PDA

View Full Version : Hi from crea-ture studios Montreal

crea-turestudios
06-26-2015, 08:04 PM
Hi everyone,

dub, founder of crea-ture Studios,

First of all, Thanks to everyone at skate fluck it from the Project:Session team for the awesome words about our skateboarding game teaser and warm the invites to join the Fluck it Comunity! We are really stoked to discuss skateboard and project with you guys!

To quickly introduce ourselves, we are a small independent studio located in the Montreal area in Canada. Our focus is to first have fun! second, create innovative, fun and original games driven by passion for niche audiences. We know we cannot please anyone so at least lets try to please one group really well :)

crea-ture, standing for the act of creating something, means we want to treat games as a creation, form of art, something we dream about rather than a product.

Skater myself for about 25+ years, We decided to launch the studio with a skateboarding game. Something new, inspired by skate obviously, but most importantly, the 2000s, the legendary VX1, all the skate movies from this generation that forged what skateboard is today; the 411vm, the sorry movies, toy machine: the jump of building or welcome to hell, invisible vanishing points, the bakers or the early plan B movies just to name a few! One if not the best era of skate, an authentic underground culture was defined!
So we want to bring a new way of playing skateboarding games, a concept I've been cherishing for about 10 years.

I promess you to give you more information about the game and the controls in the upcoming weeks but as the rumor goes, apparently we use two thumbsticks :rolleyes:

let's start with this, and once again thanks for the invite, we feel very welcomed to join the Fluck it community!

enjoi
-dub

i am a snail
06-26-2015, 08:08 PM
welcome creature dudes, make yrselves at home here, beer's in the fridge etc. glad to have you here

NotedDerk
06-26-2015, 08:14 PM
We are all so stoked to have you join our little community and share with us, welcome guys!

Antwan
06-26-2015, 08:19 PM
Intro of the year right here!
We're all behind you on this project.
Glad to see you know about skating, definitely a plus.
There's alot here, help yourself to anything you like.
Any questions just ask, any info just share.

saunders420
06-26-2015, 09:06 PM
Welcome Creature!

OHMY, been grinding for minute like send us a new ramp!

...."apparently we use two thumbsticks"....

Don't tease us like that lol LORD ALMIGHTY. sounds mighty fresh./ for real though. You guys are making me so excited thinking of these possibilities and what might be in store. Cant wait for more info. Super hyped. Crazy, FLUCKIT UNITE!!

momadaddy
06-26-2015, 09:10 PM
Thanks for stopping by. You have our full support. Really excited to see what comes

EmmitBrown
06-26-2015, 09:21 PM
Welcome. The teaser was great and I like the premise. This entire cpmmunity appreciates and creates many different forms of art and yours is certainly getting a lot of interest. Glad to see you here.

Seanne1986
06-26-2015, 10:10 PM
Welcome indeed! Really awesome to see you joining this community and to share your updates, ideas and so on with us when you can. Good luck with the game and like everyone said, we're all behind you guys on this.

TheIronz
06-26-2015, 10:40 PM
Welcome to the community.

When I saw the trailer posted in the chat section here, I was skeptical, and even when I saw the trailer I was thinking, "This could be an FMV"...

...But you turning up here with the knowledge you expressed has given me hope! I can now go to work dreaming of what Project: Session could become. It goes without saying that if any of us can help in anyway, I am sure we will all give you our 100% attention.

Pifachu
06-26-2015, 11:23 PM
welcome here, i am in quebec city, travel to mtl pretty often, enjoy your stay here

Jebotek
06-27-2015, 01:09 AM
Hi there, and welcome to the Flucklands

We know we cannot please anyone so at least lets try to please one group really well

This is exactly the mindset we need for a new skateboarding game and what BB failed at pretty bad...

HCH Media
06-27-2015, 02:55 AM
hello there and welcome to skatefluckit and thank you for making this amazing looking game . i know you have allready huge list of stuff that people want in the game and i totaly agree to almost all of this list . but i have 1 lil suggestion about the controls i skate ungrindables in the skate series this are ledges and curbs with no grind and slide animations i do everything with frontside and backside powerslides and it works really good after you know how ( a lean back motion with your left stick ) so my thing here is the question is it possible to have different difficulties like 1.easy 2.normal 3.hard and 4. ultra hard

1. easy= no flip trick bails , high pop , a strong magnet force to curbs
2. normal = bail flips some times and a lil bit of curb magnet force
3. hard= bail tricks with no curb magnet force at all
4. ultra hard = bail tricks , no curb magnet force . AND NO GRIND ANIMATION ( as an example a backside tailslide = have to aim the tail with the right stick Back and a lil bit to the left or right in a ballanced posision.. and the left stick in a balanced position back but when you pull back too far you slip out and when you not lean back enough you stuck ...

i hope this is halfway understandable greets from germany

here a quick video that you can see what im talking about :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCr29xf_cTI

replicant
06-27-2015, 03:31 AM
Welcome Aboard!
Pull up a recliner and enjoy your stay.

SK8ERatWAR
06-27-2015, 03:47 AM
welcome guys! I'm as excited about project session as I was for the first skate. You'll learn that many of us here will have quite a few suggestions about the game, but that's a good thing I think, you've come to the best place for that!

Valley
06-27-2015, 05:52 AM
A very warm welcome Dub, everyone is buzzing about what you guys are creating. Would you prefer it if we post out ideas on here or should we email you or send them as messages via Facebook or Twitter ?

Demzilla
06-27-2015, 07:45 AM
Welcome welcome dub and crew...

Very excited about the project...
Only suggestion today is keep twitter Facebook and the site updated as often as you can.
Every little picture gives us something to drool over while you guys can stay undistracted and worry about the task at hand...
Its the little thing that keep us going...like slappys on curbs haha..

Also...
Everyone here is at your service.

Seriously.
You'd be amazed at what this little community is capable of.
Coughskate3cough

Speaking Of....

Hey everyone.
When we get enough info to really sink our teeth into, I say we slowly merge our skate sections with project session discussions. until then Lets give these guys some breathing room and keep our hope contained In our current project session thread.

Long way to go before we get to the kick starter...

FUCKING JUICED!!!!

bengrover
06-27-2015, 07:49 AM
Welcome! If you can't tell, everyones stoked on this.

Excited to watch this develop. Pretty sure you'll have your Kickstarter backed from the dudes here alone. Pumped.

eastcoastskateboard1
06-27-2015, 08:07 AM
do you all have a website and where did the fluckers find you all?

Muhzzy
06-27-2015, 08:19 AM
Glad you stopped by! So stoked to see more info in the future. We'll be supporting you the entire way. Also, thanks for the T-Shirt (i won it on Twitter haha)

EmmitBrown
06-27-2015, 08:19 AM
@east

http://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?73654-crea-ture-Studios-first-Game-Project-Session-(Skate-game)

http://www.crea-turestudios.com

Noah eh
06-27-2015, 09:27 AM
Welcome to fluckit! Glad to have you on here. Can't wait to see the progress of this game, should be really sick by the end!

eastcoastskateboard1
06-27-2015, 09:45 AM
@east

http://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?73654-crea-ture-Studios-first-Game-Project-Session-(Skate-game)

http://www.crea-turestudios.com

Thanks emmit. I saw a few parts of the trailer I love the early 2000 feel to it especially with that ps2! The gameplay that comes up looks so much like a lot of the video footage from back in the day I really dig this game I am hella excited for it.

PoppySquidJr
06-27-2015, 12:42 PM
Love seeing you here, made my morning. I'm beyond excited for 2016, extreme sports indie games are coming around for something killer.

crea-turestudios
06-27-2015, 02:05 PM
Hi all!
Wow thanks for the welcome! Everybody here is super excited but almost anxious at the same time! :) We wish we could do all requests!
Honestly, this place is a gold mine for us! It really looks like you guys will definitely get exclusive info: P and this Idea box is really great! I will jump in right after this post is submitted!
To give you bit more information about Project: Session, I wanted to start with the overall vision of what we have in mind as a game. P: S is going to be an iterative process, a game in constant evolution in which you will definitely have a chance to be part of.
Many good things can come with it but patience must be part of the journey :)
We are making games differently. First, we are not aiming at making a Project: Session sequels in the future, simply cause as long as the game will create traction, we will develop and expend on it.
This means adding more spots, cities, tricks, gear, features etc. we won't make you wait 2 years to sell you pretty much the same game another time with a different texture set.
By doing so, another good side is; you will probably have earlier access to it!
But! (There is always a ‘’but’’…) we are sadly not aiming at making an open world, at least not at the beginning. We like to think quality over quantity. If I could make analogy of project session, it would be; we are a hand full of fine grain rather than a rock quarry :)
Our energy is on doing smooth tricks on sick unique spots with as high animation quality as we can to make sure your real reward is the closest to the satisfaction you would get when landing your trick in real-life. The concept of P:S is to bring forward the feeling of skateboarding videos and the whole spirit that comes with it. To us, skateboarding is also camping specific spots working hard to get that single trick or rip sick parts even if it takes 6 hours in the simple goal of having a great shot on tape and not particularly pushing around endlessly until you find a crispy spot. :wink:
Reality is, we are not an army like EA and it’s actually something we are quite proud of. We are still totally free to make our own decisions without being crushed by soulless business men putting profit first.
Thanks a lot for your support and be patient, you should get lot more inside the next month about Project: Session and we really hope you will like the concept!

oh and by the way, we do plan on shipping on ps4 right after or at the same time than PC :P

Thanks!

-dub

Jebotek
06-27-2015, 02:33 PM
This means adding more spots, cities, tricks, gear, features etc. we won't make you wait 2 years to sell you pretty much the same game another time with a different texture set.

to make sure your real reward is the closest to the satisfaction you would get when landing your trick in real-life. The concept of P:S is to bring forward the feeling of skateboarding videos and the whole spirit that comes with it.

We are still totally free to make our own decisions without being crushed by soulless business men putting profit first.

oh and by the way, we do plan on shipping on ps4 right after or at the same time than PC :P

WIN WIN WIN

Even though i'd wish for an Open World, the Gameplay and Physics is what matters the most.
If you give us plenty of spots to hit or the ability to create them ourselfes i don't see this being a problem at all.

saunders420
06-27-2015, 03:18 PM
Fluckin Righteous.

Valley
06-27-2015, 03:23 PM
Our energy is on doing smooth tricks on sick unique spots with as high animation quality as we can to make sure your real reward is the closest to the satisfaction you would get when landing your trick in real-life. The concept of P:S is to bring forward the feeling of skateboarding videos and the whole spirit that comes with it. To us, skateboarding is also camping specific spots working hard to get that single trick or rip sick parts even if it takes 6 hours in the simple goal of having a great shot on tape and not particularly pushing around endlessly until you find a crispy spot. :wink:

Feels like you guys know exactly what we all want from a skateboarding game, as long as there is a nice variety of unique spots to rip apart I'm gonna be playing P:S ( and filming / taking photos with it ) for a very long time to come. Thank you so much for sharing your vision with us.

PoppySquidJr
06-27-2015, 03:35 PM
WIN WIN WIN

Even though i'd wish for an Open World, the Gameplay and Physics is what matters the most.
If you give us plenty of spots to hit or the ability to create them ourselfes i don't see this being a problem at all.

Yea, as fun as it was just going between CAPs in Skate 3, I'm convinced open worlds are nice, but not exactly necessary.

SK8ERatWAR
06-27-2015, 03:51 PM
everytime I read what you guys are about it gives me more and more confidence this is going to be exactly the game we want here in this community!

TheIronz
06-27-2015, 03:53 PM
Is he Jesus?

EmmitBrown
06-27-2015, 04:08 PM
Is he Jesus?

nah, that guy lives in my toast

Radish
06-27-2015, 09:34 PM
Our salvation has arrived... A group of men have come forth bringing great joy to the people of Flucklandia. May we glorify them with praise until death meets our days.

Muhzzy
06-27-2015, 10:43 PM
Super super stoked! Only thing that sucks for me is that I don't have a PS4 or PC haha. Will it eventually come to Xbox One? If not, I'll have to invest in a PS4

momadaddy
06-27-2015, 10:58 PM
ps4 is what's up on the console front. microsoft charges way too much to publish and patch shit. just look at what they put skullgirls through.

Roccityroller
06-27-2015, 11:30 PM
PC

I'm sold

welcome to fluckit let us know what you need.

Antwan
06-28-2015, 12:19 AM
Hmm..
I might be buying a PS4 then haha.

Adding things on the fly sounds interesting.
Definitely what those major companies lack in terms of truely finalizing a product.
This sounds great.

emericaridr11
06-28-2015, 12:54 PM
Insanely righteous..... cheers "Dub" for stopping by
this place is indeed a Gold Mine
love the Extreme Quality idea, nothing better than amazing looking animation's

no Open World sounds wild, does this mean there is just little "Sections" of the world that you have to load into? (if so then no biggie)
guess Ill have to wait for more info before we hear about that, wink

another question I have is..... this is a playable game right? meaning that it's not just a Simulation where you tell the skater to do this Trick over this Gap (of course I would assume it is indeed playable, like Skate)

everything is so exciting, WELCOME and definitely don't be a "Stranger"
SLICK!!

also where did I miss the info on what consoles this game would be released on? fucking hell I wouldn't mind buying a ps4 over a xbox one

saunders420
06-28-2015, 01:04 PM
E they plan on releasing a ps4 version along the PC/Steam release and xboxone later I assume. maybe since xbox is such a hefty fee Iunno.

emericaridr11
06-28-2015, 01:13 PM
E they plan on releasing a ps4 version along the PC/Steam release and xboxone later I assume. maybe since xbox is such a hefty fee Iunno.
love that news cause I don't have $1200 for a PC Gaming Comp.... but eventually I can come up with 500-600 for a Ps4 and TV

Cheers Saunders, I know your as Stoked as I am!
and I'm sure having Console is huge for a lot of us, so Thanks "crea-ture Studios"

ILL NODERUS
06-28-2015, 03:47 PM
Welcome with the warmest regards. So much to discuss, this is extremely exciting for so many people.

Stokenstein
06-28-2015, 04:07 PM
Welcome guys! Tonight I'm going to make a section just for your game for everyone to discuss it, make suggestions and share news about it. If you need anything, just let me know!

Would love to see this game come to all the platforms and even use Steam and Xbox One's early access programs so you can make money during alpha and beta. Excited to see what happens!

crea-turestudios
06-28-2015, 06:35 PM
@stokenstein awesome stuff, really appreciated! will post stuff soon, promess! :)

HCH Media
06-29-2015, 03:42 AM
is it possible that you guy´s sell some shirts over here on fluckit maybe even sign´d one´s would be hella fun to swagger with it in a view years when the game sold million times .. also i'm crazy jealous for the

Twitter shirt winner LOL love u muhzzy ;-)

crea-turestudios
06-29-2015, 11:46 AM
@HCH Media: hehe yes this is something we could possibly try to do! I don't know yet how it works on the forum but totally, I'd love to!
for merch outside skatefluckit, there will be something really soon we are just overwhelmed by many things right now but I am going to try to fix all the website links merch etc. really really soon! :)

thanks!

HCH Media
06-29-2015, 11:54 AM
can´t say thank you enough for doing this all ... i don't know if people from black box visited this side back in the days but we really appreciate what you guys doing here :-)

Demzilla
07-03-2015, 06:51 AM
BBQ PICS?

first annual?

that mini mini ramp looked dope...

MichelQuack
07-03-2015, 05:48 PM
BBQ PICS?

first annual?

that mini mini ramp looked dope...

No BBQ yet, we will build the mini ramp on the weekend! :D

Muhzzy
07-03-2015, 08:10 PM
also i'm crazy jealous for the

Twitter shirt winner LOL love u muhzzy ;-)

<3 ;)

Stokenstein
07-03-2015, 10:31 PM
Added custom user titles to the Crea-ture profile and MichaelQuack's to let people know you're part of the Project: Session team. Let me know if any other team members join and I'll hook them up with the custom user title.

Cerebus_
07-04-2015, 03:02 AM
I'm a little late to the party, I saw the teaser yesterday. Welcome to Fluckit Crea-ture studios!

Looking forward to follow the progression of this project.

MichelQuack
07-04-2015, 06:55 AM
Added custom user titles to the Crea-ture profile and MichaelQuack's to let people know you're part of the Project: Session team. Let me know if any other team members join and I'll hook them up with the custom user title.

Thanks Stokenstein! We'll let you know if any new member joins for sure!

Boxerman08
07-04-2015, 08:46 AM
Man.. so damn stoked about all of this! Welcome to the P:S team! And to see that this team is located in Montreal... :rolleyes: