PDA

View Full Version : Different versions of a full length (opinions?)

My Elementality
04-29-2018, 06:06 PM
I was thinking about how an album is structured usually, so like there's the standard version and then there is different versions of bonus tracks (so like a itunes bonus track or deluxe edition bonus tracks). So then I had this idea to include bonus parts with songs that would be copyright blocked in the us or different countries so then other people can only see that version if they live in a different country. So my idea was to have the standard version of the video with maybe a re-edit of a part or something, then releasing different versions of it on different platforms (like xbox or vimeo) or releasing it with a song that would make the video copyright blocked in a certain country with bonus parts that only that platform or country could see. I would like to see this as a thing that everyone does one day but I would also like opinions on this or feedback for way to improve the idea. Who knows, five years from now (if anyone still posts shit on any of the skates) people will drop full lengths with bonus parts and that would be normal. Any and all feedback/opinions are welcome.
-My Elementality