View Full Version : SkateCC Head Over

nubmarine1
04-29-2009, 01:59 PM
head over to

www.skatecc.net

register to help a new community skate site ran by team REIGN get pumping

seamonkeymadnss
04-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Did you seriously just post your "New Skate Community" in the skate news of a skate community? Come on.

nubmarine1
04-30-2009, 01:33 AM
Did you seriously just post your "New Skate Community" in the skate news of a skate community? Come on.

"Your New Skate Community"

no try.., reading, the power of understanding and misinturpritation for those that cant..

and when I read general Skate.2.News

ill take a guess and say that means 'Whats Going on in the World of Skate 2'

Fluckit.News is an intirely different Place so..make the noise coming out your mouth go away please

eflixxx
04-30-2009, 02:14 AM
i dont see the point.. why spread all around on diffrent places, isnt it better for "community" to be united (fukk the pun) on one arena, or atleast as few as possible? we already have way to many..

if its a team forum, why do you want other people there?

nubmarine1
04-30-2009, 03:39 AM
i dont see the point.. why spread all around on diffrent places, isnt it better for "community" to be united (fukk the pun) on one arena, or atleast as few as possible? we already have way to many..

if its a team forum, why do you want other people there?

its not a team forum
the guys tryed to pick up where united forums left off
just abit of traffic would be nice oh well i tried

eflixxx
04-30-2009, 03:54 AM
why make more forums? whats wrong with fluckit and skatethis/skatehell?

Bud Muhnquai
04-30-2009, 05:51 AM
Awesome failure.

This is the only community site I have any intention of visiting. But thanks for the invite.

Embers BLS
04-30-2009, 11:20 AM
I guess we can call this thread, ASSHOLES need apply.

Give the guy a break.
There isn't anything wrong with starting a site/forum.
Just because the few of you are dedicated to this site, doesn't mean you have to rip on what someone else is working on.

Seriously, calm down. If you don't care about what they are doing, then move on.

You look like fucking children.

BeatChemist
04-30-2009, 03:15 PM
I get what you're saying Embers... but you gotta admit... posting a thread on a Skate 2 forum about a new Skate 2 forum, in an attempt to help start a "new community skate site" - well it comes off a bit odd. And slightly dismissive of the folks who are trying to run/improve/strengthen this site.

I agree there's no need to be an ass about it, but... it's an odd move for sure.

Just seems like it's adding to the fragmentation of the Skate. community. I already check fluckit and ea forums... why have another?

Embers BLS
05-01-2009, 07:43 AM
Agreed. But, where else is there to post it? Honestly?
Why do people feel so threatened by this?
I'm all for community unity, and whatnot, but I also have nothing against people doing their own thing.

If they feel they can get something else from what they are doing, then I say go for it.

What I don't agree with is people being complete assholes about something so simple. Either you are into what they are doing, or you are not. Period.

There is simply no reason to rip on somebody for attempting to get more people to take a look at their site. The people that regularly visit this site, are STILL going to visit this site. Everyone has their place, where they like to go.

It was all a knee-jerk reaction by the couple people in this thread,
something you'd see straight out of the EA forum... there isn't any need for that here.

That is the one reason I started to come to fluckit, instead of EA, everyone does their thing, and gets a fair shake. I plan on continuing that.

BeatChemist
05-01-2009, 12:23 PM
It was all a knee-jerk reaction by the couple people in this thread,
something you'd see straight out of the EA forum... there isn't any need for that here.

Yeah I agree with you.

I'm just playing devil's advocate. No need for hostility. To be honest that's why I started checking out this forum as well.

amp93
05-01-2009, 12:29 PM
People have their right to be mad because we all respect Get Stoked and we dont need other people trying to "steal" users from here and go somewhere else....

Look at it this way guys..... you have a restaurant and your getting a lot of customers..... and then..... some guy comes up infront of your restaurant and puts up a giant sign saying "Come to our new restaurant!"

Its just rude

seamonkeymadnss
05-01-2009, 09:14 PM
I think everyone just needs to chill. The only reason I got "worked up" was for the simple reason that there's a new news post, which is rare and usually pertains to actual news directly about skate, but instead it's an advertisement for about the 7th new forum. It felt like was getting rick roll'd and in the same sense, it had that head-in-palm dissapointment.

Then I look back and I've been attacked, called stupid, illiterate, and ignorant and a whole nother war breaks out. Everybody just needs to slow down. Listen to some reggae or something. Shit.

Embers BLS
05-02-2009, 08:12 AM
People have their right to be mad because we all respect Get Stoked and we dont need other people trying to "steal" users from here and go somewhere else....

Look at it this way guys..... you have a restaurant and your getting a lot of customers..... and then..... some guy comes up infront of your restaurant and puts up a giant sign saying "Come to our new restaurant!"

Its just rude

I totally get it, I have from the start. But, it still could have been handled a TON better than it was.
Still begs the question, why so threatened?
It's more like someone walked into your resturant advertising a bagel shop.
A bit of a scale difference.

I agree this thread is in the wrong section, and wasn't exactly curteous, but, that doesn't mean people need to walk in with the "wtf, get out!" responses.

iKriminaI
05-02-2009, 11:54 AM
lol