PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Budget?

Antwan
05-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Gaming aint cheap. How do you guys move money around for it or do you? Ive been buying low, trading in towards high. I guess I dont feel the need to get every new game out there on release day but if something interests me I usually have a stack of cheap ones to dent its price. I found this useful: http://forums.slimgamer.com/showthread.php?2884-GameStop-Trade-in-Values-List-and-FAQ-2013-Edition

m.seven
05-03-2013, 08:48 PM
blood,plasma,semen,bone marrow,a kidney
done some things in some back alleys I'm not proud of
street pharmaceuticals
bounty hunting
panhandling
stocks and bonds
pyramid schemes
ask my wife to buy it for me

PoppySquidJr
05-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Two games a year. Birthday. Christmas. Unless something really special comes up, I rarely need anything more.

emericaridr11
05-03-2013, 09:16 PM
focus groups

usually a 50-100 bucks a pop for 1-2 hours of Opinions
always cool

thesignguy
05-03-2013, 09:21 PM
focus groups

usually a 50-100 bucks a pop for 1-2 hours of Opinions
always cool
This

Seanne1986
05-04-2013, 02:11 AM
I have worked to little recently to be able to buy all that I want. But I think it through before I get something so my money don't go to waste. But usually I can get whatever I want.

andreas
05-04-2013, 05:31 AM
I don't buy video games because they all suck and are a waste of money.

Deacon
05-04-2013, 07:02 AM
I don't like trading/selling games, unless after beating them I wasn't impressed with it. In terms of new games so few take my interest, that if one does come along I generally just go and buy it. but then that's only because I work for a company that pay way over what my job should pay, because they tend to head hunt people instead of asking people to apply etc.

Granka
05-04-2013, 07:27 AM
I don't buy new games very often. I mostly buy when the prices have gone down or when games go on sale on Steam.

The only game that I know that I will buy on release and in full price will probably be GTA5. Other than that I don't know.

SK8ERatWAR
05-04-2013, 08:56 AM
I'm loaded, I get every game there is.

3 fucking amazing games coming out this year, company of heroes 2, wargame airland battle and rome 2 total war. I'm a sucka for strategy

Antwan
05-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Right on. Yeah, Im usually tired of the ones I trade in. Trade in deals are your best bet though if youve got things you arent playing. I walked out with 80$ just trading in games worth more than 3$ something like 15 games total. thats about 50% extra.

bengrover
05-04-2013, 11:29 AM
I know if I trade in a game, I will want to play it again.

Still own all my games. PS3, 360, PS2 and even still have all my PS1 and Sega Megadrive games.

Not many games I feel I have to get recently. This year is an exception though. Watch Dogs, GTAV, and the a next gen console I'm not decided on which one yet.

Deacon
05-04-2013, 12:20 PM

Still own all my games. PS3, 360, PS2 and even still have all my PS1 and Sega Megadrive games.

Not many games I feel I have to get recently. This year is an exception though. Watch Dogs, GTAV, and the a next gen console I'm not decided on which one yet.

buy both you know you want too! lol

Hitmanx123
05-04-2013, 12:44 PM
I feel shitty for buying dead island riptide. For me the only thing that makes the game worth it for me is th glitches guns people are already making and I haven't even played he story. Just looking for modded guns and weapons.

Other than that gtaV is the only game I'm getting. No more call of shit either,
And battlefield 4.
Now that I think about it
I'm only getting bf4 and gtaV
All other games are just waste of time for me, I get them and I just can't finish em
They aren't intriguing enough

kieran
05-04-2013, 01:14 PM
I've done stuff I'm not willing to do again...until a new game is out.

Goon_Panda
05-04-2013, 02:15 PM
I have a copy of BF3 that I never play because I've finished the campaign and online doesn't like me. I still have my limited edition code so I think that might increase the value a bit and set me up for GTA V, which I've preordered and paid 50%. I've got a spare $50 which will get me the preowned copies of GT5 and OG, but I have no idea how I'm gonna be able to afford Watch Dogs.

*all prices in New Zealand $

jimmy2times79
05-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Because Iam rich bitch!!!

Antwan
05-08-2013, 12:32 PM

Crazy man.
If I hadn't started doing trade ins I probably wouldn't have ended up here.
Traded in PS2, got xbox later.. migration to broken white xboxes.. found OG skate demo, played the game, got it.
I'd probably still be doing the tony hawk thing.

PoppySquidJr
05-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Crazy man.
If I hadn't started doing trade ins I probably wouldn't have ended up here.
Traded in PS2, got xbox later.. migration to broken white xboxes.. found OG skate demo, played the game, got it.
I'd probably still be doing the tony hawk thing.

I could NEVER trade in a game. I collect them at this point if I'm not going to play them again. You just simply can't get back what it's really worth nowadays, and there will always be some day that you feel like playing it again.

Legba
05-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Craigslist, ebay, and Chinatown (they even have stuff before release dates).
And I still borrow/trade with friends like a savvy middle schooler :o

Deacon
05-11-2013, 10:28 AM

You got me thinking after reading this and decided to dig out my old games consoles from my loft (attic). I found the usual suspects N64, SNES and Megadrive, but I also found my Atari Jaguar!

PoppySquidJr
05-11-2013, 10:42 AM
You got me thinking after reading this and decided to dig out my old games consoles from my loft (attic). I found the usual suspects N64, SNES and Megadrive, but I also found my Atari Jaguar!

The Jaguar isn't something you're supposed to admit to having. :V

momadaddy
05-11-2013, 10:55 AM
my gaming budget was more before but i had to make room for my hooker budget

Mark Murderous
05-11-2013, 01:20 PM
I'm Moma's Hooker, that's how I afford games.

Deacon
05-11-2013, 03:58 PM
The Jaguar isn't something you're supposed to admit to having. :V

Nothing wrong with the Jaguar.

momadaddy
05-11-2013, 07:13 PM
or as cool kids call it "The Jag"