PDA

View Full Version : real sounds help?

kieran
03-04-2014, 02:19 PM
how do you match real sounds, is there an easier way than judging the clip then trying to fit it around the sound. I get some ok, then others out by so much.
If any help thanks is advance

EmmitBrown
03-04-2014, 02:51 PM
You could chop the audio from a butt-ton of "no music" parts and put the clippings in subfolders for everything like: rolling, ollie, kickflip etc and label the clips by speed, height, duration, whatever little details so you can find the right sound for what you need. It'll take a while but you'll get a nice useable library and wont have to find perfectly matching clips

Edit: youd want as many folders as necessary so you include everything you'll need like "pop" and all the different slides and grinds and then label the clips so you know what trick was done. You can include what material it was done on, wood, cement, coping...the deeper you go into detail the more options/choices youll have

FL studio has a great chopper called Edison. You can convert the video file to an audio file and either take notes of what tricks etc are at what times or you could watch the video while you have the audio open in youre editor and just watch and chop.

kieran
03-04-2014, 03:03 PM
Thanks man,will start it now, hopefully start stacking clips and then adding them. Better start watching the vids

EmmitBrown
03-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Yeah start lookin for the parts where they want you to add your own music. Those would be goldmines

EmmitBrown
03-04-2014, 03:15 PM
Cool Edit Pro/Adobe Audition was another good audio chopper. Haven't used it since FL added Edison, but it was top notch as well

The opposite would be interesting, too. Creating a library of Skate. sounds and using them over real life footage

kieran
03-04-2014, 03:34 PM
I think I have seen a video with it skate sounds and irl footage, I felt weird but yea man will have to look at FL again and get used to it seems to be the best option thanks

I just found Jean-olive's goldmine of raw skate sounds

EmmitBrown
03-04-2014, 03:43 PM
Good shit man. Cant wait to see the outcome