PDA

View Full Version : Skate 3 King Of The Road

TheIronz
02-24-2015, 12:17 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, Skate 3's own KOTR.

I imagine the formula is familiar with most of you, but for those that have not seen it.

1) A list of challenges will be compiled in secret, it will be shared once the contest starts on Monday 9th / March
2) Riders and teams have one month to complete as many challenges as possible. Contest ends Monday 13th / April
3) Judges will watch all footage and award all "best, longest, biggest" bonus points
4) All footage will then be edited into team montages complete with scoring and challenge titles

The contest is open to both Xbox 360 and PS3 and will take part in Port Carverton, so no addition DLC will be required. The challenges will be a mixture of traditional skate challenges, and more wacky novelty challenges. The only requirement is that you must be able to get the raw Skate 3 clips to me. The team with the most points at the end of the contest will be crowned, King Of The Road.

*Please keep clips at least "loosely realistic", Realistic stuff just looks better, but no-one will be a nazi about it.*

During the month of filming, I will open open a DropBox or similar for everyone to send me clips as and when you choose. You can also send any extra clips of general skating for filling out the team parts. If you wish to enter or be a judge, please drop a message below.

Team 1 (I.D Collective)
1) TheIronz *Footage In*
2) Momadaddy *Footage In*
3) oOalbinorhinoOo
4) Stoned5tar

Team 2 (Japan Four)
1) EmmitBrown
2) Tabloid *Footage In*
3) Jonobn
4) arthurnunes98 *Footage In*

Team 3 (Yung $quad)
1) zzcoolapcs
2) xfreeZe *Footage In*
3) Felly *Footage In*
4) Velocity *Footage In*
5) Antartican

Team 4 (Sad Boys)
1) Sad
2) ehjvy
3) ColeSlaw
4) Abstro

*teams are subject to change

EmmitBrown
02-24-2015, 01:10 PM
Sign me up while theironz hot

Badump tchshhhhh

arthurnunes98
02-24-2015, 01:11 PM
so its like xbox only? dlc required?

EmmitBrown
02-24-2015, 01:20 PM
I vote for any type of capture so those of us without cap cards, or certain Skate.s on ps3, can participate.

Edited by Big Bird's cousin Dee: i also vote that the spot specific challenges should be main game map only, just so everyone has a chance...or maybe for some have a main game spot and an optional dlc or something...idk hopefully some more heads chime in so we know what dlc everyone has

TheIronz
02-24-2015, 01:28 PM
I never even thought of that, but that's why you guys kick ass. I think Port Carverton only and although cap-cards would be nice, Im far from turning anyone down that wants to take part.

If you got Skate3, and you can get me clips, Your in!

arthurnunes98
02-24-2015, 01:48 PM
so i would only need someone to record the clips then, i'm in man

TheIronz
02-24-2015, 02:35 PM
I've added both of you, and clarified the No-DLC, cross platform stuff. I've just thrown us in as seperate teams until we (hopefully) get more riders and can get a nicer spread.

Where are the actual teams at? I was expecting some of the big name crews to be ready to throw down! :cool:

EmmitBrown
02-25-2015, 01:01 PM
You can't spell "Win" without "I" and there's no "I" in "Team"...Skate.4 - Split Up, Throw Down

momadaddy
02-25-2015, 03:28 PM
I'll do it

Tabloid
02-25-2015, 05:24 PM
I'm in

My only possible dillema is timezones, as I think most dudes on here are from the US, but it should be easy to coordinate

TheIronz
02-25-2015, 10:46 PM
Thankyou guys so much.

I thought about timezones, but with a full month to film I think everyone should get a good chance at it. There will be some team challenges to keep the incentive there, but a team could do perfectly well if everyone got their clips solo.

Anyone have any idea's on how we decide who goes on what team? Randomise maybe? Or could we all decide like grown-ups without bickering?:rolleyes: haha

Felly
02-26-2015, 12:17 AM
When do you want to release it?
Because at the moment my pc is dead, so can't do shit atm. But i can ask if i could use my brothers laptop, but if that's not possible.....

Hope my pc is fixed in time so i can join KOTR :)

TheIronz
02-26-2015, 08:00 AM
This is very much open to discussion.

I think that the best bet, would be like second monday of march, and running for 4 weeks. What does everyone else think about it?

TheIronz
02-26-2015, 10:25 AM
I also just thought, we are gonna need judges. Im sure we can get together judges between the competitors, but if any "impartial adjudicators" out there wish to step up, that'd be awesome.

xfreeZe
02-26-2015, 10:56 AM
yeee I´m down

TheIronz
02-26-2015, 01:49 PM
Your in Freeze.

Has anyone got any preference on who they wanna be teamed with?

Edit: I've decided the start date of the comp. Monday 9th March

Edit: Edit: Made the OP a little neater and more understandable

arthurnunes98
02-26-2015, 03:26 PM
yeah timezone sucks... and i think we dont have to care about the teams as long as they are all equal, is just a fun shit hahaha

TheIronz
02-26-2015, 11:26 PM
Yeah, I'm down with a randomised team, but if anyone does have a preference, and it isn't unfair to everyone else. Let me know.

Im up to about 30 challenges already. This list is gonna be a big one! Obviously you aint gotta film everything, but there will be plenty of choice on what you do film.

Felly
02-27-2015, 01:30 AM
when i'm home from school, i will ask it for the second time if i can use my brothers laptop... because i really want to be in this! :o

If i'm in, i want to be in a team with Freeze do, hes my homie hahahaha

xfreeZe
02-27-2015, 12:09 PM
when i'm home from school, i will ask it for the second time if i can use my brothers laptop... because i really want to be in this! :o

If i'm in, i want to be in a team with Freeze do, hes my homie hahahaha

Yis bluud

EmmitBrown
03-01-2015, 09:49 PM
Bump for the Knights of the Round, or whatever this thing is called

TheIronz
03-01-2015, 10:26 PM
Although I've titled it King Of The Road, I've been calling it King Of Carverton to avoid confusion. Call it what you will...

I think the list is prolly at around 100 challenges right now, trust me, there will be no shortage of what to try and do next.

Ideally though, I'd like 1 more person, 3 teams of 3 would make a better video that 4 teams of 2 in my head atleast.

EmmitBrown
03-01-2015, 11:47 PM
Im calling it Klaws of the Rooster then

TheIronz
03-02-2015, 06:34 AM
Anyone got any challenges they would like to see added? I think im just about done with the list other than what you guys may have come up with.

Felly
03-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Could anyone please film me?
Freeze, or coola or someone else? :) otherwise i'm out of KOTR :(

Felly
03-02-2015, 10:12 AM
IM IN!! My home FreeZe is filming my ass! :)

TheIronz
03-02-2015, 02:29 PM
Cool Felly, Im gonna throw you in with FreeZe for now. Probably gonna make this a 3x3 type thing but im not 100% how active my to buddies St0nedStar and AlbinoRhino plan on being, wouldn't be very fair to somebody if they had 2/3 of the team being abit slack.

So we will see how it pans out if we get more riders or not, if we go with what we have now, you guys can just be a threesome team, shouldnt be a huge advantage if your filming together. I'll just tweak certain challenges to fit.

Edit: I think its about time we got some Team Names in. Anybody got any opening suggestions?

arthurnunes98
03-02-2015, 03:27 PM
freeze do u have a PS3? if so, could you also record my clips?

Jonobn
03-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Is there any room left?

EmmitBrown
03-02-2015, 08:52 PM
Is there any room left?

zebraman is on my team. i called it first

TheIronz
03-02-2015, 10:19 PM
Jonobn, your in homie.

Jonobn
03-02-2015, 11:12 PM
Yayz!

EmmitBrown
03-03-2015, 01:16 AM
Who will be editing? My clips will be 1080p .mov files. Let me know if a different, and which, format would be preffered.

Jonobn
03-03-2015, 01:54 AM
Only problem is I no longer have a computer. So I can't record my clips.

EmmitBrown
03-03-2015, 02:29 AM
I don't care. I'm keepin him on the team. (That was directed @ironz regarding the zebra's lack of computer.)

@zebra do you have any other options? Could you record it with a digi phone and email clips? If you can think of any way to get clips, go for it...if not no biggie. Im not kickin anyone from the team for lack of participation, tho.

Jonobn
03-03-2015, 04:58 AM
@Emmit hit me up on Xbox in the am so we can talk aboot it. I just got off work so im gonna crash. I'll be on tomorrow most of the day tho. Plus, then I can give a sneak peek at a few new parks.

TheIronz
03-03-2015, 10:47 AM
Emmit: I will be editing. Im sure everyone's gonna be sending on all kinds of resolution clips and formats, so whatever you get at the end of capture of whatever is fine. If worst comes to worst I will ask later if something else is available or find or buy a convertor.

And on the Jonobn note, Like Emmit said, any capture method is fine so webcam it, digi-cam or phone cam is all good, if you are gonna go down that route, Try and get a tripod or something to minimize shaking if you can, and also try and save up a bunch of clips and film them together, so they have the same background light and stuff.

and finally, Any thoughts on team names? Maybe go with a theme and everyone gets something related. Literally first thing off my head would be like.... Fast food? Team Burger, Team Fries, Team Shake and team.... Apple pie?!

Something like that... but not that... unless we got some real ideas. Im for either.

momadaddy
03-03-2015, 10:55 AM
team theirondaddy

TheIronz
03-03-2015, 11:27 AM
team theirondaddy

I don't like it, I flucking LOVE IT! IROOOOOOOONNNNNNDAAAAADYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

edit: I felt the need to tell you, you should read that last part in an intense japanese anime voice.

xfreeZe
03-03-2015, 12:53 PM
My choice is Sozzl if that coo

Felly
03-03-2015, 01:12 PM
My choice is Sozzl if that coo

Let's call our team "Sad Boys"? Lol haha #yunglean

EmmitBrown
03-03-2015, 02:04 PM
My choice for team name is Japan Four because the zebra's clippity-cloppity hooves remind me of Freddy Got Fingered. Im up for any name tho.

TheIronz
03-03-2015, 02:39 PM
Freeze and Felly, figure out which you agree on and I'll put yours up.

IronDaddy and Japan Four are in effect.

EmmitBrown
03-03-2015, 07:42 PM
Anyone got any challenges they would like to see added? I think im just about done with the list other than what you guys may have come up with.
Did you add any "perform anywhere" tricks? If the list is full already don't worry about it, but if you're still addin some stuff maybe throw in a couple that we could do anywhere, like in a DLC, or S2, if we wish

@Emmit hit me up on Xbox in the am so we can talk aboot it. I just got off work so im gonna crash. I'll be on tomorrow most of the day tho. Plus, then I can give a sneak peek at a few new parks.
Sorry, my live ran out in Jan. I switched fully to PS regarding online.

TheIronz
03-03-2015, 10:11 PM
As of right now, every challenge can be done anywhere. Off the top of my head, I think only 1 challenge is a specific trick, I made the others so there would be alot of ways to complete the challenges. I am abit hesitant to add any DLC or Skate 2 specific challenges incase others don't have it.

As for the actual sharing of the list, Im thinking I will do a dropbox or something with a PDF, JPEG and text versions of the list. I will also make a new thread here with it too.
Sound good for everyone?

EmmitBrown
03-03-2015, 10:27 PM
Word. Yeah i wasn't suggesting dlc specific spots, just was hopin we'd have the dlc as an option for a few. Sounds good.

TheIronz
03-03-2015, 10:47 PM
Completely forgot a whole challenge set that are spot specific. There are around 5 challenges that are to film 5 tricks or lines at specific spots within Port Carverton. They where mainly made so if you wanted to just get a challenge done without searching for a spot, there was a set there to just go do whenever. Not gonna be super high scoring challenges, but the way the scoring is, you could win by blitzing little challenges, or hit a few of the biggies and still be about equal.

Felly
03-04-2015, 12:12 AM
Completely forgot a whole challenge set that are spot specific. There are around 5 challenges that are to film 5 tricks or lines at specific spots within Port Carverton. They where mainly made so if you wanted to just get a challenge done without searching for a spot, there was a set there to just go do whenever. Not gonna be super high scoring challenges, but the way the scoring is, you could win by blitzing little challenges, or hit a few of the biggies and still be about equal.

That's sick buddy! :)
And about the name i will contact freeZe today :p

TheIronz
03-04-2015, 06:41 AM
Cool, glad you liked the idea. So far the challenge sets are;

Skating based (usually will be a specific thing, like wall ride to this or manual to that, however the flips or grabs you choose to do are up to you)
Wacky based (Quirky things such as getting any trick off a particular prop, sometimes not even involving a skateboard)
Spot Based (5 tricks or lines at specific spots, trick choice is up to you)
"Editors Friend" based (Things to help me make a video, may be filming scenery or bails)
"The best" based (things like best transition trick, best rail trick)

Also, I have added to overall rules.

1) All clips considered useable, whether used or not will earn points
2) All clips that make the edit will earn points

xfreeZe
03-04-2015, 09:25 AM
Cool, glad you liked the idea. So far the challenge sets are;

Skating based (usually will be a specific thing, like wall ride to this or manual to that, however the flips or grabs you choose to do are up to you)
Wacky based (Quirky things such as getting any trick off a particular prop, sometimes not even involving a skateboard)
Spot Based (5 tricks or lines at specific spots, trick choice is up to you)
"Editors Friend" based (Things to help me make a video, may be filming scenery or bails)
"The best" based (things like best transition trick, best rail trick)

Also, I have added to overall rules.

1) All clips considered useable, whether used or not will earn points
2) All clips that make the edit will earn points

Best transition trick huh, Sozzled prepare for the battle of your life hahaha

TheIronz
03-04-2015, 12:55 PM
When the whole list goes up, War commences!

EmmitBrown
03-04-2015, 01:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41cJUliIuH0

TheIronz
03-06-2015, 01:54 PM
I was just thinking about when this goes live and we all start filming...

Do you guys think its worth filming everything at 50% speed for the sake of the 60 frames per second? I am perfectly happy to do it and also to double it for everyone in the edit, but is it worth the extra hassle?

Give me your 2 cents guys...

EmmitBrown
03-06-2015, 02:22 PM
We'd need two of every clip then to get the audio right. A half speed and a straight clip

TheIronz
03-06-2015, 03:34 PM
MovieMaker automatically speeds up audio with the video, so if someone was to give me everything half-speed. I could do a 2X speed render of the whole set before cutting up to edit.

I could also do it in Ableton if MM was not doing it so well.

momadaddy
03-06-2015, 06:25 PM
Why do you use movie maker? You can get Vegas for free on YouTube

TheIronz
03-07-2015, 04:13 AM
I don't use any one program on its own. Movie Maker is just good for me because my capture card auto-outputs to it, its really quick to cut up a stream of me going through the replays, and it has a couple of easy features.

Also, it never crashes. Once I have my goodies I use whatever is best for what im trying to get, currently using expression for image overlays but its abit buggy on my laptop.

ColeSlaw
03-07-2015, 11:30 AM
If ya'll need any last second members for a team hmu. This sounds so cool!

TheIronz
03-07-2015, 11:34 AM
You wanna be on Team 4? You can choose if you wish between teams 1 and 4 but just didn't want to appear to be giving myself any extra advantage.

ColeSlaw
03-07-2015, 11:52 AM
add me to one of the teams, doesn't matter to me :p

TheIronz
03-07-2015, 11:55 AM
Cool, your Team 4. And as those guys ain't on the forums, you get to pick the team name.

I work with the two riders in your team, so I can communicate between you if you ever need.

ColeSlaw
03-07-2015, 11:58 AM
do they have skype? I could talk to em there

EmmitBrown
03-07-2015, 01:58 PM
Yeah, Vegas and Premier are the bees knees

TheIronz
03-07-2015, 02:55 PM
do they have skype? I could talk to em there

I will ask them for you.

EmmitBrown
03-07-2015, 03:15 PM
Oh my point about two copies of clips was so the audio would be clean as opposed to slowed down and then sped back up.

TheIronz
04-06-2015, 10:43 PM
As I have been informed there may be some people who have pulled out of the contest, (or so it seems at this point) Can I get a head-count of who is still participating?

Tabloid
04-07-2015, 12:55 AM
i'm still here dawg

xfreeZe
04-07-2015, 08:17 AM
tha gnarbois are still at it

TheIronz
04-07-2015, 10:46 AM
Thankyou guys for responding. As you may of seen ColeSlaw seems to have been dicked over, so I wanna get him into a team. Stoned5tar seems inactive on my team, so if you guys' teams still seem good and active, I can just group ColeSlaw in with I.D Collective.

Also, all other active players, please just confirm.

momadaddy
04-07-2015, 02:16 PM
imm in

TheIronz
04-07-2015, 10:43 PM
Looks like some re-shuffling may need to occur, I will do my best to not be defeated by this.

momadaddy
04-08-2015, 11:13 AM
see who sends clips and redo the teams accordingly

arthurnunes98
04-08-2015, 12:08 PM
like ive already said i just need someone to record my tricks and im fine

TheIronz
04-08-2015, 11:10 PM
Moma: That is the plan currently.

Arthurnunes: I thought we sorted it so every team had a filmer? I don't know anyway I could film your tricks other than if we do them together online in a session.

Felly
04-09-2015, 04:23 AM
Oh shit we have untill the 13th... i thought we had untill the 18th :p
Need to hurry than, need a couple of more clips! :)

TheIronz
04-09-2015, 07:41 AM
The race is on Felly! Time is almost up.

EmmitBrown
04-09-2015, 11:18 AM
@arthur sorry man, i didn't realize you needed a filmer. i thought we just needed one for team challenges. i don't have a cap card or anything. i just digicam the tv. i also don't have Live anymore, just psn. are u on xbox or ps? if you're on ps the youtube upload might work, but i have no experience using it in Skate. ive only done youtube uploads from p4 so i don't even know how it worked in Skate.

arthurnunes98
04-09-2015, 12:14 PM
@arthur sorry man, i didn't realize you needed a filmer. i thought we just needed one for team challenges. i don't have a cap card or anything. i just digicam the tv. i also don't have Live anymore, just psn. are u on xbox or ps? if you're on ps the youtube upload might work, but i have no experience using it in Skate. ive only done youtube uploads from p4 so i don't even know how it worked in Skate.

np homie, my yt upload doesnt work apparently, it says that i need the filmer pack.

arthurnunes98
04-09-2015, 12:18 PM
im on psn only btw

EmmitBrown
04-09-2015, 12:58 PM
ah. i didn't know the youtube thing was a filmer pack feature

arthurnunes98
04-09-2015, 03:25 PM
ah. i didn't know the youtube thing was a filmer pack feature

so its no downloadable anymore? cuz i searched for it and didnt find it :(

EmmitBrown
04-09-2015, 11:39 PM
i don't know. haven't searched for it in a while. honestly it would be kind of ignorant of them to keep selling it with .reel down :( but it's EA so it's surprising if they removed it

TheIronz
04-10-2015, 02:24 AM
Arthur, i've pm'ed you my email bud.

Felly
04-10-2015, 07:21 AM
Finished my clips! :D
Ironz i send you an PM with a screenshot of my clips, so you can check if they are all allowed! :D

TheIronz
04-10-2015, 12:29 PM
Im getting pumped, if anybody is ready drop their clips in the dropbox provided over on the list thread, then we wont hit any size limits on the box.

Cant wait for this, everybody that has worked on this, Thankyou.

momadaddy
04-12-2015, 07:29 PM
sent. check pm

momadaddy
04-12-2015, 08:15 PM
hold on to your butts

TheIronz
04-12-2015, 10:36 PM
The time is almost here guys. Midnight tonight the filming ends.

If there is any issues which mean people cannot get their clips to me by then, a few days grace period will be allowed, but keep it fair everybody. NO MORE FILMING CHALLENGES AFTER TONIGHT!

If you could let me know that you've uploaded once you have then I can get them all saved and cleared so there is space for the next person.

Tabloid
04-13-2015, 06:52 AM
just rendering all of mine into .mp4 ironz, will be sure to upload within next 24 hours!

TheIronz
04-13-2015, 11:37 AM
That's what I was looking forward to reading after a shitty day at work. Thank you Tabloid

Also, just so I can do about of watching and figuring out, did anyone else do the "pro ska ter mini part"? If so I wanna edit the part as closely as I can to guy the style of that skater.

arthurnunes98
04-13-2015, 02:52 PM
did u receive my clips? didnt have time to record all of them sorry man ill try like now haha

TheIronz
04-13-2015, 10:29 PM
Yeah I did Arthur, I thought I messaged you back. I got 11 emails. That sound like the right number?

arthurnunes98
04-14-2015, 12:02 PM
Yeah I did Arthur, I thought I messaged you back. I got 11 emails. That sound like the right number?

i think 1 email wasnt sent because of some random problem, its a trick from that 2nd and navy challenge... sorry about the numbers of email dude, my dropbox is shit and my email doesnt support multiple clips in a single email apparently :(

TheIronz
04-14-2015, 12:11 PM
Don't sweat it man, I was fully prepared for a hefty work-load when I started this, and collecting some clips from emails is a light jog compared to the marathon of editing come.

Good work on the skating too, all the clips where really tight skating, one or two have some issues in terms of the handheld camera, but I'm pretty sure I can crop them to be useable.

Also, you end up finding someone who can record it in better quality in the near future, as I have seen what you have done, you could re-record any and send those in and I will swap them in later, but if not, it's all good man.

Anyways.... Did you have fun?

arthurnunes98
04-14-2015, 12:21 PM
Don't sweat it man, I was fully prepared for a hefty work-load when I started this, and collecting some clips from emails is a light jog compared to the marathon of editing come.

Good work on the skating too, all the clips where really tight skating, one or two have some issues in terms of the handheld camera, but I'm pretty sure I can crop them to be useable.

Also, you end up finding someone who can record it in better quality in the near future, as I have seen what you have done, you could re-record any and send those in and I will swap them in later, but if not, it's all good man.

Anyways.... Did you have fun?

so u saying i have a future in fake skating? haha jk man, im to critic about myself, so everything needs to look smooth to me... and yeah i had a lot of fun doing this, i really wanna dig in this community in contests fl's and shit haha, but sucks that i can afford anything from the game, dlc's, cap cards and stuff :(

TheIronz
04-14-2015, 12:37 PM
Your future is bright.

And CAP cards and stuff are only getting cheaper, you may find a bargain someday soon, just keep your eyes peeled.

arthurnunes98
04-14-2015, 12:41 PM
Your future is bright.

And CAP cards and stuff are only getting cheaper, you may find a bargain someday soon, just keep your eyes peeled.

maybe if i find an easy i will get it anyway haha, i dunno its has that vx vibe to it

TheIronz
04-14-2015, 10:36 PM
OK guys, so far I have the footage from Momadaddy, Arthurnunes and Tabloid but that still leaves a whole bunch of you to get them in.

If any of you have the other riders on PSN or Xbox, if you could send a reminder message for me, that would be awesome.

TheIronz
04-15-2015, 11:23 AM
Just watched through your footy Tabloid, Dayum! You went HARD! Your "Jersey Gore" clips are some of the best barrier skating I have ever seen on Skate, and I also real life LOL'ed at your "worlds strongest man".

You and Moma are the ones to beat right now for the solo skater award, but who knows what may happen when the points start getting added for each team!

TheIronz
04-15-2015, 12:40 PM
More solid footy from Freeze and Velocity. Some really dope clips guys.

Some of the clips are named (velocity and freeze), some don't have a named skater and some seems to be non-english titles... Any way of deciphering who is who from these?

momadaddy
04-15-2015, 07:18 PM
so how many people total are going to participate?

TheIronz
04-15-2015, 09:48 PM
Your guess is as good as mine at this point MomaDaddy.

Felly
04-16-2015, 10:07 AM
If sended my clips to Iron :)

TheIronz
04-16-2015, 12:27 PM
Ok, we are getting somewhere now. AlbinoRhino has footy, but needs to give me his hard-drive to capture it.

Just waiting on Sad Boys.... *yells into the ether*

TheIronz
04-19-2015, 06:48 AM
Ok guys, update time.

I figure that what I have now is going to be all I get, but I still got tons of good stuff so thats not a problem. Im going to edit the "pro-skater mini-parts" first, then team intro's. I am also gonna be adding up all the points (excluding bonus point). So that being said, there will still be time if anyone does pop up with footage, So if your on the list but have not submitted yet, just submit when you can, at worst case, it wont get used, but it probably will.

arthurnunes98
04-19-2015, 12:58 PM
Ok guys, update time.

I figure that what I have now is going to be all I get, but I still got tons of good stuff so thats not a problem. Im going to edit the "pro-skater mini-parts" first, then team intro's. I am also gonna be adding up all the points (excluding bonus point). So that being said, there will still be time if anyone does pop up with footage, So if your on the list but have not submitted yet, just submit when you can, at worst case, it wont get used, but it probably will.

the team intro its like random footy?

TheIronz
04-19-2015, 10:20 PM
Im gonna make quick intro's using clips provided by the team, and also some of the b-roll challenge footage.

Felly
04-20-2015, 12:17 AM
Im gonna make quick intro's using clips provided by the team, and also some of the b-roll challenge footage.

Cool! :D

momadaddy
04-20-2015, 10:09 PM
i'm hyped. what at the teams

TheIronz
04-20-2015, 10:42 PM
This will be finally decided once I add up the first round of point scoring, at the moment it looks like the teams will stay as they are, but there will be 3 teams instead of 4.

It will come down to the smallest team videos rough length... For example, when I add up the unedited footage, if they are all around the same run-time, same team-mates but 1 less team. If one is drastically shorter than the others, I will do a switch around to get them to be all roughly together.

momadaddy
04-20-2015, 11:16 PM
cool cool. thanks for all the hard work

arthurnunes98
04-21-2015, 07:31 AM
sent u a pm ironz

TheIronz
04-26-2015, 01:33 AM
Sorry to be late getting back to you zzcoolapcs. Great footy, your prop clips are crazy good!

Couple of issues though, the line in a halfpipe is in a Create-A-Park which isn't allowed in this contest. Sorry about that.

And the clips of Tom Knox, Im guessing this is a buddy of yours? He is ok to be in with these clips if he wants, but I will need the edit without music. If you or he can do that then resend a new version with just game audio and I will work him in aswell.

Tabloid
04-26-2015, 03:43 AM
tom knox is a irl skater isn't he lol? was in SKATE London

TheIronz
04-26-2015, 04:02 AM
Now I feel like a n00b, that could be what that section is about, and why it is edited.

ZZ can I get a confirmation please? If its the case it is the Pro-Skater mini-part that you did an excellent job and saved me some time!

Wiltzuh
05-06-2015, 01:05 PM
I am

momadaddy
05-06-2015, 02:34 PM
I am u r wat?

Wiltzuh
05-07-2015, 03:29 AM
u r wat?

:-)

iBeSkatin
05-07-2015, 08:32 PM
Damn i Hate i missed this was really pushing for this back in the day :( BUt glad to see it happening

momadaddy
05-10-2015, 09:57 PM
how's it going? eagerly awaiting

TheIronz
05-10-2015, 10:34 PM
I'd say im right at the 50% mark right now. I have been hella busy with work so that has slowed me down a little. , but its definatly coming along well.

momadaddy
05-11-2015, 03:04 AM
50% is further than i was expecting. there is no rush. take your time

TheIronz
05-11-2015, 06:44 AM
50% is further than i was expecting. there is no rush. take your time

Best . Attitude . Ever

momadaddy
05-15-2015, 07:28 PM
seriously though. i'm fricken hyped

momadaddy
07-07-2015, 10:31 AM
Made any more progress as of late?

momadaddy
07-29-2015, 07:39 PM
yoyoyoyoyo hows it coming. i havent forgot

TheIronz
07-29-2015, 10:12 PM
The diamond has been dug from the ground, cleaned and cut. It just needs a thorough polish to get it up to showroom quality.

I apologise for it taking so long, they are reasons, but its just the way it is....

momadaddy
07-30-2015, 01:42 PM
that's so cool. sorry for asking so much. just excited. how are you planning on releasing it

Pifachu
07-30-2015, 11:29 PM
that's so cool. sorry for asking so much. just excited. how are you planning on releasing it

free dvd in the next issue of thrasher

momadaddy
09-13-2015, 11:09 PM
hype hype

TheIronz
09-14-2015, 03:15 AM
Progress update.

Intro's are getting finishing touches, then I will upload these first to let everyone see the final team rosters.

I had to switch them up to get the points and run-times of the edits abit closer, to bring some anticipation for the final video with all the "bonus points".

My plan is to get all the intro's up before my holiday in two weeks, and the actual videos shortly after I get back. I know its been a long flucking road, and no-one has more calloused feet because of it than me, but I am still 100% on this. Thankyou for your patience everybody.

momadaddy
10-10-2015, 06:49 PM
the struggle is real

Antwan
10-18-2015, 03:58 PM
Sounds rad Ironz! This dude got so many clips from you all. Surprised its going anywhere, massive! Keep it up man.

sad
11-02-2015, 08:16 AM
is this still a thing?

TheIronz
11-02-2015, 12:26 PM
With all that is left in me, yes.

Pifachu
12-12-2015, 04:16 PM
where are we located in the process ?

Roflcopter
12-12-2015, 06:18 PM
Any plans on doing this again for 2016?

TheIronz
12-13-2015, 11:06 PM
Obligatory Excuse - Laptop sharing has be down to editing in 3 - 4 clip sessions. I know it sounds crazy, but I get shit for using it that much as it is my Girlfriends laptop used for her work as a Clinical Psychologist.

In terms of release, Its so close to being finished, As we are like 11 days from Christmas, if I can finish it by then or before, seems like a good time to drop it. If all else fails, I will finish it by New Years... After all, it is KOTR 2015.

Will it happen again? - Short answer, Hell Yes it will!

That is of course assuming people would want to do it again, maybe right now people wouldnt be stoked on it, but once this years comes out, I hope people would see how fun it came out and want to give it a whirl. Even with all the hassle I have had trying to pull this off, I have loved every second of it.

Roflcopter
12-14-2015, 12:54 AM
I was looking at the list, looks like it would have been fun as fuck, wish i came back sooner to be a part of it.
I'm down as fuck if you ever plan on doing it again, hyped as fuck to see how it turns out.

TheIronz
12-14-2015, 04:55 AM
I appreciate it dude. The contest was super fun, lots of stuff that I was trying that I never would of otherwise...

I hope it will happen again when 2016 rolls around...

momadaddy
12-17-2015, 08:33 PM
hype hype hype