PDA

View Full Version : Street Part - skate 3

galopes
03-04-2014, 09:46 AM
New solo i made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJy338mVyyQ

special thanks to HCH Media for the quality tip, i belive this one had a better image quality

I hope you all enjoy !

HCH Media
03-04-2014, 12:36 PM
video quality , skating , song , edit and collars are really good :-) 4 out of 5 stars good job dude ( litle bit harder tech stuff and longer lines and you get 5 )

galopes
03-05-2014, 07:43 PM
i'll keep my eye on this for the next one :D thanks

you mean harder tricks?

Muhzzy
03-12-2014, 08:57 PM
Damn. Very good man. I like your style a lot. Very realistic, and your filming is very solid. Looking forward to more videos man. Keep it up. Are you new to the community or have you made videos in the past and came back?

Sickone
03-13-2014, 02:21 AM
Dope!

galopes
03-13-2014, 07:11 PM
no dude i'm new here, i used to make some skate 2 videos in 2011 but i only found a comunity for ea skate this year ! i'm glad you liked haha i'm working on something so wait for it haha

Muhzzy
03-13-2014, 07:43 PM
Awesome man! Maybe we can do a collab some time.

Poncho Lord
03-13-2014, 07:53 PM
i liked the video but something bugs me. the filming is technically good, but im not digging it. its lacking something. maybe your angles are too high or something. idk what it is.

momadaddy
03-13-2014, 07:57 PM
you get it. i feel like some people dont. but you do

Muhzzy
03-13-2014, 07:59 PM
i liked the video but something bugs me. the filming is technically good, but im not digging it. its lacking something. maybe your angles are too high or something. idk what it is.

I feel like his skating and filming is SUPER realistic. We aren't used to seeing that here on fluckit. Maybe that's what it is. But I dig it a lot.

momadaddy
03-13-2014, 08:13 PM
blah blah blah.. But I dig it a lot.

i agree completely

galopes
03-13-2014, 09:10 PM
Awesome man! Maybe we can do a collab some time.

it would be awsome !

thanks dudes for the comments, i'm glad you guys liked
thanks momadaddy !

DuMularn
03-13-2014, 10:59 PM
Really dig the skating and realistic approach but I do agree the filming is a bit off to me..but only the follow shots. If they were just a bit more like a real filmer would follow the rider with a fish-eye I think it would bring the realism in your skating to the next level. Great skating here. Glad you found us and stick around

PS...I'm choosing to ignore the panback in the clips because the skating was very noice!

galopes
03-14-2014, 07:39 PM
i usually use 14mm lens, which lens do you suggest for me? thanks

Muhzzy
03-14-2014, 07:47 PM

It all depends on the person. I use 13. Sometimes 10. Use whatever you like.

EmmitBrown
03-14-2014, 07:52 PM
i enjoyed it. nice edit as well. a few panbacks but plenty of shit made up for it. i like your style.

i am a snail
03-15-2014, 05:30 AM

when i'm filming follow shots in skate 3, i use 15 usually, and then 13 on single tricks; but thats what works for me personally, as people in the thread have already told you. as far as technique goes, i think a lot of what people are saying is "off" is that, at least to me, it seems like you're trying to force a few of your angles and filming paths, leading to a couple of somewhat weird jerky motions in your filmer and skater where you have to suddenly speed up or slow down to get the angle you REALLY want, and that can ruin immersion a bit. usually what i'll do (and i'm sure other people do this too) is i'll have a filmer's path through a line planned out ahead of time so i can have a better idea of where my filmer wi be during certain points of the line, and the i'll adjust a few keyframes later. it might help if you figure out where your first and last key frames will go, i know that works for some people.

also, dont be afraid to let your character leave the center of the frame if you're doing a line with a lot of turns or small adjustments. rule of thirds makes shots more interesting to look at, after all, dont be afraid to let he subject explore the frame a little. for example, if you're doing a wide turn in a line, let your filmer cut the corner! dont feel like you have to glue yourself to your skater. or if you're doing a trick, accentuate tweaks by placing them as the focal point just out of the center of the frame. these are things easier to pick up with practice though. between watching videos and making them, before long youll lean what to do and what not to do and you'll begin to develop the style and quirks to filming that suit YOU.

i hope this was at least a little helpful, and feel free to let me know if i seem like im talking out my ass or anything! you seem like youre one of the better new guys weve had around in a while and i always love seeing others improve.

emericaridr11
03-15-2014, 08:52 AM
snails comment is great, I will say one thing though......

DONT let anyone tell you what MM to use, use fucking 62 for follow cams if you like the way it looks, dont let other peoples preferences drive you

i am a snail
03-15-2014, 09:14 AM
DONT let anyone tell you what MM to use, use fucking 62 for follow cams if you like the way it looks, dont let other peoples preferences drive you
that

Poncho Lord
03-15-2014, 10:04 AM
I feel like his skating and filming is SUPER realistic. We aren't used to seeing that here on fluckit. Maybe that's what it is. But I dig it a lot.

it's definitely not that. i do some weird crazy tricks in my edits too but i ultimately try to keep my filming realistic. not in skate 3 as much, but you could tell from skate 2. the thing is filming in a "realistic" manner isn't enough. lots of people in real life can film and keep their shots clean and everything and that doesn't make their filming good. adding a certain dynamic style to filming is what i like. fast but fluid movements. i find inspiration in filmers like GX1000 and the Magenta dude.

THIS is good filming to me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkKxqYjyPM0

however, this guy kinda reminds me of some NKA cali dude filming. which isn't bad, just not as enjoyable to watch to me

galopes
03-15-2014, 10:11 AM
thank you so much snail ! you made it really clear for me, i'll remember your tips now during my shots

i'll keep trying to make it looks more realistic :p