PDA

View Full Version : preorder

jogmister543
08-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Hey. At my local gamestop, there are preorders, but I don't know if I should get one. I really want to, but there is always the posibility that I wont be able to pick it up because I have no clue when it will come out, like any of us do.:p

So, was skate og sold out when it first came out? Do you think skate 2 will be? Or should I just put a preorder when we find out when it comes out?

Thanx

Derek Goodspeed
08-20-2008, 06:54 PM
to be honest...

i never pre order any games...i always just go down to best buy sometime in the day and they always seem to have plenty of copies hah

Get Stoked
08-20-2008, 06:58 PM
I usually preorder, not because it may be sold out on release, but because it's convenient. Say I'm at Gamestop getting a new mic or something, I'll preorder it, then on release I just walk in/walk out and on bigger games there are usually less people in the fully paid line rather than the non-preorder/need-to-pay-more line.

bmostacks
08-21-2008, 11:28 AM
It comes out 3-3-09 and u should preorder it

SonicKaos
08-21-2008, 02:27 PM
We don't know when it comes out yet.. hasn't been announced still.

When you pre-order the game, they'll hold it for 48 hours I believe. After that, they stick it in stock with all the rest. If you paid for it already, they'll still honour that... they just wont keep one copy specifically for you anymore.

I'd wait to pre order it though. Recently, a lot of games have included some kind of special item or other extra thing for pre-ordering the game (especially EA games). If you pre order before that deal starts, you likely won't get whatever the deal is or you'll at least have to fight for it.

I'd pre order it for sure just in case, but I wouldn't do it until much closer to release in case some special offer pops up.

ERIKDOTCOM
08-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Yeah Ima reserve it. Also, Sonic's correct cuz when I reserved Skate 1, when I picked it up they gave me a free Skate 1 tee which I still have.:)

Mac
08-23-2008, 06:01 PM
There's a 'preorder' button at the webpage now.
Click it and it'll take you to Gamestop's site.

It says it'll ship at 3/3/09.

God fucking damnit.