PDA

View Full Version : What software do you use to make videos?

thomasw2172
09-08-2015, 10:00 AM
Im using Windows Movie Maker and I hate myself for it. I had the video finished and now MM is being a shit and wont let me save it, and its ruining quality, so im just wondering what software everyone else uses/has used. Thanks.

SK8ERatWAR
09-08-2015, 10:38 AM
sony vegas is an easy step up from movie maker. It's not as difficult to get into as adobe premiere and it does everything you'd ever want for a skate edit

Antex
09-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Camtasia for making commentaries and simple stuff, Sony Vegas Pro 13 for actual edits, Adobe After Effects CS6 once in a while for effects I cant use in Sony Vegas.

emericaridr11
09-08-2015, 12:01 PM
if you can get Avid Media Composer, I would recommend that one but....
if your more of a starter, then Vegas is the way to go

Amphan
09-09-2015, 07:42 AM
I very rarely use WWM nowadays. I did early on, and it was a bitch to sync. I use a couple programs:

Sony Vegas Like E said, it's the way to go, and I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of people on this forum use it.

CyberLink PowerDirector It's a small step down from Vegas, but works just as well. It's cheaper too, so if you can't find Vegas, you can find that program.

emericaridr11
09-09-2015, 09:21 AM
Adobe Premiere is also a good choice

TheIronz
09-09-2015, 11:38 AM
I used MM for soo long! I never had any issues with it, its super easy to use and everything always uploads straight into it (cap-cards)

Now Im using Vegas though, and if you want to push the creativity, its certainly got vastly more options.

i am a snail
09-09-2015, 11:50 AM
all of my videos have been in fcp but if i ever edit again i'll be using vegas as i just got a new windows machine

i use after effects sometimes too

saunders420
09-09-2015, 04:51 PM
Avid allday. I use the basic studio version with unlimited tracks because its so simple, it likes 120 bucks....I think its on sale right now for madd cheap. but media composer is just the shittt. hella expensive tho. unless you go pirate stuff lol dont do it. your soul will be tarnished :eek: