PDA

View Full Version : I just had an idea.

Goon_Panda
03-31-2013, 01:19 AM
And it is very likely to fail.

But we might as well give it a shot.

Rob Dyrdek

I am damn sure he is a stinkin' rich entrepreneur and professional skateboarder. He was heavily involved in the Skate series, and his facility in LA was featured as downloadable content for Skate 2.

He seems like the guy who would be willing to help keep this game going. If we give him/his organisation (Dyrdek Enterprises) the information to show that this community really means something (cheesy, I know), Rob might just give us a hand with keeping the servers up. And yes, I'm saying it's possible that he might pay for the operation of the servers etc. What I mean by that is that depending on the price, he could purchase them and provide funds for their operation.

Yeah it might not work, but shit, we gotta try.

What we need is...

- Petition
- Examples of the contect we create

The petition isn't a must, but we need to show him this site (and Lb), and some of the videos we make. A CAP of Fantasy Factory might help as well.

We should seriously try this.

http://dyrdek.com/contact/

Fantasy Factory, 1672 Hammonton Smartville Rd, Marysville, CA 95901.

Ph: 530-742-4300

Heck, if any of you live close enough, perhaps even give him a visit too lol.

P.S. I'm not sure if I can do the phone thing thanks to being in NZ.

Yarivpa
03-31-2013, 01:44 AM
I like the idea!

I had another one wich was to ask ea to leave us the website (to the likebutter webmaster for example) bit i'm not sure it is possible

Goon_Panda
03-31-2013, 02:05 AM
No that wouldnt work yarivpa. We'd need server savvy techies and plenty of cash. It would be difficult to keep the donations flowing.

Yarivpa
03-31-2013, 02:19 AM
Ok so you have to prepare an e mail to Rob but i'm pretty sure he do not care about skate 3... But we have to try!

Goat
03-31-2013, 02:21 AM
Dude....

momadaddy
03-31-2013, 02:42 AM
this may be hard but i think it is our best bet. we need to find the rainbow farting unicorn that powers the skate website and servers and ask him kindly to keep it going. he normally requires a box of lucky charms, one of those Friendly's brand Watermelon Sherbet cake things, and a copy of the official Space Jam soundtrack on cassett tape as an offering

Kinky-
03-31-2013, 03:17 AM
make a thread on here as a petition (: ?

Hobbs
03-31-2013, 04:08 AM
Greeaat idea panda this is very nice!

SolidMojo
03-31-2013, 04:17 AM
Should apply to the Rob Dyrdek Foundation. Write it with crayons and send by snail mail with a picture of a bald child.

yumpancakes1
03-31-2013, 07:39 AM
I've talked about giving the idea to Rob for the past year. Might as well give it a shot

Roccityroller
03-31-2013, 08:01 AM
Should apply to the Rob Dyrdek Foundation. Write it with crayons and send by snail mail with a picture of a bald child.

Demz?!

emericaridr11
03-31-2013, 08:02 AM
I've talked about giving the idea to Rob for the past year. Might as well give it a shot

about a year and a half ago i tried for a week to get a hold of this guy..... good fucking luck, busy busy busy dude

yumpancakes1
03-31-2013, 08:25 AM
Project Save Skate 3?

Hobbs
03-31-2013, 08:35 AM
Lets do this thing!

InsideManager
03-31-2013, 08:38 AM
Though this may be difficult or a long shot, it's better than doing nothing and/or just posting angrily on the skate 3 blog that they never update or read anyways. I highly doubt any complaining we do will make EA forget that they love money and don't want to spend it on us, and they also don't care if 5 people say they won't buy anymore EA games either. Rob might legitimately care to some degree, maybe, likely not but it is better than doing nothing.

So let's get a ball rolling or something, somebody should throw together a couple examples of community videos or graphics/photos or anything, maybe a membership count from LB and fluckit, some solid things that could be included in an e-mail to the company. Chances are Rob won't even see the e-mail a secretary or somebody would but if we send a message with no content simply asking for help, it'll likely fall on deaf ears.

Ayreon
03-31-2013, 08:57 AM
Community Collabs? Take ur pick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUZLUr6U2Gs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnkUzHKJuVM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycWvPGB-8xg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59mIrsWY8to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F-w9pFWPUw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeUhnBBABkE

Goon_Panda
03-31-2013, 01:04 PM
I'm yet to try any of this stuff, but basically what we wanna show is...

- 2 Full lengths
- 2 Community vids
- 2 Solos (Favoritism will come into play here)
- Pics of a Fantasy Factory CAP
- Graphics. Preferably Alien Workshop remakes and hopefully Dyrdek pro models (Inside...).

- If you have any more ideas, please put them in a reply here.

There are 3 other guys I thought of...

Danny Way - Creative Director or some shit, came up with ideas for most of the spots etc.

Jason Lee - "GET GET GET IT"

This one is definitely a long shot but...

Andrew Reynolds - He was so hyped about the remake of his part from Baker 3. He wanted to meet with the guy who did it.

Hey Demz, you still got Cuz' number?

P.S. I'm gonna leave this phone thing to someone else. Rob will probably think I'm just some gamer kid who wants his multiplayer back. I'll try the email though. I'll put up an example of what I'm going to send in a reply here and if you think I should add to it then tell me.

Hobbs
03-31-2013, 01:15 PM
this sounds like it is going somewhere! smart fucking idea!

yumpancakes1
03-31-2013, 01:25 PM
MY REMAKE OF JAWS IN A HAPPY MEDIUM 2? or Arizona Road Trip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWNSjmyXTtc

Goon_Panda
03-31-2013, 01:54 PM
Jaws had no involvement in the series but still, that looks rather enticing.

SK8ERatWAR
03-31-2013, 02:12 PM
how naive can you be? "maybe he'll pay for the servers."

I think he couldn't give less of a crap about the series.

Hobbs
03-31-2013, 02:20 PM
well we got to give it a shot dude!

Goon_Panda
03-31-2013, 02:22 PM
Here's what the email might look like

Hi.

I am a part of a community which is based around EA's Skate. videogame series. On April 29, 2013, the Skate. series' online features will no longer be operating.

Our community creates videos, skate parks, and graphics with this game. As of the 29th, we will no longer be able to do this. Electronic Arts seems to think that the number of people using the servers for Skate 2 and Skate 3 is dwindling, but as it turns out, this is due to the lack of effort they have put into maintaining and operating the servers.

Here are some examples of the content we create from these games.

Here are links to two popular websites that we share our content on.

www.skatefluckit.com
www.likebuttermag.com

SkateFluckit is a forum for those who have left the official EA Forums due to the attitude of other members who use them.
LikeButterMag is a digital magazine showcasing what we do with EA's Skate videogames.

We all know that this game is close to Rob Dyrdek's heart, as he was involved in all three installments in the Skate series, 1 of which has already gone offline. The Fantasy Factory was featured in Skate 2, and has been made numerous times in Skate 3's Create A Park feature.

So what we are asking (begging) is for some help with keeping the servers up and running for as long as possible. This can either be done by negotiation with Electronic Arts or by purchasing control over the servers.

Thank you for your time.

momadaddy
03-31-2013, 02:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTHAUam0muU

Hobbs
03-31-2013, 02:32 PM
Holy shit moma that was one of the most awesome vids i ever saw! Also panda that seems perfect to me!

XImortalDEATHX
03-31-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm definitely down to keep it up and send one of my videos. I can only imagine this through their eyes, though. "They care this much about a game?" Unfortunately most of them don't realize the hours plenty of us have dedicated to this game. I've spent over 400 hours on this game, and the last 100 have been towards something. Hopefully one of them see's our side.

Goon_Panda
03-31-2013, 02:55 PM
I'll definitely need to mention the hours and dedication we all put into this game.

InsideManager
03-31-2013, 03:22 PM
longshots are better than no shots.

Goon_Panda
03-31-2013, 03:25 PM
longshots are better than no shots.

http://www.funnydash.com/images/fb_like_icon.png

momadaddy
03-31-2013, 03:33 PM
this is a 6 month activity chart for xbl

http://i45.tinypic.com/30blqqd.jpg

anyone who is a xbl rewards member and gold can look at a chart like this

Hobbs
03-31-2013, 03:46 PM
holy shit moma thstd cracra

momadaddy
03-31-2013, 03:55 PM
it averages out to be about 2 hours a night. i had to work it out after seeing that lol. just info that almost everyone can get that might be handy. probably not though

Goon_Panda
03-31-2013, 04:01 PM
And the community on average isn,t really close to that. There's no yellow bar...

exoskate89
03-31-2013, 04:33 PM
If we end up showing one or ayreons community vids i say the cap tour fl since it has many skaters from both consoles and many parks

I think this could lead to something its better than nothing

NotedDerk
03-31-2013, 04:45 PM
Shit, you beat me momadaddy, I got this much, haha.

http://i50.tinypic.com/250l9c0.jpg

momadaddy
03-31-2013, 05:06 PM
trying to film for the fl

andreas
03-31-2013, 05:13 PM
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/5274/imagepjv.jpg

Hobbs
04-01-2013, 12:42 PM
where is yellow?

Goon_Panda
04-01-2013, 12:53 PM
where is yellow?

Exactly.

Hitmanx123
04-01-2013, 01:26 PM
ive spent at least a half a year on skate 3 alone. its the game i played when im bored. i honestly cant think of ANY other game id playfor 4 hours stright not doiung anyting but playing and not get bored. only time i usually stray away from skate is when people invite me to other less interesting games( battlefield not included).

Legba
04-01-2013, 02:32 PM
I cant knock this idea, better than nothing.
While you're at it, might as well ask Lil Wayne. [From a marketing standpoint]: His latest persona is down for all things skateboarding; doing something like this would be great for all involved.

And to the DIKs: I got my box back, I'm filming for sure!

Hobbs
04-01-2013, 02:46 PM
While you're at it, might as well ask Lil Wayne. [From a marketing standpoint]: His latest persona is down for all things skateboarding; doing something like this would be great for all involved.

I was going to suggest lil wayne too, he gave my friend free beats from just asking, and then he gave his other friend the beats too! But anyway he is down for skating right now and it seems fit!

Yarivpa
04-02-2013, 12:42 PM
So what´s the news? Someone is trying to do something with Rob Dyrdek?

Hitmanx123
04-02-2013, 12:49 PM
So what´s the news? Someone is trying to do something with Rob Dyrdek?

i just called him, he said "youre the man now dog" :/

Hobbs
04-02-2013, 03:28 PM

really? What does that mean?

Legba
04-02-2013, 03:58 PM
really? What does that mean?
Observe:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_cBPc6VSaI

Hobbs
04-02-2013, 04:51 PM
But it doesnt make sense!

sk8tatter
04-02-2013, 05:07 PM
too busy with actin like a dongbag on his show Ridiculousness tosh.0 rip off

Goat
04-02-2013, 11:49 PM
But it doesnt make sense!
That's your catchphrase, haha

Antwan
04-03-2013, 04:08 AM
Maybe this is right though.. maybe we need to take action as a community on our own. Get the old blackbox crew back together, kickstart enough money to get them setup in their own place, no deadline for sequels, we gotta try? Official Skate Rebirth kickstarter project?

Ohmidineffect
04-03-2013, 05:12 AM
Maybe this is right though.. maybe we need to take action as a community on our own. Get the old blackbox crew back together, kickstart enough money to get them setup in their own place, no deadline for sequels, we gotta try? Official Skate Rebirth kickstarter project?

If this is the plan then do it. We have enough people that have had contact with black box, I don't understand why people don't try reaching out to them with a tangible plan... I always read about how kickstarter funded something that no one expected to do we can be one of those stories. Do a video that explains the situation and really promote. or even get black box (who probably knows more about promoting this type of thing/knows more people that will give REAL money) to put together a video for it.

Antwan
04-03-2013, 05:27 AM
I mean.. it might take some work from everyone involved. An office. Development equipment. Flick it/skate rights. Go big or go home. Any updates for the game would come from its sales? We need to find out just how much of a cost/possibility it is first. If it did work, this teams goal was realistic skateboarding games right? Funded entirely by supporters, who would say no?

yumpancakes1
04-03-2013, 05:41 AM
@Antwan DOOOOOOOO IT AAAH WOULD BE AWESOME!!!

Antwan
04-03-2013, 05:55 AM
Well Im not really in the place to organize things right now.. I was thinking one of the top community guys could do it but we dont want to rush it. Figure out what we need first. Ill contribute ideas when I get them and money when possible.

Mark Murderous
04-03-2013, 08:58 AM

woo hoo

Dead_Head
04-03-2013, 10:45 AM
Rob Dyrdek won't invest in anything that won't make a profit. EA stopped making skate because it declined in sales from OG to 2 to 3 (which is mostly due to the decine in quality because of the restricted turn around time.)
As much as I want another skate game, I doubt it will happen unless it goes the way of Shredsauce/BMX The Game and its developed by an indie dev with a kickstarter for funding.
A true skateboarding SIM is a pretty niche type of game so I doubt a major developer & publisher would be keen to take it on, where as games like THPS are more arcade and appeal to a broader audience because of how much easier it is to do crazy tricks, hence why most skateboarding games go this route.
My hope is we can get a community funded, for PC skate sim (having a game on pc makes everything easier, i.e. doing stuff like level editing and custom textures, also MODs.) whereas developing for consols is much more restrictive, time consuming and expensive.

Ayreon
04-03-2013, 10:52 AM
ya a skate sim would be fucking amazing on pc

Hobbs
04-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Buut i am not familiar with pc that much...

Yarivpa
04-03-2013, 01:05 PM
One of the only good thibg with microsoft is that you can plug your Xbox controller on a PC, it would just be perfect for skate!

Dead_Head
04-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Buut i am not familiar with pc that much...

Wired Xbox controllers can be used on pc my dude.

Ayreon
04-03-2013, 03:32 PM
yah there are also plenty of xbox or ps3 controller clones out there for pc

Noodlezer
04-04-2013, 12:48 AM
Rob Dyrdek won't invest in anything that won't make a profit.

We'll never know until we try... Dyrdek is an oldschool guy, maybe that he still has this oldschool skateboarding brotherhood spirit. I'm more affraid by the fact that its just a video game so we may look a bit kiddish with this request

Noodlezer
04-04-2013, 12:51 AM
Maybe we also should think about other persons or brands to ask. Im thinking about Thrasher for example. They may have some money to spend into this and we can do them free ads with videos.

Dead_Head
04-04-2013, 05:58 PM
We'll never know until we try... Dyrdek is an oldschool guy, maybe that he still has this oldschool skateboarding brotherhood spirit. I'm more affraid by the fact that its just a video game so we may look a bit kiddish with this request

Rob Dyrdek is more of an investor though, I don't see him just dumping money into an idea like a new skateboarding game. The only way I'd see him throwing down any money is if the game was already in production with a full development team and so on.

XImortalDEATHX
04-04-2013, 08:10 PM
Rob Dyrdek is more of an investor though, I don't see him just dumping money into an idea like a new skateboarding game. The only way I'd see him throwing down any money is if the game was already in production with a full development team and so on.

So just collaborating ideas here, 1. Contact Cuz(???) 2.Try to get BlackBox back together(??????) 3. Start kickstarter(?????????) 4. Production(????????????) 5. Rob Dydrek donates(???????????????)

Now the chances of any of these happening is next to none, some more than others, but hell it's some sort of guideline.

andreas
04-04-2013, 08:47 PM
So just collaborating ideas here, 1. Contact Cuz(???) 2.Try to get BlackBox back together(??????) 3. Start kickstarter(?????????) 4. Production(????????????) 5. Rob Dydrek donates(???????????????)

Now the chances of any of these happening is next to none, some more than others, but hell it's some sort of guideline.

years old idea

Ayreon
04-04-2013, 11:14 PM
If only Kazunori Yamauchi was into skateboarding, and not cars.

We'd have a pretty good fucking sim then. lul

If it were like that, Bladderboy probably wouldnt have his new site. more lul

Hobbs
04-05-2013, 04:11 AM
is he the gran turismo guy? i would loveit if he made a skate boarding game

Ayreon
04-05-2013, 09:01 AM
yah,

if that happened skate would have a million decks to choose from lol