PDA

View Full Version : Popless?

eastcoastskateboard1
08-04-2015, 01:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkcGHbLYwY0&feature=youtu.be

It took me a while to get it but here is what I have learned so far from everyone's feed back that was left on that last video I posted on here. Let me know what you think or if you have any tips that would be much appreciated.

emericaridr11
08-04-2015, 01:12 PM
better, now to keep practicing (as I need to do as well) and keep the starting pop low too (if possible)
filming has gotten better too I think

you will notice the easiest ones are Tailslides and Noseslides, then once you get used to doing Crooks while using your thumb/palm area those will become just as easy as tails
I have troubles with 5-0s, but yeahthats where I switch hands real quick and use my left for the right analog (and pop out) and use my right to press the X button

def better, def more practice needed, s2 is the most difficult for me.... the timing on OG popless seems 'better" and S3 is just awesome easy low pop... obviously

Im digging the new Youtube Player Look (or maybe that's just a firefox thing IDK)

iSnowable
08-04-2015, 01:28 PM
Nice that you did them on low curbs (also noticed that shuv it). Now I would recommend you to try doing the same for Bluntslides/Noseblunts (harder but necessary). Also, you should try popless shuv it/bigspins out of tailslides on high ledges since they're not that hard to do.

saunders420
08-04-2015, 01:45 PM
for popless, speed helps a lot imo. maintaining momentum is critical.

2 ways of doing it; you can use the right analog stick to slide off, before the ledge you fall off at the end. Or you cant wait to do the popless off the end of the ledge/rail. both equivalent in terms of height, the first one is tricky, because you have to avoid the ledge you were sliding on.

Sliding off ledges, less time to perform the maneuver. Instead pressing the A/X/B drop off button to cancel the grind will give you an extra bit of time to try and squeeze in the trick. A lot more glitchy in terms of making it look nice. but is very useful for smaller drops, ledges and rails.

Timing is everything. Go watch pawns vid.

try bs tail popshuvs and nosegrind kickflips for popless tricks off a ledge to get a feel. use the magnetism to your advantage ;)

eastcoastskateboard1
08-04-2015, 01:53 PM
for popless, speed helps a lot imo. maintaining momentum is critical.

2 ways of doing it; you can use the right analog stick to slide off, before the ledge you fall off at the end. Or you cant wait to do the popless off the end of the ledge/rail. both equivalent in terms of height, the first one is tricky, because you have to avoid the ledge you were sliding on.

Sliding off ledges, less time to perform the maneuver. Instead pressing the A/X/B drop off button to cancel the grind will give you an extra bit of time to try and squeeze in the trick. A lot more glitchy in terms of making it look nice. but is very useful for smaller drops, ledges and rails.

Timing is everything. Go watch pawns vid.

try bs tail popshuvs and nosegrind kickflips for popless tricks off a ledge to get a feel. use the magnetism to your advantage ;)

thank you and yes lol I have watched pawns video it helped a lot i know i have a lot of practice to do but I figured I would show what I learned so far
you guys are all really awesome lol for just helping me out so it is much appreciated. Idk how you all feel but I like s2 a lot more than skate 3.

Antwan
08-04-2015, 02:21 PM
So basically popless is just doing a fliptrick later.
You could start basic.. Roll off a ledge, do the fliptrick later than normal.
Do the same thing out of a manual.
Then do it out of grinds.
It's just height compensation.
If you really want to push the idea I like to do popless no complies and even boneless variations.
Popless ollies are nice for gaps. Landing manual is crispy!
Just experiment and have fun.
Skate 2 has more freedom if you don't mind planting your feet. :)
Easily my favorite in the series.
Granted some things are flawed compared to skate 3 but there is too much I like about it.