PDA

View Full Version : Forgive

eastcoastskateboard1
06-26-2015, 04:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83dhBMua994

i guess this is my come back video my owl's are a bit rusty let me know what you think.

Antwan
06-26-2015, 08:36 PM
Cool man. powerslides on a car though? Sick haha.
Keep going.

eastcoastskateboard1
06-27-2015, 08:05 AM
it was actually supposed to be a kickflip tail but i think it was an ungrindable when i did kinda looked like a powerslide though.

Noah eh
06-27-2015, 09:30 AM
Dang coast. Sick video!

Antwan
06-27-2015, 09:31 AM
Oh dope, it was. I missed it!
There was one variation in there that looks like a legit powerslide.
I've only been able to grind the hood of cars haha.
I liked the video though man, felt like you were on a mission with the close cams and fast skating.

eastcoastskateboard1
06-27-2015, 09:34 AM
Oh dope, it was. I missed it!
There was one variation in there that looks like a legit powerslide.
I've only been able to grind the hood of cars haha.
I liked the video though man, felt like you were on a mission with the close cams and fast skating.

Thank you man I am glad you enjoied the video! I think I am about the only guy left in the community that still does owls.

Antwan
06-27-2015, 09:45 AM
You may be right there.. I think Demzilla still rocks close cameras.
Most recent person I can think of filming like that.
It's hard man, I've done a video or two that way. Didn't look too bad in this one.

eastcoastskateboard1
06-27-2015, 09:53 AM
Yeah it is my filming was a bit rusty in this one but once you get the hang of them they aren't all that hard. It would be sick to collab with someone that still does them.

NotedDerk
06-27-2015, 11:22 AM
I think I am about the only guy left in the community that still does owls.

Don't ever say that again, there is still plenty of people. Other then that, the powerslides on the car were pretty neat.

eastcoastskateboard1
06-27-2015, 11:26 AM
Don't ever say that again, there is still plenty of people. Other then that, the powerslides on the car were pretty neat.

my bad derk i just haven't seen anyone do them in a while. Do you know who still does owls?

NotedDerk
06-27-2015, 11:35 AM
my bad derk i just haven't seen anyone do them in a while. Do you know who still does owls?

I still do depending on the spot and angle, whatever looks best to me, momadaddy, muhzzy, demz, fallingskyline, sickones, to name some. Just because we're not posting videos a lot, doesn't mean we aren't here man, remember that.

eastcoastskateboard1
06-27-2015, 11:52 AM
I still do depending on the spot and angle, whatever looks best to me, momadaddy, muhzzy, demz, fallingskyline, sickones, to name some. Just because we're not posting videos a lot, doesn't mean we aren't here man, remember that.

yeah i know what you mean i didnt think what you all did counted as owl cams i guess they are though now that i think about it. But I apologize for what I said.

TonyTwoTone
06-30-2015, 02:06 PM

What do you guys mean by "owls"?

Sorry if that makes me sound like an idiot, I've never heard that term before.

PoppySquidJr
06-30-2015, 02:42 PM

Owl cam, the filming method they use here with the camera in front of the skater with a fisheye lens

saunders420
06-30-2015, 02:43 PM

Instead of naturally/realistically attempting to film a trick or line. You have the OWL cam, which is just a term we use here when getting a bit more imaginative while capturing clips.
Go watch some skellibones

NotedDerk
06-30-2015, 03:15 PM
Owl cam, the filming method they use here with the camera in front of the skater with a fisheye lens

It actually means what saunders said above me, haha, not just fisheye in front. Basically anything a normal person filming couldn't do.

PoppySquidJr
06-30-2015, 04:30 PM
It actually means what saunders said above me, haha, not just fisheye in front. Basically anything a normal person filming couldn't do.

Oh shit, really? I've literally only seen it said in context of this specific view. Weird. Guess I was misled back in the day

Antwan
06-30-2015, 06:13 PM
I Had the same assumption as Luft haha.
I think we need a skate dictionary dudes.

Muhzzy
06-30-2015, 06:44 PM
Almost all of my videos are owl cams. I love filming that way.

Great video btw coast.

Muhzzy
06-30-2015, 06:46 PM

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiiOvB5alkZ0n1znJRbr0xRayTGu2Y5yX

There's my playlist of most videos with owl cams.

Demzilla
07-01-2015, 06:36 AM
Those car slides did not disappoint.

10mm
SD
All day

Unfortunately all of my s2 shit is on we game...
We game died in 2011
I no longer have my s2 Footy.

Sad demz

saunders420
07-01-2015, 08:50 AM

10mm
SD
All day

We game died in 2011

Sad demz

wegame is done NOOOOOO!!!!!!! so much good stuff gone, 2011 tho holy fuck its been awhile

TheIronz
07-01-2015, 10:32 AM
I want to do a filmer clinic with you guys. The amount of time I have spent filming close at 10mm, reset channel, film far at 75mm, reset channel, 430mm zoom!!!!!

eastcoastskateboard1
07-01-2015, 10:58 AM
I Had the same assumption as Luft haha.
I think we need a skate dictionary dudes.

same here twan

eastcoastskateboard1
07-01-2015, 11:03 AM

10mm
SD
All day

We game died in 2011

Sad demz

thanks dem

TonyTwoTone
07-01-2015, 01:23 PM
I want to do a filmer clinic with you guys. The amount of time I have spent filming close at 10mm, reset channel, film far at 75mm, reset channel, 430mm zoom!!!!!

I could definitely do with someone showing me the basics. I'm seriously shit at it.

NotedDerk
07-01-2015, 02:47 PM
Just saw that some of you wanted to learn how it's done, I don't know if anyone has a more in-depth owl cam type tutorial, but prowlin did upload a video of him filming a single trick and a line, I'll post the link below if you guys wanted to see that, but I don't want to steal away anyone from viewing coast's video, so if you're reading this, check that out first!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlXlMgE_y4o

TheIronz
07-01-2015, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the link man!

...and dont worry, I have watched it a few times!

Valley
07-02-2015, 06:22 AM
I've got a few basic filming tutorials on YouTube. But there private, that I made for Old Skooler years ago, not how to film owl cam just kinda general tips. If any new folks wants a link to them let me know and I'll post it when I get back from holiday.

TonyTwoTone
07-02-2015, 07:55 AM
I've got a few basic filming tutorials on YouTube. But there private, that I made for Old Skooler years ago, not how to film owl cam just kinda general tips. If any new folks wants a link to them let me know and I'll post it when I get back from holiday.

I'd love a link for that please mate. I'm up for learning anything new with Skate. If anyone has a link explaining ungrindables, that would be awesome too!

HCH Media
07-02-2015, 08:27 AM
dont know if there is a ug tutorial .( never checkd all self-induced ) . but its all about pervect movement after the right pop high ( dont pop to high you need the speed force .. like in real life ) you have to aim with the right stick during the whole trick and to get out of the trick .... left stick : you need to start a slow fluid backwards motion right b4 you hit the curb,ledge,rail and dont stop till you want the trck to stop .. hope this helps out .. just hit me up if you need help with any special trick .. every trick works a lil bit diffrent but in core its what i told ya . the whole thing needs lots of practice i do ug´s since skate 1 ( precise since hawk 3 on the ps2 cheat code for snowboard physics and 3 ungrindables in the game)

if i had better english and edit skills i would do a tutorial but yea:/

http://skatefluckit.com/showthread.php?t=16950

eastcoastskateboard1
07-02-2015, 10:53 AM
Just saw that some of you wanted to learn how it's done, I don't know if anyone has a more in-depth owl cam type tutorial, but prowlin did upload a video of him filming a single trick and a line, I'll post the link below if you guys wanted to see that, but I don't want to steal away anyone from viewing coast's video, so if you're reading this, check that out first!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlXlMgE_y4o

thanks derk i feel the same i thought owls were what prowlin and muhzo did.