PDA

View Full Version : Fakie Crew: A Day With Showtime And Steez

Fakie Steez
05-19-2013, 07:18 PM
well guys its here, Me and show time put a lot of work into this and we hope you enjoy it, please keep the feedback as positive as possible, and give critisism to either me or show time, just dont hate the whole video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_BioWXs-ok

XImortalDEATHX
05-19-2013, 07:41 PM
Some tricks were a little too high, and I still see panbacks in the filming. Work on those. Colours were weird and songs like that shouldn't be used in skating..... ever. Other than that it wasn't terrible, I've seen some improvement, and it's always to see a park of mine in there too. Overall if you want to make a decent video get rid of all the "#swagyolo" setup and if anything tone down the instagram filters.

Fakie Steez
05-19-2013, 07:42 PM
Some tricks were a little too high, and I still see panbacks in the filming. Work on those. Colours were weird and songs like that shouldn't be used in skating..... ever. Other than that it wasn't terrible, I've seen some improvement, and it's always to see a park of mine in there too. Overall if you want to make a decent video get rid of all the "#swagyolo" setup and if anything tone down the instagram filters.

Alright man thanks for the advice :) also thank you for keeping it positive (y)

also im going to have a solo using some of my clips in this video a long with some more so stay tuned for that. (no instagram filters in mine :) lol)

iBeSkatin
05-19-2013, 07:50 PM
i liked the song to it but with song like this most tricks need to be to beat to look good same as imortal did a little to much with the colors and panbacks ender however thought looked pretty good :)

XImortalDEATHX
05-19-2013, 07:51 PM
Alright man thanks for the advice :) also thank you for keeping it positive (y)

also im going to have a solo using some of my clips in this video a long with some more so stay tuned for that. (no instagram filters in mine :) lol)

Re- Using clips isn't very wise either.

Fakie Steez
05-19-2013, 07:52 PM
i liked the song to it but with song like this most tricks need to be to beat to look good same as imortal did a little to much with the colors and panbacks ender however thought looked pretty good :)

Yah showtime filmed his parts and I filmed mine, I did notice his huge panbacks for the most part i had like 1 or 2 and they were not too bad in my opinion, also thanks for the feedback :)

Fakie Steez
05-19-2013, 07:54 PM
The solo I'm making is like 6 mins long, And my part in this video is only about a minuet, I don't think it'll be to noticable

XImortalDEATHX
05-19-2013, 08:08 PM
The solo I'm making is like 6 mins long, And my part in this video is only about a minuet, I don't think it'll be to noticable
You'd be surprised.

The Mike
05-19-2013, 08:18 PM
ew too fruity with the colors

Fecal Face
05-19-2013, 08:20 PM
dude....ok. Because you insist on posting here still:

1. Lose the filters. They look SO ugly.
2. WHY ARE YOU POPPING SO HIGH. Are you trying to make it to the moon????
3. The filming needs to be traditional style if you are trying to be realistic. Low, fisheye, reasonable longlens angles.
4. No Panbacks
5. Why do you insist on using god-awful regurgitated "epic" rap beats? It doesn't fit and even Lil Wayne wouldn't listen to that shit.

EDIT: and for the love of satan, if you are going to use fisheye can you please get closer. There was a clip where the guy looked like a damn ant.

echoturbo
05-19-2013, 09:11 PM
DAMM pop so high you get out of frame SWAG

NotedDerk
05-19-2013, 09:33 PM
To be fair, he never put 'realistic' in the title of this video, so... :p
Skate how you want man, looks like your filming has improved quite a bit, just have to get rid of those panbacks.
When you're coming to the end of your time frame of your clip, just set as many markers as possible.
I'm sure there are other, cleaner, methods but that's how I do it and it looks decent enough.

darius-dj
05-19-2013, 10:39 PM
high poppin

WuZie
05-20-2013, 03:14 AM
Hmmm.. you have improved quit a lot :)
Your part was deffinetely way better than ShowTimes, as he popped every trick like he was playing on easy.
Anyway, keep improving :D
I'm not an expert either, but hopefully you'll take the advice on this vid and you'll nail your vid next time

Fakie Steez
05-20-2013, 03:53 AM
Guys notice these are to different people who did their own tricks in the same video, I'm steez! I reviewed my video so much i had at least 2 high pops and no panback bucks and all longlens low angles, expect some stair shots. showtime on the other hand did have a lot of high pops and below average filming but thats how he rolls.

Fakie Steez
05-20-2013, 03:54 AM
Also thanks to all you guys for replying :)

NotedDerk
05-20-2013, 04:04 AM
I reviewed my video so much i had at least 2 high pops and no panback bucks and all longlens low angles, expect some stair shots.

Take a look again at 1:41 in your video, THAT is a panback, the camera should have stayed close to the bench after you hit it and that's it. The panback is the camera going in the opposite direction of the way you were heading. It looks horrible and just needs to come to a stop, you'll figure it out, but it's just one way on improving your clips.

Antwan
05-20-2013, 08:07 AM
Yeah, Needs work.
Cool to see new faces though.
I did some Skate tutorials a while back, link in signature if interested.

Hitmanx123
05-20-2013, 09:06 AM
DAMM pop so high you get out of frame SWAG

^^^^^^^^

Wiltzuh
05-20-2013, 12:58 PM
Why you didn't use that your friends freestyle ? I guess you thought it was good song for montages.

You guys must be the ONLY people who play on EASY MODE ? WHY DO YOU PLAY ON EASY MODE ???

Ohmidineffect
05-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Guys, I seriously hate that some of you are still flaming this kid. He's not the greatest but from what I see he at least tried to take some advice and is improving. Not by leaps and bounds, but improving nonetheless. So the least we can do is criticize a bit less trolly.

Anyway, the filter wasn't just bad because it looked bad, it made it hard to see a lot of tricks. Less is more in this case.

The music wasn't just bad musically, but when you watch a skate video, you want the song and the video to play towards each other. And this stuff just has no personality. Get stuff that stands out and is pleasing to the ear.

Popped a bit too high but derk's right this one wasn't slammed with realism all over the title so it's cool to skate how you feel.

All and all it looks like you adhered to the advice everyone gave you, which is something I can never knock. Keep working on it!

Dzyne9
05-20-2013, 07:48 PM
I agree with the play the game how you want comments. I build parks that i want to skate. Alot of people dont care for them. But none of is should be buying a game to play how other people tell us.
when i film i have a slightly arcadish style. Because thats what i like. So keep doin your thing.
As far as pan backs... i cheat and film the trick longer than needed. Then set a ton of markers at the end and edit that shit out will a good ole clipping. Works for me

yumpancakes1
05-20-2013, 07:52 PM
Everything's good but why'd you use the EXACT same song as I used 5 days ago?
You could have chose another song.

Fakie Steez
05-21-2013, 04:06 AM
Everything's good but why'd you use the EXACT same song as I used 5 days ago?
You could have chose another song.
Not my song choice, showtimes. He is how do you say copy right scared, I just dont give a shit, personally if i would have edited this, i would have desaturated it just a bit and chose another song, by some pretty well known artists.

Also I dont think he did it, just cause you had it. Him personally does not watch your videos....I did notice but, it was already posted so I just never said anything.

Fakie Steez
05-21-2013, 04:09 AM
Also, Can some of you suggest some parks for me that I am able to download.....with lines. Like I said I am working on a new video and I have chosen not to re-use clips so I am in need of some new parks.

Goon_Panda
05-21-2013, 04:34 AM
Also, Can some of you suggest some parks for me that I am able to download.....with lines. Like I said I am working on a new video and I have chosen not to re-use clips so I am in need of some new parks.

Just look up teams like CNBS, Legacy, LPC (Logic Park Crew (maybe Creators idk)).
There are plenty more that aren't in my head now.

Everyone else's posts pretty much sum up my feelings for this vid. All except Wiltzuh because it looks to me like you play on hardcore mode. Basically just get rid of panbacks etc. Your pops were marginally lower than that of previous videos which is a good sign.

Personally I think Showtime should be exiled and you should stay and become accepted in the community by improving your videos over time etc.

Ayreon
05-21-2013, 08:41 AM
watched a bit of it. getting better. filming was much less shakey but still have huge panbacks

Guys, I seriously hate that some of you are still flaming this kid.

no fucking shit. the hate fest is getting old. give some constructive criticism

and the fact that more people will take more time to flame a new member rather than to give props to someone who has been here for years in their vids. my last 4 vids dont get this many replies lol.