PDA

View Full Version : Strangers From the Sky Vol. 2

greenlake
05-02-2009, 04:01 PM
well here it is. i think it turned out rather nicely.

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Strangers_From_the_Sky_Vol_2/

i want to thank all of you that sent in your footage. there's a total of i think 21 people in it (including me twice!), and everybody really brought their best stuff. it was fun to edit and i can't wait till next time. don't hold your breath, because you will be dead by the time that happens, but it will happen again.

big thanks to:
eflixxx for banging out ANOTHER killer part so quickly after dp54
heshfield for putting a full part together in like a week and a half
clayfighter for blowing it and not sending any footage in
demz for waiting untill the buzzer, then sending footage hours later. (jk come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn man)
joshmutiny for helping me find some tunes
all of triple threat for everyone on the team submitting footage.
and ME.

disclaimers:
the ending credits have bad timing but honestly, who cares. does anybody want to watch it to see some credits?
everybody filmed themselves, as you all know, so if you feel you were poorly represented, tell it to the mirror.
i did some clip trimming but overall only left a handful of tricks out.
it's still in letterbox because i've never used reel before. i recommend full screen viewing.

enjoy, and congratulate yourselves.

EmmitBrown
05-02-2009, 04:02 PM
that was soooo sick. wow. great parts from everyone involved. real tight video.

;)

greenlake
05-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Shut up i pressed the wrong button it'll be done in a minute i was just trying to be prepared.

Tubilakken
05-02-2009, 04:56 PM
well that was just WOW.... didn't feel like 16 min to me.. more like 5... I have only seen it once so I can't really drop a list of all the dope tricks yet... but I remember being impressed through out the whole video....
oh yeah the editing was just spot on.... good use of Sky Pilot....

overall 10/10

big props to Robley for putting this together

EmmitBrown
05-02-2009, 05:00 PM
very very sick....watched it twice already.

on the third watch ill take notes....

wow.

edit: third watch, notes time.

first the titles were great.

fav tricks in:

robleys first part:
the 'cane
long 50/50

bullet:
bigspin into the bank
kick front smith

mutiny:
noseblunt lip
second to last clip...someone clarify what that was...bs 180 5-0 bs out?

tubi:
your whole part was my favorite trick of your part, i really like your skating
mini ramp butter

agg: fuck your name changes...(sick title btw)
kinked feebs
BIG bs flip
feeb to board

coming attractions was great....looking forward to both. maybe not 195tour...looks kinda hokey

flixx:
camo pants
smith at the FF
use of atiba
noseblunt stall
kick front blunt picnic table
both beasts down anchs' "hallway of death"

this is too much to review in one sitting....i'll do the second half later

Demzilla
05-02-2009, 05:43 PM
and to the one that made it all possible hahahahaahahahah

that was awesome as f---.....
good cam work everywhere...
entertaining mini parts...

wow sky..
look how youve grown....

eflixxx i official hate you....

bullet......im in love....

w.e. that first song was rocked....

i would also like to say sorry to rob for being so last mother fluckin sec that i got ender hahahah...
sorry man...

i owe you?...

man...
ok so yeah...

i loved it...
good beans robley...

i also want a pic of that neon logo...or you could make it in the c...
shit would be sick ingame...

sidenote...
i just put 5 new under thesmokemonster

animalhouse13
05-02-2009, 06:13 PM
dude that was just sick. props to you for editing that. that was possibly the sickest skate 2 video i've seen yet. thank you for that piece of art.

heshfield
05-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Wow. I gotta say, I'm proud to a part of this 'cause everybody showed up bigtime.
Rob- wallrides on the house
Bullet- terrorizing the cams
Josh- an SFTS vet; i like the noseblunt lipslide a lot. **youre the music-man so extra special thanks.**
Tub- smooth again, as always
Me- it was all in the editing; slight of hand and mirrors. Thanks, rob.
TT- adding some seriousness to the party. cant wait 4 the full.
195Tour- Great title fonts. perfect.
Eflixxxxxxxxxx- holy gawd, man. Furiously ripping. Hallway rail nollie nosegrind, the ender, how? how do you not hit that doorway? I did. haha.
montage- everyone contributed greatly. Animalhouse's cab noseblunt and everything from Quetonto's entrance to SG's hypnotic ledge skills, Skatehead tearin it up, and everyone else too.
Emmit- love how the song carries you in, and holy crazy lipslide body varial boardslide.
Rob- again? haha. KF 5-0 stall fakie on the fence, yea.
Ancors- Some of my favorite camera work. Roof gaps and 3flip boardslides.
Demz- That gap nollie lip shuvit was nice as hell. and the revert 3flip actually exists! haha, wow.
Classic credits ended by your ugly mug, Rob. You sure as hell came through making this all possible. For that I thank you, and also for letting me be in it. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Your editing skills are superior. Must have been a shitload of clips. haha

thebullet
05-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Robley, you are the man.

Everyone else in it...you are the men. That was pure gold start to finish. I need to watch it a few more times before I give one of those play by play reviews that are so popular these days.

Thank you for letting me be a part of it.

Damn man, you put that out quick, wasn't expecting to see the finished product till early next week sometime.

Skatevid2
05-02-2009, 06:49 PM
everyone killed it man

Robley presents..
A fluck load of people hahaha

see i was thinking this was like a three or four clip video..didnt know i couldve done a full part =[

very cool

thank you for making this =D

greenlake
05-02-2009, 06:52 PM
skatevid one more full part and i would've shot myself.

maybe next time?

thanks for the kind words everyone. i only cut and pasted. thanks again to everyone for the top notch filming and tricks you're the ones who made the video.

and me.

ME.

jkjkjkjkjjkjjkkkjkjkjkkjjkjkjkj,j,j,j,j,,kjkjk

thesignguy
05-02-2009, 07:19 PM
An honor, wish i had more time to contribute. Thanx for puttin my clips in. I love the 100 man vids. This one and the friday crew were so fun to watch/be a part of. Man some of the lesser known dudes ripped all over. Very well done by all not a bad clip in the bunch.
Robley is the man, man
Thanks again, hope theres another

Skatevid2
05-02-2009, 09:14 PM
yes there does.
and same with friday crew.

ill be here every damn friday for the year till i get invited to one =]

eflixxx
05-02-2009, 11:26 PM
thanks for putting me into this great video, its good from start to end, editing and music is just what i wanted to see, only gripe, its a bit blurry. (but it reminds me of a worn vhs from the goodooldays, so its all good.)

heres some highlights in my head

robley
0:40 frontside kickflip, dopest catch in skate2
0:53 tweaked switch heel, ohhhhh
0:58 switch heel crocks unleashing the armz
1:09 kickflip wallride straight outta sf
1:15 hurricane from hell
1:24 5050 nice cam and slam
1:28 3flip perfect shifty

bullet
lovely lines

mutiny
2:27 nosebluntslide, felt like ive seen that somewhere, looks cool

tubi
2:43 switch kickflip back tail shuv, classic
2:52 nice carve after the blunt

heshfield
3:37 frontside popshuv crocks to noseblunt, looked sweet
5:03 smithgrind looked so easy

i like satan, thx

skatehead closed the montage with sonme sick stuff

emmit
13:48 manny to backlip on the sucky hubba, like it

robley
14:30 kickflip 50 fakie one the fence very nice

anchors
killing it

demz
15:10 tailskidder, sooo cool
15:35 phat frontside flip after nice line
15:41 nosegrind where it shouldt be
15:44 swirly3flip, okay, teach me this, this line is beyond fresh
15:59 great shot to close it down

thanks again robley!

Stevland
05-03-2009, 02:36 AM
trippy ride, i likes. the bluriness added to the trippiness, altough i don't know if it was intentional.

very good skating from everyone and the edit was spot on.

i want more.

greenlake
05-03-2009, 05:24 AM
blurriness wasn't intentional. my crappy setup does not like crappy reel clips, and when i tried to render it in highest quality most of the transitions were green somehow.

Ninety4
05-03-2009, 06:28 AM
This was Great.
Great Flow with the music,Great way to split in between, Nice editing dude

Roccityroller
05-03-2009, 06:36 AM
incredible...period...that was f----n awesome

Ninety4
05-03-2009, 07:26 AM
ahhhh. Hears my reveiw.
Loved it all but some parts stuck to my brain
Rob-0:39Lovin the shorts my man
0:44Clean landing
Man i Love it when you ride fakie
Bullet-Great Lines my mans
Eflixx-you have this certain thing that makes me get up in pop in my skate every time i watch you.
Gym-Lovely Footplant with a sick line to follow
Embers-sweeet set up at 9:47
Signguy-Killing it as usually

AND NOW

Demzilla-15:43.
WTF must tell me how to do that.
it had me gasping for air

Missing some people so ill watch it again

quetonto1
05-03-2009, 08:22 AM
SOOO SOOO SOOO SOOO SOOO SOOO AMAZING

rob,hesh,eflixx,TT,signguy,tubs,demz,animal EVERYONE!! was great

joshmutiny
05-03-2009, 09:16 AM
congratulations everyone, we're all fucking SICK.

thanks for putting this together robley. it was really well edited and just fun as shit to watch. i've watched it twice already.

Anchors
05-03-2009, 11:17 AM
The sky pans in the begining and ending were creative and subtle.

Robs. Nice hurry’s, treflip up the stairs

Bullet. Lovin the cams, some tweaked out shit in there too.

Josh. Noseblunt to fakie on the 5 was 5 out of 5.

Tubi. Cant get enough popless stuff.

Hesh. First line, so sweet and so low. Stalefish to fakie, beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

Triple Threat. SHENANIGANS!!!

195tards. Holy shit Clay, with that half cab feebs to fakie.

Eflixxx. That part was straight up heavy. Tons of great lines and popless shit. Showing some “tunnel of love” love.

Embers. Fakie flip to switch smith bs pop-out was killer.

Gymstar. Kickflip walltap to fakie, OMG.

Signguy. That’s some quirky oatmeal right there.

Ninety4. Sweet intro.

Skatevid2. Killer switch fs flip.

Skatehead. Good stuff. S1 Demz called… lol

EB. The crazy shit on those ungrindables wtf?!

Robbery. Cathedral line was sweet. Fakie shuv fakie nosegrind, nice.

Demz. First line, yum. You should go to jail because you murdered that little rusty rail. The line with the unexpected fs flip, hello?!

Great vid Robston.

Whitseys
05-03-2009, 02:18 PM
everyone killed it, eflixx part was sik.

SeksulChokolate
05-03-2009, 03:14 PM
damn nice vid
everyone killed
vol 3?

greenlake
05-03-2009, 04:52 PM
hey just to let everyone know, apparently wegame does HD now? and you can watch it in HD. unless that's not new and you already did that. in which case.

you think you're better than me? ohhhh look at me i know things. you don't know SHIT pal.

EmmitBrown
05-03-2009, 04:56 PM
i did know that.

and you're lookin good in your avatar rob...who's the sexy young lad riding you?

mamba12
05-03-2009, 07:03 PM
man i loved watching that vid. seeing as i don't watch everything that gets thrown up here, it was awesome to see the style everyone brings. unique tricks & great filming.

greenlake
05-03-2009, 07:05 PM
i did know that.

and you're lookin good in your avatar rob...who's the sexy young lad riding you?

just a neighborhood kid. from a different neighborhood. that he'll never get back to, where i put him.

anchors made me a new one. it's the mona lisa of paintings.

heshfield
05-03-2009, 07:12 PM
just a neighborhood kid. from a different neighborhood. that he'll never get back to, where i put him.

anchors made me a new one. it's the mona lisa of paintings.

haha, now you and the triceritops have the same expressions. nice work, anchors.

BeatChemist
05-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Whole video was incredibly dope!!

I watched it twice in a row this afternoon. Too many good tricks and part to mention...

The ads were sick. Loved that.

Props to Robley for the editing work. It flowed really well and looked good, even with the slight blur. Great pacing made the 16 mins fly by!!

Embers BLS
05-03-2009, 07:53 PM
I am definitely glad i got to be a part of this.
Turned out amazing.

Been gone for the weekend, just watched it twice in a row.
I hope to see a ton more of these... haha.

Great work Robley. Major props to you.

Everyone threw down. :D

makes me lol that this got buried on EA already... i know, right? haha

greenlake
05-03-2009, 08:35 PM
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah it's EA.

i put it up over there only to get it on the blog next week. so comment on it everybody i'm trying to sell us out.

WE DESERVE IT.

glad everybody likes it. otherwise i would've had to change my name and pretend i was someone else.

quetonto1
05-03-2009, 11:12 PM
i had thought like that rob about changing usernames but its was with xbox live so i could make a team of 4 people but all me :] i would be awesome

greenlake
05-03-2009, 11:37 PM
i had thought like that rob about changing usernames but its was with xbox live so i could make a team of 4 people but all me :] i would be awesome

... huh?

Piktro
05-03-2009, 11:58 PM
Man that was put together really well, loved it. Everyone killed it.

quetonto1
05-04-2009, 12:21 AM
... huh?

doesn't matter

Winton
05-04-2009, 02:09 AM
So much awesomeness put in one package.. Gotta love vids like this!

13:58 lipslide body varial is something that I cant express in words :eek:

schnavolda
05-04-2009, 03:04 AM
sick, sick, sick.

i can't name which tricks and whose part i liked most. i'm so stoked. the whole package just felt right. i mean it was a bit blurry and bit hectic sometimes, but that was no big deal at all. at times, it felt like 15 years ago where i was watching a vhs copy of a super dope skateboard video my friends were all hyped about. good feeling ...

Piktro
05-04-2009, 03:32 AM
Saw this on EA and posted there too, but I can't stress how good this video is. Nice work.

Madsser3200
05-04-2009, 06:27 AM
SO NICE!!

N.I.C.E

Can't put words on that..

GymAllstar
05-05-2009, 08:46 AM
First chance to comment on this video, although I have watched it about 4 times all the way through... Everyone KILLED it in this video! Big thank you to Robley for editing all of this madness together and actually making it all flow together perfectly!

Too much good skating to comment on each skater but overall each person brought their own style of skating to the mix and you can really see how good everyone has gotten with the cams..

It would not be a video without an Embers Bail so good job for getting THAT one in there... haha good job everyone!!

thebullet
05-05-2009, 09:50 AM
my "play by play" review thing (*warning, it's damn long):

Love the first song, and sky shots, nice editing.

Robley 1: whatever, I like everything you do, so shutup, but that frontside flip over the rail, and that 3flip up those stairs made me cry tears of joy

Me: Hard to follow your stuff, but thanks for putting me in there, so stoked

Mutiny: love the noseblunt to lipslide, and those nosebluntslide on that big letter B

Tubilakken: smoothness, kickflip blunt 270 out at slappy's, how??

Heshfield: such a good part, that stalefish looked amazing. Frontnose up the bankledge revert out at 5:13 was hot. HOT.

Triple Threat: Somehow you make filming from the knees down look cool. Look forward to the full length (that's what that was for right)

Not quite sure what a tour in this game means, but I'm all for it if it involves you gentlemen.

Eflixxx: you're a footage machine, the best camera work out there, love the nollie noseblunt with the camera guy, and that back nosegrind to pop over the gap thing at 7:51, and how you (and robley) skate that wall by G.E.D. pool still blaffles me.

Montage: Good song, to many people to single out each individually, but I'll say some things anyways about some individuals.

Animalhouse: such a proper cab noseblunt, hard to do on those higher ledges.

Que: I don't know why, but that 3flip back5-0 looked sooo goood.

Triple Threat guys: So good, so clean, cool original signature filming that works well. props

Sign Guy: love your style, and your trick selection. 10 out of 10 for you sir.

ninety4: I like your kit

skatevid2: all good

skatehead: wallride kickflip over the can. great.

EB: tech tricks going insanely fast. Obviously the boardslide bodyvarial which has been mentioned a million times

Robley2: judo over the stairs, I don't know if you saw that girl there and were just like "let's kick that" or if it was just a coincidence, but it was awesome.

Anchors: one of my favorite styles, so aggressive, I don't know how you do that thing where you land your tricks and throw your arms down (that heelflip over the roof gap for example), but it looks better then anything.

Demzilla: holy shit

I've lost count of how many times I've watched this. Thank you Robley...thank you. Again, I can't believe how fast you put this out. Sorry it's taken me so long to give a full review of this work of art/genius.