PDA

View Full Version : Beef of the Boards: Long and short

Legba
12-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Hey all,

I had to do a lil mini doc for a multimedia journalism class I'm taking, and thought a handful of you might care to see it.

It's about the stupid beef that goes on between skaters and longboarders around here.

I edited it in two parts (long and short), so here they are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKxKXeAmQfg

Legba
12-11-2013, 06:11 PM
The long side:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpr4Zp3jT4k

Tilburr
12-11-2013, 07:56 PM
The only real problem that should have been documented is mongo pushing. Everyone can agree mongo pushing is the stupidest form of whatever in life. Good video though.

Legba
12-11-2013, 08:18 PM
^ Agreed, but then I'd have to search for a proud mongo pusher....who's willing to be filmed! lol

Thanks homes

Muhzzy
12-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Good work on the videos man. I picked up longboarding about 4 years ago and got into it big-time, I did so much more than just riding down hills and such, I loved it. Just too cold for it now. I never had an issue with anyone about it. It's actually weird to see people have some beef over it. Although, there was beef between different longboarders here in DE. Always thought it was weird because all they did was ride down a hill, I guess they fought over who was the better "hill shredder." That's Delaware for you.

SK8ERatWAR
12-14-2013, 07:18 AM
I hate both skateboarders and longboarders, just a bunch of no good lazy criminals, GET A JOB!

Legba
12-15-2013, 03:03 PM
Muhzzy: Yeah, everything's about a scene around here. There's usually some friction when two scenes are doing the same thing in different ways. I ride 3 different types of boards, so I do tricks and cruise, and love them both. But I will admit, longboarding as a fad/trend here is kind of irritating. Too many people dont wanna take the time to get to know the community and whatnot. Now a beef between longboarders who roll differently is somehow even more ridiculous!

Sk8eratWAR: Damn hooligans! Sadly, I do catch myself feeling like that at times when I havent skated in a month due to work/school and I see these grown ass dudes who skate all day and just drink all night. Envy steps in.

SK8ERatWAR
12-16-2013, 03:28 AM
yeah man, I hear ya, I know the feeling, for me it's more of an envy towards talent though, best thing I can do on a skateboard is a shove-it and a smithstall, So I actually bought a cruiser just so I don't have to explain to people why I can't do a freaking kickflip haha. I also just thoroughly enjoy the feeling of riding a board, everytime I'm on foot I just think, why the fuck didn't I bring my board!?

thesignguy
12-16-2013, 06:24 AM
The only real problem that should have been documented is mongo pushing. Everyone can agree mongo pushing is the stupidest form of whatever in life. Good video though.

I can agree thats the stupidest comment. I can see in the skate game this being true even though I fought it for a long time. If you learn to push mongo, why the fuck is that a bad thing?
Skateboarding is not about what you or I think is cool. If you think that YOU have been doing it wrong the entire time.

EDIT: I'll come back and view the video, for some reason my flash flaked out and I need a restart