PDA

View Full Version : is skateboarding ready to openly embrace a treansgender skater?

fallingskyline
03-19-2013, 03:39 PM
http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2013/03/18/is-skateboarding-ready-to-openly-embrace-a-transgender-skater/

pretty awesome article... her skating seems not to shabby, either.
btw, i find this an pretty interesting topic.

i think, why shouldn't there be a transgernder skater? i mean if there are female skaters, why shouldn't chicks with ... not? (sorry no offence)
why the fuck should gender in a sport that is based on individuality matter AT ALL! each human being is unique.t

i guess, most bad response comes from fear and jealousy, maybe she's a better skater than the guys bullying/judging her. maybe they have fallen for her and felt tricked... but all of that mustn't be a reason to deny someone a sport like skateboarding...

so, what's your two cents?

PoppySquidJr
03-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Ugh, people judging people for being different people. It's the way it's always been, but eventually you can only hope we evolve past the point of worrying about differences.

Granka
03-19-2013, 04:00 PM
If someone wants to skate, let that motherfucker skate. Whatever gender, whatever sexuality. I see no point in anyone hating on another one who wants to skate. Let's just share the fun of skating, not hate.

i am a snail
03-19-2013, 04:11 PM
i think that at the end of the day were talking about skateboarding so who really gives a fuck about the tumblr social justice bullshit surrounding the presence of gender dysphoria in anything? if skating's not ready to accept it then nothing is.

BladderBoy
03-19-2013, 04:51 PM
I'm down for that. Mad respect to any gay or trans that shamelessly puts their shit out there. And yeah I often wondered why sports like gymnastics and ice skating separate men and women. Style is style. Execution is execution. Even playing field. Is it?

Not gonna lie, chicks skating at X-Games does not provide even a fraction of the excitement of the dudes. Are guys just better athletes? Is it because women aren't raised to be physically aggressive? 50 years from now, will men be competing against women?

Depends on the sport I guess. Danica Patrick won pole position at Daytona recently. There is now a transgender in MMA. Women in NFL? NBA? I dunno...

Hobbs
03-19-2013, 05:03 PM
Its stupid, no one cares about the gender, just skate to have fun. I dont see why people should care!

briden
03-19-2013, 05:21 PM
She the best.

Creepy side-note: my garota clips were loosely based off of her.

Clayfighter
03-19-2013, 05:51 PM
im tired of hillary thompson getting all the credit. what about elissa steamer? or dylan rieder? those are the true pioneers

andreas
03-19-2013, 06:38 PM
im tired of hillary thompson getting all the credit. what about elissa steamer? or dylan rieder? those are the true pioneers

I lol'd hard

i am a snail
03-19-2013, 07:34 PM
oh god im dying

echoturbo
03-19-2013, 07:44 PM
im not ready yet

i am a snail
03-19-2013, 07:58 PM
im not ready yet
http://fireden.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/char-the-butcher-die-cis-scum.jpg.jpeg

Ayreon
03-19-2013, 10:32 PM
tp the chick man. Who cares? They can do whatever they want. Good for them

I
50 years from now, will men be competing against women?

This I dont see happening. Division of sex in sports is just natural. Men are naturally stronger than women. Mainly for full contact spots I dont see it happening. Danica is different. Racing is crazy but theres no body contact. Skateboarding, golf and stuff like that. I dont see why not if a woman really did want to compete in the male league. They are most skill based, and less to do with physical strength and size. If there was a chick in the NFL im sure players would be reluctant to tackle her. Others may make a point to take her out. Who knows what would happen. Wouldnt end well

PoppySquidJr
03-19-2013, 10:40 PM
tp the chick man. Who cares? They can do whatever they want. Good for them

This I dont see happening. Division of sex in sports is just natural. Men are naturally stronger than women. Mainly for full contact spots I dont see it happening. Danica is different. Racing is crazy but theres no body contact. Skateboarding, golf and stuff like that. I dont see why not if a woman really did want to compete in the male league. They are most skill based, and less to do with physical strength and size. If there was a chick in the NFL im sure players would be reluctant to tackle her. Others may make a point to take her out. Who knows what would happen. Wouldnt end well

Danica Patrick is a god awful driver, and she has never finished in any respectable position until getting lucky recently because she's too busy whoring herself out as a "female empowerment figure" instead of learning to fucking drive.There's a point when you stop doing it for equality and start doing it for your own damn ego.

Anyway, even things like skateboarding and golf require more muscle mass than most people imagine, and the women never keep up. The single best female golfer is unable to beat the scores of a lower-end mediocre male professional golfer. It's just the way it is, for some reason. I'm all for equality, so I hate when people assume I'm sexist for saying it, but women really can NOT keep up in almost any sport. Things like poker or whatever, games of mental ability and strategy are the only thing on ESPN I can imagine them holding their own in, because they do.

Goat
03-19-2013, 10:47 PM
Lacey Baker
is good

replicant
03-20-2013, 12:22 AM
As long as you can skate and entertain me I don't give a shit if you identify yourself as a penguin.

schnavolda
03-20-2013, 02:20 AM

i can't describe with words how much i just laughed...

bohemian
03-20-2013, 04:32 AM
what an insane thread

and i loled hard at clay

Hitmanx123
03-26-2013, 03:19 PM

oh god my sides