PDA

View Full Version : It happened again!

Antwan
03-15-2013, 09:07 AM
Well, I fuckin called it man. Laptop is out for the count. Working on a replacement but its likely going to be a while.. on my phone.. damn.. these things never seem to last! I might try a mac or something. Suggestions? Video card is likely fucked had a busted up screen using an external monitor and today of all days it doesnt recognize any screen input.. I must have 5 mins of skate2 footy ATLEAST. Now you all have to wait. Hope your days going better than mine.

emericaridr11
03-15-2013, 09:58 AM
man i got my imac for 400 cash, works SO good

not the best specs but damn its fast for what it is.....

17inch
4gb RAM
250gb HDD
ATI Radeon x1600 Graphics Card

only thing im not happy with is the Graphics Card, it aint the worst but i wished i had one that could handle 3d Rendering

very simple, Macs just work, stock as fuck!

i know PC users love the machines cause they can upgrade EVERYTHING, i understand thats badass

BUT macs just WORK!

gotxAsian
03-15-2013, 11:46 AM
Apple ftw!

Antwan
03-15-2013, 01:53 PM
What do you mac users use a mac for? My things are video production, a bit of graphic design and pc gaming once in blue moon. Counterstrike pretty much. Ive been through a ton of computers only really had one that could handle cs source. The mac has a long lifespan? They are a bit more pricey.

XImortalDEATHX
03-15-2013, 02:08 PM
Damn, Antwan, that sucks. Hope you figure out your situation soon.

emericaridr11
03-15-2013, 06:49 PM
What do you mac users use a mac for? My things are video production, a bit of graphic design and pc gaming once in blue moon. Counterstrike pretty much. Ive been through a ton of computers only really had one that could handle cs source. The mac has a long lifespan? They are a bit more pricey.

like i said i got mine for 400 cash on craigslist.... making sure the seller was 100% legit, he actually got it checked by apple the day i picked it up, GREAT deal....

you wont get much gaming out of a Mac, they are Great for Media type stuff though.... editing videos/photos Graphics all that goodness

you want a gaming Comp DONT GO MAC!

Antwan
03-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Never used the craigslist. I might just suck it up and start saving for one if they are really any good id love to have it last. For the record dont buy Acer Laptops guys the one I got had faulty wiring just letting it hibernate with the screen down fucked with it.

pawnluvguitarist
03-15-2013, 09:41 PM
Get a Mac and then never go back. still got my MacBook Pro, like 6 years old now, no problems. I only really use it for Music and video editing though, they aren't gaming computers.

Hobbs
03-16-2013, 05:45 AM
Yea what imortal said, but yea Apple is good!

Ruben_Williams
03-16-2013, 06:28 AM
apple is good but horrible prices, I'd personally run with a custom built PC, u'd get much more for ur money and know what it is you've put into the machine, plus it's upgradable.

emericaridr11
03-16-2013, 10:20 AM
btw is that a Fucking ZOmbies Ate my Neighbors Picture Antwan!?

SO GOOD!

DaaGooN
03-18-2013, 02:06 PM
It has always made me laugh when i hear "GET A MAC" when the componets are the same as any pc. just less & over priced from APPLE! . internal is the same as any PC, it's the OS & White prosthetics look people like pay for..

Let me tell you.. NO MAC will better a PC. because it's the same thing lol
I build these thing's and have done for the last 14+ years. with $1000 i could build a beast of a machine that looks amazing.
or you could just buy a ok machine with APPLE logo. ;/

I have both MacPro i5. & Custom PC i7.. so i ain't no PC fan and hate mac. i am just telling you the truth.

Right now on my i7 @4.5Ghz OC.
im running Lion,Linux,Win8,XP,Win7 64. all in virtual machine.
since i have a i7 4 Core 4 threads.. i give each machine 4 Cores. so it acts like a main machine.
also i run SSD's, I will never put a Mech-HDD in a PC ever again. (Silence is key) so everything is uber fast. 24GB Ram helps since it's cheap £94..
also dual monitors.. monitor A has win7. monitor B Lion. :/

Example..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6Ujv1SpljU

Roccityroller
03-18-2013, 02:15 PM
"Get a mac and never go back"

Guess what? I don't like to admit this, but i bought a mac...

and i went back.

and don't say "you gotta give it time" I had it for 6 months, i learned the OS and all that jazz. It just never lived up to my ASUS PC that i got for the same price... 4 years ago.

I like ASUS, i've had mine for 4.5 years now and it hasn't acted up, and i leave it on pretty much 24/7. Never had a problem editing video, etc.

I just bought an ASUS ultrabook for my grandmother yesterday. 4gb RAM, 500 GB HDD, i5 processor, under $500.

DaaGooN
03-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Mac (Without upgrades)
27-inch
3.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i5
1TB
8GB Ram
£1699.00 Without Upgrades.
http://store.apple.com/uk/configure/MD096B/A

PC (without upgrades - 1 of many Pc.. just stick OSX on it instead of win7)
Ultima 9550i Tyrannosaur MKIII
Intel Core i7 3770K 3.50GHz @ 4.60GHz Quad Core Ivybridge
Nvidia GTX 680
2TB
16GB
£1624.99

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-244-OE&groupid=43&catid=2474&subcat=2481

Ayreon
03-18-2013, 02:42 PM
yah people that blab on about macs are fairly blinded by the name.

If u like the OS or mac and can afford one, then get a mac. If u like windows, get a PC.

If you want a pretty good computer, need to do video editing and dont wanna spend an assload of money, macs arent for you.

They're quality. I figure their failure rate might be lower, laptop wise. IDK shit about laptops.

But I got a tank fucking computer, made custom by my friend. Its the best way to go if u want power at a reasonable price

PS

I've worked in a mac office before. Im fairly used to it.

I like windows 7 a lot better

emericaridr11
03-19-2013, 11:14 AM
and this turned out exactly the way i figured......
i told you why mac was good ill leave it at that, and let you make the decision

I will never buy a PC ever again, just sayin

BladderBoy
03-19-2013, 12:09 PM
I have a Mac Pro tower, with a second 2TB drive dedicated to running Windows 7. Runs all my PC games like a dream. Best of both worlds - I can boot Mac OS or Windows at startup.

Ayreon
03-19-2013, 01:10 PM
thats fucking sick lol

DaaGooN
03-20-2013, 05:53 PM
thats fucking sick lol

You not read my post lol. i said the same thing..
just dual-boot or run VMware.

Laptops are for girls..

Antwan
03-21-2013, 11:07 AM
VirtualBox is pretty good.. limited though. Its virtual. Could never get it to recognize my capture card. Pretty vital at the moment. Ive been through several pcs and a couple custom build laptops. Exeperiences werent good, even with great setups. Im going to try a mac.

PoppySquidJr
03-21-2013, 11:29 AM
VirtualBox is pretty good.. limited though. Its virtual. Could never get it to recognize my capture card. Pretty vital at the moment. Ive been through several pcs and a couple custom build laptops. Exeperiences werent good, even with great setups. Im going to try a mac.

If you aren't into serious gaming and you're only really going to use it for image and video editing (not video rendering), then more power to ya. I can't stand macs because I love my PC games, but I know macs are good for certain people, and macs are way better for a lot of artsy stuff, since they have a TON of mac exclusive programs that make it easier.

SolidMojo
03-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Stayed away from this thread as everyone knows how it turns out hehe.

But..

*snip* but I know macs are good for certain people, and macs are way better for a lot of artsy stuff, since they have a TON of mac exclusive programs that make it easier.

Thats what Apple wants you to believe, if you repeat a lie enough... ;)

Its more that you "buy a lifestyle" rather than efficency.

But whatever, fuck the police, fight the power, its my body I do what I want etc.

Go with what feels best for you :)

DaaGooN
03-21-2013, 01:35 PM
lol Then build a PC and stick OSX10... on it. be alot cheaper than buying a MAC.

1. you get to choose better parts for Less money.
2. you can then choose a Case & Monitor.. i don't think apple have a monitor with IPS panel
3. setup multi-boot. OSX/Win7/Win8/xp ect. will all act like a main OS

shit you could even have all them OS on a $120 250GB SSD so they will all be super fast. & plug in a 1,2,3,4TB or w/e for storage and hot-link it so it reads off the ssd for speed but you have the storage space of TB's.

end of the day it's you who is paying..
I got both,
Mac Tower,Macbook air pro, Sony laptop 520e, 3 Custom PC's.

If it was my money, i would build my own Hackintosh :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm4jH01Sluc