PDA

View Full Version : New Forums and Some Troubleshooting!

Stokenstein
06-28-2015, 11:30 PM
Hey everyone, just a heads up, tonight I added a new category with two new forums under it. We've got Project: General Discussion and Project: Suggestions/Feedback. These two forums are under the category for Project: Session, which if you aren't familiar is a newly announced skateboarding game from crea-ture Studios. The recently stopped by the forums, introduced themselves and expressed interest in getting feedback and just seeing what we're all about here. I believe our extensive archive of posts, videos, parks, graphics, etc... would be a great resource for them but also, the new suggestion forum will allow us to compile any ideas we have for them to skim through. The General Discussion is pretty self explanatory.

I also removed the GTA forums. They are still there, just not active because I had the foresight to expect backlash maybe??? If you want the GTA forums back, just say so and I'll make them active again and all the old threads will be there.

As for troubleshooting, I am aware of a few issues. One being avatars disappearing altogether when people try to change them. Also the duplicate posts that keep occurring with replies. Then we have the big issue of newly registered users getting banned immediately upon registering (sorry Noobtard) and then not being able to introduce themselves or participate on the forums.

I've looked around a bit on my own, but Debaser is much more familiar with vBulletin than I am when it comes to troubleshooting things. I've sent him a message to hopefully help speed up the troubleshooting, but in the meantime I'm trudging along doing Google searches and trying to figure shit out.

Anyways, good to talk to everyone again. I think a lot of us have been MIA for a while waiting for a new game to come out. Fuck yeah though! Fluckit!

Thanks guys,

Stokenstein.

TheIronz
06-29-2015, 01:24 AM
I for one dont mind about the GTA forums, If anyone really needed to hook something up for GTA we could just use Off Topic or something.

Much prefer the idea of this being purely a Skate Sim forum, with a little sprinkling of of Extreme Sport Sims dusted on top.

Muhzzy
06-29-2015, 08:47 AM
I know somebody that may be able to help you out man. If you send me your email address I can ask him if he can Help you with the vBulletin issues.

Also, I personally think the GTA section didn't belong, this is a fake skate forum. But honestly it doesn't matter to me if they're there or not.

Antwan
07-02-2015, 11:04 PM
Hey, so I did a quick google search, I read that there are two places avatars have to be enabled for vbulletin.

AdminCP > Settings > Options > User picture options > avatars enabled

And then also allow avatars per usergroup
Usergroup manager > edit usergroup

Worth a look.

Let me know if that helped and I'll look into the ban thing and posts too.