.0 Tunnel Jam they've made, but come on, if you realize JUST what this is it's something to get STOKED about.

schnavolda
03-09-2013, 10:04 AM

what do you expect? this game is in alpha development stage at most, they are still working on the core of the game. if you expect something more flashy, maybe stay out of this thread for the next six months or so.

Ruben_Williams
03-09-2013, 10:15 AM
I just thought it was random to release, this, instead of i dunno. . . something else?

PoppySquidJr
03-09-2013, 10:41 AM
I just thought it was random to release, this, instead of i dunno. . . something else?

This is one of the biggest things they've released yet, this shows the park editor will have customization beyond anything we've ever seen in an extreme sports game. What more could you want?

Dzyne9
03-09-2013, 11:07 AM
Id give anything to have that control on a pad in cap. It allows you to do what we all try to but cant

Ruben_Williams
03-09-2013, 11:42 AM
This is one of the biggest things they've released yet, this shows the park editor will have customization beyond anything we've ever seen in an extreme sports game. What more could you want?

well yes this might be great, but when it's the only thing u know of, it just seems abit ambiguous. . . I was hoping for a link to the source of this image, or a small write up somewhere or something I dunno . . . I've tried googling BMX game and got videos of a bike riding around with no one on it? is that it? what should I be looking forrrr?

PoppySquidJr
03-09-2013, 11:45 AM
well yes this might be great, but when it's the only thing u know of, it just seems abit ambiguous. . . I was hoping for a link to the source of this image, or a small write up somewhere or something I dunno . . . I've tried googling BMX game and got videos of a bike riding around with no one on it? is that it? what should I be looking forrrr?

http://www.bmxthegame.com/
Have fun? This has been around for quite a while now
the facebook page for BMXthegame also has a bunch of screenshots and such.

Ruben_Williams
03-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Ok thanks thats all I wanted to know, sorry if it came across as awkss. . .:D