PDA

View Full Version : THE FUTURE

Demzilla
02-12-2014, 09:00 AM
so...
i know a few know...
i know a lot dont...

the reason a lot dont is because things are at extremely early stages...

im sure if you dig around the net you could find it but...
the reason we that know have not said anything is because the importance of this project and what it means for us is so close to our hearts we would all end up dos attack these people with SHIT WE WANT...
IF YOU DO FIND IT PLEASE BE KEEP IT TO YOURSELF...
we do not want to discurage the cow before we try to milk it for everything its worth..
remember....regular people doing regular jobs just trying to make something amazing happen...
lets respect that..

trust me...
everything you want is there and being worked on...
trust me...

again...
we have not said anything because we want the people on the project to work on the project and not emails...

we all have ideas that are amazing...
but what we all need more importantly is the infrastructure to even do anything...
basically lets wait till the baby is born before we decide what cloths to put on it....
and as of now this baby was conceived like 3 days ago....
its a metaphor but you understand the idea...

this is my thread for updates...
videos will be posted..
information will be given...
im sure someone will find it and spoil the beans for everyone...
but i do ask one thing....

we all are aware of what fantastic and terrible things the internet mobs are capable of doing....
we know dreams can come true and dreams can be destroyed...

all i ask is for fluckit to relax and just be happy that somebody is working on something for us...

when it becomes time for the people behind the scenes to need guidance...FLUCKIT WILL BE THE FIRST...

but for now...
we arent even building the hype train yet..
we got plans...
we got rail tracks to put down...
but most importantly...

we have a lot of time to wait...
please be patient...

sidenote...
go ahead and wish or want to w.e. you like in the this thread..
just know that if a wishlist or want thread becomes useful to those on the project we will have a new thread for it in the blink of an eye...

thanks everyone...

fluckit loves you..
demzilla loves you...

everyone cross everything you have and get the brain boiling...

i am a snail
02-12-2014, 09:45 AM
what a thread to come back to

good luck on whatever this ends up becoming demz if anyone can pull it off its you

mamba12
02-12-2014, 09:49 AM
/jizz

thesignguy
02-12-2014, 09:57 AM
I'm already getting excited. Wasn't at first but I was curious.
I don't get the silence though? He's been here and not mentioned anything, but then I see him elsewhere asking peeps to spread the word.
Like I said... I don't get the hush hush

i am a snail
02-12-2014, 10:02 AM
I'm already getting excited. Wasn't at first but I was curious.
I don't get the silence though? He's been here and not mentioned anything, but then I see him elsewhere asking peeps to spread the word.
Like I said... I don't get the hush hush
could just be he wants people to KNOW but he's just afraid of saying too much for fear of getting everyone's hopes up?

Demzilla
02-12-2014, 10:25 AM
snail this is not my adventure...
i just sent a few messages and let them know we have there back and good luck...
if they have questions or need anything...

sg..
this community is a group of rabid dogs..
i wouldnt say anything either untill something was more concrete...
thats why i ask everyone to patient..

they will see this eventually...
i just want to show support and not albert them down there throats...

we wait now and hope..
its the best thing we can do...

momadaddy
02-12-2014, 10:29 AM
lets see. i am hoping that this becomes something

i am a snail
02-12-2014, 10:39 AM
eh i didn't know if you were involved in this in any way, and this is definitely the first i am hearing of anything. let us know if anything more comes though, i'm watching like a hawk.

NotedDerk
02-12-2014, 11:31 AM
Didn't see it was on the DL and I made a post about it a minute ago, one of you guys got it already though.
Can we delete our own threads? I looked and couldn't find anything.

Glad to see this being made though.

bohemian
02-12-2014, 12:18 PM
ive been struggeling to decipher the op, which pretty much seems like random collections of words. :p are you trying to tell us there is a new skategame in early stages of development? if so, yea!

emericaridr11
02-12-2014, 12:31 PM
but I dont have a Iphone...... ahahahahahahaaaaaa just messin

wild thread Demz!!!!!!
me confused, but still saw the "action" happen

edit: haha nevermind found that shits... and WOW

crni1976
02-12-2014, 01:30 PM
Off the record, on the QT, and very hush-hush

thesignguy
02-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Here it is in simple terms so all can understand.
We got a new member back a while ago. I got to talking with him in here. He never mentioned anything as to what he was up to. He started following my artwork page on another site. I noticed the name so checked out his page on that site. It then led me to his blog which had (at that time) a very rough video of a new game in the works. He is supposedly linked to the og dev team. He has since updated his site with new videos that are actually looking good with similar commands to flicket. Honestly it is just stuff that a talented 3d modeling guy can do with a home pc at this point. I know nothing of his backing or current employment. He seems motivated but that's all I know.

I told Demz to see if maybe he knew something or could find out something. I think Demz is concerned that "albert-like" peoples could get wind of this and taint it in some way. I personally don't see that happening because I don't think anyone wouldn't see past a guy like that for who he was, and if they did then the end product would be crap anyway.

A thread like this kind of bums me out because now good peeps think they are being left out of something (which they aren't) but I could see people taking it the wrong way.

The dude is asking people to spread the word but he comes in here and never says a damn thing. Kind of weird to not mention it to the ones that would obviously be interested but then tell randoms that come across his site or video to spread the word. But maybe there is something to what Demz is holding back for and I know nothing.

P.S. I have a FB account I just can't ignore a friend

i am a snail
02-12-2014, 02:48 PM
edit: did the digging and i love what's there so far, excited to see what all comes of it. it's cool to discover something like it while it's still in its infancy too, i'll enjoy following this. now that ive seen it i can understand the secrecy a bit just because the whole thing is still so young to begin with. i'm hyped though, for what it's worth.

oKwiider
02-12-2014, 03:41 PM
had to dig it up because im a nosey little bugger. but honestly i find the developmental process of a project to be the most interesting part. (going to stay away from the baby metaphors) . but yea just something to keep my eye on. i get the whole hush hush thing, it makes sense and im sure those who manage to dig it up will be adult about it. for the most part this community, even if were rabid dogs, were still a pack and when push comes to shove we can come to a mutual understandings about things.

FullyFl4RED00
02-12-2014, 04:26 PM
Yay

NotedDerk
02-12-2014, 08:25 PM
I think Demz is concerned that "albert-like" peoples could get wind of this and taint it in some way.

If they do find out about it, him and his band of children will heckle him to death. (probably take credit as well) I can see why it's best to be a secret at this stage. Nothing would piss me off more then to start creating something like this and a hundred fuckers just sending me message after message 'ADD BACKWARDS TILTED HATS WITH BANDANAS UNDER THEM TO YOUR GAME' or 'MAKE CREATE A PARK BETTER!' and he has barely scratched the surface. Shit like that would cause me to quit the project entirely. I hope it all goes well and we are blessed with another skateboarding game.

i am a snail
02-12-2014, 08:42 PM
'ADD BACKWARDS TILTED HATS WITH BANDANAS UNDER THEM TO YOUR GAME' or 'MAKE CREATE A PARK BETTER!'
"add colored griptape"
"wheres the megaramp"
"yeah but will there be tricklining"

oKwiider
02-12-2014, 09:40 PM
but just so were clear these things are not totally out of the question?

i mean it has been proven time and time again that wearing your cap backwards improves your preformance.

crni1976
02-13-2014, 12:30 AM
This actually feels like a genuine and promising undertaking, provided the developers will stick to the basic premises they are laying out, carved in digital stone. Siked to see where it goes. ..

Slamooh
02-13-2014, 01:33 AM
ive been struggeling to decipher the op, which pretty much seems like random collections of words. :p are you trying to tell us there is a new skategame in early stages of development? if so, yea!

same here :cool:

i don't get the point of this "i know, you don't know, but something's happenin, and if you finally know don't say a word" to be honest
if they want to keep it secret, because of some potential threat, why don't they just shut up ?

Jebotek
02-13-2014, 01:43 AM
Yeah might would've been better to hold that back till we can actually discuss it

Zobitembois
02-13-2014, 02:52 AM
Cool ! I'm excited, but don't know really why. Feels weird.

Razorlike Blue
02-13-2014, 06:37 AM
Yeah might would've been better to hold that back till we can actually discuss it

Agreed. I can just see this ending with Demz assassinating people, and Mamba deleting fluckit. something... something... words.

Neat though.

DRDIRKS
02-13-2014, 03:00 PM
excited.

XImortalDEATHX
02-13-2014, 03:43 PM
Found it, looks really promising for one guy and his free time. I can understand keeping it on the dl. Good luck to him.

bengrover
02-14-2014, 01:30 AM
Im so useless at digging. But I feel so in the loop whilst still being out the loop. Its great.

Keeping it hush sounds like the best idea. I'll be watching this like a hawk, in the shadows.

Edit: turns out I can dig.

BluntLabs
02-14-2014, 03:04 AM
Hi Everyone,

Where to start?

I could ramble on and on about making a new skateboarding sim. My wife will testify to that. Poor woman either has to listen to me talk about it, or get completely ignored while I work on it.

Currently, I use my blog as an outlet to express my passion for the skateboard, reminisce about the development of OG Skate, and also document the progress on my hobby.

I could probably do that here. But I respect this community too much. It isn't a place for me to advertise or promote.

At the same time, I have dropped a few breadcrumbs over the interweb. I was hoping to get a few hits, understand how the whole social media thing works, iterate on the look of the blog, etc...

I was pretty sure this community would discover the project. I was just hoping that it would be in reasonable shape before you all did. You all would, and should, be the biggest critics and skeptics.

@Demz - Thanks for introducing Project Blank to the community and the positive words.

@TheSignGuy - Stay wary. This is, at least for now, just some dude's hobby and a collection of his ramblings.

Thanks,
BL

Jebotek
02-14-2014, 03:23 AM
Cool
Can't wait to see how this is going to turn out
Overall OG still feels better then the Rest

crni1976
02-14-2014, 03:46 AM
Cool you decided to check in and lift a tip of the proverbial veil. Heartfelt is the word that comes to mind as I read and sift through your words and growing collection of ramblings as you put it.

I already find pleasure in your progress and am very much looking forward to see where you will take it.

Sincerely,

Zobitembois
02-14-2014, 03:47 AM
Found it ! Looks promising. Good luck to anyone working on it. But why not talking openly about it, when all is accessible via facebook ? Not my business, but keep up the good work.

thesignguy
02-14-2014, 05:03 AM
Awesome man, I hope you continue to work on your project. Even though arguably the most passionate market for your venture is all right here... We all know this isn't a sustainable size market for a profitable outcome. We are just too small. I will tell you there are some very talented members here. We have not only the most gifted to exploit the video game (sounds so cheesy but true) we also have very gifted real world folks: photographers, video editors, music, artists, business owners, talk show host haha and even professional skaters and former creators of Skate. They are all members here.

If there is anything we can do to help or brainstorm or just save your marriage haha
We will be here.

Good luck man and from all of us at Fluckit.... Welcome

XImortalDEATHX
02-14-2014, 02:38 PM
Found it ! Looks promising. Good luck to anyone working on it. But why not talking openly about it, when all is accessible via facebook ? Not my business, but keep up the good work.
So people like Albert don't try mess with it. I imagine if this does grow more and more, he'll find out about it, but I'm hoping it'll be too large at that point for him to be of any threat.

saunders420
02-15-2014, 10:44 AM
Dude just Keeps on Rolling. I have complete faith in his enjoyment on development...thats passion. That feeling is coming back. OG demo days :) keeping my fingers crossed

DuMularn
02-15-2014, 04:01 PM
please God new Gen Skate game!

EmmitBrown
02-15-2014, 04:36 PM
Oooh I hope this means The Beginning of Nothing will finally drop! Haha

i am a snail
02-16-2014, 12:11 PM
Oooh I hope this means The Beginning of Nothing will finally drop! Haha

or "we are fluckit"

GSB MLP I-XL
02-17-2014, 08:47 AM
The project is looking good so far. Interested in seeing the progress and final product of this.

emericaridr11
02-20-2014, 09:09 AM
so sorry if this is out of Line.... but Bluntlabs is looking for some Constructive Criticism (I think), so Im gonna blow the Cover..... sorry yall
I feel if the homie wants some criticism, why not mostly fluckit-ers (certainly dont want Rise to rule that action)

so again sorry to Demz/Signguy if you think this is Out of Line, Delete it, no worries....... otherwise head here and lets help a brother out

http://www.projectblank.org/

thesignguy
02-20-2014, 09:27 AM
Doesn't bother me. He has a account here and has commented in this thread so...........

bengrover
02-20-2014, 11:22 AM
Seems like he wants to get the word out and get feedback, and after several people have let him know about here you'd think it would be the most suitable place to ask.

Edit: Also, Tony Hawk and Activision just confirmed they're working on a new title, for anyone that cares.

GSB MLP I-XL
02-21-2014, 11:57 AM
Edit: Also, Tony Hawk and Activision just confirmed they're working on a new title, for anyone that cares.
I think they're aiming mostly for mobile devices though. :(

momadaddy
02-21-2014, 01:20 PM
the dude working on this is super nice. we should all support it to the fullest

NotedDerk
02-21-2014, 05:29 PM
Everyone should sign up for the forums on his website, there is only 6 members on it now, including myself.

bengrover
02-22-2014, 04:06 AM
Someone agreed with my comment in the forum, that dude also commented on an Albert vid. I hope thats where the connection to them starts and stops.

Monk
02-25-2014, 05:04 PM
i can somewhat read between the lines on this.. so Cuz finally got a supporter and is backing a new skate game with everything we wanted in the first place? :)

Antwan
02-28-2014, 05:11 PM
I'd rather know a project was trying to make ground than have it disappear.
Already spreading the word to friends.
I've done a bit of flicking on the IOS and this is what I think of.
If you can make it into a full fledged, third person sim..
then we will be rolling.
Until then I can still respect efforts, and from the way ea did blackbox..
You've got nothing but love from us here.
More power to ya, keep us updated when you can.
In fact, ea skate was such a moving experience for most skateboarders..
Even if you can't get the animations, I'm sure you'd find someone who would be willing to fill the part and get freaky with some balls all over them, just to have something new to skate on.
Jokes aside, when you think it's ready you should go public, there's no way people wouldn't back it.
Obviously going public has its downsides, gotta do what ya gotta do though.
No rush, have fun, let us know how and if we can help.

replicant
03-02-2014, 11:35 AM
I like to flip things and I approve of these animations thus far.

Antwan
03-03-2014, 02:45 AM
Crazy thing is dude says it's just the psychics in play.
He hasn't even animated yet..

replicant
03-04-2014, 06:39 AM
Crazy thing is dude says it's just the psychics in play.
He hasn't even animated yet..
It's pretty much semantics when it comes to this situation.
The ollie, kickflips, and heelflips are physics based interactions.
However, at the same time they are animated in their reactions.
Many people will only consider "animation" to the correct term when the sum of the parts interact more.
IE: Your avatar on the board pushing down a street.

bohemian
03-04-2014, 07:01 AM
http://global3.memecdn.com/the-bright-side_o_1776711.jpg

Antwan
03-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Haha
I won't say I know more than the next guy about it.
That's how he responded to talk about animation on the blog.
He, assuming its cuz, don't think even that's been revealed.
I don't know that cuz was really into development on the first skate.
Haven't read into though, may do that sometime actually.
Argue the points all you like, just give me another skate sim.

Minister
03-04-2014, 09:29 AM
Must. Stop. Pressing. F5.

replicant
03-06-2014, 06:59 AM
Haha
I won't say I know more than the next guy about it.
That's how he responded to talk about animation on the blog.
He, assuming its cuz, don't think even that's been revealed.
I don't know that cuz was really into development on the first skate.
Haven't read into though, may do that sometime actually.
Argue the points all you like, just give me another skate sim.

I don't know that it's Chris working on the game, but Cuz was a
Producer on the Skate series and "usually" they aren't code
monkeys. However, it could be him as far as I know or a couple
dozen more people who were involved with OG Skate.

EmmitBrown
03-06-2014, 07:07 AM
If it's cuz ill be pleasantly surprised. I really doubt it tho. Nothing leads me to think it's him.

thesignguy
03-06-2014, 07:09 AM
If it's cuz ill be pleasantly surprised. I really doubt it tho. Nothing leads me to think it's him.

I think we would know

EmmitBrown
03-06-2014, 07:17 AM
^^ yeah, exactly

thesignguy
03-06-2014, 07:23 AM
^^ yeah, exactly

don't kid yourself (not you doc), Cuz is just as geeked out about the community and what it was just as much as any of us were

JadedSkater
03-06-2014, 08:55 PM
Wow. I am really glad I found this place.

Best of luck with the project.

Time to catch up on everything I've missed!

BladderBoy
03-07-2014, 08:27 AM
For several reasons, I'm quite sure this isn't Cuz under a different name. I could be wrong of course.

thesignguy
03-07-2014, 08:41 AM
Cuz currently works for Exploding Barrel Games
I'm 99% positive this has nothing to do with Cuz

PoppySquidJr
03-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Cuz currently works for Exploding Barrel Games
I'm 99% positive this has nothing to do with Cuz

Exploding Barrel doesn't exist anymore. It was bought by Kabam. And now they just make a bunch of really lame f2p cash cows. I wouldn't be too surprised if Cuz was working on something else to keep himself sane. That being said, I don't think this is Cuz either.

emericaridr11
03-07-2014, 12:12 PM
I know it aint Cuz cause the dude keeps contacting me for Insight (which is cool, but a little confusing).... Cuz wouldnt do that :rolleyes:

regardless Im trying to stay super positive about it, but its a wild situation

thesignguy
03-07-2014, 12:55 PM
Exploding Barrel doesn't exist anymore. It was bought by Kabam. And now they just make a bunch of really lame f2p cash cows. I wouldn't be too surprised if Cuz was working on something else to keep himself sane. That being said, I don't think this is Cuz either.

It was just much easier saying "Cuz works for Exploding Barrel Games"

eastcoastskateboard1
03-08-2014, 07:33 AM
So from what it sounds like if that dude making the game is not sharing it with us and doesn't want albert to get a hold of it maybe that is telling us something. First off i would like to say that trick lining wasn't supposed to be in skate and people figured out how to do it. It is kind of the same idea for realistic but i think skate 3 it's self was supposed to be made for doing all of these crazy tricks and some realistic in my opinion but i feel like that is how skate 3 was advertised. When people figured out they could make the game even more realistic with low pop tricks and the film glitches and such. People eventually ended up making videos on youtube then to here on fluckit. Any way my point is that maybe he doesn't want us and albert to get to get ahold of the game yet because we would make the game into something that he wouldn't want. Not saying the way we started doing realistic was bad but i am glad we made it into what it is today but i am trying to think from that developers point of view.

EmmitBrown
03-08-2014, 08:16 AM
I may have misunderstood, but I don't understand what you mean. Skate was made to reach a broad audience otherwise ea would want nothing to do with it. Bluntlabs has described the game he's working on as not having points at all because thats not what skating is about and no other person can decide how well or how many points something someone else did would be worth. Surely there will be people playing it like a tony hawk game but theyll be doing that because thats what they enjoy, not because the game entices them to play like that by rewarding them with points. I don't think the habits of certain players can affect what the game turns into unless the tools are already built into the game. People will use the tools the game provides them. Ps. We've been skating realistically for the most part since s1 demo. A lot of us did so in tony with stats turned to zero, and in thrasher before that.

emericaridr11
03-08-2014, 08:30 AM
So from what it sounds like if that dude making the game is not sharing it with us and doesn't want albert to get a hold of it maybe that is telling us something. First off i would like to say that trick lining wasn't supposed to be in skate and people figured out how to do it. It is kind of the same idea for realistic but i think skate 3 it's self was supposed to be made for doing all of these crazy tricks and some realistic in my opinion but i feel like that is how skate 3 was advertised. When people figured out they could make the game even more realistic with low pop tricks and the film glitches and such. People eventually ended up making videos on youtube then to here on fluckit. Any way my point is that maybe he doesn't want us and albert to get to get ahold of the game yet because we would make the game into something that he wouldn't want. Not saying the way we started doing realistic was bad but i am glad we made it into what it is today but i am trying to think from that developers point of view.

a few things to point out here..... first he doesnt want to keep it secret, as a matter of fact he keeps telling people to "Spread the Word"....... WE are the ones who dont want Albert to get a hold of this

also Skate 3 has nothing to do with realistic innovation, that was around in Skate 2 with the "Normal" mode (only mode in s2), as well as the filming glitches
OG skate was just rad and realistic anyways (but innovation was there as well)

so I agree with Emmit

Amphan
03-08-2014, 09:27 AM
I've been keeping watch on this blog for some time, and I like the direction of this so far, and hope this does well.

I was in a sesh a while ago discussing things Skate should've done. For me, it was just a matter of keeping the core game, and just making features everyone liked in the past three games as DLC - a filmer pack, Hardcore difficulty, new locales, etc., but just kept in the vein of OG Skate.

I know it is FAR far away from discussing that kind of thing with this project. I certainly hope for the best, and if it ever gets to that level, I hope it takes this route.

eastcoastskateboard1
03-08-2014, 12:34 PM
I think you guys are right I was really tired this morning and idk what I was doing lol

Muhzzy
03-12-2014, 09:44 PM
I can't wait to see where this leads to.

Antwan
03-13-2014, 08:28 AM
What I wonder is if the people who complain about competitive skating in simulation games,
watch things like the x games and street league.
That's the way I've always viewed it.
The core is competitive, but you've got your fluckers, your danny ways, etc.
This is why skateboarding sims are so fascinating to me..
Even when you break main mechanics, it introduces new flaws, Mullen said it best, the flaws become their own, tiny adjustments to make it something worth while.
From there you expand, we see an actual trait, skate style, on a game.
So I've always told myself, everything wrong with the game is everything that is right.
Everything being done only helps us expand and branch out in the long run.
This is why I love the series to death, when it comes to other games..
I'll spot a flaw and want a refund.
With skate, it's a new way to play, a flaw isn't flawed, so crazy.

Things like the skate pack being DLC was a release issue, if I remember correctly.
Deadlines are game killers, and ea is just ea.
Shitty servers, buy new to play, etc. etc.

EmmitBrown
03-13-2014, 09:48 AM
In my opinion, "breaking" the game is finding the stuff you aren't supposed to be able to control. Happy little programming extras that weren't planned but are in the game. These "extras" are in almost every game. As long as points don't exist, I don't see how these "extras" could be viewed in any way as "flaws."

Antwan
03-13-2014, 01:42 PM
what?

Remember who you're talking to man Haha
I don't believe for a second that the things I've found in the game were intentional.
We even saw certain things patched from skate 2 to 3.
Reverts into fakie boneless tricks??
Which are my favorite of all time, let it be known.
Only on skate 2.
You can't tell me they bumped heads to get air walk plants working either.
That's just naming a few, too.
Developers can say whatever they want..
If there is voids in your game you're slacking.
It only seems to work with skate.
I can't recall seeing it work in another game, personally.

EmmitBrown
03-13-2014, 03:15 PM
Im finding it really hard to understand you. I say things that "weren't planned" and mean it as "unintentional" and you think Im saying they put it in there on purpose. Thats why I said "extras." No "bumping of heads" (which im taking to mean they thought about it and made a conscious decision to include it in the game). If anyone "bumped heads" to include something in a game then you finding it and using it is the polar opposite of "breaking the game" in my opinion. Also, games are extensively tested so a lot of the time the little extras im talking about are actually found and known about by the testers because they're good at their jobs and good at fiddling with the intracacies of controlling characters using the tools the game gives you. I also don't know what you mean by "voids"...

Why dont you remind me who im talking to because right now it appears to be a child that can't competently compose his thoughts into comprehendible sentences.

Edit: and seriously, these "extras" are in COUNTLESS games

NotedDerk
03-13-2014, 09:53 PM
How about we leave this thread back to it's topic, even though he hasn't updated his blog since the kickflip video, the bickering needs to stop. Just ignore a person's post if it annoys you, scroll on past it, you can even hide a person's posts entirely, I think Ayreon found that out.

EternalRewind
03-14-2014, 02:22 AM
Games lookin sweet! I will be following the development....

/Cracks whip on the dev, "make me a skate game that I'll play for the rest of my LIFE! lol" <3

bohemian
03-14-2014, 02:48 AM
gawd.. stop dreaming and boosting each others hope..

dude is clueless. and broke. end of story.

/thread

emericaridr11
03-14-2014, 07:28 AM

/thread

haha whatever at least he has a hobby

saunders420
03-14-2014, 11:38 AM
Emmit and Antwan. It's the creativity in which inspires your progress. Watching trick lining in a game, then imagine it in Real Life. NUFF SAID....anyways.

I see a divide between those who actually skate and understand fundamentals, and then well Ill plainly put it Posers who think they know everything. I see this constantly, in Real Life and on the forums.
The two IMO, Know whats up. But the difference is that the Skater has the essense to understand and portray the creativity, while the Poser tries to mimmick Creativity.

And that's where Style comes in to play.

Just my two pennies.

p.s. I dont know if any of you caught the mongo pushing post on bluntlabs blog, but that was on point in terms of opening up about how the game should be played out. so to speak. Choice in the matter.

Antwan
03-14-2014, 01:30 PM
No disrespect fellas, just saying I've done quite a bit with the games.
I misread the response Emmit.

Pulled the poser card though..
We're all just doing our thing. Some drive, some ride shotgun.

replicant
03-19-2014, 03:34 PM
I drive with a shotgun. I'm just badass that way.

saunders420
03-22-2014, 09:20 AM
still skitching on the back.... ;)

Hitmanx123
03-25-2014, 03:03 PM
Emmit and Antwan. It's the creativity in which inspires your progress. Watching trick lining in a game, then imagine it in Real Life. NUFF SAID....anyways.

I see a divide between those who actually skate and understand fundamentals, and then well Ill plainly put it Posers who think they know everything. I see this constantly, in Real Life and on the forums.
The two IMO, Know whats up. But the difference is that the Skater has the essense to understand and portray the creativity, while the Poser tries to mimmick Creativity.

And that's where Style comes in to play.

Just my two pennies.

p.s. I dont know if any of you caught the mongo pushing post on bluntlabs blog, but that was on point in terms of opening up about how the game should be played out. so to speak. Choice in the matter.

i like what you said, suprised i havent posted on this yet. i dont really have any fancy comments about pyshics or any of that bs. if you wanna make a game do it. wanna make a game about skateboarding, do it. wanna make a good game about skateboarding, make sure Derk isnt in it.

Hitmanx123
03-25-2014, 03:06 PM

/thread

and what are you doing for humanity? oh, furthering your own personal gains in hopes of becoming something of worth to society or someone special before the rest of your 70 years are up?

sorry, i just love to watch other human put each other down for the sake of pride. the progression of the human race is in such a decline i wouldnt be surprised if you all got nuked just for the sake of being nuked.
but nah, i do think hoping is a bit much right now.
just take the walking dead formula and squash hope and do what needs to be done. then we can have fun after, right guy?

NotedDerk
03-25-2014, 05:03 PM
wanna make a good game about skateboarding, make sure Derk isnt in it.

That's okay, I'll make some scooter-tages when that new game comes out.

That new video with the reverting looks sweet though, no comments on that yet? The fuck is wrong with you people.

Antwan
03-31-2014, 09:50 AM
So I was reading through the project blank blog.
How do you guys feel about losing the points system?
It sounds strange to me, what kind of game modes don't have points..
Besides s.k.a.t.e ?
I see this as an issue, I could be wrong though.
so what game modes can you all think of?
Some people are going to combo all day, nature of the beast.
Eliminating the points system, hear me out, it sounds like there won't be much else to do.
I respect the project and the person's decisions behind it.
I'm just talking here.

EmmitBrown
03-31-2014, 10:47 AM
Why do people skate in real life with no point system? That's what kind of game I imagine. Legit. I honestly don't care if there's game modes. Just physics, skaters and environment. Sounds pretty sweet. My opinion.

emericaridr11
03-31-2014, 10:58 AM
Amped 2 Style Points, hard tricks pshhhhhh.... style baby

thesignguy
03-31-2014, 11:06 AM
Why do people skate in real life with no point system? That's what kind of game I imagine. Legit. I honestly don't care if there's game modes. Just physics, skaters and environment. Sounds pretty sweet. My opinion.

werd

Antwan
03-31-2014, 12:15 PM
You get what I'm saying though right?
It might even mean no career mode.
I feel like contests were a big chunk of career gameplay.
I enjoyed it anyway.
So the way I'm seeing it, a freeskate game.
Honestly I'm just interested In how it would work.
Sounds crazy.

thesignguy
03-31-2014, 12:34 PM
he has stated that it is a realistic sim game for skaters and skateboarding. None of that junk matter to that core.
Now if he tries to sell this to another company (or if any bigger company gets their hands on this in any way) they will have to incorporate something like you are describing into the game. I personally never played any form of career or "point assisted" portion of the game since OG. OATS rushed out a full in the very infancy of Skate 2 and we pushed one out as much as often. With my schedule I just never got around to it. I really never had any interest for it though.
With that said I have no problem with it in the game. If anything I would rather it be in their for the people that want it. A successful game means a successful franchise.

EmmitBrown
03-31-2014, 12:39 PM
The only reason I even bothered with the career mode was to unlock stuff I would then use in freeskate. So that leads to "hawking" just to get clothes, equipment, etc because unlocking stuff was based on beating challenges based on points. If I could skip that nonsense I absolutely would and in my opinion the game would feel more "pure." I would be doing what I wanted because I wanted to and not because the game said I had to.

Edit: SG made valid points. I wouldn't mind if the choice was there, but I don't think there should be things you can't access if you don't "beat high scores" or anything...for the sole reason that skating is about what the skater enjoys, not what tricks some knucklehead thinks are better than others.

m.seven
03-31-2014, 07:48 PM
I'm not gonna do a one footed 720 over the fullpipe for 50,000 points when I play,so I shouldn't have to do it to unlock a friggin' t-shirt!

bohemian
04-01-2014, 02:55 AM
and what are you doing for humanity? oh, furthering your own personal gains in hopes of becoming something of worth to society or someone special before the rest of your 70 years are up?

sorry, i just love to watch other human put each other down for the sake of pride. the progression of the human race is in such a decline i wouldnt be surprised if you all got nuked just for the sake of being nuked.
but nah, i do think hoping is a bit much right now.
just take the walking dead formula and squash hope and do what needs to be done. then we can have fun after, right guy?

i have no idea if your against or with my statement. neither do i care.

Antwan
04-01-2014, 04:50 AM
720 the pipe for a t shirt?
Don't remember that one haha.
Not like we wear all the clothes anyway.
I'd like to just say, Hawking takes skill to learn just like any other tricks in the game.
Sure, it gets repetitive, but so does everything else in time.
Same game, same tricks, real or fake, why people left the skate community, no?
If all you do is free skate that's cool.
Currency makes sense however, just having everything available is kind of a drag if you ask me.
The ability to switch between the two at my own discretion, is what drew me to skate in the first place.
It's all about having fun, and I will surely miss high scores and arcade antics.
Grinding to the top, beating every contest, getting the sponsors, topping a friends score on a custom spot, spot battles, it all went together so perfectly in my eyes.

Legba
04-01-2014, 07:41 AM
Just make it skate well. I don't care much about graphics, don't care about unlocks, don't even care about a soundtrack. Just give me some solid physics and a dynamic environment to roll around in. I'm not difficult to please. Looking good so far.

bengrover
04-01-2014, 09:12 AM
As has all ready been said, the dudes making it for skaters. Not even necessarily gamers or those who want a progressive story to it. If you truly enjoy skating, you don't need validation or judgement to enjoy what it is.

Nobody can honestly say they thought the S3 story mode in particular was good? That was a drag.

And thats why I for one hope this game comes to fruition as close to the original idea as possible.

NotedDerk
04-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Just make it skate well. I don't care much about graphics, don't care about unlocks, don't even care about a soundtrack. Just give me some solid physics and a dynamic environment to roll around in. I'm not difficult to please. Looking good so far.

Legba got it right, just a solid environment to do stupid tricks on that have absolutely no matter other than personal satisfaction.

Skatehead
04-13-2014, 05:46 PM
soo smelly

bohemian
04-14-2014, 08:17 AM
whats more ugly, knees all together like this dude, or wide apart cowboy stance?

serious question.

unplannedman
04-15-2014, 11:17 AM
I just hope the whole thing is open source so we can get hella mods on this bitch

severmore
04-21-2014, 06:48 PM
Dev Update posted with a new line...

Legba
04-22-2014, 12:50 PM
Looking good. The manuals seem a bit wonky, but the flip & landing physics are sexy. Good stuff.

pawnluvguitarist
04-25-2014, 05:46 PM
Looking good. The manuals seem a bit wonky, but the flip & landing physics are sexy. Good stuff.

Wonky can be good. I like how it looks.

monkeysunkle74
04-28-2014, 10:15 PM
Its been a long time. Good to see people still here. Would be great to see a new Skate game...............

but this could just be some guy working with Zbrush/Maya have nothing to do with building a game. Just saying know many a people who could build this........

Its nice to dream though....hope it works out.

saunders420
05-02-2014, 08:15 AM
Its been a long time. Good to see people still here. Would be great to see a new Skate game...............

but this could just be some guy working with Zbrush/Maya have nothing to do with building a game. Just saying know many a people who could build this........

Its nice to dream though....hope it works out.

You clearly didn't do the homework and check out what he is about. He has stated that he had history with BB, when skate started. Started this as passion project if anything.

monkeysunkle74
05-02-2014, 09:31 PM
You clearly didn't do the homework and check out what he is about. He has stated that he had history with BB, when skate started. Started this as passion project if anything.

Maybe you need an english lesson. I wrote...... This COULD be some guy, (wether he worked for BB or not) just fucking with Zbrush. There is noting here but a 3D rendering of some animation. I also said hope it works out................this is just an observation. Also I believe everything I read on someones blog.

thesignguy
05-03-2014, 06:59 PM
You guys should totally e-fight

saunders420
05-03-2014, 07:54 PM
fuck lol sg

Can I?

literally kinda frazzled at that last statement though. really?!

anyways no harm taken by the fact it was thrown out in the air with blatant assumptions, but......Yeahh.

don't really know what to say to that.

NotedDerk
05-04-2014, 12:37 AM
I'm curious about demz's status with the project right now, I'm sure all of us are continually checking the website for another update, but what is demz's role in this process? How is it looking currently besides what bluntlabs is showing us?

Just some questions I'd like to see answered, if demz sees this anyway. Haven't seen him post in a while. :(

EmmitBrown
05-04-2014, 12:46 AM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDZFpWHaEyVVZT8yZ4H_2aPs_0m_j7-swS1qZB5-GqmcQVek4Q

Them rolls in the process of lookin delicious

thesignguy
05-04-2014, 03:10 PM
I'm curious about demz's status with the project right now, I'm sure all of us are continually checking the website for another update, but what is demz's role in this process? How is it looking currently besides what bluntlabs is showing us?

Just some questions I'd like to see answered, if demz sees this anyway. Haven't seen him post in a while. :(

Demz roll?

I think some might have the assumption that this is bigger than it really is. I'm not taking anything away from bluntlabs, the limited discussions I have had with him he seems super rad. What I do know for a fact is that this is a one person in his spare time doing something that he is very passionate about.

Sadly as far as we know this is our best chance of anything happening.
Is there some form of team? Is Demz and anyone else besides Bluntlabs currently working on this? To my knowledge no.

Could he get a team together or could he know the right person to start something? Sure I'm sure it's possible.

Should we support him? Sure but if you don't that's cool too.

NotedDerk
05-04-2014, 03:56 PM
I haven't assumed it was big at any point in time, I just re-read the original post that he made and it sounds like he is just as much a part of the project as bluntlabs is. His use of the word 'we' a lot confused me, some sounding like he was just referring to our community, and other times sounding like he is working side-by-side with bluntlabs. After re-re-reading it, it does sound like he was only referring to our community in respond to bluntlab's work. Part of me feels like it won't be finished because of how much work needs to be put into it and he is only doing it on the side from his own personal life, but there's nothing wrong with that. Seeing it even progress a small amount with each update he makes brings a smile to my face. I hope he can make something great of it, even if it takes years and years.

monkeysunkle74
05-04-2014, 04:50 PM
fuck lol sg

Can I?

literally kinda frazzled at that last statement though. really?!

anyways no harm taken by the fact it was thrown out in the air with blatant assumptions, but......Yeahh.

don't really know what to say to that.

I am glad to fight it out. You pick the chat room. :P

The response was merely sarcasm pointed to the fact that I didn't "do my homework"

Not sure how there were blatant assumptions, merely just voicing my opinion on it Saunders.......understand?

no response needed as I am sure you understand sarcasm.

saunders420
05-05-2014, 05:43 PM
I am glad to fight it out. You pick the chat room. :P

The response was merely sarcasm pointed to the fact that I didn't "do my homework"

Not sure how there were blatant assumptions, merely just voicing my opinion on it Saunders.......understand?

no response needed as I am sure you understand sarcasm.

I understand. case closed. But damn I called you out. heeehee, yes blatant. it seems.

anyways.....Im sure 10 years from now we will all be able to enjoy something similar. anything that can top skate's gameplay and mechanics will have a place in my game world.
to each their own.

lww
08-05-2014, 08:21 AM
Might be flogging a dead horse with this but I thought it was interesting to draw comparisons to where Project Blank is at now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5J9524kFMQ

saunders420
08-08-2014, 02:18 PM
I love old tech footy from og days. "droollsss"

lww
08-11-2014, 04:58 AM
Yeah it's kinda sad in a way. I was optimistic that it would grow from title to title with the same passion as they had with skate 1 but it was thrown out of the window and lazily developed in comparison.

EmmitBrown
08-11-2014, 08:28 AM
I don't think it was intentional (not that I have any way of knowing). I think deadlines step on your feet and limit your ambitions when you have to answer to an EA...that and funding. It takes time and the people working on it need to be paid, and the person paying you wants something to sell quickly, if they're EA.

That's what I try to believe anyway...

Jebotek
08-11-2014, 01:59 PM
It's defo EA's fault, just look at the Battlefield Series. Pretty much died with Bad Company 2. Battlefield 4 wasn't working proper even a year after release...
Sadly this seems to be common practice nowadays, i haven't played a finished product in ages.

lww
08-12-2014, 05:33 AM
But nothing that they added ever actually felt right. It would be better if they focussed on one or 2 things like putting together an improved physics and animation system rather than loads of broken features.

Kinda getting off topic here and this has been covered a TON in the past anyway.

Muhzzy
08-12-2014, 06:55 AM
I have no faith in this project at all. It's never going to go anywhere, it looks exactly like Touchgrind right now.

EmmitBrown
08-12-2014, 07:34 AM
I have no faith in this project at all. It's never going to go anywhere...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Jebotek
08-12-2014, 07:46 AM
I have no faith in this project at all. It's never going to go anywhere, it looks exactly like Touchgrind right now.

So you got more faith in a tweet from dyrdek and in this kid albert?

....really?

Muhzzy
08-12-2014, 07:54 AM
No, did you read what I said? I said it's probably going to go nowhere.

Can I ask what I ever did to piss you off? Cause you really don't like me haha.