PDA

View Full Version : BMX Kickstarter is a go!

replicant
04-02-2013, 09:23 AM
Thought some of you might be interested.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1136861174/bmx-the-game

EDIT: 5000 New Pre-Order slots just opened up. www.bmxthegame.com/pre-order/

SolidMojo
04-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Oh nice, thought they were already there after seeing some BMX stuff here.

Hope they make it.

NotedDerk
04-02-2013, 12:09 PM
I love how they planned each milestone based on how much they'll get from this kickstarter. I also see replay editor in the 'core' 55k section, hurray!

PoppySquidJr
04-02-2013, 12:13 PM
I love how they planned each milestone based on how much they'll get from this kickstarter. I also see replay editor in the 'core' 55k section, hurray!

I expect them to get much higher than 55k. I've seen much smaller projects almost reach half a million through the power of kickstarter, it really is an incredible thing.

Hobbs
04-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Sooo awesome this looks legit!

EmmitBrown
04-02-2013, 12:45 PM
will the game have subtitles or do we have to listen to that awful accent

Boris Magee
04-03-2013, 12:55 AM
alright, I backed.
i am 100% not experienced with kickstarter, but looking at the total required and the days left things arent looking too good.
or are they? do projects usually speed up as time goes on?

momadaddy
04-03-2013, 01:02 AM
alright, I backed.
i am 100% not experienced with kickstarter, but looking at the total required and the days left things arent looking too good.

i think the kickstater has only been up a couple of days. it has almost doubled since i checked it like 12 hours ago

PoppySquidJr
04-03-2013, 01:16 AM
alright, I backed.

Oh definitely. The closer it is to deadline, the faster money comes in, usually.

schnavolda
04-03-2013, 03:00 AM
i'll support them and i'm spreading the word wherever i can.

Hobbs
04-03-2013, 03:38 AM
Yea me too! How does this work is it like money from a credit card? Cause im probably gonna have to ask my parents!

Antwan
04-03-2013, 03:44 AM
Yeah. I started tellin people. Ill likely chip something in before December. Really want it on console though.

Hobbs
04-03-2013, 03:49 AM
I just shared it on my faebook!

yumpancakes1
04-03-2013, 05:25 AM
I'll make a little commentary about it.
I backed it for 20$

Ruben_Williams
04-03-2013, 06:09 AM
probably alot to ask but was hopin they get official frames in (despite most bike parts being the same with different logos lol)

andreas
04-03-2013, 10:27 PM
I guess I'll pledge 100

replicant
04-04-2013, 02:57 AM
They are up to 11% so far in a couple days which isn't bad since they are getting very little press.
I can definitely see this Kickstarter having some potential to reach 100% since they have 3 weeks to go still.
I sent a little message to Chris Cole in hopes he might give these guys a little publicity.

Ayreon
04-04-2013, 08:59 AM
someome should let cuz know. I think a few people have him on xbox. cuz could reach out to peeps?

BladderBoy
04-04-2013, 11:49 AM
I'm very glad the devs chose to ignore storyline. Just make a great engine. Put the money where it counts.

Boris Magee
04-05-2013, 12:30 AM
I'm very glad the devs chose to ignore storyline. Just make a great engine. Put the money where it counts.

a thousand times yes. often people request for 'a really cool story where you work your way up from being an am and then going pro and then owning your company...etc'. that absolutely does nothing if the engine is terrible. baby steps. get a good engine first before getting too ambitious.

NotedDerk
04-05-2013, 12:50 AM
Now that Albert and his group of brain dead followers know about this, they've already decided they are going to ruin this game as well. Since the guys behind the game are still this early in development, I feel they will be massively suggesting the most stupid shit to put in the game and they'll actually be implemented.

momadaddy
04-05-2013, 12:54 AM
Now that Albert and his group of brain dead followers know about this, they've already decided they are going to ruin this game as well. Since the guys behind the game are still this early in development, I feel they will be massively suggesting the most stupid shit to put in the game and they'll actually be implemented.

what makes you think they know?

NotedDerk
04-05-2013, 12:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aQCOpxYs2I

Makes me rage, acts like he is part of this game being created saying 'we.'

momadaddy
04-05-2013, 01:39 AM
ugh........ well hopefully the retards will lead to more donations. anything spreading the word is good.

youtube comments on that video:

DINOxSWAGG 4 hours ago
Sorry but no you killed skate 3 skate 4 now bmx....all you going to do is trickline for months to be better then everyone when it comes out #unsubscribed

Psychokirby92 2 hours ago
What do you mean when you say we THEY are making the game YOU aren't.

DJxASC 6 hours ago
Another game ruined by Albert... 

itsrandy81 7 hours ago
and when the fuck did you start partenering with barspin studios?

schnavolda
04-05-2013, 02:08 AM
i get the feeling that the dudes making the game know exactly what they want the feel of it to be like and i think tricklining is not exactly something they care about or want to promote. let albert spread his shit as much as wants to, this will leed to more people making donations and as long as albert doesn't start to invest in the multi thousand backing packages we're all good. :)

Antwan
04-05-2013, 08:55 AM
Stop following albert already.. He supports highscores but they were happening before skate. High score runs are unavoidable. Especially with online own the spot modes that and this Assuming they even get enough money kickstarted to add them.

Ayreon
04-05-2013, 09:12 AM
I knew the albert fuck was a high score twat. I mean, play the game however you want. I dont give a shit.

But throwing your logo over the promo video just to make you seem more legit. haha wow that is pretty lame

momadaddy
04-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Stop following albert already.. He supports highscores but they were happening before skate. High score runs are unavoidable. Especially with online own the spot modes that and this Assuming they even get enough money kickstarted to add them.

he is making claims that he is involved with the developers making the game. i don't follow him but when i see shit like that it just makes me mad. i can't help it

Ayreon
04-05-2013, 09:16 AM
I reported the video under scam. linked to the original. Maybe youtube will take it down lol

m.seven
04-05-2013, 09:18 AM
albert's just looking for the next game to scam kids with since skate is heading for the crapper.
if it isn't this BMX game it'll be something else.

Antwan
04-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Theres more to the anger I feel.. loss of OG, S3 reel, not looking good but pinning all arcade style on one guy and his team? come on. He promoted something on his channel and threw a logo on it. Whats the fuss really about? Never stopped us from doing our thing before. Stop reading into it. Statements about what you all seem to think overall, not just this threads posts. I havent read one positive thing when you all mention him so keep him off of this forum?

Ayreon
04-05-2013, 10:22 AM
come on. He promoted something on his channel and threw a logo on it. Whats the fuss really about?
The claims that he is working with barspin. like he was contacted and hand picked to represent the game. It's lies. And thats annoying. Thats what the fuss is about

m.seven
04-05-2013, 10:25 AM
^ that,there doesn't always have to be some voice of reason as to why albert and his bunch are d-bags..they just are.
his skate content is shit and nobody wants that spreading to yet another game

blitzkow
04-05-2013, 10:28 AM
ugh........ well hopefully the retards will lead to more donations. anything spreading the word is good.

youtube comments on that video:

Psychokirby92 2 hours ago
What do you mean when you say we THEY are making the game YOU aren't.

Thats me :)

InsideManager
04-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Am I the only person on here who doesn't like BMX?

blitzkow
04-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Maybe

Ayreon
04-05-2013, 11:03 AM

If the game is good, you'd like playing it. BMX or not.

Myself, I dont even skate in real life. I just love the game. And I love editing.

Bin hoping for something new to come along. I probably would like another skateing game over bmx. But I only say that cause i got so much love for skate. ill probably shred this hard when it comes out.

Im registering on their official forums. Hopefully it doesnt turn into another kids table lol

doggdx666
04-05-2013, 11:04 AM
i dont like bmx but if a game comes out why not give it a chance but in all my honesty i don't ride bmx and never will

InsideManager
04-05-2013, 11:06 AM
I don't know, I mean don't get me wrong I spent hours playing Dave Mirra 2 at woodward and loving it, but watching BMX does nothing for me, a lot of bar spins and backflips, just isn't as pleasurable to watch as skateboarding to me. I might give this a shot but unlikely lol, most of the appeal of those old BMX/THPS games was the feel of being in a free environment able to do anything, and now that Skate has given me that, I don't think it would be as fun on blades/bikes or anything else anymore.

m.seven
04-05-2013, 11:29 AM
I never got into the dave mirra games,bmx is cool just isn't anything that interests me enough to play a game of it.

bengrover
04-05-2013, 12:16 PM
Always watched BMX at X Games and Dew etc. so always been into it. Really looking forward to this.

Hope they reach the full 400k goal eventually.

Albert is a cunt. We all know that. As much as I hate to say it though, the couple thousand views he might get could add to the kickstarter a lot. So being that Barspin are into Skate, they might even reach out to him to promote it a bit. Sure all the 12 year old viewers have money.

Give me some stickers all ready.

Antwan
04-05-2013, 01:46 PM
So he lies on video, thats relevant? How is he ruining games? Im just tired of reading it man.

Ayreon
04-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Saw another vid that was a heavily moded gta 4. The entire world map was different. I think they imported it from just cause. it kinda looked like shit. Video said gta 5 gameplay preview. and there were so many stupid people sayin "ohh emm gee, i expected more, not buying"

bullshit like this could effect peoples interest cause people are stupid. More specifically, people on youtube are fucking retarded. And there are others to take advantage of that.

that and this vid had a shit ton of view. If people monitise their vids they can make money off of bullshit. And theres so much of it.

Hell, fox news does it on in the mainstream level.

PoppySquidJr
04-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Saw another vid that was a heavily moded gta 4. The entire world map was different. I think they imported it from just cause. it kinda looked like shit. Video said gta 5 gameplay preview. and there were so many stupid people sayin "ohh emm gee, i expected more, not buying"

bullshit like this could effect peoples interest cause people are stupid. More specifically, people on youtube are fucking retarded. And there are others to take advantage of that.

that and this vid had a shit ton of view. If people monitise their vids they can make money off of bullshit. And theres so much of it.

Hell, fox news does it on in the mainstream level.

Don't forget, people like Albert are the reason Skate 3 had so much focus on Hall of Meat and bullshit megapark stuff instead of a subdued, realistic city. People like him DO ruin games.

Ayreon
04-05-2013, 02:31 PM
It's why in a lot of ways, skate 2 was better than skate 3

world map for sure

Jebotek
04-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Don't forget, people like Albert are the reason Skate 3 had so much focus on Hall of Meat and bullshit megapark stuff instead of a subdued, realistic city. People like him DO ruin games.

If a little cunt like him ruins the game for you, that's your thing man, I personally still blame these Morons at EA.

PoppySquidJr
04-05-2013, 03:10 PM
If a little cunt like him ruins the game for you, that's your thing man, I personally still blame these Morons at EA.

He doesn't ruin the game for me, he's the REASON EA ruined the game for so many. EA listens to people like him because he has a fanbase of other people that listen to him.

SolidMojo
04-05-2013, 03:28 PM
And suddenly the thread took a turn for the worse..

I think Insidemanager pretty much summed it up for me aswell.

Although I enjoyed BMX XXX on ps2 back in the THPS days :)

Ayreon
04-05-2013, 04:14 PM
yah lets get this shit back on topic lol

http://bmxthegame.uservoice.com/forums/195033-general/suggestions/3819301-uploading-clips-directly-to-youtube-or-directly-to

just made this. vote for that shit.

The ideas section for the BMX game.
To get the footage uploaded to youtube or your hardrive

Antwan
04-05-2013, 04:45 PM
I was under the impression that blackbox started losing people and thats why the games direction shifted. I suppose it could have been speculation but several people have said it, I rolled with that for years.

andreas
04-05-2013, 05:41 PM
So he lies on video, thats relevant? How is he ruining games? Im just tired of reading it man.

shut the frig up antwan. the pull these dumb tricklining pieces of shit have with 10-15 year olds is huge. they all have their mommy's credit cards ready to blow money on something that's "cool." Also, I haven't seen some of those pictures before so I'm pretty sure there is no secret witchcraft and barspin studios actually reached out to them. I quite frankly don't give a FUCK who is buying this game. I just want it to come out.

Antwan
04-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Haha come on man I want to play it too. I just dont want to hear about albert ruining something everytime he does a new video. I dont believe for a second that hes to blame for anything other than dumb vids and ranting fluckers.

Hobbs
04-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Yea its got nothing to do with albert, it is ea's fault

Goon_Panda
04-05-2013, 08:43 PM
Also, I haven't seen some of those pictures before so I'm pretty sure there is no secret witchcraft and barspin studios actually reached out to them.

All of those images can be found on BMX's Facebook, the website, or the Kickstarter.

Boxerman08
04-05-2013, 08:43 PM
Looking good so far from what I've seen in that preview. I love almost every sport, so even if I'm not crazy into BMXing, I'd still buy this game, hands down. I've always been around a few bikers at the park, and that got me pretty stoked on BMX. That and I've played a lot of the Dave Mirra and Matt Hoffman games back in the days.

Ayreon
04-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Yea its got nothing to do with albert, it is ea's fault

good lord you're reading mine and Luft's posts wrong.

You think we believe a single person shifted the focus of an entire game single handedly?

We said people LIKE albert ruined the game.

LIKE HIM

like, in for fair regards as the mass gaming population

as in, similar expectations of what a skateboarding game should be

as in, arcade gameplay.

Jebotek
04-06-2013, 12:03 AM
good lord you're reading mine and Luft's posts wrong.

You think we believe a single person shifted the focus of an entire game single handedly?

We said people LIKE albert ruined the game.

LIKE HIM

like, in for fair regards as the mass gaming population

as in, similar expectations of what a skateboarding game should be

as in, arcade gameplay.

So what you were expecting? That a Major Company like EA does a super realistic Skate Game just for Skaters? There will always be someone who plays the Game in a different way and in the End the Decision is on the Developers.

But to me it doesn't seem like these Barspin Guys listen too much on Kids like Albert

Antwan
04-06-2013, 01:19 AM
Done. The photos in that plaza area on that ledge, nightime with lights? Got me stoked.

PoppySquidJr
04-06-2013, 08:07 AM
So what you were expecting? That a Major Company like EA does a super realistic Skate Game just for Skaters? There will always be someone who plays the Game in a different way and in the End the Decision is on the Developers.

But to me it doesn't seem like these Barspin Guys listen too much on Kids like Albert

The issue isn't in the words. It's in the fact that money talks, and Albert's proven that if he can do anything right, it's tricking 11 year old kids into spending their parents money on something completely retarded. We aren't expecting things to go south because of him, we're being cautious that if he can somehow rake up enough dough, he could potentially be pretty damned influential in the creation process.

Boris Magee
04-08-2013, 02:33 AM
back on track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LuwGdnkuuKs#at=32

momadaddy
04-08-2013, 02:41 AM
i just saw this was uploaded and i was about to post it here. i guess i was too slow. I really like these barspin guys a lot. they know whats up

Boxerman08
04-08-2013, 04:08 AM
After watching that second update, I was even more stoked about what could be done with this game. Pledged!

replicant
04-08-2013, 04:16 AM
Yeah, the editor had some nice customization in it to show off the sandbox nature of design.

NotedDerk
04-08-2013, 04:26 AM
The way the funding is going so far through, I think they'll only make it to the 'core' milestone, which isn't bad by any means, but it seems like they wanted to add so much more to the entire game that they won't get to do, unless they want to put up even more of their own money and resources.

It's possible they won't even make the 55k and then there is no game period, which would be sad as fuck.
There has to be one rich bastard gamer out there that wants this game made!

schnavolda
04-08-2013, 04:53 AM
i'm not so convinced by the argument that companies would only support the game if it reached the first milestone. if five big companies would each back the game with 5k dollars (which would be peanuts for a company like we the people, felt, specialized or haro, let alone big shots like monster energy) the game would definitely come to life. that's very well invested pr money in my eyes.

Boxerman08
04-08-2013, 05:30 AM
I hope the game does get what it deserves, and apparently, even though things aren't looking so "great" in terms of earnings for their milestones, there's still 18 days to go, which means still a lot more opportunities for them to earn at the very least the first milestone. Not sure how it goes for these kinds of things, but apparently in the last few days for that kickstarter thing, projects like this one get more attention, therefore, more potential money. If only Monster or Redbull or any major company would fund this game, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to even reach their highest milestone of £400k...

Edit: There actually is one person who pledged £5000 or more according to the site. There still is a chance for this game no doubt.

replicant
04-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Yeah, the big thing right now is trying to get it noticed by more people.
If it got a mention by a few Pros, ESPN, Mt. Dew, etc you'd see the money pouring in.

Antwan
04-10-2013, 01:43 AM
I realize theres motivation behind starting a bmx sim type game but getting it off the ground... Why did they make the time to fundraise so short? :confused:

DJMackRacer315
04-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Man i am so excited for this game. I fully support barspin, not just because they are making this game but because they stepped up to make a bmx game and they are getting the community involved, asking us what we would like to see in the game, and also we cant forget they are an indie team and they barely have support.

Boxerman08
04-10-2013, 06:52 PM
I realize theres motivation behind starting a bmx sim type game but getting it off the ground... Why did they make the time to fundraise so short? :confused:

I think the thing with kickstarter is only for 30 days or something, I don't think they had the choice to extend it or not, or else I'm sure they would, no doubt...

replicant
04-10-2013, 10:29 PM
I think the thing with kickstarter is only for 30 days or something, I don't think they had the choice to extend it or not, or else I'm sure they would, no doubt...
They didn't even use a 30 day KS. I think they did a 25/26 day fund or something. It was a little odd.

Boxerman08
04-10-2013, 11:42 PM
They didn't even use a 30 day KS. I think they did a 25/26 day fund or something. It was a little odd.

Ah, no idea how KS works, I just thought projects like these are up for 30 days, guess not haha

Antwan
04-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Is there really only 30 days for projects? No wonder theres things that looked impossible if thats the case.. thats not much time to get a company off the ground. I would love to see this on console man. Thats too bad.

replicant
04-12-2013, 04:39 AM
Is there really only 30 days for projects? No wonder theres things that looked impossible if thats the case.. thats not much time to get a company off the ground. I would love to see this on console man. Thats too bad.
They still have an update coming soon with a new trailer and some talk of 6 possible brand sponsors.
If the brands are well known enough and put some word out via social sites the donations could rise quickly.
If Kickstarter makes them a Staff Pick it'd be huge as well. So much of it depends solely on how it's presented.

Boris Magee
04-12-2013, 05:17 PM
What I want to know is this:
isn't their asking price quite high?
i don't know much about kickstarter, but i'm pretty sure 55,000 pounds / ~85,000 is a lot to get the game off the ground.

replicant
04-13-2013, 04:54 AM
i don't know much about kickstarter, but i'm pretty sure 55,000 pounds / ~85,000 is a lot to get the game off the ground.
It's honestly not a lot of money when it comes to development costs and possible license fees.

andreas
04-13-2013, 05:42 AM
I pledged £50. hope this takes off soon.

PoppySquidJr
04-13-2013, 09:06 AM

No. Not at ALL. This is a VERY modest asking price for an indie dev with no prior access to game development sources. I've seen 2D RPG projects ask for half a million.

Dead_Head
04-13-2013, 12:42 PM
Ill definitely pledge once I get some cash. Wish they used indiegogo though, if you don't meet your base goal on Kickstarter your project doesn't get any of the money. I'm sure they will though

briden
04-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Really hoping this pans out. Saw a post on their facebook page saying that if each of their fans pledged $2 it would already be over their minimum; it's kind of sick that it might not happen given that reasoning.

Goon_Panda
04-13-2013, 02:18 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/292277_567837333249013_149983234_n.jpg

Antwan
04-13-2013, 06:52 PM
Just looks like theres alot to do for that time frame. Promoting and continuing to work on it. The button layout really makes me want that xbox version though. As good as its looking I think it deserves several platforms. I think xbox was the highest on their poll probably why were seeing that first. I pretty much told all I could about it not much but thats my contribution. One confiirmed investment atleast. I would want the full thing though. pros, online, freeride, man it sounds fun.

DJMackRacer315
04-13-2013, 10:27 PM
Just looks like theres alot to do for that time frame. Promoting and continuing to work on it. The button layout really makes me want that xbox version though. As good as its looking I think it deserves several platforms. I think xbox was the highest on their poll probably why were seeing that first. I pretty much told all I could about it not much but thats my contribution. One confiirmed investment atleast. I would want the full thing though. pros, online, freeride, man it sounds fun.

nah they did xbox first because something about its easier to make games on the xbox. thats what they did for gta 4.

Hobbs
04-14-2013, 05:40 AM
i like how the controls look personally i like how you will be able to balance the character, and make it more of a challenge to land tricks (hopefully)

replicant
04-14-2013, 07:36 AM
You can also just use an Xbox controller on the PC like I do.

Boris Magee
04-15-2013, 12:13 AM
not looking too good money wise at the moment , hopefully the last few days will be good

Hobbs
04-15-2013, 06:02 AM
shit what are we at now like 21,000? thats nowhere close to the 1st goal even, im not too sure if this will work now...

PoppySquidJr
04-15-2013, 09:23 AM
shit what are we at now like 21,000? thats nowhere close to the 1st goal even, im not too sure if this will work now...

The last few days usually have a massive surge, but we can only really hope. The way they worded it on their kickstarter page, even if they don't reach it they only still have to cancel if the large supporters stop supporting them as a result. So there's still a chance either way.

Hobbs
04-15-2013, 04:25 PM
you've seen stuff happen like this before luft?

replicant
04-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Final week surges can most definitely happen, but they have got to get some notice on a larger media outlet.

Hobbs
04-20-2013, 05:27 AM
Yea doesnt really seem too likely at the looks of it now!

andreas
04-20-2013, 05:43 AM
fuck the bmx community. faggots.

Hobbs
04-20-2013, 05:47 AM
fuck the bmx community. faggots.

dont you have a vid with bmxers....

andreas
04-20-2013, 05:51 AM
dont you have a vid with bmxers....

I ride bmx.

Hobbs
04-20-2013, 06:07 AM
oh haha

PoppySquidJr
04-20-2013, 08:43 AM
you've seen stuff happen like this before luft?

This one isn't looking too bright, but I've followed several kickstarters in my time. Mostly indie games such as this, the occasional movie or comic series.

Hobbs
04-20-2013, 12:23 PM
oh so you dont think this will work, damn tha t sucksmajor balls, really was looking foward to this

PoppySquidJr
04-20-2013, 04:24 PM
oh so you dont think this will work, damn tha t sucksmajor balls, really was looking foward to this

It isn't impossible but it's very unlikely at this point. It's funny. Most of the real BMX community instantly blew this off as either a scam or "not really going to happen." It's a self-fulfilling prophecy I suppose, they assume it won't happen and don't support it. Their #1 demographic abandoned them and as a result they're not getting enough money.

Boris Magee
04-20-2013, 05:32 PM
i think there has been a bit of a surge of about ~5,000 in the last day which is cool, but yeah not looking too good

Boris Magee
04-22-2013, 05:08 PM
They made a last ditch update, its kind of sad :(

'Just 3 days left. We have been working a lot these days. We have been making promotion and business contacts to push the project. Also we have produced a video about the development stage. Hope you enjoy, thanks for your support and stay tuned.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XvEYVEsKyTg

andreas
04-24-2013, 12:40 PM
saddened about this.

PoppySquidJr
04-24-2013, 12:55 PM
They made a last ditch update, its kind of sad :(

'Just 3 days left. We have been working a lot these days. We have been making promotion and business contacts to push the project. Also we have produced a video about the development stage. Hope you enjoy, thanks for your support and stay tuned.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XvEYVEsKyTg

Dammit why couldn't they have this sooner? This would've helped so much.

m.seven
04-24-2013, 01:32 PM
it's a damn shame that games like this and skate get ignored but anything with a shotgun and exploding barrels sells like hotcakes

Antwan
04-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Its not like every gamer out there is actively looking for games starting up. They need some kind of straight up selfmade donations system. We just need more time man. Paypal or something? Lets brainstorm before its dead in the water, this looks like a huge waste if it doesnt happen. Ton of potential! No days to limit donations, It would just be a matter of time if its an ongoing thing. To be fair you dont see many realistic sim games starting up from scratch so of course what was popular in the market (fps) is still selling well. Even if it had no sequels Id still love to play the first one.

OGBMX420
04-24-2013, 02:21 PM
it's a damn shame that games like this and skate get ignored but anything with a shotgun and exploding barrels sells like hotcakes

Sad , but true.

PoppySquidJr
04-24-2013, 02:44 PM
Its not like every gamer out there is actively looking for games starting up. They need some kind of straight up selfmade donations system. We just need more time man. Paypal or something? Lets brainstorm before its dead in the water, this looks like a huge waste if it doesnt happen. Ton of potential! No days to limit donations, It would just be a matter of time if its an ongoing thing. To be fair you dont see many realistic sim games starting up from scratch so of course what was popular in the market (fps) is still selling well. Even if it had no sequels Id still love to play the first one.

Paypal takes a hefty chunk out of the cash, but it does seem to be the best option they have left. I really hope they consider it

Antwan
04-24-2013, 05:17 PM
Ah ok, Didnt know that luft. Any other suggestions then? If its all we got ill send a facebook message and post it on their site. Ill wait a day. Im just thinking a donation thing on their site would work forget 30 days we are damn close to 50k but obviously need more time.

replicant
04-24-2013, 10:42 PM
They would honestly do better to wait 30 days from now. Have a stronger presentation
for people to see the physics and CAP content. Then have some representation from
larger gaming or bike related sites. They really came in under the radar with this one
and haven't communicated enough to the backers and interested.

Antwan
04-25-2013, 04:36 AM
Yeah, I get what youre saying Rep. This whole kickstarter thing makes me think they might give up on it though. Who cares how it gets there, Im gonna post anyway hopefully to get more ideas flowing.

Antwan
04-25-2013, 04:53 AM
I made it a suggestion go vote and comment guys. http://bmxthegame.uservoice.com/forums/195033-general/suggestions/3894583-dont-let-this-die-barspin-we-just-need-more-time-

m.seven
04-25-2013, 05:31 AM
in 32 hours they're back to square one for funding.
i'm sure if they started some other fund raising campaign a good number of those who donated to the kickstarter would do so again,but then some may look at the failure as a sign that it's not gonna happen and back out.
haven't seen much of anything about riders or bmx companies backing it...i'm sure that would help and lend some legitimacy to the game.

PoppySquidJr
04-25-2013, 07:29 AM
haven't seen much of anything about riders or bmx companies backing it...i'm sure that would help and lend some legitimacy to the game.

This is the problem... most of the actual community is so jaded that they assume this is a scam and not really going to happen.

NotedDerk
04-25-2013, 11:53 AM
Ew.

http://bmxthegame.uservoice.com/forums/195033-general/suggestions/3883302-scooters

blitzkow
04-25-2013, 12:09 PM
Ew.

http://bmxthegame.uservoice.com/forums/195033-general/suggestions/3883302-scooters
lol

BladderBoy
04-26-2013, 07:12 PM
https://www.facebook.com/bmxthegame/posts/574714009228012

NotedDerk
05-06-2013, 03:12 PM
When something like this link below succeeds with the kickstarter and this game fails, I die a little more inside.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/06/sexism-in-gaming-documentary-fully-funded?abthid=5188292ba59dfd0f39000023

m.seven
05-06-2013, 03:37 PM
I saw that article earlier today,derk
the exact same thought crossed my mind

Ayreon
05-06-2013, 04:39 PM
....what a load of

andreas
05-06-2013, 06:50 PM
When something like this link below succeeds with the kickstarter and this game fails, I die a little more inside.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/06/sexism-in-gaming-documentary-fully-funded?abthid=5188292ba59dfd0f39000023

dumb cunts. link them to this post to show me discriminating against a group who cries wolf about something they brought on.

Antwan
05-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Well to be fair you don't see barspin reaching out to people like IGN atleast not that I've heard.
Would probably help to reach some of those bigger sites?
I love that they did work on the game and showed us but I think they just approached kickstarter all wrong.
Hopefully they get someone to speak good english too..
Sending stuff to big sites that is typed all wrong just won't work. Will it?

Goon_Panda
04-08-2014, 12:24 AM
So this just happened

http://i.imgur.com/AtSt390.png

Boxerman08
04-08-2014, 12:27 AM
So much for keeping it a secret haha got the e-mail today. Was so stoked. Wonder if it'll still come out on console or only PC/Mac... Another "alpha" game in the mix lol seems like it's all there is on Steam lately... Either way, I'm stoked for this.

NotedDerk
04-08-2014, 12:50 AM
You able to share what the email said? I would have donated if I had any money when the kickstarter was active. :(

replicant
04-08-2014, 04:51 AM
Yeah, we were supposed to keep this a secret for the time being.

NotedDerk
04-08-2014, 06:45 AM
Thanks for sharing boxer, even though you weren't suppose to! Pretty fucking excited to see where they are heading now and waiting for albert to take the credit.

Boxerman08
04-08-2014, 11:08 AM
Yeah, we were supposed to keep this a secret for the time being.

Thanks for sharing boxer, even though you weren't suppose to! Pretty fucking excited to see where they are heading now and waiting for albert to take the credit.

Took it down. But yeah, I'm pretty excited as well. If it'll only come out on pc/mac, guess I'll have to buy an xbox controller for mac (if there's even such a thing haha)

replicant
04-09-2014, 05:26 AM
Took it down. But yeah, I'm pretty excited as well. If it'll only come out on pc/mac, guess I'll have to buy an xbox controller for mac (if there's even such a thing haha) Yeah, just buy a Wired Xbox 360 controller and you can use tattiebogle to get it to work on Mac. http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Xbox360Controller/OsxDriver

andreas
04-11-2014, 09:33 PM
trying so hard not to leak this

Goon_Panda
04-12-2014, 06:10 PM
trying so hard not to leak this

:'(

replicant
06-05-2014, 06:29 AM
BMX The Game
23 minutes ago
BMX The Game is under development! The next Tuesday 10th June at 7pm (UTC) the new BMXTheGame website will be alive with a lot of content about the game, including videos and early access available. Be tuned!
http://bmxthegame.com/

Thought some of you might want a heads up on that. :)

Also, I stumbled across this other one being worked on also.
http://www.bikeparkgame.com/

itsNJ
06-05-2014, 10:24 AM
Nice! I just really hope it comes out for consoles

Stokenstein
06-05-2014, 01:55 PM
I just sent them a nice message explaining Fluckit and linking them to it. Hopefully they'll stop by or something and utilize what we have going here. Thinking about making a BMX The Game section once the site goes up so we aren't stuck here in Off.Topic all unorganized in one thread.

emericaridr11
06-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Sick as fuck, thought this was dead

Stokenstein
06-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Looks like they might come give us a visit, so put on your bow ties and get your elbows off the table!

Muhzzy
06-05-2014, 04:19 PM
FUCK YES

Antwan
06-05-2014, 04:59 PM
Sick. Might have to switch to PC Games for the launch.

Goon_Panda
06-06-2014, 03:44 AM
*cream*

replicant
06-07-2014, 12:24 AM
Sounds like a plan.

bengrover
06-07-2014, 02:41 AM
Stoked they continued with this after the Kickstarter.

Boxerman08
06-09-2014, 04:44 PM
Just got a new e-mail from them today.

Barspin Studios, Ltd says:
Hi!

We're the guys behind BMX The Game. We want to thank your support to our project with a 20% discount in the game pre-order.

You can pre-order in our new website as of 10th June.

All the pre-orders get early access to the game. See more details on bmxthegame.com.

Your personal code is:
------------ (we all have personal codes apparently, idk if it's redeemable only once per code so I blanked mine out just in case lol)

Thanks for your support!

Muhzzy
06-09-2014, 07:45 PM
How can I sign up?

Boxerman08
06-09-2014, 10:41 PM
Not sure how you can sign up now unless you've donated to their kickstarter the first time they tried to get donations, but check their website tomorrow (June 10th, 7pm UTC (which is 3pm EST))

Goon_Panda
06-10-2014, 12:24 AM
so close oh sweet lordy

itsNJ
06-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Updated site went up an hour ago and nearly right away the server was overloaded lol.

Boxerman08
06-10-2014, 03:17 PM
Updated site went up an hour ago and nearly right away the server was overloaded lol.

Haha yeah. Was supposed to be up and running by 3pm, and at 3:03pm I checked and it was already down. Hope they'll get their shit working soon!

Stokenstein
06-10-2014, 04:27 PM
Anyone preordered?

I hope they can get this thing going on Xbox One / PS4!

Boxerman08
06-10-2014, 04:35 PM
Anyone preordered?

Isn't their website still down? It is for me.. I will pre-order when I can though.

Stokenstein
06-10-2014, 05:18 PM
Not for me at the moment. I get a Host Gator error page when I try to go to the "community" page, but the rest seems to work.

Boxerman08
06-10-2014, 05:44 PM
I was getting that too at first, but I just tried it again and I get this message:

Service Unavailable

Server currently undergoing maintenance. Webmaster: please contact support.

When it'll work for someone, let us know! ;)

itsNJ
06-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Boxer in that email did they say what consoles they want to release it on or only PC as of now

Goon_Panda
06-10-2014, 11:00 PM
It's working for me. Hopefully I can find the spare cash to grab a preorder.

Muhzzy
06-11-2014, 06:02 AM
How much is it?

Boxerman08
06-11-2014, 06:49 AM
Boxer in that email did they say what consoles they want to release it on or only PC as of now

I don't see it mentioned anywhere but I'm assuming they might make it for consoles eventually. That's what they wanted to do initially with their kickstarter anyways.

i am a snail
06-11-2014, 07:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmbLGZ5QML4

flickit on a bike

Muhzzy
06-11-2014, 10:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq71nS-4SbI

replicant
06-11-2014, 10:41 AM
They say for now it is PC/MAC Only.
However, if they get enough funds they will do it for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, & PS4.

andreas
06-12-2014, 09:57 AM
They need to work on the camera and locking into grinds smoother and it would look so much better.

replicant
06-12-2014, 01:52 PM
They need to work on the camera and locking into grinds smoother and it would look so much better.
Well, given it's an Alpha build I think they have time to address these issues and the others that are bound to pop up.

Muhzzy
06-12-2014, 02:47 PM
Site still doesn't work for me.

Boxerman08
06-12-2014, 03:46 PM
As said on their Facebook page:

The server is dead. Our server doesn't supports so many connections. Every time we restored the server, it automatically falls down. It's annoying and we apologize for any inconvenience.

The bright side of this: we have technical difficulties due to a BIG SUCCESS. Now we know how many people are really supporting this. Even with server issues we have reached more than 500'000 hits. We're also amazed by the amount of pre-orders, we have received about 250 in just few hours.

We're working on the solution. We're migrating to a better and biggest server. It will handle all unusual overloads. This migration takes time. We'll announce by Facebook and Twitter when it's ready.

Early supporters will receive an email soon

While we're working on the server, you can check this short clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq71nS-4SbI

andreas
06-12-2014, 04:12 PM
Well, given it's an Alpha build I think they have time to address these issues and the others that are bound to pop up.
I'm only saying that because it looks very close to being thoroughly enjoyable.

Stokenstein
06-14-2014, 10:41 PM
The website should be back up soon, like within 24 hours if all is going well.

They're going to have some forums on their website for the game, but I'll probably add some here too.

Keep an eye out. http://www.bmxthegame.com/

Who is preordering?

Boxerman08
06-14-2014, 10:47 PM
You got an inside source Stoke? ;) Sick deal! I'll definitely pre-order asap. Been wanting to get this game months ago when they first announced it on kickstarter. Let us know when the website will be up and running.

replicant
06-16-2014, 08:03 AM
Who is preordering?

I backed it originally and I expect to get my pre-order in when the site is operational again.
Still need to figure out which bracket I want to pre-order though this time around.

Boxerman08
06-16-2014, 06:04 PM
Website is up and running again (for now at least lol). Checked out all the brackets and that 55$ one seems pretty sick, having my name in-game haha with that backer discount, comes out to 44$ which still isn't that bad imo... Plus, that 55$ pack, you get mobile versions, exclusive shop, your name in the game, exclusive content, soundtrack. Thinking about getting it mainly for that exclusive shop and that exclusive bike park (only for backers)

Which bracket are you guys choosing?

Edit: Just pre-ordered it, succumbed under self-pressure (if that's even a thing).

Stokenstein
06-16-2014, 07:09 PM
They've asked me to moderate/administrate the forums a bit over there, so if you guys have any suggestions for that community on their site, let me know and I'll forward it all to them.

I'm already suggesting to remove the moderation approval for posts (as I see you're awaiting for moderation over there Boxerman). I've sent them a big list of things I learned with Fluckit over the years also.

So, PEOPLE, come on over there and get the community more active and spread the word. I'd really like to see this game become successful and even end up on console eventually. I'll be preordering tonight I believe!

Boxerman08
06-16-2014, 07:15 PM
That's sick man, they could definitely use some forum-experience from you/all the others who started Fluckit. Stoked you're helping them out!

My post was mainly about having an instant reply mode, similar to skate, but after going through their website I've noticed that they're already planning on implementing that aspect into the game... hope it's as good, if not better, than the skate's replay editor.

Which package are you getting Stoke?

Stokenstein
06-16-2014, 07:27 PM
I am probably going with the $55 one as well, I'd like to do the $90 one, but alas... I am poor at the moment.

I wrote them a nice big long e-mail with suggestions for the forums and included in that was a hint at a section like our Your.Footage section if they implemented that in the game. I think these guys are pretty up on what aspects of Skate. really made the game unique and I hope they can implement those and improve upon them, maybe catching the eye of a bigger company willing to publish the game on consoles or gathering enough support to DIY it on consoles.

That's why it's important that the people from our community support this game, if you feel it has the potential, and really help give back to them in the form of feedback. I've been itching for a Skate replacement, even if it's on a bike. We are a gold mine of feedback for these guys, most of us having played Skate religiously since 2007 and all.

Any of you guys playing on Mac? I've never hooked an Xbox 360 controller up to my iMac. Any tips? It has to have a chord right, no wireless.

Boxerman08
06-16-2014, 07:35 PM
Ha, makes sense. Their forum right now definitely needs improvement and I think adding a Your.Footage section would be a good idea. They have a "show off" thread though, which I guess that's their version of it.

I will be playing on mac as well, but I was never able to hook an xbox controller to it. I've tried using one of the wireless controllers with one of those "plug and play" wires but that doesn't work so I'm assuming it HAS to be with a wired controller.

Stokenstein
06-16-2014, 07:36 PM
I believe that's what I read as well, I plan on going out and buying one used from Gamestop.

I then think you may have to install some type of software to run it, I'm not sure. That might be one of my first contributions is putting together a tutorial for using a controller if they don't already have it covered.

PoppySquidJr
06-16-2014, 08:30 PM
the website just pulls up a hostgator page for me. Is it down again? I haven't even been able to actually see it yet.

Boxerman08
06-16-2014, 08:32 PM
the website just pulls up a hostgator page for me. Is it down again? I haven't even been able to actually see it yet.

That's weird man, has been working for me today...

replicant
06-17-2014, 09:38 AM
The page had issues again, but as of about an hour ago they were resolved.

Stokenstein
06-17-2014, 01:39 PM
Better hop on those preorders! 300 or so left of the initial 1,000. I'd say they'll release more since it's been so successful, but who knows, so get in while you can.

You get a sneak peek demo this month and some exclusive stuff depending on which package you buy into. I did the $55 one.

Edit: Website is indeed working now.

PoppySquidJr
06-17-2014, 03:34 PM
Just pre-ordered the only one I could afford at $20. Look for me in the community, username is PoppySquidJr there as it is everywhere but here!

replicant
06-17-2014, 07:15 PM
Since it's up and working I went ahead and got my Pre-Order in.
I went with the $55 package as well since $44 with my discount wasn't too shabby for all the goodies.

Granka
06-18-2014, 04:55 AM
I'll probably get the $20-package next week when I get money.

Muhzzy
06-18-2014, 09:14 AM
Getting the $55 package.

PoppySquidJr
06-18-2014, 10:08 AM
Getting the $55 package.

Pre-Orders are all sold out, bud. Hopefully they surge some more due to the success. I was able to get mine in, though at least

Granka
08-11-2014, 06:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12gfnQTl5ps

Jebotek
08-11-2014, 06:24 AM
Damn, that looks dope.
If there only were a Company like this doing another Skate game...

Demzilla
08-11-2014, 06:54 AM
if i owned this game id still be bald but id color match the bmx to my fixed...

matte blacckkkkk

still crossing fingers for console releases...

replicant
08-11-2014, 07:23 AM
I should link this as well since it's common knowledge now.

http://www.bmxthegame.com/blog/

Sometime this week 5,000 more Pre-Order slots will become available for those who were unable to get into the original 1,000 Pre-Order slots.

replicant
08-12-2014, 02:44 AM
A few minutes ago the 5000 Pre-Order slots opened up.
www.bmxthegame.com/pre-order/

NotedDerk
08-12-2014, 08:12 AM
At what tier do we get the bike editor option? "exclusive only for early supporters from our website."

So if any of us who haven't gotten the chance to pre-order yet can't have it?

Muhzzy
08-12-2014, 08:32 AM
Fuck yes!

replicant
08-13-2014, 08:27 AM
At what tier do we get the bike editor option? "exclusive only for early supporters from our website."

So if any of us who haven't gotten the chance to pre-order yet can't have it?

I'll see if I can get one of the team to give me a solid answer, but as far as I know it is available to even the BASIC RIDER Tier.
The bike editor is something to mess with until the Sneak Peek becomes available. However, it will be a part of the full game as
well and from talks it *MAY* be attached to the Mobile aspect as well so you can design your rider/bike and import it into your
game.

EDIT: Just had it confirmed that it will be available at all tiers for new pre-orders.

replicant
08-14-2014, 07:57 AM
There's a new update of the bike editor. 0.2e version is out now just for backers!
Change Log
version 0.2e
Keyboard + mouse ready to move cam
Adjusted camera sensitivity
Pictures are now saved on MyDocuments folder
No longer need to use Administration privileges
Reduced time showing disclaimer
Ability to hide the rider and the bike holder
Added 64bit versions
Fixed camera bug
Fixed color bug
Fixed quality selection bug
Improved graphics
Optimized graphic effects

replicant
08-29-2014, 06:30 AM
New blog Update today with some interesting highlights.

August 29, 2014
The feedback from the Bike Editor is working great and has helped us to improve the sneak peek
Sneak Peek has no official date yet but is delayed only a few days
We show the first gameplay-test on mobile phones
We have started to process the consoles licenses
Pre-order prices will be updated after Sneak Peek release

http://www.bmxthegame.com/blog/

Console Note: If they reach the 5000 Pre-Order goal then that secures the game to be released on PS3, PS4, Xbox One, & Xbox 360.
It is currently slated for PC and Mobile. Licenses are in the process currently for at least PS3 and Xbox 360.

briden
08-29-2014, 05:02 PM
Is there a pre-order option that gets you access to console? I don't care about PC tbh but would love to support.

momadaddy
08-29-2014, 07:23 PM
just pc/mac from the looks of it

replicant
08-30-2014, 08:07 AM
Is there a pre-order option that gets you access to console? I don't care about PC tbh but would love to support.
Right now the Tiers are PC or PC/Mobile oriented.
Console releases are for a later date and will have their own buy options once available.

By Pre-Ordering a current tier you help to increase the console install bases.
At a later date you would have to purchase the console version though.
From talks with the team they are looking at reducing the console price or in some cases making it free for those who backed during the Pre-Order phase.

replicant
11-04-2014, 02:41 AM
Just an update to let interested people know that the "Sneak Peek" for the game is going to become available November 10th to anyone who Pre-Orders.
It should also be noted that after the 10th the reduced Pre-Order prices will go away and they will transition to the higher priced tier amounts.
IE: The current $30 package will become $45 instead.
Special Note: For anyone who Pre-Orders the "Full-Time" package ($30) or above you will be getting the console releases when they become available.
Currently, it is for PC and Mobile, but Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, and PS4 are in the works as more funds come in.

Here is the new Sneak Peek Teaser video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9vKtnkW9QM

EmmitBrown
11-04-2014, 03:58 AM
Im interested for PS4. I don't have a gaming pc tho so i miss out on all the alpha/beta action. I would've donated money to Project CARS as well but there's never any love for consoles early on in games' developments :(

I understand where they're coming from, they don't want to promise a console version if they don't have the funding to make it, but i really can't donate if i don't know if I'll ever be able to play it.

replicant
11-04-2014, 09:19 AM
On that you'll just have to hang back and keep an eye on the project then.
To my knowledge they are going to try and seek outside funding for the console versions if they don't meet the pre-orders in a timely manner.
So, *IF* you happen to have a spare $30 this week you could drop it on the project and when the console edition does come out you'll have it on all 4 of the big game machines.
Otherwise, you'll just have to wait until next year and see how things turn out.

briden
11-04-2014, 07:04 PM
I'm not even being sarcastic when I say that I cannot wait to get in an online session and call all the tricks by the wrong name.

replicant
04-23-2015, 01:43 AM
Today we got Build 0.179 for BMX The Game and now we're on Steam Greenlight as well.
The new build has both good and bad aspects to it, but it is a much more playable version and shows good progress.

Main Website: http://www.bmxthegame.com/
Build 0.179 Patch Notes: http://www.bmxthegame.com/0-179-out-now/
Steam Greenlight Page: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=344662566 (Vote if you have interest!)

PoppySquidJr
04-23-2015, 01:14 PM
Today we got Build 0.179 for BMX The Game and now we're on Steam Greenlight as well.
The new build has both good and bad aspects to it, but it is a much more playable version and shows good progress.

Main Website: http://www.bmxthegame.com/
Build 0.179 Patch Notes: http://www.bmxthegame.com/0-179-out-now/
Steam Greenlight Page: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=344662566 (Vote if you have interest!)

Thanks for the update, Replicant. I backed out of the website a while back because the community started getting toxic, but I'm still interested in the game itself. Kinda worried to actually play the demo builds too much though, don't wanna suffer the Early Access curse and burn myself out on an incomplete game so bad that the full game isn't fun