PDA

View Full Version : On a Roll (next-gen rollerblading game) Kickstarter is up!

PoppySquidJr
05-28-2015, 09:02 AM
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/onaroll/on-a-roll

I know not everyone here is gonna care about (or even really respect) rollerblading, but for the cool guys who do, this shit is looking good.

DaaGooN
05-28-2015, 12:09 PM
Yea RB is alright..

Wonder if it has a 70s DLC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twT7WsXPoPA

momadaddy
05-28-2015, 01:17 PM
i was about to make this thread. im actually hyped about this.

emericaridr11
05-28-2015, 06:22 PM
Stoked.....

half my friends are actually rollerbladers (some Am some Pro, "whatever"... but they do fruit boot and so did I for a quick minute
some of the physics and animations still look mad goofy to me, but I'm gonna jam this for sure

might actually be the reason I buy a Xbox One or Ps4.... or the new Fallout will be my reason

SK8ERatWAR
05-29-2015, 03:55 AM
this makes me sad that there's not gonna be a next gen skateboarding game :(
but I'm stoked for you rollerbladers out there, must be exciting, like og skate was when it came out

PoppySquidJr
05-29-2015, 08:15 AM
Stoked.....

half my friends are actually rollerbladers (some Am some Pro, "whatever"... but they do fruit boot and so did I for a quick minute
some of the physics and animations still look mad goofy to me, but I'm gonna jam this for sure

might actually be the reason I buy a Xbox One or Ps4.... or the new Fallout will be my reason

yea the animations are still super early, but they're definitely on their way. I'm so hyped for this anyway. (Also, this will be on PC in case you have a decent one of those and still wanna hold out on the next gen)

NotedDerk
05-31-2015, 08:58 PM
Not typically a fan of rollerblading, but definitely not against the idea of another open world sports game. I'm sure it makes moma happy, haha, glad to see that it's nearly a third of the way to it's goal only four days in. I'm curious why I never see the kickstarter as a thread in the gaming subreddit. You typically see a few posts about wanting Skate 4 or something THPS related, why is this not getting any daylight?

Edit: I've just made a reddit account for the first time to post about this, hoping it gets some attention, join me in bringing this to people's attention folks!

http://www.reddit.com/user/BigBeefDerky/

PoppySquidJr
06-01-2015, 08:38 AM
Not typically a fan of rollerblading, but definitely not against the idea of another open world sports game. I'm sure it makes moma happy, haha, glad to see that it's nearly a third of the way to it's goal only four days in. I'm curious why I never see the kickstarter as a thread in the gaming subreddit. You typically see a few posts about wanting Skate 4 or something THPS related, why is this not getting any daylight?

Edit: I've just made a reddit account for the first time to post about this, hoping it gets some attention, join me in bringing this to people's attention folks!

http://www.reddit.com/user/BigBeefDerky/

Honestly, I'd stay away from /r/gaming. It's largely a cesspool and a circlejerk for whatever the mob agrees to like or hate. You'd have better luck on more niche subreddits, like maybe if there's a rollerblading subreddit or something. Upvoted your post either way though, can't do any harm.

ALSO, GUYS IT'S ALSO UP ON STEAM GREENLIGHT. Anyone with a PC, find that shit and vote yes

Legba
06-01-2015, 02:50 PM
The last "real/really good" blading game I can think of is Aggressive Inline (2002).
So if that's really the case then they're WAY overdue.
It looks good & I welcome it!
...Just hope it doesn't take thirteen years for someone to cook up another decent skateboarding game.

Also: Couldn't they have just called it Roll?

Antwan
06-01-2015, 03:10 PM
I'm honestly a bit upset that these kick starters seem more appealing and legit whenever a new sporty sim idea pops up.
I still want BMX The Game on my 360. I was kinda into that project. I told my friends and they actually got me stoked on it.
So I don't know, I want to believe the Internet is shady.
Also want new simulation ideas to toy with. No share from me. Glad to see effort in the area though.

Antwan
06-02-2015, 02:50 AM
So Im going to double post, I want to shed light on some of the facts here.
I have my reasons for thinking away from kickstarter.
How many games have had successful kickstarter projects?
Ok, well how many of those were successful after the failed kickstarter project and,
then going out of their way with a website?
The only project I've seen so far is BMX The Game, personally.
If it is this easy for a small team to have the technology out of the gate to have what looks Very legitimate why aren't renown companies just dominating the market?
Opinions welcomed but getting a bit side tracked.
BMXthegame.com is still a running website that is taking on live donations.
The thing that's off about this in my head is that they have fine print under "terms of service" that says something along the lines of they can give up at a moments notice if they see fit.
Take your money run, never look back.
I know thats a pretty crazy scheme for some dough but that's the facts.
I honestly Would love to hear something back proving me wrong.
Not for my sake but just for the games.
I would love to believe people aren't being exploited.

TheIronz
06-02-2015, 07:49 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-many-kickstarter-games-have-failed-to-deliver/1100-6425480/

"At time of writing, of the 186 of the successfully funded projects, 63 have made their way to market, while ten have been classified as failures."

Just a quick glance, because you got my curious too...

PoppySquidJr
06-02-2015, 10:45 AM
So Im going to double post, I want to shed light on some of the facts here.
I have my reasons for thinking away from kickstarter.
How many games have had successful kickstarter projects?
Ok, well how many of those were successful after the failed kickstarter project and,
then going out of their way with a website?
The only project I've seen so far is BMX The Game, personally.
If it is this easy for a small team to have the technology out of the gate to have what looks Very legitimate why aren't renown companies just dominating the market?
Opinions welcomed but getting a bit side tracked.
BMXthegame.com is still a running website that is taking on live donations.
The thing that's off about this in my head is that they have fine print under "terms of service" that says something along the lines of they can give up at a moments notice if they see fit.
Take your money run, never look back.
I know thats a pretty crazy scheme for some dough but that's the facts.
I honestly Would love to hear something back proving me wrong.
Not for my sake but just for the games.
I would love to believe people aren't being exploited.

This project is very unique from most that you would mention. These guys clearly had some heavy funding out of the gate, and are not using Kickstarter for their entire development process. 50k is EXTREMELY low for a game, because they don't need the full development funds, they already have a lot to work with. They just needed an extra boost to make this a reality in the immediate future, instead of being a pet project for a few years.

On the other hand, BMX The Game is being made by a few guys with computers and nothing else, and was planned to be funded entirely by Kickstarter (and is running on donation fumes as is), these guys didn't have the early funding for motion capture, they didn't have advertisement deals out the gate to buff up their funds, they're running from scratch which makes it a lot harder.

The big thing here is that, well, yea, nothing is stopping BMX from taking your money and running, but they already have a functional, working prototype for something that will make them far more money if they push on with it. That's motivation enough to trust them. If there is nothing to *show for your progress* and they are taking donations, that's when things get real sketchy.

also, renowned companies ARE dominating the market, just without Kickstarter because the development for big companies is in the millions, and asking that much on Kickstarter would be a PR nightmare when people know that they can afford it themselves.

Antwan
06-03-2015, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the info Ironz.
Good stuff Luft.
Sorry about taking the thread in this direction, I only mean well.
I've lived all over the place. California, Florida, Ohio, people are shady no matter where you go.
So To trust the word of someone online feels no different for me until proven otherwise.
If it were a bunch of guys from this community I might feel differently.
So on the flip side, they've raised 50k with just a demo.
Those used to be free and now developers only seem to release them exclusively or have them at conventions.

PoppySquidJr
06-03-2015, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the info Ironz.
Good stuff Luft.
Sorry about taking the thread in this direction, I only mean well.
I've lived all over the place. California, Florida, Ohio, people are shady no matter where you go.
So To trust the word of someone online feels no different for me until proven otherwise.
If it were a bunch of guys from this community I might feel differently.
So on the flip side, they've raised 50k with just a demo.
Those used to be free and now developers only seem to release them exclusively or have them at conventions.

the demo is a proof of progress, nothing more, nothing less. It's not intended as a marketing demo, akin to the ones that used to be provided for free. This is a game running completely off of donations.

If things still worked like the time period in mention (with free demos being a normal thing), many of these companies would not exist, and this game would not be an option. for anybody. Those were the days where without a AAA publisher to push your game, you had no chance of making it at all.

Antwan
06-03-2015, 03:18 PM
Fair enough, you're making a lot of sense but I just can't seem to shake the thought.
People coming together, what's the budget even for?
It looks well along enough already. I Know nothing about the process.
I assume if they have terrain and physics, all that, it's ready to go.
Atleast demo worthy.
You make it sound as if they are building a city based on funding.
The only place it seems legitimate to me is if the demo is ready for feedback.
Is it really so expensive to release a game on the PC?
All I've heard about is the licenses for console releases.
The only thought I muster is money is motivating them to continue using what they already have.

PoppySquidJr
06-03-2015, 04:08 PM
Fair enough, you're making a lot of sense but I just can't seem to shake the thought.
People coming together, what's the budget even for?
It looks well along enough already. I Know nothing about the process.
I assume if they have terrain and physics, all that, it's ready to go.
Atleast demo worthy.
You make it sound as if they are building a city based on funding.
The only place it seems legitimate to me is if the demo is ready for feedback.
Is it really so expensive to release a game on the PC?
All I've heard about is the licenses for console releases.
The only thought I muster is money is motivating them to continue using what they already have.

They need the money so that they can afford to work on it consistently, instead of having jobs that consume most of their time. The game is NOT ready for main release, the demo is plagued with delayed inputs, whack physics, bad animations, etc etc. It's all a work in progress, it needs a lot of polish and a ton of content before it's actually done. However, this takes a LOT of time and effort, and if they have to work full time jobs then the game won't be finished for years. Making a game costs money BECAUSE it takes so much time. People who make games for a living are seriously underpayed and overworked (unless they hit unprecedented success a la minecraft) because while this seems like a lot, it's not near as much as what they'd be making working a traditional job instead over the same time period.

I get the concerns, and there are a LOT of sketchy kickstarter projects, sketchy game projects in general. BMX and On A Roll however are pretty legit, as far as it all goes. Money isn't just a motivator, it's the means to work on the game - and nothing but the game - for months and get the game as good as possible in a reasonable time frame.

Antwan
06-03-2015, 10:11 PM
Right on.
I didn't mean the game in its entirety.
A demo is usually a small portion, area or mission from the game.
Taking years to release a demo on a 50,000 dollar budget sounds crazy to me though.
This may be my own personal beef with the way it works.
General lack of knowledge about the process maybe, but it is interesting.
So what are you saying, they complete the game then give you a portion in demo form?
A demo.. Which will likely need more done based on feedback.
I get that you need something playable but nothing else is to be seen but this fabled demo.
So it kind of is what you're paying for especially if they say they can stop making it whenever they please.
The assumption is youll recieve a game out of it?

PoppySquidJr
06-04-2015, 09:13 AM
Right on.
I didn't mean the game in its entirety.
A demo is usually a small portion, area or mission from the game.
Taking years to release a demo on a 50,000 dollar budget sounds crazy to me though.
This may be my own personal beef with the way it works.
General lack of knowledge about the process maybe, but it is interesting.
So what are you saying, they complete the game then give you a portion in demo form?
A demo.. Which will likely need more done based on feedback.
I get that you need something playable but nothing else is to be seen but this fabled demo.
So it kind of is what you're paying for especially if they say they can stop making it whenever they please.
The assumption is youll recieve a game out of it?

No no no, if they get the 50,000 dollars they need to *finish the game properly* you get the demo that they currently have IMMEDIATELY to give them feedback while they work on it! The 50,000 is for them to finish the game in a reasonable time frame, the demo is what they have *right now* to give to backers for feedback if they know they got the funding

Roccityroller
06-04-2015, 09:42 AM
I've been summoned?

backed this day one, duh.

Antwan
06-04-2015, 09:49 AM
Haha..
Got it. It's not anything I've ever looked into or heard about so I was just curious.
I have however seen developers release demos after a games release.
After that demos started to cease being made, atleast on last gen.
I guess I was relating it to the console side there.
It looks like The trial versions of digital games are the new demos and seem to exist just to make you buy the game.
You can't really give feedback on the trial version. Kinda crazy what it's become.

Roccityroller
06-04-2015, 09:56 AM
Haha..
Got it. It's not anything I've ever looked into or heard about so I was just curious.
I have however seen developers release demos after a games release.
After that demos started to cease being made, atleast on last gen.
I guess I was relating it to the console side there.
It looks like The trial versions of digital games are the new demos and seem to exist just to make you buy the game.
You can't really give feedback on the trial version. Kinda crazy what it's become.

The problem is you are console gaming. Early access like this is the norm on PC. SNOW is a good example. Skiiing game, ala skate, and i've had it on early access for over a year (I think Luft told me about it). There's a forum on steam for it, people give input and the game is updated and improved on a regular basis. "The Golf Club" was the same way, years before it ever released on console.

This is what's happening here. I'm backing it the same way i would buy and early access copy on Steam. I support it, give input, and receive (usually) a copy for free or a discounted rate at the end of early access.

PoppySquidJr
06-04-2015, 01:11 PM
The problem is you are console gaming. Early access like this is the norm on PC. SNOW is a good example. Skiiing game, ala skate, and i've had it on early access for over a year (I think Luft told me about it). There's a forum on steam for it, people give input and the game is updated and improved on a regular basis. "The Golf Club" was the same way, years before it ever released on console.

This is what's happening here. I'm backing it the same way i would buy and early access copy on Steam. I support it, give input, and receive (usually) a copy for free or a discounted rate at the end of early access.

Yep, this is pretty much it right on the head. PC gaming is a different beast from console, because PC allows the Early Access model to be used properly (and improperly in unfortunate circumstances). Many, many, many PC games nowadays use the early access model to allow people to buy their game early (at a lower price) and help them improve the game as it develops, so that they have more input and more feedback to make the game more satisfactory to the people playing it.

EmmitBrown
06-04-2015, 01:57 PM
i like Airborne with seth green and jack black. it's a movie.

on topic: also the ability to get a demo functioning and released to the public takes so long on consoles that it isn't feasible for this type of job. they'd make a build, a few weeks later we'd get that build on live or psn, then play and give feedback for a week, then wait for them to work on it and put it through the ms/sony process and bam, we'd be getting a new build every month compared to daily builds on pc. it's a frustrating, slow workflow that wouldn't be useful at all.

Roccityroller
06-04-2015, 02:08 PM

on topic: also the ability to get a demo functioning and released to the public takes so long on consoles that it isn't feasible for this type of job. they'd make a build, a few weeks later we'd get that build on live or psn, then play and give feedback for a week, then wait for them to work on it and put it through the ms/sony process and bam, we'd be getting a new build every month compared to daily builds on pc. it's a frustrating, slow workflow that wouldn't be useful at all.

Probably less than that I was reading somewhere that the cost just to put something to cert is around $10k

EmmitBrown
06-04-2015, 02:50 PM
im just goin by what the devs at project cars have been saying. they say that sony and ms have a cert process that takes a week or two at the quickest, regardless of price. so console users can't participate in any build analyzation or testing because they'll either only be able to play old builds or the time it would take to recieve feedback and act on it, create a new build, cert, feedback, etc. would be so long it would drag the production time out enourmously.

edit: and supposedly even the donating members of the community that had dev kit consoles weren't allowed to test the prerelease builds of those versions due to some restrictions by sony and ms. essentially, they're the folks to blame for consoles not getting work-in-progress builds with updates

emericaridr11
06-04-2015, 03:07 PM

Devils Backbone Baby

replicant
06-05-2015, 01:49 AM
Just saw this game myself when it was mentioned on another forum.
Definitely curious to see how it turns out. I'm not a big inline fan, but
after working on Aggressive Inline I did have fun with the game. This
one looks pretty fun so I'll probably back it at the end of the month.
I am still having a lot of fun in BMX and assisting with how it is going
to shape up in the future.

saunders420
06-05-2015, 10:22 AM
this is actually pretty solid looking game/ more money the better the product. Seems like a solid IP.

Roccityroller
06-05-2015, 11:44 AM
this is actually pretty solid looking game/ more money the better the product. Seems like a solid IP.

yea it was playable at Winterclash (huge rollerblading competition in Europe) and I've heard nothing but good things so far.

PoppySquidJr
06-05-2015, 12:12 PM
yea it was playable at Winterclash (huge rollerblading competition in Europe) and I've heard nothing but good things so far.

"Unlike most people suspect, the entire game in it's current state has been built by one person. This means: coding, artwork, modeling, characters, mocap processing etc."

This is the craziest part IMO, the extra cash in the kickstarter is to help hire more help because this was done by one fucking guy. Christ that's nuts.

Antwan
06-05-2015, 03:39 PM
"Unlike most people suspect, the entire game in it's current state has been built by one person. This means: coding, artwork, modeling, characters, mocap processing etc."

This is the craziest part IMO, the extra cash in the kickstarter is to help hire more help because this was done by one fucking guy. Christ that's nuts.

That is pretty wild. Definitely get why you would want more people on.
As far as hours go though some indie developers have flown solo for console releases.
With that in mind I may have underestimated these kickstarter projects.
I still enjoyed the back and forth though.

PoppySquidJr
06-05-2015, 05:49 PM
That is pretty wild. Definitely get why you would want more people on.
As far as hours go though some indie developers have flown solo for console releases.
With that in mind I may have underestimated these kickstarter projects.
I still enjoyed the back and forth though.

Yeah man, don't get me wrong, many, many kickstarter projects are really shady and questionable, but it can usually be seen pretty quickly how legit it is. That being said, backing any kickstarter for any reason is obviously a gamble, because there's no telling what the final product will be like. In instances like this, I support the kickstarter not only for the game itself, but to support the entire industry with extreme sports games. A successful kickstarter for an inline skating game will send a message about the profitability of this genre otherwise seen as "dying." But yea, always happy to help explain the more tricky bits of the industry, especially when it comes to the PC differences to traditional console experiences.

Roccityroller
06-25-2015, 05:39 AM
IT GOT FUNDED BITCHES

PoppySquidJr
06-25-2015, 10:19 AM
IT GOT FUNDED BITCHES

WOOOOO

momadaddy
06-25-2015, 08:18 PM
I'm glad it got funded. I gave probably more than I should. But I'm pumped. Fingers crossed for advanced feecam. You can see a feecam in the videos they have put up, but I'm hoping for something like skate

saunders420
06-25-2015, 08:52 PM
1 guy though, holy fuckin shit o.O Dude is crazy. I wonder how much sleep he has been able to get. unless he is part cyborg and does it with ease in a matter of nanoseconds.

PoppySquidJr
06-26-2015, 03:48 PM
1 guy though, holy fuckin shit o.O Dude is crazy. I wonder how much sleep he has been able to get. unless he is part cyborg and does it with ease in a matter of nanoseconds.

Well it was one guy over 5 years, up until now. Still incredibly impressive, but he had some good time.

saunders420
06-26-2015, 04:03 PM
That is dedication.

Antwan
06-26-2015, 04:09 PM
Sick.
The action sports genre is picking up fast.
Looking good so far!
Bmx the game, on a roll, session.
Glad we aren't alone in wanting these things. Good stuff.

Roccityroller
07-02-2015, 07:26 AM
Pre-Alpha codes are going out. just got mine!

FYI System requirements: Intel core i5 2Ghz / 1GB HDD space / 4GB RAM / GeForce GTX 460 or equivalent

I think i got that covered Trolololol

Demzilla
07-02-2015, 08:33 AM
Is there a way you can capture your character casually rolling around.

I'm not really a inline guy but I'd love to see his hips and legs and arMs adjust while preparing for tricks.

Some knee bend action maybe...

Roccityroller
07-02-2015, 09:08 AM
Is there a way you can capture your character casually rolling around.

I'm not really a inline guy but I'd love to see his hips and legs and arMs adjust while preparing for tricks.

Some knee bend action maybe...

yea, i'll be capturing a bunch of stuff this weekend
from the footy i've seen from the pre-alpha build there's still a lot of polish to be had, namely in the animations. but i'll def have a vid up soon

momadaddy
07-02-2015, 12:32 PM
Is tha pre alpha any good. I got it but I have to go get a controller after work

Demzilla
07-02-2015, 04:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCixcIhBwAk

ha it does look a bit stiff but thats probablybecause of lot of the transition between animations isnt in yet...

looks like it has massive potential though...

his underwear through the shirt is hurting my face from laughing so much hahahaha

momadaddy
07-02-2015, 06:53 PM
What are you using to play roc? My ps4 controller is y working so I think I'll have to go buy a wired 360 controller tomorrow when I get up if that's what works. The controller menu showes a xbone controller and a ps3 controller.

PoppySquidJr
07-02-2015, 10:03 PM
Still haven't gotten my email :/

EDIT: Nevermind, Kickstarter did a dumb and used an old email instead of the one I told it to. Trying it now!

Antwan
07-02-2015, 10:30 PM
No shit. Not too shabby.
Park the only spot for now?
Curious about controls too.

PoppySquidJr
07-02-2015, 10:51 PM
No shit. Not too shabby.
Park the only spot for now?
Curious about controls too.

yea, just the park and the long guardrail leading to the mall.

Controls are a solid foundation, but not too much function to them just yet. Everything's a bit stiff and such, given its early stage. Seems to have a lot of potential though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjQTPfWNmd4&feature=youtu.be

Best I could do so far with the video editor. It certainly isn't skate's, but given the game's current state this is incredibly impressive.

momadaddy
07-03-2015, 12:14 PM
I managed to get out of the area and down to yhr mall

PoppySquidJr
07-03-2015, 12:26 PM
I managed to get out of the area and down to yhr mall

Likewise, surprised at how rideable almost all of it is. Stacked some clips there ;)

momadaddy
07-03-2015, 01:58 PM
trying to figure out how to capture my computer but here is a video i made showing how to get out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2eipEYm61k&feature=youtu.be

momadaddy
07-03-2015, 04:03 PM
how do you change the replay angles?

PoppySquidJr
07-03-2015, 04:33 PM
Hit select in the replay editor to select "Fixed camera" and you can move it around, zoom in/out, etc. then you can hit X (square on ps controller) to set a keyframe

momadaddy
07-03-2015, 05:14 PM
lets make a video. luft/roc you down?

saunders420
07-03-2015, 05:23 PM
Yo momma if you have a nvidia car you can use shadowplay, set it up in geforce experience.

you could also download msi afterburner or fraps if you want to record your gameplay.

good find on the sneak around.

still cant get over 1 guy doing this development by himself for such a long time. Kudos to him.

PoppySquidJr
07-03-2015, 05:32 PM
lets make a video. luft/roc you down?

In case you didn't catch my response in chat:

New [03-07, 20:22] Luftwaffe: (I really wanna get the hang of editing for my own sake, and I don't trust myself to do other peoples' clips justice)
New [03-07, 20:21] Luftwaffe: definitely*
New [03-07, 20:21] Luftwaffe: Well I wanna throw together my own first, but after that defintiely

Antwan
07-03-2015, 09:31 PM
Cheers Luft, was actually interested in the control scheme though.
Press a button, joystick action, etc?
Mall footy? Waitin for it! Kickstarter vid had me pretty geeked.
Someone please ride up that ramp to grind the balcony rail if it lets you. :p

PoppySquidJr
07-03-2015, 09:35 PM
Cheers Luft, was actually interested in the control scheme though.
Press a button, joystick action, etc?
Mall footy? Waitin for it! Kickstarter vid had me pretty geeked.
Someone please ride up that ramp to grind the balcony rail if it lets you. :p

Jumping/Crouching is a Trigger, right now it's a binary function but hopefully gets pressure sensitivity in the future

Grinds are done with both analog sticks in unison, grabs are largely broken right now. Body flips are done with right stick, although flatspin is the only one implemented

You move forward with A, similarly to pushing in skate. Tap for a small stride, hold for full strides.

Spins can be done with left stick or LB/RB, so that you can spin one way while jumping another or setting up a certain grind

Roccityroller
07-04-2015, 08:50 AM
I'm down for a video, i can start stacking some clips. I feel that i'm going to be too lazy to install adobe for awhile so that's prolly the fastest way to get a vid out. I've been busy so i've only got like an hour of play but i'm impressed. the style on the mo cap is so good. i am verry excited for this.

Pifachu
07-04-2015, 10:38 AM
does grind have balance ? or the rider just ''magnetize'' on the rail ?

the animation and graphic remind me of thps

PoppySquidJr
07-04-2015, 11:14 AM
does grind have balance ? or the rider just ''magnetize'' on the rail ?

the animation and graphic remind me of thps

Sadly as of now there's no grind balance and the magnetism is pretty heavy. I don't know if there will ever be balancing (considering the #1 inspiration for this is skate) but hopefully the magnetism gets toned down as the controls get more refined

momadaddy
07-04-2015, 11:15 AM
Magnatized for now. I don't know if the are going to change that. I think tre jumps are a bit too floaty but over all it's good for how early it is. I can't wait till it's done

PoppySquidJr
07-04-2015, 09:19 PM
I'm already starting to get more clips, I'll save these for a collab if everyone's down

Roccityroller
07-04-2015, 11:47 PM
Hit select in the replay editor to select "Fixed camera" and you can move it around, zoom in/out, etc. then you can hit X (square on ps controller) to set a keyframe

omg i didnt realize that you could set key frames
goodbye friends

PoppySquidJr
07-05-2015, 12:37 AM
omg i didnt realize that you could set key frames
goodbye friends

Hell yea man, you should get online on steam when you play so we can share new shit we find!

momadaddy
07-05-2015, 07:29 AM
I can't seem to get decent quality on my PC. I don't know if you guys want me in a vid with how bad the quality is

Roccityroller
07-05-2015, 10:23 AM
I can't seem to get decent quality on my PC. I don't know if you guys want me in a vid with how bad the quality is

Download FRAPS, That's what i've been using, recording at game resolution (1080p) and 60 fps

momadaddy
07-05-2015, 10:59 AM
Does fraps take a lot of resources because my PC is a little lackluster

Roccityroller
07-05-2015, 11:23 AM
Fraps is one of the least resource demanding softwares out there. it's used as a framrate benchmarking tool so it's made to be light.

http://www.fraps.com/download.php

momadaddy
07-05-2015, 11:45 AM
Cool thanks. I'll try it when I get home.

momadaddy
07-05-2015, 01:42 PM
fraps is great but my clips say fraps.com at the top. does registration make that go away? i dont want to spend $37

PoppySquidJr
07-05-2015, 02:20 PM
fraps is great but my clips say fraps.com at the top. does registration make that go away? i dont want to spend $37

I have a uh... "registered" version that I grabbed from a visit to a bay a few years ago. I don't necessarily condone that but while I have it I might as well use it.

Also for reference to quality, For the record roc/moma, I have to run the game on all the lowest settings and the best quality I can get is 720p60FPS, just for the record in case we wanted to all try to get the same resolution and framerate for a video

Roccityroller
07-05-2015, 02:35 PM
I have a uh... "registered" version that I grabbed from a visit to a bay a few years ago. I don't necessarily condone that but while I have it I might as well use it.

Also for reference to quality, For the record roc/moma, I have to run the game on all the lowest settings and the best quality I can get is 720p60FPS, just for the record in case we wanted to all try to get the same resolution and framerate for a video

oh ok i can start recording at 720p then.
I have everything turned up and it runs at ~100fps

maybe ill try to record 720p @ 100fps in case you need slo moz

PoppySquidJr
07-05-2015, 02:43 PM
oh ok i can start recording at 720p then.
I have everything turned up and it runs at ~100fps

maybe ill try to record 720p @ 100fps in case you need slo moz

Yea I'll have a new rig eventually (I have all the parts, just not the space), so sorry to hold ya back haha, hopefully it won't be too long

Roccityroller
07-05-2015, 02:49 PM
no worries i can still play at 1080p
i got 4 clips so far that are at 1080 tho

PoppySquidJr
07-05-2015, 03:48 PM
no worries i can still play at 1080p
i got 4 clips so far that are at 1080 tho

It shouldn't really be that big of a problem, I'd imagine. I have 10 clips sitting right now (not including the 16 from my solo), how many are we gonna be getting?

Roccityroller
07-05-2015, 04:30 PM
It shouldn't really be that big of a problem, I'd imagine. I have 10 clips sitting right now (not including the 16 from my solo), how many are we gonna be getting?

you tell me, i'm in deep so ill just be filming til you say stop.

Felly
07-06-2015, 02:42 AM
It looks decent though, i like the graphics and character customization (the outfits they wearing).
https://vimeo.com/131143203

But, i'm not a fan of Rollerblading... so i'm thinking of buying it if it's not to expensive. Just to see what they made of it.

Roccityroller
07-06-2015, 05:52 AM
This popped up on Reddit today, thought it might help.

(Images such as ">^" Imply up-right diagonal, X implies no input)
(Left Analog Stick is labelled "L", Right "R" respectively)
These are all assumed right food leading, mirror horizontally for left
---L---R---GRIND
---^---^---X-Grind
-->^--^---Soul
--->---^---Soyale
-->v--^--- Pornstar
--<v--^---Mistrial
---<---^---Mizou
--<^--^---Acid
---X---<--Fast Slide
---X--->--Pud Slide
---<---X--Backslide
--->---X--Torqueslide
---<---<--Royale
--->--->--Full Torque
--->---<--Unity/Savannah
---<--->--Cab driver
---X---^--Makio/Fishbrain

momadaddy
07-06-2015, 08:35 AM
its really good once you get a feel for it.

Roccityroller
07-06-2015, 08:44 AM
I'm gonna play around later and see if theres like a config file i can mess with and maybe turn some of magnetism down

PoppySquidJr
07-06-2015, 10:14 AM
This popped up on Reddit today, thought it might help.

haha I'm actually the one who posted that. Check the username ;)

I've come to notice that a *few* of those might actually be wrong, most aren't though.

Roccityroller
07-06-2015, 11:29 AM
ahahaha awesome!

PoppySquidJr
07-06-2015, 02:07 PM
https://scontent-atl1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/11666060_10153477668858216_4574192227414480022_n.j pg?oh=68044d7a1d8e713aacb75431fd3c86d1&oe=5629C558

Updated controls for grinds. Turns out none of my directions were *wrong,* they just didn't consider the required order of when you move the sticks