View Full Version : A little middle aged go pro action

thesignguy
06-16-2013, 06:55 AM
Got some cool board mounted fun yesterday

http://youtu.be/HRiKaygcqOk

I'm the black tshirt and most of the onboard

briden
06-18-2013, 06:07 PM
I like that you switched it up with multiple angles; most gopro stuff I've seen is the camera mounted midboard facing forward, or helmet cam (puke). Park looks like a fucking blast as well.

EmmitBrown
06-18-2013, 06:10 PM
hell yeah. nice camera placements and variety of angles

Fecal Face
06-18-2013, 08:00 PM
that bowl looks like major fun

Ayreon
06-18-2013, 08:14 PM
looks so much faster from the view of the board

PoppySquidJr
06-18-2013, 09:43 PM
God man any time anyone posts a video of themselves I just get jealous of the parks they always seem to have. :(

crni1976
06-19-2013, 01:55 AM
You do seem to have plenty of dope facilities at your disposal. Looks like a blast

thesignguy
06-19-2013, 05:21 AM
thanks dudes, yeah it was fun as hell. We just couldn't stop messing around with the board mount. No lcd display so we had no idea what we had til we got home. On top of that a lot of shit wasn't recorded that we thought we recorded. On top of THAT the cam would go down or up on a lot of runs making the footage unusable. We skated for 6 hours that day and I am almost 40 and my buddy (White DFW shirt) is 42 so we had to re-coop for about 4 days. We are going to get some more shit for sure.

August 12th I'm turning 40, I got about 20+ old dudes going to shred all day with me. We have a lot of parks now this was filmed at 2 of them but we have about 3 or 4 other parks to hit and a DIY park under a bridge to skate as well. Should be rad. NEVER GROW UP

crni1976
06-19-2013, 05:41 AM
thanks dudes, yeah it was fun as hell. We just couldn't stop messing around with the board mount. No lcd display so we had no idea what we had til we got home. On top of that a lot of shit wasn't recorded that we thought we recorded. On top of THAT the cam would go down or up on a lot of runs making the footage unusable. We skated for 6 hours that day and I am almost 40 and my buddy (White DFW shirt) is 42 so we had to re-coop for about 4 days. We are going to get some more shit for sure.

August 12th I'm turning 40, I got about 20+ old dudes going to shred all day with me. We have a lot of parks now this was filmed at 2 of them but we have about 3 or 4 other parks to hit and a DIY park under a bridge to skate as well. Should be rad. NEVER GROW UP

It's cool that you still have so many people your age around that you can hook up with. I had one friend whom I went out with to ride from time to time (although that has been some time as well) but he recently moved. There is a skatepark nearby where I live, but I am actually completely out of touch with the scene there, and don't even know any of the (younger) skaters that frequent the park.

I miss those carefree days, where I would pick up my board, go out and ride for hours and hours on end.

PoppySquidJr
06-19-2013, 05:42 AM
we have about 3 or 4 other parks to hit and a DIY park under a bridge to skate as well. Should be rad. NEVER GROW UP

Just uh, help me move there or something plz

thesignguy
06-19-2013, 05:53 AM
It's cool that you still have so many people your age around that you can hook up with. I had one friend whom I went out with to ride from time to time (although that has been some time as well) but he recently moved. There is a skatepark nearby where I live, but I am actually completely out of touch with the scene there, and don't even know any of the (younger) skaters that frequent the park.

I miss those carefree days, where I would pick up my board, go out and ride for hours and hours on end.

I tell you what man, I bet there is other guys that feel the same way you do. We have a group on facebook called St. Louis Old Man Skate Cartel we have 392 members. Mostly packs of 12 friends or so that got to know 12 more then 10 more so on and so on. A friend of mine now in Colorado started a group out there and my buddy in the video moved to Dallas Texas and started one there. They keep popping up in most cities now (maybe from us maybe not) but we posts when we skate and 6 or so guys show up. We have organized events and meet on Saturdays. I'd suggest starting a group up and the magic will follow. A lot of guys are extremely overweight and out of shape with bad knees whatnot. We do anything from cruising parking garages to slalom events to big vert. At our age nobody gives 2 shits at how good you are or how padded up you are

crni1976
06-19-2013, 06:04 AM
I tell you what man, I bet there is other guys that feel the same way you do. We have a group on facebook called St. Louis Old Man Skate Cartel we have 392 members. Mostly packs of 12 friends or so that got to know 12 more then 10 more so on and so on. A friend of mine now in Colorado started a group out there and my buddy in the video moved to Dallas Texas and started one there. They keep popping up in most cities now (maybe from us maybe not) but we posts when we skate and 6 or so guys show up. We have organized events and meet on Saturdays. I'd suggest starting a group up and the magic will follow. A lot of guys are extremely overweight and out of shape with bad knees whatnot. We do anything from cruising parking garages to slalom events to big vert. At our age nobody gives 2 shits at how good you are or how padded up you are

That's some solid advice right there, I might take you up on it sometime :)

PoppySquidJr
06-19-2013, 06:16 AM

I wish I was old so I could do that. If I ever tried something like that at 19 I'd get a bunch of Ryan Sheckler wannabes and Longboarders. I'm cool with the longboarders but from experience there's only a select few of them that are cool with shortboards, for whatever stupid reason.

pawnluvguitarist
06-19-2013, 06:43 AM

That sounds like it would be a blast. I've skated with a few old dudes in my travels, I'm definitely old school at heart.

Ayreon
06-19-2013, 04:04 PM

thats sick. think of it. only sports most 40 yr olds do is golf