PDA

View Full Version : question about sony vegas

joshmutiny
03-10-2009, 01:46 PM
how do you get clips to fit the screen? so it's not letterbox looking? if you're downloading from the reel, i mean, and using vegas 8/9.

greenlake
03-10-2009, 01:47 PM
i think reel clips are always just lookin like that. if you had them fit the screen they'd be skewed all retarded. or mentally disabled. whichever fits the current social climate.

EmmitBrown
03-10-2009, 02:00 PM
it depends what screen size you're rendering to....as long as its 16:9 it will fill the entire 16:9 screen...youtube player etc......which the .reel clips are.

you should set your project and render settings to something 16:9 and then make sure you fill your preview screen...(open up the track position/motion box...and stretch the rectangle until it fills the preview screen.)

LENNON
03-10-2009, 04:11 PM
i believe this works for every program.. i believe it was made by in n out from the ea forum...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGaL1tvTwh4&feature=channel_page

hope i helped

EmmitBrown
03-11-2009, 03:38 AM
nah, he uses final cut pro....so unless you interpret what he's doing and then search around and figure out how to do the same thing in vegas or whatever program you're using, it wont help much......features rarely have the same name and less often have the exact same function across different software.

Roccityroller
03-11-2009, 04:25 AM
Here's what i do.

click Project drop down menu at the top right (where new, open, and save are) and go to properties. Set your frame size to 640x360 (16:9)

Then when you put the clips in, on the right side of each clip is a couple little buttons, one is "pan/crop" click the pan crop and under profiles at the top, select the 16:9 profile, it'll auto adjust itself to cut off the black above/below the screen. I haven't figured out how to auto apply it to all clips, so now, you have to do it for every clip you put in the timeline.

That's the easiest way i've found.

joshmutiny
03-18-2009, 07:32 AM
i forgot about this thread. thanks for the help you guys.

CaseyCadaver
03-24-2009, 10:54 AM
this is probably the biggest issue with making videos... bugs the hell out of me. I hate seeing letterboxes and I hate putting out vids with them. Im retarded when it comes to video editing but I'm getting there... hopefully some one puts out a video for premiere....

Roccityroller
03-24-2009, 11:29 AM
Premiere was easy, just set you project settings to 640x360 cuz premiere will crop the clips to fit that size as opposed to Vegas stretching/compressing them to fit.

CaseyCadaver
03-25-2009, 11:42 PM
sweet... doing it now!

you roc city... you're a swell guy.

Just wanted you to know.

ERIKDOTCOM
03-28-2009, 04:56 PM
sweet... doing it now!

you roc city... you're a swell guy.

Just wanted you to know.

Put 'em together:eek:, hehe lol:cool: