PDA

View Full Version : My short Ungrindable vid

Stuman
04-13-2009, 12:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agszlvr3vgM

pawnluvguitarist
04-13-2009, 01:42 PM
:36 was clean, only thing to make it better would be making the trick out popless

:59 clean no comply action

things that could be improved:

closer filming...

cleaner/longer grinds...

watching your distance out of the grind, a few times you landed very far, I'd say either go popless or slow down a bit.

good job :) I love watching ungrindables, its so cool watching it catch on..

Stuman
04-13-2009, 01:51 PM
thanks for the feedback. i'll be honest I'm sure really how to do the popless out.
Still trying to learn those.

pawnluvguitarist
04-13-2009, 02:06 PM
forgive my cut and paste approach, I'm too lazy to re write ;)

popless tricks:

As you might know, the only late flips you can do out of grinds are kick/heel/shuv, but if you pop just a little earlier the trick won't be recognized as a "late" trick. It will operate just like a normal fliptrick, but just get no height.

The objective of the popless tricks is to find that sweet spot between normal pop flip tricks out and late flips out.

I suggest you find a nice high ledge, with a big drop, it'll be easiest to learn on. Have the HUD on so you can see what your trick is registering as. Try doing grinds and try doing a shuv out. If it popped real high you were too early, if it was recognized as a "late shuv" you are too late. But if it gets no pop like a late shuv but the game just calls it a shuv, you are in popless territory my friend

Good luck, and remember it can be done with every fliptrick, and with practice can be done on very low obstacles, but as i said I recommend you start out with popless shuvs on obstacles where you will have lots of hang time.

heres an example of what they will look like:

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AFpgFLWThw&fmt=18 )

don't hesitate to ask for any tips on popless or anything , I love to help :)

Stuman
04-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the tips. I'll be practicing. :)

Madsser3200
04-14-2009, 05:27 AM
Nice tricks, But they were kinda unreal.

Camera work could need some work.

But all in all, i enjoyed

quetonto1
04-14-2009, 05:43 AM
no-complys were great (and the no-comply shuv for me :D)

just get a bit closer while filming, and use some simpier tricks

but it enjoyable :)

andersatan
04-14-2009, 06:14 PM
Loved that no-comply body varial gonna go use it somewhere, and that nose grind was beast good job!

Stuman
04-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I noticed in the game it seems my camera is zoomed in more but then when i see it back on skate reel it seems farther away.

Any Isle
04-17-2009, 07:07 PM
I liked it... good stuff mann!