PDA

View Full Version : Destiny

Seanne1986
07-01-2014, 11:40 AM
What an awesome game this is. I played the Alpha and fuck... what a game.

Now I wonder who here will get it on ps4?, cause I'm looking for players to go through the campaign with.

I'm gonna play as an Warlock, so gonna need a Titan and Hunter.

EmmitBrown
07-01-2014, 12:19 PM
I was peepin that game. Im gettin a ps4 whenever gta v drops. How's the replayability of Destiny. Ive been hearing its cool but gets repetitive and boring after a few hours (idk if they mean its boring if you dont like that type of game or if its just cookie cutter levels over and over)

Edit: and I hate saying "what game is it like?"...but what's it set up like? Like what is the natural workflow of the game? Is it like Halo or...

Seanne1986
07-01-2014, 01:04 PM
I was peepin that game. Im gettin a ps4 whenever gta v drops. How's the replayability of Destiny. Ive been hearing its cool but gets repetitive and boring after a few hours (idk if they mean its boring if you dont like that type of game or if its just cookie cutter levels over and over)

Bungie hasn't announced anything about how long the game will last or anything like that. But from what I experienced in the alpha there's alot of replayability. You will need to grind bosses, mobs and possibly quests for the best equipment and weapons, just like any other MMO.

In the Alpha the lvl cap was 8, and I've heard that the cap in retail is 20, and getting to lvl 8 took about a few hours. But bear in mind that Bungie has come out with that the lvling speed was increased during the Alpha only because the Alpha only was for a weekend.

In Destiny you play in first-person, but when you enter The Tower which is sorta like the main city, you enter third-person view to see what you've look like and show off your gear. Here you can also buy and sell items, upgrade your ship/sparrow etc. I've heard you will be able to even trade items between players. Not sure if there will be an action house or not, but that remains to be seen.

The Crucible (or pvp) was fantastic imo. There were only 2 maps and 1 gamemode (out of 6 total) available. The first map was a small map without any veichles. The second map was much much bigger and had veichles, mounted turrets and your own personal Sparrow was available to use. The gamemode that was available was just like Battlefields Conquest. I have no idea what the other ones will be about.

The gear you aquire in singleplayer will be used in multiplayer aswell. As I understand after some research is that the weapons are normalized and gear isn't in pvp. But I could be wrong on that.

Btw if you preorder the game now, there are several stores that will give you a key for the Beta that will start July 17th.

I can't fucking wait for this game!

momadaddy
07-01-2014, 09:04 PM
i pre ordered the white ps4 bundle. the syztem looks sexy

EmmitBrown
07-01-2014, 09:20 PM
Yeah ill prolly pick up Destiny, DriveClub and gta v when I cop a p4.

Stokenstein
07-01-2014, 11:00 PM
I'm on the One and will be getting it when it comes out.

Seanne1986
07-02-2014, 12:12 AM
Edit: and I hate saying "what game is it like?"...but what's it set up like? Like what is the natural workflow of the game? Is it like Halo or...

IGN described it like a mix of Halo for gun play, Borderlands for items and grinding stuff etc, and some MMO stuff are in there aswell. And from my experience from the Alpha, I agree with some of what they said.

Roccityroller
07-02-2014, 03:57 AM
I'm on the One and will be getting it when it comes out.

did you pre-order?

Antwan
07-02-2014, 09:08 AM
Haven't been gaming much. Still only own a 360.
Game looked cool, not buying games to play solo though.
I always end up returning those.

EmmitBrown
07-02-2014, 09:14 AM
It's got mmo elements. I don't plan to play it alone

Roccityroller
07-02-2014, 12:57 PM
why would you play destiny alone?