PDA

View Full Version : PVR ?

Yarivpa
04-23-2013, 03:24 PM
What PVR should I buy? Hauppauge? Is there something cheaper with a good quality? Is that difficult to use this thing with my stupid old and laggy windows vista?
Thanks for answers, i wana skate and film!

BladderBoy
04-23-2013, 04:22 PM
I bought a Hauppage about 2 years ago and thought the captures were WAY too fuzzy. I took it back. The product may have improved since then.

I can't seem to find a cap device thats is universally well-received, so I haven't bought another.

Hobbs
04-23-2013, 04:27 PM
I bought a Hauppage about 2 years ago and thought the captures were WAY too fuzzy. I took it back. The product may have improved since then.

I can't seem to find a cap device thats is universally well-received, so I haven't bought another.

really? i heard hauppauge was good

yumpancakes1
04-23-2013, 04:34 PM
i have a PVR i've had it for 3 years and the quality is amazing

schnavolda
04-24-2013, 01:08 AM
i'll just say what i said in all the 37 other cap card threads: go buy the elgato game capture. better than the pvr in every regard, as long as you are on the xbox 360.

Yarivpa
04-24-2013, 02:15 AM
Elegato game capture? Easy to use?

Yarivpa
04-24-2013, 02:19 AM
On the website it looks good! But is there something cheaper with good quality? I really want to avoid to spend 200€ for fuckin'ea skate

schnavolda
04-24-2013, 02:45 AM
Elegato game capture? Easy to use?

it's super easy. plug&play basically. you install the software, plug in the hdmi-cables, start the console and you're set. if you want to capture something, just press the big red record button in the software. and it's around 150€.

Fakie Steez
04-24-2013, 03:24 AM
go with the first gen pvr, I've had it for 2 years and at the end of the day I can still make it look like these new "awesome" capture cards like the el gato. And if you want to have professional looking videos then there might be one other option, its called the avermedia game capture is like 150 dollars, idk how much euros that is,

emericaridr11
04-24-2013, 09:42 AM
im with Bladder the pvr is a bit blurry, not bad though

Elgato uses hdmi NOT Component, just smooth! better in some regards

Im very happy with my pvr, but if your gonna drop 200 then yeah Elgato might be better for the money, i got my pvr for fairly cheap though......
someone just uploaded a Roxio Test, Not Terrible if you ask me

the lower end capcards, like roxio and shit will look decent but have shitty Text (example ls show).... honestly thats the only thing ive noticed thats really worth noticing
not bad

Ayreon
04-24-2013, 10:40 AM
what pvr you have?

cap card isnt an option for me. no hdtv