PDA

View Full Version : Fluck it. I'm back on my board.

SupaFly
08-02-2014, 12:40 AM
Back on my board after a very long time...I'm 36 years old and nearly 50 LBS over weight but i wont let that stop me anymore...its been roughly 12 years since i went skateboarding more than once in a summer.I'm having fun and falling in love with real skateboarding all over again.This park is a few blocks from my house and before work in the morning,I have it all to my self.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFTdjVPTNO8&feature=youtu.be

Jebotek
08-02-2014, 03:13 AM
Early Morning sessions are so dope
Been not on a Board around a Year and a half myself
from time to time i meet up with some old heads just to hang around in the park and play a few games of skate
I think if you're really are/were into Skateboarding there always comes the time you get motivated enough to hop on a board again
Good Shit, keep rolling!

HCH Media
08-02-2014, 05:14 AM
really nice man , wish i could go out and skate too :-/ i may post some old skate footy too when i have my pc back to work . hope to see some footy in the next time :-)

crni1976
08-02-2014, 06:17 AM
Even though it's been ages since I was out skating on a regular basis, I kept playing around for a bit through the years. An on-and-off thing, however mostly off.

It has been a while now. I am 38 at this point, and just had knee surgery (torn meniscus) because of years of Aikido and the occasional short-distance run.

I hope to do some more skateboarding in the near future though, as I will be giving my little daughter her first deck next year. She will be 5 then.

If anything, my love for this means of expression will never die.

Keep on rollin'

thesignguy
08-02-2014, 07:43 AM
Awesome man, so stoked for ya
Seems like you have had bunch of real life changes in the past couple years

I almost hate to admit it but I'll be 41 in a little over a week. I'm part of an "old man" St . Louis group and I'm actually out of 100 dudes on the younger side. Mini ramps pop up monthly in backyards now and we hit the parks in full force all the time. One of my good friends is right around 50 and still shreds vert like no other. He's also a very accomplished downhill and slalom pro. Never complains about shit hurting and a year ago shattered his ankle on a full pipe.

Always keep shredding, age is just a #
I'm in the best shape of my life right now. I got challenged to do some pull ups the other day and did 10 haha I owe all of my health to skating

SupaFly
08-02-2014, 08:05 AM
Awesome man, so stoked for ya
Seems like you have had bunch of real life changes in the past couple years

I almost hate to admit it but I'll be 41 in a little over a week. I'm part of an "old man" St . Louis group and I'm actually out of 100 dudes on the younger side. Mini ramps pop up monthly in backyards now and we hit the parks in full force all the time. One of my good friends is right around 50 and still shreds vert like no other. He's also a very accomplished downhill and slalom pro. Never complains about shit hurting and a year ago shattered his ankle on a full pipe.

Always keep shredding, age is just a #
I'm in the best shape of my life right now. I got challenged to do some pull ups the other day and did 10 haha I owe all of my health to skating

Super jelous of your old man crew dude sounds like a lot of fun.

Muhzzy
08-02-2014, 08:44 AM
That is awesome bro! Keep shredding! That tre was very nice and that Ollie was steezy. Make more!

Poncho Lord
08-02-2014, 09:26 AM
killin it!

SupaFly
08-04-2014, 10:59 AM
OP Updated with new video

pawnluvguitarist
08-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Good shit man. I cannot imagine going 12 years without. I just did about 6 months or so without, my longest hiatus yet and even then I could feel the rust. Keep it up.

DaaGooN
08-04-2014, 12:24 PM
Love it.
6 months of that and you will be slim-trim in no time.

For me i ain't got on my board for years..
I am 38. feel 15.. fall like a 80 year old.

That bail at the end was nearly a arm-breaker oouch! but that is True skateboarding.
Good one man, hope you keep it up :)

"Age is a perception of ones reality"

Felly
08-04-2014, 12:51 PM
Nice mate! :) Really like it.

Muhzzy
08-04-2014, 01:53 PM
Cool that you got more footy man. That crook was hella nice and that slam was gnarly. Hope you didn't hurt yourself too bad.

SupaFly
08-04-2014, 03:27 PM
Love the positive vibe around here thanks for all the comments guys,it means alot....i know this isn't awesome skateboarding so thanks for taking the time to watch an old man battle with his demons.

I slam on my right hand super hard every time i skate,it was swollen after that bail today so that ended my session with only 1 trick,but im happy with the trick i got and iced my hand when i got home.I will be back at it in a day or 2.

NotedDerk
08-04-2014, 03:44 PM
I'm afraid of that happening every time I almost feel like trying back blunts and I just puss out and move on, currently learning front blunts though. Just feel more in control of my body doing it frontside, at least for bluntslides, haha, hope you get that though supa!

Muhzzy
08-04-2014, 04:49 PM
Also man that long noseslide shuv out was hella butter too. I wish I could do that shit haha

SupaFly
08-17-2014, 12:55 PM
OP Updated with final edit,I have really enjoyed skateboarding again and I'm seriously looking forward to next summer just hope i can lose some weight this winter to make it easier on myself.

Enjoy and thanks for watching !

Muhzzy
08-17-2014, 01:31 PM
Really fucking sick man! You kill that park, that slam was gnarly!! But you you still pulled through and landed that 50-50 to tail, that was nice bro. Also I like the shots with the mountains in the distance, beautiful scenery. Love theas edits, can't wait to see more.