PDA

View Full Version : XBOX ONE Fanboys Petitioning to Bring Back the Restrictions....WTF

ItsFJ
07-25-2013, 03:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAyapQayGOw
lol

PoppySquidJr
07-25-2013, 09:34 AM
I don't see why anyone's surprised. Xbox team planned this all along. They removed "great features" (actually misleading features that don't do half of what they're implied to do) as a "result" of removing the DRM (it really had nothing to do with it) trying to get people to want it back. Welcome to manipulative business.

Hitmanx123
07-25-2013, 11:59 AM
been had seen this. I dont care, just buy the fucking console and get it over with. im tired of hearing why you should or shouldnt buy these stupid nex gen consoles.

Hitmanx123
07-25-2013, 12:12 PM
but yes...this whole "get the restrictions back" thing is dumb. the only thing i'd want back is my baby back ribs

MarcoPoloUSN
07-25-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm just going to play GTA V on Xbox 360. Nothing else matters.

emericaridr11
07-25-2013, 01:30 PM

i like your thinking

Hitmanx123
07-25-2013, 02:36 PM
DAT FUCKIN GTA V THO!

XImortalDEATHX
07-25-2013, 03:44 PM

Hell yeah. Only 53 days left.

darius-dj
07-25-2013, 03:52 PM
lmao

momadaddy
07-25-2013, 04:44 PM
the xbone will be fine a few years from now. look at how much the 360 has changed since launch. 24 hour check in was stupid. it should be like 7 days but the biggest mistake they made was caving to the peoples bitching. always online is the future of gaming weather people are ready to admit it or not. people fucking hated steam when it launched from what i hear but look at it now.

PoppySquidJr
07-25-2013, 07:59 PM
the xbone will be fine a few years from now. look at how much the 360 has changed since launch. 24 hour check in was stupid. it should be like 7 days but the biggest mistake they made was caving to the peoples bitching. always online is the future of gaming weather people are ready to admit it or not. people fucking hated steam when it launched from what i hear but look at it now.

Steam has the constant competition of every other digital distribution site, standalone PC disc sales, and easier piracy. This leads to good sales, good quality maintenance, and extra features to keep the consumer happy. Not to mention Steam has no subscription fees or anything, the base system is 100% free. A console being always online will not have such competition. Digital purchases will be full retail for an extremely long time with little to no discounts, Microsoft has already proven themselves shady with their treatment of customer accounts, and the whole REASON consoles are still relevant today is because they don't require the same kind of purchases and connection that PC gaming does. If consoles go always online, consoles will go obsolete. They're already leaning towards being more expensive than a custom-built PC of the same quality.

Hitmanx123
07-26-2013, 09:09 AM
Steam has the constant competition of every other digital distribution site, standalone PC disc sales, and easier piracy. This leads to good sales, good quality maintenance, and extra features to keep the consumer happy. Not to mention Steam has no subscription fees or anything, the base system is 100% free. A console being always online will not have such competition. Digital purchases will be full retail for an extremely long time with little to no discounts, Microsoft has already proven themselves shady with their treatment of customer accounts, and the whole REASON consoles are still relevant today is because they don't require the same kind of purchases and connection that PC gaming does. If consoles go always online, consoles will go obsolete. They're already leaning towards being more expensive than a custom-built PC of the same quality.

yea all the digital games that have been out for a year are still about full price. i mena $20 less is nic ebut youre still paying $40 for a game that isnt even that good. the fact that there are only a few "try before you buy" games out there is fact that micrsoft will continue to push exclusives unto the consumer without the consumer even having a choice of seeing if they like it.
if EVERY game had a demo and i mean EVERY game im sure that people would feel much better baout buyng a game full price, vs trying to see if a friend has it so they can try it to see if they like it.
its funny to me because the windows phones app store's apps all have a trial option at which point you can buy the game anytime.

and the fact that halo 4 is still $40 on the market place even after a year after its come out is kind of surprising to me. its a good game but i personally think any game after year should at least be half price, just to make it fair to those who want to buy but dont have that extra to get it. dlc drives most of these "exclusives" anyway. i'd like to see a stand alone game last 3 months without dlc.

PoppySquidJr
07-26-2013, 12:24 PM
if EVERY game had a demo and i mean EVERY game im sure that people would feel much better baout buyng a game full price, vs trying to see if a friend has it so they can try it to see if they like it.

And the latter is what xbox (and the misinformed petitioners) are trying to get rid of. I don't see why anyone would support these restrictions, it ruins all sale confidence.

Hitmanx123
07-26-2013, 01:32 PM
And the latter is what xbox (and the misinformed petitioners) are trying to get rid of. I don't see why anyone would support these restrictions, it ruins all sale confidence.

that and it ruins lives.

im happy with the current xbone we are going to get now. the kinect thing will be cool, everyone knows it. as much as some people ar elike "its a gimmick, ill never use it" you KNOW the firs ttime you say "xbox on" and it turns on, your gunna be like "....okay that was actually kinda tight...okay fuck it thsi is sick". i just want to play skate 3 on xbox huan so i can record footage without having a cap card...ONLY reason i want BC

PoppySquidJr
07-26-2013, 01:41 PM
that and it ruins lives.

im happy with the current xbone we are going to get now. the kinect thing will be cool, everyone knows it. as much as some people ar elike "its a gimmick, ill never use it" you KNOW the firs ttime you say "xbox on" and it turns on, your gunna be like "....okay that was actually kinda tight...okay fuck it thsi is sick". i just want to play skate 3 on xbox huan so i can record footage without having a cap card...ONLY reason i want BC

The kinect is actually one of the reasons I really don't want it. Call me paranoid, but I don't like having a camera/microphone that is required to always be on as long as the xbox is plugged in. If it was completely optional, and you could buy the xbox without it for a reasonable price, then maybe, but as it stands it's $100 more than the PS4 with less favorable features and the kinect, while some people like it, just isn't for me.

emericaridr11
07-26-2013, 01:55 PM
GameCast

Stokenstein
07-26-2013, 07:18 PM
The kinect is actually one of the reasons I really don't want it. Call me paranoid, but I don't like having a camera/microphone that is required to always be on as long as the xbox is plugged in. If it was completely optional, and you could buy the xbox without it for a reasonable price, then maybe, but as it stands it's $100 more than the PS4 with less favorable features and the kinect, while some people like it, just isn't for me.

Do you have a cell phone that has a microphone and is always connected to a tower? Wifi? Do you have a webcam on your computer? A keyboard that can have a keylogger read it's every input? If people were worried about their privacy, there should have been an uproar eons ago. Having a Kinect looking at your couch watching and listening to you crunch cheetos in your boxers is about the least of my worries when it comes to privacy.

Did you know that a 3-D map of your home can be made via your WiFi signal? You're worried about Kinect? Come on.

People are just complaining to complain.

Doesn't the PS4 controller have a microphone in it?

PoppySquidJr
07-26-2013, 08:05 PM
Do you have a cell phone that has a microphone and is always connected to a tower? Wifi? Do you have a webcam on your computer? A keyboard that can have a keylogger read it's every input? If people were worried about their privacy, there should have been an uproar eons ago. Having a Kinect looking at your couch watching and listening to you crunch cheetos in your boxers is about the least of my worries when it comes to privacy.

Did you know that a 3-D map of your home can be made via your WiFi signal? You're worried about Kinect? Come on.

People are just complaining to complain.

Doesn't the PS4 controller have a microphone in it?

My webcam is taped over, it's the camera moreso than the mic. Mic doesn't bother me that much. Anything I own with a camera on it is taped over the lens if it doesn't have a lens cover.
NOTE: Blocking out the kinect camera will cause the xbox to stop functioning until you unblock it.

m.seven
07-26-2013, 10:16 PM
i'm sticking with my PS3..all the back and forth bullshit about who's fucking who between Sony and Microsoft fanboys has just left me feeling sour toward next gen.

Seanne1986
07-27-2013, 05:27 AM
I don't give a rats ass about if someone is watching or hearing me. I think it's messed up that they first had all these restrictions, then they removed them, and now they want us to shake their hands and grab a beer with them and be bestfriends? fuck off..

PoppySquidJr
07-27-2013, 01:47 PM
I don't give a rats ass about if someone is watching or hearing me. I think it's messed up that they first had all these restrictions, then they removed them, and now they want us to shake their hands and grab a beer with them and be bestfriends? fuck off..

Yea I agree to this too. Although in similarity to m.seven's regards, I'm holding off on next-gen for as long as I possibly can.