PDA

View Full Version : I think they closed skate 3 early

xtremezoid
04-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Just checked the website and all of reel is empty and I can't see my profile. Is the same happening to you guys?

m.seven
04-05-2013, 01:12 PM
it's still happening to me,but it's fine for other guys.
happens all the time though,wouldn't sweat it too much.
for the guys that it is working...did all the comments get deleted from the blog or is it just the site f'n with me?

SolidMojo
04-05-2013, 01:18 PM
for the guys that it is working...did all the comments get deleted from the blog or is it just the site f'n with me?

Reel worked earlier but didnt check the blog, now that the reel isnt working, theres no comments on the blog either. Im assuming its connected to whatever is messing with the reel.

If it works again soon I'll check the comments and get back to you if you havent checked yourself.

scareforce18
04-05-2013, 02:48 PM
yeah its all down for me too. but i did just upload a clip soooo just give it a minute

m.seven
04-05-2013, 02:53 PM
shit hasn't worked for me all day..pretty fucked up they're taking the reel down in 24 days and can't even use it.
gotta love EA

emericaridr11
04-05-2013, 02:59 PM
shit hasn't worked for me all day..pretty fucked up they're taking the reel down in 24 days and can't even use it.
gotta love EA
i love how you guys jump straight to AHH THEY TOOK IT DOWN......

not saying thats not true i dont know shit , just funny

scareforce18
04-05-2013, 03:01 PM
screw this. i'm hoppin on DC Universe Online

exoskate89
04-05-2013, 03:08 PM
fuck i cant download clips...

The Mike
04-05-2013, 03:09 PM
SO IT BEGINS.....

Ayreon
04-05-2013, 03:10 PM
yah I just uploaded a fuckload too.
Lets hope it comes back in a bit for the last month

really think they'd fuck us over early? thats pretty low

SolidMojo
04-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Remember guys, their web development team and operational staff have poured their hearts into this game almost as much as the customers using them.

Im sure theyre all working their ass off to fix it.

:p

The Mike
04-05-2013, 03:24 PM
either that or everyone just panicked and uploaded thier clips at the same time and it crashed whooo knoooows

Ayreon
04-05-2013, 03:25 PM
probably a bit of both

I thank to fuck I didnt delete my saved clips.

Ill have to re-upload to youtube later. not doing it now tho, fuck

Yarivpa
04-05-2013, 03:26 PM
it was an april joke, it´s not off at april 25th but now

SolidMojo
04-05-2013, 03:30 PM
it was an april joke, it´s not off at april 25th but now

Good one :D

Guitar_Ryan
04-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Yeah man, everything's gone, from Graphics/Skate.reel vids, comments/ratings of the blogs, the stats/leaderboards. This is like the million-th time it's disappeared from the site. I hate to say it, but maybe this is the last time it goes down, and for good...

yumpancakes1
04-05-2013, 04:06 PM
This is like a zombie apocalypse, Only the strong fans will stay with capture cards :D

Razorlike Blue
04-05-2013, 04:39 PM
It's this kind of thing that really makes me want these people to taste their own fucking blood. I'm not saying violence or psychotic fucking hatred is the answer, but when you're a multi-billion dollar company, and you can't make even the simplest of tech work as it should, you outta be taken out back, and your brain beaten out your asshole with a Louisville Slugger.

This message brought to you by Hillerich & Bradsby Company.
Hillerich & Bradsby Company does not condone the use of our products to carry out acts of psychotic fucking hatreds.

OGBMX420
04-05-2013, 05:58 PM
its weird that s2 reel still works ..If you make a new account , i just uploaded and grabbed clips

momadaddy
04-05-2013, 06:46 PM
i can upload in game but nothing is on the s3 reel. ea tech support was useless this is what i got out of it

Phillip: Thank you Evan how can I help you today?

you: the skate.create section of the skate3 webpage has not been working all day and i would like some insight

Phillip: Just checking now, I cna see the servers look good for the game

Phillip: What web browser are you using?

you: chrome, firefox, and IE

you: i am not the only one having the issue

Phillip: Ok, if you think there might be a glitch or a bug what you will want to do is report this on our Answer hq website under the correct forum so the developers can review this and work to get the issue resolved

you: can i have a link there?

Phillip: Sure

Phillip: Here is the direct link

you: the site is scheduled to be closed on the 29th and it looks like they chose today to do the deed

you: thanks for the link

Phillip: I have not heard anything on my end here about it being closed early

you: all the comments on the blog were deleted as well http://skate.ea.com/blog.action

Phillip: Yes I see that now.

Phillip: It might have been shut down early, but they have not told me anything about it. Sorry I am in the dark here also

you: ok so my only course of action is to submit a request on the http://answers.ea.com/ site?

you: we have whole community of people trying to get the last of their creations off the site before it closed. it is a huge let down man

Phillip: Yes start a post there, our devs check it all the time. I cna not say for sure it has been taken down for good, because I do not know for sure. They might just be having some issues with the server

you: good bye

echoturbo
04-05-2013, 07:00 PM
so do we post there about the problem

momadaddy
04-05-2013, 07:04 PM
http://answers.ea.com/ and @AskEASupport on the twits

Mark Murderous
04-05-2013, 07:10 PM
info: You are now ready to chat with Phillip.
Phillip: Thank you for your patience, my name is Phil, can you give me your Name and account email address, and we can get started.
you: Markdaugherty75@yahoo.com Mark Murderous
you: you there philly
Phillip: Yes I am, what can I do for you Mark
you: buddy skate reel is down. you need to give me an eta on when it's gonna be back up. I have a team to run and a video to premier.
Phillip: I know, I just found out, i am chatting with 2 other players having the same problem
Phillip: I know it was scheduled to go dowm for good on the 29th but that is still a few weeks away
you: yes it is.
Phillip: I already have a service ticket up now and I have sent it to our server team so those guys know what is going on
Phillip: If I could flip a switch and get it up immediately I would
you: any chance, you can tell me, if they are just killing this series or what?
Phillip: A lot of guys were trying to save all of the stuff off of the site before it shut down when this happened
you: I bet this is all Evan's fault
Phillip: Evan? I was just chatting with an Evan
you: He said this was all your fault, but i told him you were a cool guy
Phillip: I do the best I can with the tools I have, I was blindsided by this one myself
you: So Skate 4? any hope?
Phillip: Keep signing petitions and sending them to EA. I myself would love to see it, but guys that make way more money than I do make the decisions around here.
you: Bastards
Phillip: Im sure they are nice guys, I have never met them myself though. With as strong as the Skate community is, and with how much it blows the Tony Hawk franchise away(just my opinion) it would be hard for me to see them just kill off the franchise
you: Look man, you need to become our inside man. I'm kinda rich myself. How about we work out a deal where you steal all of the skate code for me, and I pay you like 5 g's. This could benefit everyone. Together we can release the code on the internet, and let the community make the best game ever. come on phillip. think of your fans.
Phillip: Lol, I love my job too much, besides I am here in Austin far far away from the studio
you: Austin eh. Been to the Dirty Dog?
Phillip: Sure have, actually played there a few years back
you: oh so yr in a band? what band?
Phillip: Been in a few here in Austin, on hiatus now
you: ah I see. you skate in real life?
Phillip: Used too, too many broken body parts and too old now
you: phillip, do you play the game yourself?
Phillip: I played all three, I have 3 at home, but I have been rocking army of two and tiger 14 lately, havent had much time to play.
you: Listen Phillip, you got a 360?
you: I want a part from you for my video.
Phillip: I do have a 360
Phillip: Cant do that though my friend
Phillip: I cant give out my gamertag
you: Phillip you don't have to.
you: just get your clips, and send them to Evan. Create a new drop box account.
you: plus you already have Evans Email
you: You can be Phillip The Hero
you: phillip come on.
you: ok phillip can I get a transcript of this mailed to my home?
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to markdaugherty75@yahoo.com at the end of your chat session.
you: phillip I will always love you, even if you won't steal the code for me or be in my video. Have a goodnight good sir.

momadaddy
04-05-2013, 07:22 PM
i'll keep an eye out for that dropbox link from phillip

echoturbo
04-05-2013, 07:26 PM
LOL

NotedDerk
04-05-2013, 07:28 PM
I think we all should just freak out, that seems to solve a lot.

momadaddy
04-05-2013, 07:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4G4mcYOXMA

thesignguy
04-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Shame
Hopefully s2 stays gold for a wee bit longer

Ayreon
04-05-2013, 10:01 PM
im totally just gonna go on the live chat, knowing it isnt going to solve shit, but I wanna talk to phillip.

whose evan?

evan sounds cool

momadaddy
04-05-2013, 10:05 PM
i'm Evan... i'm not cool

briden
04-05-2013, 10:19 PM
For what it's worth, the in-game skate.reel still works and you can watch other peoples clips. A glimmer of hope?

Goat
04-05-2013, 10:55 PM
Phillip for SOTY 2013

Yarivpa
04-06-2013, 05:10 AM
I think philip is just paid to tell you what you wana hear...

Yarivpa
04-06-2013, 05:22 AM
The prophetie is here

http://www.skate4.com/

Hobbs
04-06-2013, 05:44 AM
its wrking for me...

SolidMojo
04-06-2013, 06:22 AM
Man, the site is borked.. keep logging me out telling me my active login has expired, then I log in, it loads, tells me its expired and goes full circle.

m.seven
04-06-2013, 06:35 AM
I've still got nothing..blank profile and skate.create.

am I saying "oh lordy me,they shut it down early! what is I gonna do?"
no i'm not,shit's never worked right.just crap lousy timing for it to do the usual.

if it's something they need to fix/reset I wouldn't get my hopes up that they will.

SK8ERatWAR
04-06-2013, 08:42 AM
fucking assholes

momadaddy
04-06-2013, 11:31 AM
working now. i may have overreacted just a tad

Razorlike Blue
04-06-2013, 11:37 AM
Yay, it's back. But I have no regrets about my last post.

knexzor
04-06-2013, 11:38 AM
Guess they were doing final rehersal ;)

BannerBoy360
04-06-2013, 11:42 AM
its baaaaaack.

momadaddy
04-06-2013, 11:50 AM
PHILLIP SAVED THE DAY! PRAISE THE SUN

emericaridr11
04-06-2013, 12:07 PM
working now. i may have overreacted just a tad