PDA

View Full Version : Skate House - Sunday Funday

TheIronz
06-11-2015, 07:01 AM
Me and a buddy have been toying with an idea, and just though I would ask to see if anyone has any thoughts... or if they would give us a watch...

Long story short, I own my own tyre business, and on Sundays, we usually clear the floor, get out our ramps, blocks and ledges and skate, make music, DJ... pretty much whatever the hell we want.

So the plan is to try out streaming our shenanigans on Twitch to see if anyone would enjoy tuning in... We all suck, but its fun none-the-less. First session will be quite simple, gonna open the stream with light skating on the ledges and stuff whilst building up the flat-pack quarter-pipe. Hopefully if he is available we will then be able to have a DJ with his decks take over the music, and the rest of us can skate, chat with viewers and generally have a good time.

So, any of you like this idea? Would you consider viewing if we can make it all happen.

(side note: if anyone here is experienced with Twitch setups, would you be interested in having a chat with us. Not 100% sure on how we can have music go direct to Twitch, aswell as to us in the building, without the mic's for chat getting all delayed and muddy with the background noise... I think I know how to setup multiple camera's, but havnt tried yet.)

Antwan
06-11-2015, 09:40 AM
Sounds cool.
The problem with live streaming, especially with a group like fluckit is time though.
I believe this is why you see highlights on YouTube.
Some people are in different time zones or just cant tune in at the time someone decided to stream.
That's basic stuff but just saying.
Leave your info when you get it going.
I'll have a watch, why not?

TheIronz
06-11-2015, 10:49 AM
I get what you are saying, but thats kinda one of those things that cant be fixed :(

I would like this to be able to take off and be an every sunday type deal... maybe get different flow riders and am's to come and try and tackle our shoddy built ramps and..."unique" set-ups.

If it properly took off, I might be able to negotiate some goodies for prize give-aways too... got a few board shops here that might like the advertising if it starts to get some viewers.

DaaGooN
06-11-2015, 02:42 PM
You should do it anyway, i mean most of these fluckers are on US time zones.
5/6pm our Time would be like morning/midday for them (They live in the Past)

Sound's like a laugh mate....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kor77tctYhY

Antwan
06-11-2015, 03:26 PM
Yeah, definitely do it.
I was just saying if you wanted to entice people a YouTube channel would let you clip together the highlights.
Leave your twitch there, people could tune in if they like it.
That's just one thing I've seen people do and it seems to work for them.

TheIronz
06-11-2015, 11:15 PM
If we are skating at midday then all the US boys can watch us while they chow down on their Lucky Charms!

Thanks for the motivation guys! Might not make it happen this Sunday, but if we cant then next Sunday will be the aim.