PDA

View Full Version : Eminem Relapse

EmmitBrown
05-09-2009, 01:43 PM
after the success of the Lil Wayne thread...i decided to see what people (if you've heard it) thought of the new Em album....i've listened to it quite a few times at this point and it keeps getting better....but i love his style.

ps. Relapse 2 coming towards the end of the year....

ChvyVele
05-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Yeah dude, Relapse is soooooooo sick. I'm happy it's good because Encore upset me. Also the skits were funny, I like that he brought back Paul and Steve like on his older albums. Overall, album is amazing in my opinion, though not for the faint of heart (see song: Insane).

EDIT: Also, I laughed for hours when I listened to the last song Underground/Ken Kaniff and he said that line about Hannah Montana. Still makes me laugh everytime.

BeastySteez
05-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Its great i hate is club music though.

But I don't think anything will ever come close to Infinite. for me... And im not one of those people who cry about an artist switching up there style ... I just love that song.

ChvyVele
05-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Its great i hate is club music though.

But I don't think anything will ever come close to Infinite. for me... And im not one of those people who cry about an artist switching up there style ... I just love that song.

There's two mainstream songs on it, We Made You and Crack A Bottle...

EmmitBrown
05-10-2009, 09:45 AM
old times sake is "radio" if that's what you mean by mainstream...

but he really shines in the songs/verses you cant play on the radio...

not sure what was meant by "club music" though.

this album is the reason i wasnt happy with asher's album. i wanted a new eminem album and (not ashers fault) the media made him out to be the next eminem, and they're nothing like each other...lyrically, musically, etc.

em keeps progressing lyrically which is pretty surprising considering the bar he set so early on in his career.

Nelson
05-10-2009, 09:50 AM
This album is the reason Eminem is my favorite rapper, and i personally think he's the best alive. Listen to infinite and Relapse, incredibly different styles but both executed perfectly.

EmmitBrown
05-10-2009, 10:01 AM
...and i personally think he's the best alive...

i concur....but i'll add the best ever.

people put big and pac on a pedestal because they're dead. dont get me wrong, they were both incredible, but they never had a chance to progress. we'll never know if they would have been better than em or jay or (you're gonna hate me) weezy

it's like jay said "hov got flow tho he's no big and pac but he's close, how im 'posed to win they got me fightin ghosts..." so sick.

there's a new standard in lyrics.

Nelson
05-10-2009, 10:09 AM
I also think hes the best to ever live, but i usually keep that to myself it seems to start problems and when i start arguing about em i get touchy haha

Demzilla
05-10-2009, 10:28 AM
on track 5..

disapointed so far...

ive herd "and" and "again" way past its needed about...
and it keeps showing up...

changing your voice isnt skill...
sounding arabian doesnt help eather...

its sounding "peiced together" instead of a well thought out bangers...

even the beats are under par...

and why does he feel he need to rewrite what he just wrote and rerun back through it....

and what with all the curse words....
that shows one way to get through a song...

(sorry to hate)

EmmitBrown
05-10-2009, 10:32 AM
(sorry to hate)

nah...speak freely...this is fluckit

i know it's my "opinion" and that not everyone agrees with me...

ps. if you don't like eminem, im quitting '54...LOL ;)

Demzilla
05-10-2009, 10:42 AM
would i sound crazy if i say...

it sounds like a em album...
not a slim album....

to me thats upsetting...
i guess i was exspecting somthin more free form and fun....
but it seems alil forced....

he runs through his 4 patterns he loves...
then slips in a lil funny line...

and im confused how he doesnt finish his sentenses anymore....

(im high)
im at whataburger for another murder herd of a double bacon burger murder by whata curse of----some other way to roll the line off...

and im skippin "we made you"....

his voice altering is driving me nuts....

good..

he got a few linmes that are hella clever with there meaning...
but overlaping words and reruning back and forth between what he just said is just kinda drowning....

STOP SAYING "AGAIN"

EmmitBrown
05-10-2009, 10:56 AM
thats funny cause i noticed and really liked how he doesnt exactly finish his sentences...like he'll end with a rhyme or whatever and finish the sentence over the chorus and shit...

it sounds dirty and different

but then again, he's where i learned how to rhyme so i have a soft spot like miles (oooh :eek: )

Demzilla
05-10-2009, 11:05 AM
i thought shady was supposs to be like a punch liney kind of dude....
w.e. though...

and i like half sentenses...
there fun...
just not somthin id like to get from a "shady" record...

and you were modivated by em thats awesome....
learn and understand what he does....
and then use that...

youve herd a few of mine...

im modivated by a tri of ghostface killah ol dirty bastard and kool keith/dr octagon/dr doom (same guy)
unorthidox but smart...

dr octagon "blue flowers"...
ghostface killa "beat the clock"
old dirty "pop shots"

so we both are on oposite sides of the spectrum...

EmmitBrown
05-10-2009, 11:15 AM
so we both are on oposite sides of the spectrum...

quite....kinda makes it that much cooler that we can appreciate each others shit.

ive always felt like rap is as diverse as all of music itself.

and dont get me wrong, Em motivated me to write, but i LOVE people like ghost...he's in my top ten

he just speaks truth, like when he talks about the girl that you'd go to school on half a days and shit, just to see her....and hump the pillow thinkin about her...ghost albums you can just let play through. there's so much nasty in them.

Demzilla
05-10-2009, 11:29 AM
homboy just quoted childsplay hahahahaha...
"see had a ass like debra cox, face like lauren..waste like a coke bottle scorin"
too sick...

im in love with those three because of pace like that and lingo that constantly evolves...
"People be talkin', I feed dolphins
My defense'll fly the coop off your mean office
My skills is a fortune, robbin' leech out a suite auction
Teachem fall off the greatest, fuck what they say
'cause we against the abortions and we...
the roll is sick...

back on topic...

relapse is alil shallow to me...
i wish the beats were more full of sound...
i wish he had long detailed bunchline....
and i wish his fluckiin voice would stay the same....

i think the slim shady lp will always be my fav...
aka...
i dont hear anything on relapse that made me wanna drop it in my car and bang it...

EmmitBrown
05-10-2009, 11:40 AM
"versace banana colored robes and my socks be,
that billie jean shit, real rocky,
fans cant knock me i,
bench coliseums while genius spot me,
plus im cocky..."

hahahaha...love ghost.

but i cant put my finger on what i love about this (and im guessin the same thing in encore that some people didnt really dig)...its a combo of delivery and awkward rhyme scheme...it sounds like it shouldn't work but (to me at least) it does and it's him at his best.

i like how all of his albums are different...you cant deny that slim shady lp is almost completely different than this...and i can see how if you really like one of his albums that doesnt mean you like them all....

Demzilla
05-10-2009, 11:47 AM
finished that last two trracks...

ok..
if this is a double album...

and the last song is a teaser of sorts..
im kinda excited...

last song was alot better than the rest...

crossin fingers....

back to studio...

EmmitBrown
05-10-2009, 11:51 AM
back to studio...

wooord....hehehehhe

ChvyVele
05-10-2009, 05:25 PM
i concur....but i'll add the best ever.

people put big and pac on a pedestal because they're dead.

Totally agree, and people usually get angry when I say that, haha.

sk8cdt
05-10-2009, 07:09 PM
why isnt this on itunes

EmmitBrown
05-10-2009, 07:17 PM
because it gets released on the 19th...

ps. buy it at a store, itunes sucks.

sk8cdt
05-10-2009, 07:53 PM
o ya it was leaked wasnt it? how can i get me this shit

BeastySteez
05-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Big was way ahead of his time, Pac... was pretty good but his message was GREAT. And thats saying something coming from an L.a. native.

But Em is certainly one of the best of our time and if it continues on this downward slope probably one of the greatest all time.

But yeah I never really heard an Em track the I really fuckin dug the hell out of being played on the radio, but thats just me. Songs like Ass Like That or the newest Crack a bottle are not where he shines to me, Because it sounds like is holding back alot to make the the track radio friendly.

Monk
05-10-2009, 11:00 PM
Im with Demz on this one: he needs to go back to his Slim Shady style for real:

some things off encore werent that bad... i loved every song off that bonus cd that came with it...
ricky ticky tock is one of my favorite songs of all time from him..... its just got that gangster flow from the old school.

jest118
05-10-2009, 11:59 PM
I'm loving the album. Song and Dance, Beautiful, 3am, Underground, Stay Wide Awake, and Medicine Ball are my favorites so far.

I'm not sure how people think this doesn't sound like "Slim." The Slim Shady persona was always the crazy one and this is definitely an album all about insanity. Marshall Mathers is the personal, real persona, and Eminem is the performer.

There's a theory floating around the net that this album isn't actually Relapse. Some people think it leaked way too early to be the real thing, suggesting it's a bunch of throw away tracks and that the "real" relapse will be entirely different.

It's an interesting theory. I don't really care if it's true or not though as I'm really enjoying this album either way.

Really looking forward to the second album later this year.

EmmitBrown
05-11-2009, 04:30 AM
i was thinking that as well....just because ive heard him say in interviews on shade 45 that the reason his stuff doesnt get leaked is because the only people that have copies of it are Em and Dre....he doesnt give any to the label or anything....

but idk, at some point you have to give a copy to SOMEONE to press up before distribution...

but i agree as far as it being mostly Slim...his flow is very different from Slim Shady LP, but the content and vocal inflections are there....

he also got a lot deeper than i thought he would....it's just not blatant

i dont really have any type of preconceived notions about the next one...whatever he wants to put out (a slim album, a marshall album, an em album) is fine by me....i think he killed this one....

i also kinda feel like the two albums will be better when taken together (like pills, or kill bill 1 & 2)....this in an incredible album but i dont think he meant it as a standalone, i think it'll really shine as part of a double-disc....

Demzilla
05-11-2009, 05:38 AM
is em cool enough to leak a fake album....
for hype purposses...

yes..

if theres another record is it gonna be fun and less complaining....

possibley maybe(bjork)

and im still a asshole here but....

if "we made you" is a single of the real full....
then its basically gonna be the same hallow beats and hindi funny accent..
(why hindi cause he said it himself in a chorus)

im sorry....

im missing my

"outsiders baby and were suing the courts, cause were dope as fuck and only get a 2 in the source"

i want my punch back....
(starts crying)

edit
eb you have to have some kinda preconceived notions...
he makes themed albums under themed names....

if said theme sounds funny in context then he isnt succeeding in his efforts...

im late for work...

EmmitBrown
05-11-2009, 05:59 AM
eb you have to have some kinda preconceived notions...
he makes themed albums under themed names....

ok....so without reading too much into this album, i'll go with it being based around his "hiatus" (both the cause and effect of said hiatus)...with the usual suspects thrown in there that end up on every Em album (insults at women he has feelings for, childhood, etc.)

and the next could be him going back to straight up angry Em...or more along the lines of Lose Yourself and Say Goodbye to Hollywood...more "actual" introspection, instead of humorous....i just hope it isnt a "finale" of sorts...

i really dont think he has the TONS of stuff built up over the past couple years everyone thinks he does.....he has said that he wasnt really feelin rap for a while...and then with the rehab shit...

ps. he also said that T.I. and Wayne were two that made him excited for the state of rap again.

Demzilla
05-11-2009, 08:21 AM
ok confession...
i dont read much on rap...
the music should speak for itself..
that being said...
i have no idae why he hasnt been around..
the "party" of rap has clearly been taking over the "skill" of rap...
so if thats true i completly understand...

understanding that modivation..

this album feels like he stretching his legs again..
which is cool...
i can hear it and feel it in all the songs..
not half ass but more testing waters...

like i said earlier...
last track is impressive by far in comparison from the rest..
(for a shady album)

"ps. he also said that T.I. and Wayne were two that made him excited for the state of rap again. "

yeah cause hes a fan of skill...
completly understandable...

enough of me complaining..

HOW DOES EVERYONE ELSE FEEL...
hahahahh

EmmitBrown
05-11-2009, 09:09 AM
yeah, rap hasn't been very lyrically focused for a while now...with jay-z going in and out of retirement...em on "vacation"...etc.

and i think you can tell by my stuff that that's what i pay the most attention to.

i dont see him (em) putting out his lesser material second. what i mean by that is, i expect that he put this out as a "this is what people were wanting, and im good at it", like a relapse into what he's known for (humor, rhyme scheme, and sick graphic images) and then relapse 2 will be the "wow" tracks. not that i consider any of it to be "lesser" material...but i think you get what i mean.

and the stretching the legs thing...i couldn't have put it better myself.

ps. im now realizing that i need to find a disc reproduction service that doesnt give a shit about sample clearances....i had no idea....i thought they pressed up whatever you wanted and you yourself had to worry about the legalities of it....

BeastySteez
05-11-2009, 09:45 AM
yeah, rap hasn't been very lyrically focused for a while now...with jay-z going in and out of retirement...em on "vacation"...etc.

You think Mr. Carter is lyrical?

EmmitBrown
05-11-2009, 09:56 AM
DISCLAIMER: this is not gonna be a argument...it's all love at fluckit :)

whoa...first of all which mister carter? Jay? or Weezy? i consider them both incredible lyricists...but i think you were referring to me mentioning Jay, in which case i cant believe you dont.

BeastySteez
05-11-2009, 10:08 AM
DISCLAIMER: this is not gonna be a argument...it's all love at fluckit :)

whoa...first of all which mister carter? Jay? or Weezy? i consider them both incredible lyricists...but i think you were referring to me mentioning Jay, in which case i cant believe you dont.

DISCLAIMER: My Opinion.

Lol I'm not trying to start an argument, but yeah I think Jay is alil over rated, 75% of every one of his song is "I used to sell crack" assuming you listen to JayZ you know this to be true. I dont think Jay is all he cracked up to be, I mean from the get go when he came out with Big L he paled in comparison.

EmmitBrown
05-11-2009, 11:16 AM
well ill agree that thats your opinion.

and ill also assume that you haven't listened to most of his stuff.

ive honestly heard Jay-z get sicker with lyrics than anyone, with the exception of Em (but they're different lyrical styles...Em has ridiculous rhyme scheme, which i happen to be in favor of) Jay-z is actually Jesus (if he existed) on a microphone...

but i imagine we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Big L was alright, but he was all punchlines and it took a while for him to write stuff.

Hova (there's a reason hes called that) doesn't even write stuff anymore and composes incredible verses in his head in like an hour that are FAR deeper and more lyrical than the best shit most other rappers have ever written.

my opinion.

ps. your sig is enormous.

BeastySteez
05-11-2009, 12:10 PM
well ill agree that thats your opinion.

and ill also assume that you haven't listened to most of his stuff.

ive honestly heard Jay-z get sicker with lyrics than anyone, with the exception of Em (but they're different lyrical styles...Em has ridiculous rhyme scheme, which i happen to be in favor of) Jay-z is actually Jesus (if he existed) on a microphone...

but i imagine we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Big L was alright, but he was all punchlines and it took a while for him to write stuff.

Hova (there's a reason hes called that) doesn't even write stuff anymore and composes incredible verses in his head in like an hour that are FAR deeper and more lyrical than the best shit most other rappers have ever written.

my opinion.

ps. your sig is enormous.

Lol I agree L was all punchlines, Sick ass punchlines but all punch lines none the less. L in his prime would rip Jay apart. But I dont think it matters how long it takes to write a couple of verses its the content of said verses. In my opinion Jay doesnt have alot of lyrical content apart from crack rhymes.

I know that shit is huge it even annoys me.

Demzilla
05-11-2009, 12:11 PM
(beasty hes kinda right...gotta size that sig down alil man)...

eb and em with weezy too...

im not aloud to be here anymore huh?...

back on topic...

medicine ball sounds full...
thought out....

but im kinda hoping on that double album he blatenly claims...

not because i exspect better...
(cause thats a personnal theme opinion)
but because more is better...

and ima wrap this up with..

em ryhmes "doin" with "door"...

yeah...

that one saong abut lindsy lohan and others is amusing too...
maybe because i wanna do "things" to lohan also....

sue me im a sucker...

EmmitBrown
05-11-2009, 12:51 PM
em ryhmes "doin" with "door"...

yeah...

i dont know how to respond to that, only because i dont know if you meant it as a negative or not...i love making words that dont rhyme soudn like they rhyme, thats skill....

office...alcoholics..they rhyme ;)

and beasty, jay has a lot more than just "crack rhymes" as you say...and thats why im assuming you havent listened to the majority of his work. not bashing you, just saying, you either haven't listened to it, or the stuff you listened to you didn't "hear"....white men can't jump ftw.

as far as ripping jay apart, we wont get into that because it's something we'll never know. but my opinion is 180 degrees from yours on that.

BeastySteez
05-11-2009, 01:04 PM
i dont know how to respond to that, only because i dont know if you meant it as a negative or not...i love making words that dont rhyme soudn like they rhyme, thats skill....

office...alcoholics..they rhyme ;)

and beasty, jay has a lot more than just "crack rhymes" as you say...and thats why im assuming you havent listened to the majority of his work. not bashing you, just saying, you either haven't listened to it, or the stuff you listened to you didn't "hear"....white men can't jump ftw.

as far as ripping jay apart, we wont get into that because it's something we'll never know. but my opinion is 180 degrees from yours on that.

Well man I'm not a hater in any way shape or form of Jay Z I actually like (feeling it is one of my favorite songs of all time) him I just think he raps about the same ish all the time and he aint ready to be mention with the goats Im open minded so I'd love for you to point me I direction of some Good Jay shit.

EmmitBrown
05-11-2009, 01:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joHCfll2AGI

BeastySteez
05-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Thank you fucking jesus now I can have something good to say about Jay when his name comes up, But I think his delivery was alil off be still sick ass all hell

EmmitBrown
05-11-2009, 01:43 PM
yeah, it was...but he was drunk at hot 97 when he recorded it....so for what thats worth....

but definitely a lot of sick lines in there.

BeastySteez
05-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Question, You ever give Joe Budden a good listen?

EmmitBrown
05-11-2009, 01:58 PM
yeah, i used to really like him....but he's pretty corny anymore

he had a lot of good stuff early on....he needs to stop sayin nukkha tho....

Grafh is pretty ridiculous, and Fahim is the realest dude ive ever listened to....

BeastySteez
05-11-2009, 02:00 PM
yeah that adlib is annoying!

Have you heard any of his recent shit, He's the most slept on ever!

bmagic_3
05-12-2009, 12:45 PM
the cd is alright, not the eminem i was wanting. i think this ones a little too commercial. but gotta give props to people who the music they want and not the music thats "hot right now"

ChvyVele
05-13-2009, 05:45 PM
the cd is alright, not the eminem i was wanting. i think this ones a little too commercial. but gotta give props to people who the music they want and not the music thats "hot right now"

Explain how it's commercial please?

1) 3 AM - Song about murdering people.
2) My Mom - Song about tons of drugs.
3) Insane - A song about his step dad doing terrible things.
4) Bagpipes From Baghdad - Making fun of Nick Canon and such.
5) Hello - Song about drugs and such again.
6) Same Song and Dance - Song about killing/raping pop stars.

Do I really need to go on? :D

Nelson
05-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Explain how it's commercial please?

1) 3 AM - Song about murdering people.
2) My Mom - Song about tons of drugs.
3) Insane - A song about his step dad doing terrible things.
4) Bagpipes From Baghdad - Making fun of Nick Canon and such.
5) Hello - Song about drugs and such again.
6) Same Song and Dance - Song about killing/raping pop stars.

Do I really need to go on? :D

Win.

EmmitBrown
05-14-2009, 02:10 PM
yeah, ive heard people say weird things about em before...like after the eminem show i heard people say "he's trying too hard"....which makes absolutely no sense

i dont think theres anything commercial about this album.

im still bumpin it, too.

his strong point is definitely interior rhymes and scheme...but it's always been. and he keeps changing/growing for the better (in my opinion).

his old mixtape stuff was absolutely incredible, but his album tracks keep getting more and more "technically polished"

i hate to compare things in this manner but this is a skate forum so i will....he's the rodney mullen of rhyme.....but for obvious reasons i think Em is much more talented than rodney, just using that as an example.

my opinion.

ps. nice sig nelson :D

Nelson
05-14-2009, 03:13 PM
I still think this is lyrically the greatest song ever made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtRbEgoTqQs

sk8cdt
05-14-2009, 08:21 PM
how can i get my hands on this

BeastySteez
05-14-2009, 09:15 PM
I still think this is lyrically the greatest song ever made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtRbEgoTqQs

Thank You. Jesus! someone feels me

jest118
05-15-2009, 10:43 AM
I just heard two more New Eminem tracks that aren't included on the album. I'm thinking they're probably the Bonus Songs you get when you buy the album from Eminem.com

Titles are "My Darling" and "Careful What You Wish For."

My Darling is straight fucking fire the whole way through. Careful What You Wish For is a solid track... but nothing ground breaking.