PDA

View Full Version : One Trick Pony - Premiere - Ayreon and Razorlike Blue

Ayreon
03-15-2013, 05:02 PM
http://youtu.be/Xu0jcLfIuI8

Had the footy at the same time so I made the first 1TP a two'fer'1 deal.

Razor does manuals
Ayreon does powerslides

Turned out pretty good if i may say so. A lot of original tricks that stem from the idea of incorporating a single trick into as many ways as you can think of.

Thanks for Razor for his clips.

Goon_Panda
03-15-2013, 05:18 PM
Damn. My stuff is definitely not as inventive as that.
I think I have more than 2 mins of footy as well. I'll let you choose which clips to include.

XImortalDEATHX
03-15-2013, 05:18 PM
Turned out really nice, can't wait for the other ones. The ender was nuts.

SolidMojo
03-15-2013, 05:20 PM
Great skating by the both of y'all, but I'm mostly impressed by the edit, very good job Sparkles :)

*pops open the champagne* It IS a premiere after all.

m.seven
03-15-2013, 05:35 PM
pretty inventive trickery from both you guys.
i know how you like those special effects :p

Hobbs
03-15-2013, 05:49 PM
very cool tricks!

Ayreon
03-15-2013, 07:54 PM
Damn. My stuff is definitely not as inventive as that.

Kinda disappointed to hear that. Especially since you picked body varials. Those can be really innovative

Turned out really nice, can't wait for the other ones. The ender was nuts.

Great skating by the both of y'all, but I'm mostly impressed by the edit, very good job Sparkles :)

*pops open the champagne* It IS a premiere after all.
I literally lol'd

pretty inventive trickery from both you guys.
i know how you like those special effects :p
sure do. wouldnt be bothered to keep making vidoes if I wasnt learning new editing tricks

very cool tricks!

spanks man

Antwan
03-15-2013, 09:35 PM
Pretty cool idea.. lotta grey area and people left out using tricks that are so basic though. If you want a challenge do an advanced trick sequence next round and make variations of it. Call it the pony ride or some shit.

Goon_Panda
03-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Kinda disappointed to hear that. Especially since you picked body varials. Those can be really innovative

I meant like, Razor's hippie flips etc. I tried for an hour to get one yesterday with a body varial. Couldn't.

Razorlike Blue
03-15-2013, 11:55 PM
We're awesome! There were a few clips I should of tried a couple more takes on. Anyway, loving that pony logo. And those powerslides are bausly.

Maybe we should have used Sparklehorse in this edit.

Ayreon
03-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Pretty cool idea.. lotta grey area and people left out using tricks that are so basic though. If you want a challenge do an advanced trick sequence next round and make variations of it. Call it the pony ride or some shit.

That would be counter productive to make more variations. If they are stuck to a sequence, they have to do the sequence. Razor picked manuals...so he can do any combo of manuals he can think of. Is someone picked a noselide, they can do any flip, gap grab or whatever they want as long as theres a nose-slide in there

a trick sequence would only limit the thing they can do even more.

I meant like, Razor's hippie flips etc. I tried for an hour to get one yesterday with a body varial. Couldn't.

Pretty sure its not possible. Maybe is. I may have seen one with a late flip. But with the body turning I dont see it happening. The feet would catch the rail

We're awesome! There were a few clips I should of tried a couple more takes on. Anyway, loving that pony logo. And those powerslides are bausly.

Maybe we should have used Sparklehorse in this edit.

sparkle what? lol

Thick
03-16-2013, 09:41 AM
Sweet idea. Impressive tricks. I love powerslides.

Ayreon
03-16-2013, 07:53 PM
me too

figure i'd be tired of them after all those but im still bustin out power slide tricks

Antwan
03-17-2013, 06:54 PM
Well of course theres less variation ideas thats the challenge haha its something I deal with in nearly every video :p

Ayreon
03-18-2013, 01:45 PM
Well of course theres less variation ideas thats the challenge haha its something I deal with in nearly every video :p

I see what you mean. For some reason I was thinking you said with people being left out with basic tricks means they would have nothing but that trick to do and there would be no variation.

But yah, it would be challenging to force someone to do the exact sequence over and over so there would be no leeway for accidental tricks making it different. Maybe a good idea. I'd be worried it would get to repetitive even with a 2 minute vid.

sk8tatter
03-18-2013, 03:20 PM
love that powerslide over the light (2:43)

Ayreon
03-18-2013, 10:16 PM
haha yah

your park is sick too

skated all gorilla kult parks in this. But so much time in cap faction parks felt i needed to give some love to Gorilla Kult. You guys are more active these days.

Legba
03-18-2013, 10:41 PM
Fuck yeah! This is as awesome as a collab from you two should be!
Madness from both of you:
Razor had some Daewon style shit (that spin manny to hippy? one foot off a rock?!) plus that righteous wall manny to tucknee in the intro. I loved the animations for the intros btw, and the use of the two songs.
Ay, you had plenty of great clips too, but that ender took the cake. It was just so damn fluid! (honorable mention for the noseblunt on the plywood and everything that happened from 3:06 to 3:16)
Daymaking stuff here guys, really.

Ayreon
03-19-2013, 08:19 AM
thanks man.

you should get in on 1pt

Antwan
03-19-2013, 08:23 AM
I realize I dont always hype people up. Just contributing what comes to mind. For some reason I watch your stuff and think what if it happened this way? I enjoyed the video. Just sayin.

Ayreon
03-20-2013, 03:24 PM
I realize I dont always hype people up. Just contributing what comes to mind. For some reason I watch your stuff and think what if it happened this way? I enjoyed the video. Just sayin.

I know man. Depending on what it is a sequence could be really cool. A simple one. Liek noseslide to tailslide. Those are fucking hard to do. Vid of those would be sick

Toatscoming picked a kickflip then late flip. I rolled with that

so itll happen

Hal Incandenza
03-23-2013, 06:44 AM
Wow, great idea! First off, great logo. Some wacky shit in there but sure kept my interest the whole way through! Awesome, watched it twice

Goat
03-23-2013, 02:20 PM
Razortail and Ay are wizards

Ayreon
03-24-2013, 09:46 AM
Wow, great idea! First off, great logo. Some wacky shit in there but sure kept my interest the whole way through! Awesome, watched it twice
dam, i dont think i've ever watched a vid twice. thanks

Razortail and Ay are wizards
razortail?

sounds like a pokemon

XImortalDEATHX
03-24-2013, 11:26 AM
sounds like a pokemon

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL

Ruben_Williams
03-24-2013, 12:21 PM
Loved that pole jam up the bank, lol I've never been able to hit that, haha

Hobbs