PDA

View Full Version : Rob Dyrdek is for Skate 4

Muhzzy
08-11-2014, 07:20 PM
https://twitter.com/robdyrdek/status/498992105948467201

And then this nerd
http://youtu.be/iyRgEKHMNwY?a had something to say about it of course.

DuMularn
08-11-2014, 07:40 PM
While I really hate Albert...he is correct. The more traction Rob's tweet can get the more likely skate4 is to be. All you twitter fools please retweet this!

Muhzzy
08-11-2014, 07:41 PM
I hate his guts but he does have a point. Excited to see where this goes. Probably nowhere though.

NotedDerk
08-11-2014, 10:07 PM
Probably nowhere though.

Exactly, unless rob is willing to throw millions down for the development of it, fucking doubt that though.
Definitely given up on any form of Skate 4 coming, but we will see a new skating game down the line, probably years from now.

XImortalDEATHX
08-12-2014, 12:58 AM
I honestly wouldn't want Rob at the head of a new skate game. When was the last time he's even skated? Also, there'd be nothing but oversized Street League map packs.

DaaGooN
08-12-2014, 03:48 AM
Imagen if EA announce a new skate game at gamescon tomorrow..

I think even if rob talked to the suits at ea they would look at him and say..

Ridiculousness........ NO

That al-bieber has such a monotone voice.

EmmitBrown
08-12-2014, 06:32 AM
Sweet. We have support from a skater that would rather shoot nets at people than skate. Maybe Skate.4 will have the shopping cart from TH

m.seven
08-12-2014, 07:54 AM
Dyrdek is just another Bam.. dumb TV shows and whoring himself out to anyone that'll put his name or face on a product.
And don't even get me started on his hand in flushing Alien Workshop down the toilet

Muhzzy
08-12-2014, 07:58 AM
Yeah I used to like Rob a lot as a skater and person. But lately he's been real lame. Hate what he did to Alien, and he supposedly had some fraud charges recently.

bohemian
08-12-2014, 01:49 PM
the alien thing really sucked, but dyrdek do have great resources and might be one of skateboardings best(only?) links into corporate america. he was involved in the original series so him shouting out will be heard. if anything happens is an other matter.

eastcoastskateboard1
08-12-2014, 05:56 PM
I think this video has more info on the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrbhjTPeOrI

#Timplays

eastcoastskateboard1
08-12-2014, 06:08 PM
I think this video has more info on the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrbhjTPeOrI

#Timplays

Muhzzy
08-12-2014, 06:14 PM
HAHAHAHAHA fucking majorT........

bengrover
08-13-2014, 04:23 AM
Its not going to come from EA when a new skate game does come (which it no doubt will, just it may be many years down the line). Its not as financially stable as FIFA or Madden for EA to even consider. All hope is gone on that front.

So how long before Albert claims he's working on the game with Rob Dyrdek and everyone should buy his t-shirts to help fund it?

Legba
08-13-2014, 12:15 PM
To agree/ add on to what Bohemian said: Dyrdek probably is the best shot at getting some attention/effort put toward making a new skate. (or another major skateboarding game in general.) He's definitely got the connections, and he's definitely got the loot. However, Twitter's primary use is for everyone in the world to share baseless thoughts that only get noticed until they're succeeded by the next round of nonsense. Still, I'm glad to hear wants a new skate (even if just to be a character in it.)

Also, we can't comletely blame the guy for Alien. It was fucked when he took it over, and it got fucked again when its intellectual property got sold to muthafukkin Wal-Mart (yes, WAL*MART!)

Sure the guy coulda done more, but he did spend a million to buy the rights back. And he paid all the AWS and Habitat riders their last round of checks out of his own pocket. Again, he could've done more, but I suspect we'll see an Alien resurrection in years to come. (You guys remember what happened to Plan B, right?)

EmmitBrown
08-13-2014, 07:10 PM
I can blame him for having 4+ years and only coming up with a 45 second part.

(Devil's advocate)

I appreciate his enthusiasm...im just guessing anyone with power sees his enthusiasm as spur of the moment and they prolly don't see a big way to capitalize on it even with him participating. His little gusto is gone.

thesignguy
08-13-2014, 07:41 PM
Yeah any press is hopeful.
We all wetted our pants for bluntlabs and that was just a dude with a PC
If I see anything related to the game at all I get jazzed

DuMularn
08-13-2014, 09:04 PM
I would gladly pay $60 for a skating game that used the fluckit controls (or close enough), had realistic physics, a replay editor, and allowed me be a skater in the Street League season. Throw in recreations of a bunch of California Skate Parks parks (which is roughly any modern park or pro's private park) and even past years SL parks and I could honestly feel satisfied giving up $60.

EmmitBrown
08-14-2014, 06:04 AM
I was with you til you said "a bunch of California skate parks"...I need some east coast, where spots are legit, lol

Roccityroller
08-14-2014, 06:57 AM
I was with you til you said "a bunch of California skate parks"...I need some east coast, where spots are legit, lol

hashtag truth

saunders420
08-14-2014, 09:14 AM
EB I think he meant California Skatepark as in the company. They make some dope shitt.

EmmitBrown
08-14-2014, 09:55 AM
Ahhh, word.

Edit: I should've paid more attention to the phrasing and capitalizations. I'd like to see more street spots than parks tho, personally

pawnluvguitarist
08-14-2014, 11:35 AM
I just hope the next skating game is a bit like Thrasher. balancing grinds, catching tricks. I want to have to balance manuals too, and just have a skating game where it's actually harder to go big and pop higher ect

MarcoPoloUSN
08-14-2014, 09:03 PM
but we will see a new skating game down the line, probably years from now.

Yeah I agree with this.

Hopefully when another skate game comes along... it will be a simulator.

DuMularn
08-14-2014, 09:48 PM
Ahhh, word.

I'd like to see more street spots than parks tho, personally

Oh for sure. I'd fully expect all of these private parks and contests to center around a simulated skate town similar to skate. I'd love to see an actual recreation of some of the spots that no longer exist as well Carlsbad, Hubbah Hideout, and other legendary spots that have been "redesigned" to avoid skating. Don't sell CSP short either. I live near the Kennesaw park and it's a recreation of a contest park they did plus a full on mega bowl area.

http://skatekennesaw.com/park-tour/

Sure some of the advertising is lame and what not...but the park is legit. A skateboarding "sim" set in a city/cities populated with these recreations, select pro private parks (Berrics, Nyjah's, P-rods, Van Doren International, etc...), past Street League events, and upcoming SL events isn't a half bad sell to be honest. I can feel the money leaving my pocket already

http://californiaskateparks.com/skatepark-design-and-construction-portfolio/
44 parks they have listed...good god. I actually never knew they did they backyard pool for Lance Mountain and the Hawkman.

EmmitBrown
08-15-2014, 06:18 AM
I just lost a long reply to this. Ill just say I dont like too many parks. Same stuff, different layout. They bore me for the most part. I want a city to be a city, not a bunch of easily identifiable prebuilt skate spots. Skate annoyed me with overabundance of skateable stuff and ramps everywhere.

pawnluvguitarist
08-15-2014, 11:11 AM
I agree EB. I'd much rather have an authentic GTA like city. A variety of parks would be nice too but it's just not as important to me as an authentic city that's not built for skating.

EmmitBrown
08-16-2014, 07:48 AM
Lol, nobody thinks Albert is gonna have anything to do with anything. I don't even think another Skate. Is gonna come out (I have no faith in EA doing anything that cool, and if they did release it I don't think much of the game we love would even be there)...but another skating game WILL come out.

bohemian
08-16-2014, 08:15 AM
I agree EB. I'd much rather have an authentic GTA like city. A variety of parks would be nice too but it's just not as important to me as an authentic city that's not built for skating.

rockstar should allow black box like devs to make add-ons or plug-ins for the gta world

SolidMojo
08-16-2014, 08:51 AM
rockstar should allow black box like devs to make add-ons or plug-ins for the gta world

Urgh, I wish you could say that to the Houser brothers over a drink or something.

EmmitBrown
08-16-2014, 09:35 AM
Rockstar made Thrasher. I still don't know why they didn't do it them damn selves

Edit: they published Thrasher...idk if that counts as their roster or not

Demzilla
08-16-2014, 12:31 PM
oooo yyyeeeahhhh
i made all the levels from thrasher like a year ago...
i gotta make that edit...

EmmitBrown
08-16-2014, 02:40 PM
Demz, are they upped?

I would LOOOVE to dl them