PDA

View Full Version : Two Minute Workout vol 6 -- G Ryin guest skater!

BeatChemist
05-12-2009, 04:00 PM
wegame : http://www.wegame.com/watch/Two_Minute_Workout_Volume_6_ft_G_Ryin/

youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh7dokpoPQc

Another Two Minute Workout featuring guest skating from my man G Ryin, reppin' The Gold Standard. Takes place at the Library. This one turned out really nice. As usual I'm kinda pushing the realistic limits a bit, but trying to keep it fresh and creative. G Ryin drops some sick grinds, grabs, and a real tight ender.

If anyone's interested in being featured as a guest, let me know. All I need is 90 seconds of footage in flv format. Double angles for enders.

I'm always looking for feedback, so please let me know what you think. Skating/Filming/Editing... let me know what you hate/love.

Oh. And props to Anchors for his arm work. I thiefed it. Sorry. Credit where it's due.

Roccityroller
05-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Holy F'n Ender batman...that was f----sick soooo good, nice job guys

paulgary
05-12-2009, 10:33 PM
nice three minute two minute workout

great watch
nice quick showcase of some smooth skating
and filmed and edited together so well

gonna have to catch up
and watch all of these workouts

liked the line over the lights at 1:14
with the security guard pan
and the table rail session was great fun

Madsser3200
05-13-2009, 04:15 AM
iiinsaneee..
ender was siiiickkkk..
soo great..
poth parts were sick..

G Ryin
05-13-2009, 11:19 AM
thanks guys. when beat chem asked me to do this, i was so excited....

and rightfully so. it turned out way better than i imagined.

make sure you guys check out the other 2 min workouts, especially vol 5 with Piktro at the Fantasy Factory.

hot shit!

BeatChemist
05-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Thanks guys glad you like it.

I can't be bothered to get into being on a team, so this is the closest thing for me. I really enjoy the comparison and contrast between people's skating styles.

If anyone wants to get down for a workout session just let me know!

It also seems like I picked the correct ender for the workout. I wasn't sure. I was gonna take then ender spot and use my table nose manny revert to 5-0 clip, but I just really really really liked G Ryin's 180 between those ledges. So sick looking. And pretty hard to duplicate.... I was trying for a while but gave up.

I am also really happy people are noticing the security guard pan-back. I didn't plan it out that way, it actually happened when the camera glitched and I was like "OH! Hey! Security guard behind the camera!" and just smoothed it out and kept it.

Oh... and what do you guys think of the kickflip late kickflip over the can at 2:35? Pushing realness too much? I liked it a lot, especially the way it's edited to the snare in the beat. I'm sure some people hate it, but... I had to keep it in there. :)

G Ryin
05-14-2009, 01:22 PM
i personally would have gone with a late back heel. then its a "kickback flip" or kickback (as close as you can get to them in the game anyways).

i don't think its impossible, just more likely to do a late flip with the back foot since it didn't cause the initial flip.

in terms of editing, however, it was perfect.

BeatChemist
05-14-2009, 03:57 PM
Yeah I know you've had one of those in your videos...

The kick late kick is a little hawkish... but whatever. The more I think about stuff like that, the more I'm just like, "ah fuck it I'll fucking film any damn trick I want as long as I like it. Fuckers."

Somebody slap me in the face if I'm doing multiple 360 inward heels in and out of 200ft grinds with speed I got from dropping into a transition off a roof... I'll fight you at the time but I'll thank you later. It's a slippery slope I've started down... :)

Also. I never seem to get much attention from the hoodlum fam. Are they scared of my skills? We'll wait and see... lol

saunders420
05-14-2009, 05:07 PM
yo you got some skill with editing beat

solid job once again