PDA

View Full Version : 4 Hour Solo Project - Status: Complete

Piktro
05-09-2009, 12:46 PM
I posted this over on EA, but some of you may not be on there, so I'm bringing it here as well. Hope you don't mind. Anyways, here is the summary...

From starting to film in Skate 2, to rendering the final project in Sony Vegas, this took me a little under 4 hours. Add on the render and upload time, and we'll say a 5 hour total process.

Comments and criticism are greatly appreciated and will take all of them into consideration for future projects. Looking back, wish I had more of an ender, but I was going for the slow fade away effect.

Well, hope you like it. Let me know what you think.

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Piktros_Solo_2_HQ

Skully
05-09-2009, 12:57 PM
wow dude, nice. how did you do that intro part on vegas??

loved that grind with late flip around 0:24

Piktro
05-09-2009, 01:04 PM
wow dude, nice. how did you do that intro part on vegas??

Intro was done in after effects, but I could've easily achieved it in Vegas as well.

What I did was take a steady shot of me lifting my arms up, with enough room above the character to write my Persona if you will.

I then took a screenshot of the clip, and opened it in Photoshop.
I outlined all the windows and gave them a white fill with low transparency and a glow. Hid the background layer (the clip) and exported just the text as a PNG file for transparency.

I overlayed the PNG file above the original clip in After Effects. I faded in the opacity when he lifts his arms up, and added a sound effect for the whoosh-ness-ish sound.

I downloaded the sound off of a1freesoundeffects.

Sorry if you didn't follow, it made sense in my head.

greenlake
05-09-2009, 01:38 PM
really, really, really good cameras throughout. really good. intro clip was awesome as well i need to figure out doing stuff like that.

skating was a little slow and repettitive but that's a question of style and is relative so don't mind me.

heshfield
05-09-2009, 01:56 PM
I have to agree about the excellent camera work; the pan back at :44 caught my eye. An amazingly pristine result in under 5 hours is impressive. You must have gone to film school or something cause your video skills are killin it.

Madsser3200
05-09-2009, 04:03 PM
5 words..

innovation..
camerawork prefection..
awesome skating..