PDA

View Full Version : Holla.

JadedSkater
01-30-2014, 01:36 AM
Been playing skate off and on for years, and just recently dug 3 out again to show a buddy who had never played.

Got him hooked and he ordered the game and bought a PS3 the next day.

I'm kinda over the whole massive super ultra mega online competition business now and just trying to focus on creative and realistic street skating.

I just finally got interested in making videos and learned how to use the advanced cameras, only to find that EA pulled the rug out from under the whole skate.reel business. I never even got to mess with the graphic creator.

That's probably enough rambling to prove I'm not a bot...

d22d223
01-30-2014, 01:43 AM
Been playing skate off and on for years, and just recently dug 3 out again to show a buddy who had never played.

Got him hooked and he ordered the game and bought a PS3 the next day.

I'm kinda over the whole massive super ultra mega online competition business now and just trying to focus on creative and realistic street skating.

I just finally got interested in making videos and learned how to use the advanced cameras, only to find that EA pulled the rug out from under the whole skate.reel business. I never even got to mess with the graphic creator.

That's probably enough rambling to prove I'm not a bot...

well lucky you. ps3 if im not mistaken you can still upload to youtube

EmmitBrown
01-30-2014, 02:07 AM
Welcome.

JadedSkater
01-30-2014, 10:45 AM
well lucky you. ps3 if im not mistaken you can still upload to youtube

Yeah if I can ever get it working. That's how I stumbled on this site.

It's looking like I'm going to need to create a new Youtube account since my current one is linked to GMail and Google+.

JadedSkater
01-31-2014, 12:43 AM
Well fluck, no luck thus far with exporting to the new Youtube account.

If there's anyone out there still playing on the PS3 and looking for someone to skate with, feel free to friend me.

PSN: JadedOfive

I've got some crappy clips of me doing tricks you've seen a million times. Not to be missed.

XImortalDEATHX
01-31-2014, 11:20 AM
I used to be into the whole Mega park crap, too; fluorescent clothing, easy mode etc. Probably because i was 11 at the time.

It still is crazy to me how people keep on joining the site this late in. Welcome.

JadedSkater
01-31-2014, 11:39 AM
I used to be into the whole Mega park crap, too; fluorescent clothing, easy mode etc. Probably because i was 11 at the time.

It still is crazy to me how people keep on joining the site this late in. Welcome.

Thanks! Wish I had found this place sooner. Ya know...like before EA raped skate.reel. Oh well.

If anyone has any cool realistic street parks let me know (although I'm not sure how to hunt down specific parks, search feature?).

JadedSkater
03-07-2014, 10:31 AM
So I got really busy and haven't been back in a while, but since I'm going through another Skate3 binge figured I'd stop back in here.

Never did get the whole youtube BS working, but oh well. Maybe I'll get a cap card or something.

The bigger news is that after not skating for like 8 years, I got the itch again and bought a new board.

Getting really pumped as the snow melts outside, and I can't wait to get back out there. Found out recently there's a small community skate park a mile or 2 from my house, and a nice indoor park within 30 mins. I always sucked and pretty much just hurt myself, but it sure is fucking fun. I'm going to force myself to go back to basics and try and learn right and get comfortable before getting caught up in the "omg i cant even olliez" bullshit.

That's all for now, cheers mates!

JadedSkater
03-11-2014, 10:38 AM
Just got OG skate yesterday and I forgot just how good the game was. Ordered it when I realized I never actually owned it, only got to play it at friend's houses back before I had a PS3. By the time I got my PS3 skate 2 was already out, and I played the shit out of that until skate 3 was released.

galopes
03-11-2014, 01:19 PM
for me was a surprise too when i came back to play s3 and discovered that reel was tooken off but i'm using youtube uploader ( is says ea error like 4 times, but still trying that will work )

Antwan
03-11-2014, 06:21 PM
If you guys are still rocking a windows computer there are capture devices around 50$
Quality isn't great, pay more for better quality I suppose.
If it's a badass windows PC there are methods to bring it up though.

Nothing beats throwing In OG and just cruising, even a month later.
Personally skate 2 is my favorite, but they all feel so different.
It's fun to cycle between the three.

I hear ya about the weather too,
Just had a session today, kicked my ass.
All that hibernating.

So welcome then, if you have questions,
I would use the search function first.
Done it for years, threads everywhere.

blitzkow
03-13-2014, 04:28 PM

aren't you like 12 now... <3
welcome man, hope you find your place here.

XImortalDEATHX
03-13-2014, 04:43 PM
aren't you like 12 now... <3
welcome man, hope you find your place here.

Go die.

Antwan
03-15-2014, 03:46 PM
Response to my previous..
If you guys are ever interested in the 50$ capture device I dug up some links.

You'll need an S-Video Cable:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=univeral%20s%20video%20cable

Three Female Splitters:
http://www.amazon.com/Video-Audio-Splitter-Adapter-Female/dp/B003L1AI8O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394923046&sr=8-1&keywords=female+splitter

And a Dazzle DVC 100:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004GHHVWI/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Prices seem to change often on amazon, I got everything here for 50$ even a few years back.
Should run you like 70$ now, which isn't bad if you know how to boost quality.
Other Devices are up to 150$ Plus
It's just about formats and settings..
it'll save you so much money if you have a decent computer to boost the quality.
and thus;;

Reference videos:

Just skip a few seconds in, look at the picture and close it, then look at the next one.

Recent Skate Video,
What the Dazzle DVC 100 Produces WITH OUT boosting quality:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cayf4f8AsI

Old Skate Tutorial,
Dazzle DVC 100, WITH Boosted Quality:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ3te52X9OQ

In comparison;
As you can see, A decent computer setup and the right program & settings, can get it looking pretty damn good.

If anyone wants to know what settings I use, How to setup the capture device, etc.
Just hit me up. It's really very simple once you understand it.

Hope it helps someone.

Antwan
03-16-2014, 04:41 AM
I've heard good things about Roxio too.. 54.99$ by the way
http://www.amazon.com/Roxio-248400-Game-Capture/dp/B004QMUIO6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1394969877&sr=8-3&keywords=roxio

emericaridr11
03-16-2014, 09:02 AM
honestly I wouldnt spend 50-70 on that CapCard..... when you can just Craigslist a Pvr for just as cheap now days

(obviously Denver but just for proof)
$60 - http://denver.craigslist.org/vgm/4374221851.html
$70 - http://denver.craigslist.org/emd/4348526503.html

they are becoming cheaper now

Antwan
03-16-2014, 11:44 AM
Hey, there's an option.
Good stuff Man.

You use craigslist much?
I don't know that I trust people that much anymore haha.

Do you need certain PC specs for the pvr as well?
Only reason I was suggesting sub-par capture devices.

emericaridr11
03-16-2014, 11:53 AM
Hey, there's an option.
Good stuff Man.

You use craigslist much?
I don't know that I trust people that much anymore haha.

Do you need certain PC specs for the pvr as well?
Only reason I was suggesting sub-par capture devices.

honestly Ive had really good luck with Craigslist, mostly computer stuff and cars (also bought my xbox and pvr from there)
I really like it, just gotta talk with the people for a few days to make sure they arent going to do something wild

aywho from what Ive read and heard the HdPvr specifically doesnt harness much CPU/RAM Power, so it actually works rather good on lower end PCs
I have a Mac though so I cant confirm this... but even on my mac my Pvr seems to run smoother than my Easycap

dont be sketched of CL, its really awesome I think