PDA

View Full Version : Shoes for walking

SonicKaos
03-23-2009, 05:53 PM
I gotta get a new pair pf running shoes, but after buying Skate shoes I don't really like the style of them anymore lol.

Question: What are the most comfortable skate shoes or skate style shoes you know of? I'm looking for something with an arch in them rather then flats like most skate shoes are because it's better for your feet. I've got a pair for skating already, I just like the style much more now so I'm wondering if there are any more suitable for every day use.

So far I'm thinking a pair of Etnies, because the Skate 2 shoes are quite comfortable and they have a bit of an arch. Any other suggestions?

sk8cdt
03-23-2009, 06:48 PM
most skate shoes are flat, no arch what so ever, you might be SOL

ablindkid666
03-23-2009, 06:56 PM
yeah what sk8 said.... i think nike sb's are pretty comfortable.

Hitmanx123
03-23-2009, 07:09 PM
just wear w/e....cept dc...cause EVERYONE wear those bitches

sk8cdt
03-23-2009, 07:14 PM
yeah posers

SonicKaos
03-23-2009, 10:20 PM
most likely... well, the Skate 2 shoes have a lot of padding so they're pretty comfortable. I'd buy another pair but they only sell them in the US =\ I've got some Lakai's that I've been skating with and they're ok, but the padding isn't quite as nice. I'll probably try another brand when they wear out.

thesignguy
03-24-2009, 11:44 AM
you talking about those orange skate 2 shoes? I got a pair of them, they look comfy, a lil loud tho. My most comfy shoes ever are old simples. My right foot is wider than my left, so if im up all day I put my simples on. I don't run so im not sure. I could care less about name brands or anything tho. I would just go to shoe store and try some on. Or here in St. Louis you can get custom shoes made.

Anyone remember Keapas? i think. they had two shoe strings.
Or Roos i think? They had a pocket in the tongue. Big enuf for like 2 quarters haha

SonicKaos
03-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Yea, those ones. Orange is my favourite colour, don't mind the loudness of them lol.

I don't like sandals or anything of the sort either though unfortunately... I used to just go buy shoes and to an extent I still do. I don't care about brand, I just get what looks cool to me. However, standard running shoes aren't looking so great anymore... skate shoes are my look now. They just aren't the most practical for walking a ton as I experienced in Vancouver before.

CaseyCadaver
03-26-2009, 04:44 AM
I was at a shoe store the other day and this guy showed me these insoles that were $30... They felt amazing! I have a huge arch and I've never worn anything but skate shoes and converse... It was a bit weird. I can't remember what they were called but they were made out of nylon, fiberglass, some foamy crap and some sort of gel.

they had like a 1 yr warranty or something. Check into something like that maybe?

ChvyVele
03-26-2009, 12:07 PM
I wear DC's for skating quite often... wouldn't say I'm a poser, maybe being a little stereotypical?

As for skate shoes with an arc, I'm pretty sure they don't exist :( .

saunders420
03-26-2009, 12:27 PM
LOOK FOR GRAVIS

NO LIE THE MOST COMFIEST SKATE SHOE EVER the viking that is

they started out as a sandal company for surfers, which then created shoes and hiking boots. Now they sponser skaters and have madea bit more than two skate shoes, kinda like Reef actually.

check out the site http://www.gravisfootwear.com/
this link take you to the skate site http://www.ivsk8.com/