PDA

View Full Version : How do you plan to film your intros for videos?

Bonksz
12-19-2013, 11:35 PM
Since we have people on this forum that film EA Skate videos and real life videos how do you guys go about filming intros? Do you plan it out? Wing it? Always been curious how other people go about intros or an overall edit.

Muhzzy
12-20-2013, 01:40 AM
Like an intro to a full length type video or an intro that you put at the beginning of every video?

XImortalDEATHX
12-20-2013, 05:23 AM
Personally I'd try to match it with the mood of the video. i.e I'm not gonna make some super dramatic intro to a video if I'm doing stupid tricks, and vice versa.

I usually tend to do the intro after I'm done filming everything else.

eastcoastskateboard1
12-20-2013, 07:58 AM
I basically jst think of something in my head that is sicker than what I made the last time I edited a video and it goes from there

Kinky-
12-20-2013, 09:14 AM
I'd often go with the music.
If the song is slow and acapella I might go with some slow-mo clips or bails with an old camera effect or something.
If the song is fast with a good beat I'd change the clip on each beat.

momadaddy
12-20-2013, 01:00 PM
film a shit ton of broll. like 50x more than you need. then pick what fits. i always like when people put bails or them trying something hard in the intro and then use the clip of them landing it later in the video.

Granka
12-20-2013, 01:50 PM
film a shit ton of broll. like 50x more than you need. then pick what fits. i always like when people put bails or them trying something hard in the intro and then use the clip of them landing it later in the video.
This ^^

Muhzzy
12-20-2013, 05:27 PM

Yes

Bonksz
12-22-2013, 07:58 PM

I was thinking that but i was also going to try to do what i did for my film class in high school and see how it works. I usually listened to the song, wrote down the shots and how i wanted them. Then when i got that figured out i was going to talk to the two people in the video and see how they feel about it. I know it may seem like a bit much but majority of the times i just wing it for a video and it feels like im not giving it 100% towards it and ends up becoming shitty to me.

Roccityroller
12-24-2013, 06:30 AM
It's always been my opinion that your intro should be organic. that is, should come from b-roll captured throughout the process of filming. you should be filming b-roll every time you go out. the reason being is it keeps the intro from feeling forced. now people can get an idea of the spots, locations, etc from the intro and the get excited for the rest of the video.