PDA

View Full Version : Antwan Tees Up (18 Clip Reel) PGA 10

Antwan
07-07-2013, 02:51 AM
Got pretty into this game a few months ago, Here's the highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqIfVafALZI&hd=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqIfVafALZI&hd=1

May do something with other sports later.. we'll see.

Seanne1986
07-07-2013, 03:54 AM
I had tiger woods pga tour 13 and it was alright. But I gotta say that playing golf irl is hella more fun. Been playing for about a year now, still a newbie, but can get some great shots sometimes.

Antwan
07-07-2013, 04:29 AM
Yeah not a fan of the new gameplay personally I like the old tiger woods, ps2 days. I want to try it man just dont know anyone to go with dont think ill buy equipment what if I suck? haha, one day for sure.

PoppySquidJr
07-07-2013, 08:36 AM
I had tiger woods pga tour 13 and it was alright. But I gotta say that playing golf irl is hella more fun. Been playing for about a year now, still a newbie, but can get some great shots sometimes.

Hell yea right there with you. I actually used to be a big golfer in Middle School and played #1 spot for my school team, but then stopped playing for several years. Came back to it and now I kinda suck due to the time away, but sure as hell is a great game. Having the knowledge of what I'm doing helps with picking it back up a lot, too.

Yeah not a fan of the new gameplay personally I like the old tiger woods, ps2 days. I want to try it man just dont know anyone to go with dont think ill buy equipment what if I suck? haha, one day for sure.

If you can find a really small local golf course (usually one of those "par 3" courses), they oftentimes have club rentals so you can play for the day. You don't need fancy golf clubs when you're starting out, the equipment barely makes any difference at a beginner's level.

Antwan
07-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Huh, sweet deal man Ill look into that thanks for the tip.

PoppySquidJr
07-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Huh, sweet deal man Ill look into that thanks for the tip.
Yea I can't promise anything on that end though, that may just be a rural thing or even just a locational thing for my area.

If you do end up wanting to really get into golf, at least enough to want your own bag of clubs, definitely get something used for cheap to start off with. You won't know what kind of clubs you want for the long run until you've played a while.

pawnluvguitarist
07-07-2013, 08:11 PM
I've always enjoyed golf video games, I preferred the older ones, I still play one for NES, Sega Genesis and Mario Golf 64. I just don't like how in a lot of the new ones you are just too good and can control the spin and stuff while the ball is in mid air. It's also very precise and mathematical showing you the percentages and flight patterns and whatnot, a few of the older games were harder and more by feel.

As far as actual golf, real fun. Haven't played in many years, but I was pretty good. I got my one eagle and a few birdies, was able to get back spin and some nice flop shots for a short time there.

PoppySquidJr
07-08-2013, 11:43 AM
I've always enjoyed golf video games, I preferred the older ones, I still play one for NES, Sega Genesis and Mario Golf 64. I just don't like how in a lot of the new ones you are just too good and can control the spin and stuff while the ball is in mid air. It's also very precise and mathematical showing you the percentages and flight patterns and whatnot, a few of the older games were harder and more by feel.

As far as actual golf, real fun. Haven't played in many years, but I was pretty good. I got my one eagle and a few birdies, was able to get back spin and some nice flop shots for a short time there.

PGA on harder difficulties doesn't give you those luxuries. Your spin is determined purely by the angle of your shot, and there's no power boost. IIRC you can turn off all the number stuff too

However, if you like Mario Golf 64 then try Toadstool Tour on Gamecube. Fantastic game.

pawnluvguitarist
07-08-2013, 12:54 PM
PGA on harder difficulties doesn't give you those luxuries. Your spin is determined purely by the angle of your shot, and there's no power boost. IIRC you can turn off all the number stuff too

However, if you like Mario Golf 64 then try Toadstool Tour on Gamecube. Fantastic game.

Sweet, thanks for the heads up man

PoppySquidJr
07-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Sweet, thanks for the heads up man

No problem dude. A new Mario Golf is coming for the 3DS in 2014, but that's probably something that only I care about :P

Antwan
07-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Damn n64 though? haha now thats og first one I played was on ps2 man. Cool that you guys played golf though. How do you all feel about frisbey golf? Ive done that haha its ok I like the idea of choosing clubs and the initial driving the ball though. Weathers been terrible so I havent even looked yet, I get around though sure I could find a rental.

PoppySquidJr
07-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Damn n64 though? haha now thats og first one I played was on ps2 man. Cool that you guys played golf though. How do you all feel about frisbey golf? Ive done that haha its ok I like the idea of choosing clubs and the initial driving the ball though. Weathers been terrible so I havent even looked yet, I get around though sure I could find a rental.

Frisbee golf is wicked. "choosing your clubs" is still just as relevant, you go packed with multiple discs. There's a disc for driving, approaching, chipping, and putting. the weight and shape of them affects how it flies, so you pick your disc accordingly. Also if you live in an area with a large sports atmosphere, you may be able to rent clubs from a third party sports equipment rental place if you can find one.

momadaddy
07-08-2013, 02:08 PM
the hot shots golf games on ps1 ps2 and ps3 are great. a lot like mario golf but i like them more. same three click swing style. i have been wanting to get a golf game because i really enjoy them but i didnt like the tiger woods games of old so i havent gotten one. i purchased GOLF: Tee it up! on xbla and it is so simplistic that it is a joke and it only has two courses. they announced that tiger woods 15 was cancelled so i might pick up TW14 since it wont be outdated for a couple of years. does anyone here play that? i just want to play Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds but i don't have a ps3 anymore

Antwan
07-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Cool, Luft.
I guess I do know some people that play but they live way out in the country
I go rarely, never thought to ask. May just hit a relative up next time I'm out there.

I thought about picking it up moma but I've only got one friend that plays the tiger woods games
I bought against it haha
I think one of the pga games let you make your own courses and stuff to play on
Not too sure.. I'll look into that one though if It interests me I'll hit you up.
More interested knowing they won't take the servers down for a while.
They seem to go quick on sports games with all the new ones that come out.

PoppySquidJr
07-08-2013, 05:06 PM
the hot shots golf games on ps1 ps2 and ps3 are great. a lot like mario golf but i like them more. same three click swing style. i have been wanting to get a golf game because i really enjoy them but i didnt like the tiger woods games of old so i havent gotten one. i purchased GOLF: Tee it up! on xbla and it is so simplistic that it is a joke and it only has two courses. they announced that tiger woods 15 was cancelled so i might pick up TW14 since it wont be outdated for a couple of years. does anyone here play that? i just want to play Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds but i don't have a ps3 anymore

Hot shots was the shit. I remember the originals, fun as hell.
In case you're interested, you can play PGA with the 3 click system, it's in the options.

momadaddy
07-08-2013, 05:08 PM
well i bit the bullet and got tw14. installing it on my hdd now. i think roc plays it if i can remember right. i cant get into anything since the reel went down. maybe this game will bite me. it came with digital code for a year of golf digest. choice of digital or mail. if anyone is interested in that just pm me.

PoppySquidJr
07-08-2013, 05:25 PM
well i bit the bullet and got tw14. installing it on my hdd now. i think roc plays it if i can remember right. i cant get into anything since the reel went down. maybe this game will bite me. it came with digital code for a year of golf digest. choice of digital or mail. if anyone is interested in that just pm me.

Does PGA 14 require a code to be able to play online? I think my brother has the game so I can play with ya if it doesn't need a code.

momadaddy
07-08-2013, 06:49 PM
ea ditched all the online passes. no game needs them anymore. it will be easy for any ea skater to pick up with the swing being very close to the flickit system

PoppySquidJr
07-08-2013, 08:29 PM
ea ditched all the online passes. no game needs them anymore. it will be easy for any ea skater to pick up with the swing being very close to the flickit system

14 still has it :/
Just checked, playing it now but can't play online.

Antwan
07-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Yeah.. I was wondering.
I heard it was for future titles and 14 came out pretty quickly after I heard about it.
That shits dumb man. I never did play battlefield 3 multiplayer. Aceholes.

PoppySquidJr
07-09-2013, 01:28 AM
Yeah.. I was wondering.
I heard it was for future titles and 14 came out pretty quickly after I heard about it.
That shits dumb man. I never did play battlefield 3 multiplayer. Aceholes.

Man, that's like the only part of BF3 worth playing IMO. Shame that EA had to pull that crap, and they only stopped to make them *look* like good guys because xbox one (EA's audience is drastically larger on xbox than ps3) had originally planned that harsh DRM that made their codes not matter.

I might drop the points on a code if a couple of you guys push the idea of wanting to play online. PGA is the most chill fucking game to play with cool dudes.

momadaddy
07-09-2013, 08:22 PM
i just played my first online match and i didnt have to enter any codes. i'm going to make sure i don't need mine but if i don't someone who will use it is welcome to it

PoppySquidJr
07-09-2013, 09:14 PM
i just played my first online match and i didnt have to enter any codes. i'm going to make sure i don't need mine but if i don't someone who will use it is welcome to it
Wait seriously? Fuck mang, I'll have to give it a go sometime. Add me if you haven't already! EDIT: I added you instead since I was already on the box. Accept that shit, we need to tee off some time

momadaddy
07-13-2013, 06:58 PM
so i played my first game of 18 hole stroke online today. it matches you based on skill. i played some random dude. i was down by two strokes then i got a hole in one on the 13th and 16th hole. never got one before that. felt good. these games are really fun to play. you can tweek everything to fit your skill level. well worth a buy

PoppySquidJr
07-13-2013, 08:25 PM
so i played my first game of 18 hole stroke online today. it matches you based on skill. i played some random dude. i was down by two strokes then i got a hole in one on the 13th and 16th hole. never got one before that. felt good. these games are really fun to play. you can tweek everything to fit your skill level. well worth a buy

Bro we need to tee up. When are you on?

momadaddy
07-15-2013, 11:17 AM
my schedule blows with this job i have now. most days i have to get up at 430 am east coast. so i'm usually asleep by the time everyone else is online. i miss staying up all night gaming with people

PoppySquidJr
07-15-2013, 09:34 PM
my schedule blows with this job i have now. most days i have to get up at 430 am east coast. so i'm usually asleep by the time everyone else is online. i miss staying up all night gaming with people

Ah, I hear ya. If you can get on any normal hour in a day I can work a way into it (still college age for me, summer break and all)