PDA

View Full Version : Legba's NYC Skate Show

Legba
06-20-2013, 05:17 PM
Hey Fluckers,
I recently started hosting this web-series about skating in NYC.
This is the first episode featuring me as host.
I know I look a lil nervous, but I think I I warm up in later episodes.
Other than that, I hope some folks here enjoy it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmWcAlXCa0w
Feedback/comments are appreciated :o

Mark Murderous
06-20-2013, 05:35 PM
brad williams, what the fuck is on your head?

Antwan
06-20-2013, 05:35 PM
Pretty good man. They ever finish that construction behind mccarren? Im still tryin to make it up there. My dads doing a for artists by artists type concert there, may be there for that, may spit something on stage well see haha. Keep it rollin.

Legba
06-20-2013, 05:39 PM
Mark: Mark Daugherty, the product of 5 years of laziness...and frequent washing. lol
Antwan: Yeah, its a HUGE community pool now. Its actually pretty nice. And Hell yeah, that sounds dope! Hit me up man.

momadaddy
06-20-2013, 05:43 PM
can't wait for more. very well done

Ohmidineffect
06-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Yo man those dreads are doooooope, I could never commit to making mine as crazy as yours. You doing the Go Skate Day Run tomorrow? Oh and sick vid dude!

InsideManager
06-20-2013, 06:26 PM
I wish I could hangout with Legba.

http://impose.vaesite.net/__data/danny-brown.25.jpg

crni1976
06-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Dude, what does that hairdo weigh?! It seems you could sustain some serious neck injuries because of it ;)

Anyways, cool watch, I will be looking out for more

Legba
06-21-2013, 07:14 AM
Momadaddy: Thanks so much man, episodes should be coming out weekly from this point on, so I'll be putting them up here to.

Ohmid: Thanks dude! I've seen yours tho, proper locks!!! I wish man, its so nice out! I hurt my heel pretty badly in Tribeca last week. I cant skate for at least another week...Im dying inside lol

Inside: Aww damnit, I knew a Danny Brown reference was coming somewhere in this thread! Any time a light-skinned brotha decides to have a bang; he's Danny Brown. My knots took waaay longer than that dudes perm. Hahah, but yes, I wish I could hangout with Inside. <3

crni: its funny you say that, it's actually has gotten kind of hefty in these past few months. I know i have to either trim it or tie it up lol. But I appreciate you checking it out. I'll update this tread for each episode.

Thanks again for checking it out guys!

m.seven
06-21-2013, 07:52 AM
glad I checked this out,i dig it!
I like hearing the average skater's perspective on their scene..and yeah man,reggae all day to skate to.just makes everything feel smooth and worry free.

I thought you and your hair did a good job hosting :D

briden
06-21-2013, 10:24 AM
I thought you and your hair did a good job hosting :D

likewise

This made me want to go back to new york really bad.

MarcoPoloUSN
06-23-2013, 03:50 PM
This is cool.

I watched the first Manhattan episode, and it's so interesting how Supreme went from being a laughable local shop to a wildly popular boutique.

Ayreon
06-23-2013, 03:55 PM
pretty cool man

keep it up

someone should do a fake skating vid like this lol. Interviews and such

Legba
06-26-2013, 09:06 AM
m.7: Much appreciated! The guy who said that was my favorite to interview, had me cracking up the whole time! Glad you liked it man, really am.

Briden: I'm so glad you said that! The whole point of the show is to make people wanna come skate here. Thanks again for watching.

Marco: It's crazy right? I have a very similar story. Dudes used to give me SO MUCH shit for wearing/skating in dunks back in 02-04. I heard everything from "Broke ass fake air forces" to "fake skate shoes/Nike doesn't make skate shoes"
Guys would really go in with that shit. Then by 05, everybody was buying em lol. The irony.

Ay: 1. Thanks for giving it a looksie man, glad you dug it.
2. Someone should totally do that! I wish they did that with Lb, live interviews with the stars of fakeskating? Sickness

Legba
06-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Part II

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDCCF9VPBqs

Trigger Timmo
06-27-2013, 10:21 PM
Love the dance moves legba, and i been meaning to comment about your FS flip in the first ep, nice, must be such a fun job/project,
us Australian skaters all want to come to new york, also looks sick you just pushing in slow mo across bridges..

Legba
06-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Thanks Timmo! Hahaha, I had no idea the editor was gonna use any of that goof footage! It's a really fun project to work on. I hope it lasts! Lol. Yeah, that sketchy clip was the best I could get on the spot. I really wish I got more footage for these episodes, but I have a lot more for the next parts. :)
Hope you'll stay tuned!

crni1976
06-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Fun watch man, I'll stay tuned

m.seven
06-29-2013, 08:42 AM
these are great man,really looking forward to the next one

Boxerman08
07-01-2013, 11:36 PM
Dude, Legba, this is a super dope idea! When I went to NYC about 4-5 years ago with my highschool back when I was a senior, we went there for like a weekend and couldn't skate because of those dumb school rules... seen soooo many dope spots though. I might actually go this summer (if I can save up some money) with a few homies to film for a full length I'm working on and also for an ad/teaser for my homie's company he's trying to grow. Would be sick if you could show us some dope spots around! ;)

Legba
07-05-2013, 06:04 PM
M & Crni: Thanks again guys! I'm hyped and surprised to have such a positive reception!

Boxer: Gracias mane, and hell yeah! I'm always down to Sherpa for a party I approve of lol. But seriously, you'd be more than welcome!

Legba
07-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Cardinal Shredimus Maximus (skit):

http://youtu.be/LsvI_I05zN4

Boxerman08
07-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Hell yeah, that'd be tight! I'll let you know if ever we do make it down there sometime! Amazing skit too, so jokes haha Live on Shredimus Maximus!

saunders420
07-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Legba....when i see your hair it reminds me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IrB1OE9Blo

Do something with that hair....either or Use some hand gestures and get some liveliness poppin in these videos.

crni1976
07-06-2013, 12:29 AM
lol

Legba
07-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Saunders: Reggie!!! I love that scene!!! And I completely agree with your critique. These episodes are just the pilot man. I didn't see any of the footage before YouTube just like anyone else who watched it lol. After seeing them, I now have a good idea of what I wanna do differently. Except for that skit...I was directed to be deadpan and unamused. This is my first video-journalism gig, the learning curve is steeper than I expected. The next ones will be better!

Thanks for watching Holmes!