PDA

View Full Version : Xbox "A New Generation"

NotedDerk
04-24-2013, 11:11 PM
http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/24/xbox-to-reveal-a-new-generation-of-game-console-may-21-at-microsofts-redmond-campus/

Finally, we hear something about this damn future console besides fucking rumors.

Wiltzuh
04-25-2013, 02:50 AM
I'm just walking down the street

SK8ERatWAR
04-25-2013, 03:08 AM
certainly gonna watch the livestream, if i don't forget about it

EmmitBrown
04-25-2013, 10:03 AM
microsoft needs to get their head out of their ass. i will never get a videogame system that has to be online to work. and games only work on the first system you put them in? does anyone at microsoft ever go to a friends house? eat a dick

Edit: none of this is at the original post, im just surly at microsofts attempt to destroy the "in person" community aspect of videogames. bringing games to a friends house and/or trading games has been around since atari...if it aint broke dont fix it. people wouldnt have to trade in games all the time if the games lasted longer, didnt come out with a new version every 9 months and/or you didnt charge us another 40 bucks for dlc that should be part of the game on disc. microsoft just got TOO concerned with how i spend my money and what im NOT allowed to play with digital copyrights and whatnot. i don't feel like they value me as a customer, so im back to PS.

PoppySquidJr
04-25-2013, 10:28 AM
microsoft needs to get their head out of their ass. i will never get a videogame system that has to be online to work. and games only work on the first system you put them in? does anyone at microsoft ever go to a friends house? eat a dick

Edit: none of this is at the original post, im just surly at microsofts attempt to destroy the "in person" community aspect of videogames. bringing games to a friends house and/or trading games has been around since atari...if it aint broke dont fix it. people wouldnt have to trade in games all the time if the games lasted longer, didnt come out with a new version every 9 months and/or you didnt charge us another 40 bucks for dlc that should be part of the game on disc. microsoft just got TOO concerned with how i spend my money and what im NOT allowed to play with digital copyrights and whatnot. i don't feel like they value me as a customer, so im back to PS.

Literally everything you said is a rumor. Nothing has been confirmed, everybody just started saying things because they didn't like microsoft. People just thought "What do we NOT like? Well, let's say the new xbox will do that because we don't like Microsoft and we assume they'll do everything we hate." Maybe they will do some of it, maybe they won't. NOTHING has been announced yet.

EDIT: This being said, I'm not buying any next gen console. It's stopped being about the game long ago, and I'd rather bask in nostalgia than change the way I see video games.

m.seven
04-25-2013, 10:32 AM
remember when game consoles were for playing games?
all the crazy shit with the next gen consoles that I hear just makes me think this current gen will be my last

Hitmanx123
04-25-2013, 10:47 AM
ITS GOING TO BE ALWAYS ON!!!?? O FUCK NO IM GOING TO GET A PS4 AS SOON AS IT CUMS OUT! FUHK DAT SHI MY DUU !!

MICROSOFT CAN EAT A DICK!

blitzkow
04-25-2013, 11:00 AM
there is probably gonna be a way to bypass the thing where the game only works on 1 system, like when games on demand first came out you could get any of them for free lol.

NotedDerk
04-25-2013, 11:09 AM
Just to quote the part of the article that people seem to be misinterpreting.

"We MAY also get our first official word on speculation that Microsoft’s next Xbox will require an always-on connection to the Internet to function, and a more detailed explanation of how exactly it will interact with other living room entertainment devices like cable set-top boxes."

The article itself isn't by microsoft or anybody who works for microsoft. Darrell Etherington is just a writer, the only part that is official is the 'unveiling' event they announced. I just posted the first link that popped up when I saw that announcement on the dashboard.

doggdx666
04-25-2013, 11:43 AM
im pretty sure that they confirmed it'll always be on line but who knows still gonna get a ps4 yerp.

echoturbo
04-25-2013, 08:42 PM
if what i heard is true then this gen of xbox is gonna be gay

EmmitBrown
04-26-2013, 02:26 PM
they're technically rumors, but from multiple sources and developers pack info, and comments/actions from people working for microsoft. ill peep the reveal on the 21st but at this point they have to specifically say the rumors are false to make me want to buy one. the direction they're headed they're trying to get rid of physical copies of games making everything downloadable by the next system after these, possibly sooner during this new gens life. ill never trust a harddrive enough to not want an actual copy of the game. in my opinion they're losing track of the fact that its a videogame system at heart. a toy for kids.

PS B( . )( . )BIES!

NotedDerk
04-26-2013, 02:30 PM
I love your grand larceny part emmit! <3

Hitmanx123
04-26-2013, 03:25 PM
I love your grand larceny part emmit! <3

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RANDOM....but i mean its derk so :p

Hobbs
04-26-2013, 05:33 PM
Truthfully this next gen doesnt seem to fit my style. I like sony, and i will stick with sony, throughout all of its years! PS4 all the way dudes!
ps. if we all got ps4's we could all play together!

PoppySquidJr
04-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Truthfully this next gen doesnt seem to fit my style. I like sony, and i will stick with sony, throughout all of its years! PS4 all the way dudes!
ps. if we all got ps4's we could all play together!

Just because Sony's been better with customer service over the years doesn't mean the PS4 will be awesome. I'm sure it will be better than the xbox, I have literally no doubt about that, but it still isn't worth getting at ALL imo. They're charging for online (the ONE thing PS4 had VERY STRONGLY over xbox is now gone), they're pushing social media onto everything (which everything nowadays is doing), and they're fucking up everything just the same. Fuck next gen.

Hobbs
04-26-2013, 06:22 PM
Just because Sony's been better with customer service over the years doesn't mean the PS4 will be awesome. I'm sure it will be better than the xbox, I have literally no doubt about that, but it still isn't worth getting at ALL imo. They're charging for online (the ONE thing PS4 had VERY STRONGLY over xbox is now gone), they're pushing social media onto everything (which everything nowadays is doing), and they're fucking up everything just the same. Fuck next gen.
you have to pay to play online now? wtf? That is ridiculous, show me were it says that!

EmmitBrown
04-26-2013, 07:30 PM
...pushing social media onto everything...

yeah the "share" button is weird as hell and doesnt belong on a game controller. ima end up accidentally hitting share when im peepin classy lookin girls in gta V phone-camera mode

m.seven
04-26-2013, 07:59 PM
i'm goin back to my Atari

NotedDerk
04-26-2013, 08:09 PM
It's all just one big competition these days, I don't recall any of my friends or family bitching about what console is better when the first xbox, ps2, and dreamcast were out or any time before that. We just played games on whatever system the game was on, that's it.

PoppySquidJr
04-26-2013, 09:35 PM
It's all just one big competition these days, I don't recall any of my friends or family bitching about what console is better when the first xbox, ps2, and dreamcast were out or any time before that. We just played games on whatever system the game was on, that's it.

You weren't paying attention then :P
Sega Genesis Vs. Super Nintendo was one of the biggest console wars in history, I mean even before then people were arguing about consoles.
Atari Vs. Commodore 64 too

Boxerman08
04-26-2013, 11:10 PM
Fuck next gen.

^ this. From what I've heard/seen up until now, both systems seem ridiculous... I might change my mind once I see how the new xbox and/or ps4 will be like, but right now... meh...:confused:

SK8ERatWAR
04-27-2013, 04:55 AM
only thing that'll make me buy a next gen console is if a new skatesim came out for it. Any other way, i'll stick to the pc

m.seven
04-27-2013, 06:34 AM
i've got close to 200 games for my ps3 counting physical copies and on the hard drive
more than enough to keep me entertained without shelling out another chunk of cash for a next gen console

Hitmanx123
04-27-2013, 09:41 AM
You didnt care enough to pay attention back then :P

fixed

EmmitBrown
04-27-2013, 10:59 AM
hell yeah, system competition has been around as long as systems. thats just business. and im a gamer, i NEED a new system every generation. the games i have now ill still play, but i need to be able to play whatever new games i want as well.

PoppySquidJr
04-27-2013, 12:05 PM
hell yeah, system competition has been around as long as systems. thats just business. and im a gamer, i NEED a new system every generation. the games i have now ill still play, but i need to be able to play whatever new games i want as well.

Save up for a PC, you can build one capable of playing even the highest end games on med-low settings for 500-600 bucks if you know what you're doing, and it'll save you a ton of money in the longrun. It's just a scary upfront cost.

EmmitBrown
04-27-2013, 01:58 PM
i have a nice pc. im deep into mame games with a tankstick. but as far as pc specific games, they're never built for a console type controller. i appreciate pc games but ill always prefer a console.

Antwan
04-27-2013, 03:18 PM
Sony is pretty crazy, Ps4 might have bragging rights. Im guessing the first "next gen" xbox will be like the white one versus the xbox slim. I am in no rush to redring.

pawnluvguitarist
04-27-2013, 03:52 PM
I'm in no rush, it'll be like the other gens for me, I'll get it when it has a game I need to have. Bought PS2 for GTA and PS3 for THP8.

thesignguy
04-27-2013, 03:59 PM
It was Atari vs Coleco Vision vs Intelivision
Atari was the shittiest of the 3 but spent more on advertising

PoppySquidJr
04-27-2013, 04:41 PM
It was Atari vs Coleco Vision vs Intelivision
Atari was the shittiest of the 3 but spent more on advertising

Ah you're right, I wasn't around for that one, but the Atari had a few different consoles, and I know one of them clashed directly with the commodore.
Regardless, the SNES vs. Genesis was the biggest one, people lost friends over that one.