PDA

View Full Version : New trucks?

andersatan
05-20-2009, 04:03 PM
So I've been thinking about buying some new trucks but am stumped on what to buy... I'm currently riding some Indy Stage 10's and have pretty much only ridden Indy's, Tensor's and Royal's in the past.

My friend bout a pair of those Thunder hollow trucks and it's so much easier to skate on them, it feels like there is nothing under you. So I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what to buy for a lighter truck, I've been looking at the Tensor Mag's those new Krux with the hole through the hanger and also the Thunder hollows.

Any advice would be appreciated, I want something both light but something that's not gonna break too fast.

Hitmanx123
05-20-2009, 07:46 PM
ok...first off scrap the krux. even tho they look cool and say "WE PUT A HOLE IN OUR SHIT..SO IT'S LIGHTER!!!" DONT BELIEVE IT!. i've ridden indy, thunder,venture,royal and krux and the worst of them is krux and probably royals because they just don't withstand a lot of hard hits. thunders and tensor are ur best bet, i mean u could just buy the same pair u had last time, it wouldnt make much a difference to buy a different truck....but go with thunder's if u want something new. kinda lighter than the rest but wore down a lot faster than my ventures and indy's.

andersatan
05-20-2009, 08:05 PM
ok...first off scrap the krux. even tho they look cool and say "WE PUT A HOLE IN OUR SHIT..SO IT'S LIGHTER!!!" DONT BELIEVE IT!. i've ridden indy, thunder,venture,royal and krux and the worst of them is krux and probably royals because they just don't withstand a lot of hard hits. thunders and tensor are ur best bet, i mean u could just buy the same pair u had last time, it wouldnt make much a difference to buy a different truck....but go with thunder's if u want something new. kinda lighter than the rest but wore down a lot faster than my ventures and indy's.

No I can deffinatly tell the difference between my friends Thunder Hollow Lights, or whatever they're called, and my indies, I haven't really taken a look at those Tensor Magnesiums though not sure how light they really are.

pawnluvguitarist
05-21-2009, 02:16 AM
i've always loved Tensor lows, they have been my truck of choice for many years.

andersatan
05-21-2009, 07:48 AM
i've always loved Tensor lows, they have been my truck of choice for many years.

Do you ride the ones with a slider pawn?

Madsser3200
05-21-2009, 01:07 PM
well..
my preferate would be soooome..
ventures..

they have a great turning..
they don't tilt much in the turning..
and the are hard to break..

i have had mines about a year..
and i f-- love them..
and im not changing them in for some f-- krux..
them light bastards..
they are f-- ugly too..
haha..
f-- them..

BeastySteez
05-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Wow there's alot of difference in opinion here well let me start off saying

Krux for my dollar is the best for me that is, But if you're looking for more durability and longevity than indepedents you will not find anything. I haven't tried the new tensor mags but I hear good things about them. Venture is about average and they last pretty long I still have my first pair from 4 years ago all grinded down and the will still ride great. Thunder which I have nothing bad to say about except they are alil low (I am riding them now). Silver Meh average.

But i will say this STAY AWAY FROM ROYALS! FAR AWAY! I know those pretty colors are pretty attractive but they are the most fragile truck on the market. I myself have broken 3 BRAND NEW pairs of Royal trucks when I say brand new I mean like 1-2 weeks into skating them and I dont do big drops or stairs or anything like that, They have the weakest baseplate money can buy. I have seen numerous friends and acquaintances break/crack royal trucks. Please If you want to save money dont buy them.

I swear by these statements.

andersatan
06-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Wow there's alot of difference in opinion here well let me start off saying

Krux for my dollar is the best for me that is, But if you're looking for more durability and longevity than indepedents you will not find anything. I haven't tried the new tensor mags but I hear good things about them. Venture is about average and they last pretty long I still have my first pair from 4 years ago all grinded down and the will still ride great. Thunder which I have nothing bad to say about except they are alil low (I am riding them now). Silver Meh average.

But i will say this STAY AWAY FROM ROYALS! FAR AWAY! I know those pretty colors are pretty attractive but they are the most fragile truck on the market. I myself have broken 3 BRAND NEW pairs of Royal trucks when I say brand new I mean like 1-2 weeks into skating them and I dont do big drops or stairs or anything like that, They have the weakest baseplate money can buy. I have seen numerous friends and acquaintances break/crack royal trucks. Please If you want to save money dont buy them.

I swear by these statements.

Thanks man, this was probably the most helpful comment, seems like you've been skating for quite some time.

bigmike712
06-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Indy
thunder
royal

Tubilakken
06-02-2009, 05:52 PM
hmmm

Venture: If you throw you board around like a mad man on drugs, every time you can't land tricks ( like me) then stay away from Venture ... the break real easy like that ... plus I'm not happy with the way they turn..

Indy's : great trucks... keep them loose and you'll get some good trucks for your buck.. only downside is the weight .... and the design ( if that sort of thing bothers you )

Thunder : my favorite truck... it's basically like indy's only lighter and they turn a little better...

these are the only trucks I have skated

a red bicycle
06-02-2009, 06:07 PM
yea imo ventures are horrible, the bushings always end up jacked in some way which sucks if you don't have an extra pair.

tensors are okay if you don't do anything too big, im 180lb. and it cracked down an 8 set so that should give you an idea of how strong they are. good for flat ground though.

destructo are average from what i remember- too long ago, and it was when i first started, so i did't know if they were bad or if it was just me

BeastySteez
06-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Thanks man, this was probably the most helpful comment, seems like you've been skating for quite some time.

Your welcome dude, I had the privilege of getting free product from one of my locals shops and that allowed me to try out all kinds of wheels bushings and bearings, I aint been skating for the longs only 6 years, but I know product

And to touch on something one of the other guys was saying ventures and have shitty stock bushings, but stick some doh dos in there and you'll be straight

The one trucks I haven't skated are destructos but my friend has a saying " Weapons Grade Aluminum MY Ass" and thats enough to keep me away.

andersatan
06-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Aw that's pretty sweet about the free gear.
Any advice on bushing hardness? Don;t really know to much about bushings, just kinda use what I got but mine are starting to wear down.

BeastySteez
06-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Ive if you skate lose trucks skate with the softest ones they got OR! you can go medium and skate with looser trucks...

It varies on your weight alot though if you like one of those skinny ass dudes go soft bushings

a red bicycle
06-05-2009, 12:46 PM
do you buy different bushings, beasty?

and if so, how much do they help

BeastySteez
06-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Usually I dont buy bushing unless one breaks which is rare... if one of you bushings breaks its alot helpful to buy new ones. But Beware if your king pin is worn down or striped or anything like that because if it is I could be super bitch to get back on.